Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,847 members, 7,798,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally (432 Views)

"Woman Gives Birth To A Lizard In Omoku Market" - Facebook User Shares Photos / As Keystone Bank Decides To Go Digital / Edo Decides: Pastor Ize Lead In Own Unit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by ijaw1stson: 8:14pm On May 28, 2016
A Nigerian has decided he wants to meet all his Facebook friends face-to-face

According to a post shared on his Facebook page, a young man identified as Gaius Chibueze, has decided to take a nationwide tour to meet all his 5000 Facebook friends.
Chibueze who is based in Abuja, says he wants to be the first person to achieve this ‘feat’. He made up a roster with dates of his ‘meet and greet’ that will also extend to his Ghana based followers.

Here’s what he shared on his page below:

“My name is Gaius Chibueze, a Nigerian.
I want to be the first person in the history of the world to meet all his 5,000 Facebook friends one on one. This I am already doing through a project I call “Mr Facebook World Tour A.K.A Facebookers connect

The whole idea of project is

1. To bring the Love and Friendship we share online to the Real World.

2. To advocate for the positive use of the social media(Uniting the World with the Social Media.

3. Adventure. This project will see me become the first person in the history of the world to meet all his 5,000 Facebook friends one on one.

4. Facebookers Connect. (www.facebookersconnect.com) A platform aimed at connecting Facebook friends in each city who have close ties on the internet but haven’t met in real life. Such friends will have the opportunity to interact one on one and use this medium positively to reach out and touch lives of people in need (Physically Challenged, Orphans, School Drop outs, sick persons, skill acquisition training for the unemployed) in their immediate society”
The young man who is quite passionate about his quest, has not stopped pushing his idea despite the backlash he has received from a couple of people who think his idea is a crazy one.

Here’s another post he shared recently:

“The Facebookers Connect project of the “Mr.Facebook World Tour” is a platform which will bring thousands of Facebook users in each country together to discuss how humanity can use the social media (Facebook) to unite the world. During the tour, my Facebook friends and I will meet in interactive sessions real time on issues and challenges of common interest.

We will also bring hope to victims of war by visiting internally displaced persons (IDPs) and indigent members of the society with donations from all my Facebook friends, corporate organizations and other Facebook users in such countries. Support the Mr. Facebook World Tour for Peace Project.”

Re: Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by ijaw1stson: 8:15pm On May 28, 2016
Re: Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by druxy(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2016
Were re o
Re: Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by ammyluv2002(f): 8:39pm On May 28, 2016
He's jobless undecided

If he doesn't have anything doing, he should at least pray for Nigeria cheesy grin
Re: Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by RealAdewole(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2016
hmmmm only 2 tinz are ........
Re: Facebook User Decides To Meet His 5,000 Followers Personally by Marley01(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2016
He's trying to get Zuckerberg's attention.
Sorry dude, meeting all 5,000 people will require the amount of money Dasuki stole from your country.

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin’s Funeral: Council Bans Benin Residents From Cooking With Fire / Rihanna & Drake Dating Again! / What It Means To Really Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.