Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. (15180 Views)

Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by abumaryam012(m): 10:08pm On May 28, 2016
A RETIRED TEACHER THAT RETURNED MONEY TO HIS STATE TREASURY.
After going through the story of a Primary School Teacher that taught for 30yrs and retired at the post of Assistant Headmaster with Gabukka Primary School in Gombe, one will be compelled to agree with the common saying that teachers' reward is in heaven".
Malam Jafaru Adamu Boderi had recently clocked 60years in his life and that also brings him to the end of his carrier as a civil servant. He finally retired in March this year. Today, Malam Jafaru received an alert of amount of over N34,400 coming into his account as his usual salary.
When he saw the amount he knew that something went wrong, so he said to himself that this cannot be his pension because it was the exact figure that he normally receive as his monthly salary. Unfortunately, he had no money nor any little amount to use for transport. He was left with the option to trek down to the bank. He withdrew the money and also trekked from the bank to the State Treasury. He tendered the money, collected his receipt and walked down home. On his way home, his cousin had to give him N50.00 for transport fare to pay for a bike. What a man!
It's my pleasure to share with you the story of this rare breed of citizens. This level of contentment is extraordinary and worth commendation.
For proof of evidence, I hereby attached a photocopy of the Gombe State Government Treasury Receipt with No. 0196241.
I WISH THE GOVERNMENT OF GOMBE STATE WILL CELEBRATE SUCH PATRIOT AND EULOGIZE HIS EXEMPLARY CHARACTER FOR PURPOSE OF PROMOTING GOOD MORAL VALUES IN PUBLIC SERVICE AND SOCIETY.

15 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by westlius(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2016
Big bros I salute U oo. But me myself and I will not return it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by veekid(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2016
what?
Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by GossipHeart(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2016
3 pieces of tomatoes is sold for 3 thousand naira.
$1 is 340 naira

You still return the money wey the government just dash you.

You need deliverance

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by seunlayi(m): 6:54am On May 29, 2016
This is good

3 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by chikel2000(m): 6:54am On May 29, 2016
Wow n who said Nigerians are not good n great people?

7 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by bastien: 6:54am On May 29, 2016
Hungry never catch u, God bless us in different way

4 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Sunnycliff(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2016
Some people still have the fear of God in them and a living conscience!

7 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by YelloweWest: 6:55am On May 29, 2016
Make that man finance minister. We can trust him with our money.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Millz404(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2016
Good man

1 Like

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by adioolayi(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2016
This is a Real Nigerian.... You will never lack! No be prayer..na fact!

33 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by nofij(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2016
The peace of mind and clean conscience honesty gives someone cannot be over emphasized.
Kudos to this rare breed. We need more of you sir.

25 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by djakinwande(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2016
Doe is conscience is clear but it doesn't stop him for goin hungry nd is not as if is goin to even make dem pay is pension fast slf... no gain no loss undecided

1 Like

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by sapientia(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2016
While i commend the man for this patriotic act and wish him the best, the State government need to step up to their act.

If they did their work and documented everything very well, this could not have happened. The person incharge should be investigated.

3 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by BadIntentionz: 6:56am On May 29, 2016
Lol

Modified

My father refused to dupe the government on a grand scale, even when all the means were at his disposal. He's gone, not celebrated, but people still refer to his honesty many many years later
Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by SOPIGO: 6:58am On May 29, 2016
Sorry to say... I will not call that integrity but mumurism

4 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Jexyme(f): 6:59am On May 29, 2016
GossipHeart:
$1 is 340 naira

You need deliverance

Some pipu wanna go to Heaven dear.

U can repent and change ur ways too.

Jesus still saves.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by iornenge81(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2016
rear Nigerian breed. salute
Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by butanep(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2016
I am a Christian and a good citizen. If I am the one, I will never return it because it wasn't stolen and didn't belong to anyone. Government money is Our money.

So why will I return my money government has been holding me for their policies causing me to spend more than I should.

I better take the money to an orphanage or give a begger than to return it. Who government help? The woman knows they will discover later that's the main reason she didn't touch the money. Let's not begin to shower praises to her. So if it's 10million, she won't touch it abi? Abeg make I hear word.

... But for A headmaster getting such meager amount, this country is really in mess. No wonder Education is still very backward in the country.

I guess someone is collecting part of the money somewhere because that money is just too small. The government is too useless to be treated right. It is an eye for an eye.

3 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Safemode(m): 7:02am On May 29, 2016
GossipHeart:
$1 is 340 naira

You need deliverance
You are the fellow that needs deliverance. If people like you get into power, you ll do worst than other corrupt leaders.
The man just did the right thing.
Fellow Nigerians, start doing what is right.
There is reward for honesty.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by kaziblake(f): 7:03am On May 29, 2016
Just like me

#Heavenatlast#
Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Sexytemi(f): 7:03am On May 29, 2016
Waooo, such a rear man, he even trekked to return the money, didn't he think of the brokeness but just the fact that the money wasn't his, may God cont to provide for him, may he never lack......i hope the state govt can look into his case n help him.

7 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Rajosh(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2016
Godliness with contentment is great gain.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by IamPatriotic(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2016
He would still have been found out if he he spent the money whenever he wants to process his gratuity, except Gombe is a state in the past. he did what civil servants do everyday in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by cole265(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2016
My jaw literally dropped to the floor!!!

...the man must be celebrated and rewarded. If na Olajumoke wey do juju now, pple go dey contribute money, house and clothes.

1 Like

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by sirfemoz(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2016
The Mallam get mind o.. God has shown and given this Mallam miracle, yet he rejected it. He doesn't know that this is a manna from above.
Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2016
It's not every day we get to see people actually stand up and do the Right Thing..

I know a lotta people will say, "Mehn! he was damn foolish... or his goodness or integrity is way too extreme".

In certain cases, yes, there are so-called acts of honesty that may be termed foolishness. e.g. releasing actual/truthful information to strangers when you have a strong hunch that they may be Assasins or worse. (now that's foolish honesty).

Another example of stupid honesty is telling robbers that they forgot to rob you of money in your bedroom drawers especially after they have taken the bag of one million they came for.... grin (YOU GET MY POINTS RIGHT). There are so many examples.

And again in certain rare cases, I have seen where someone in need got a bank alert of exactly the amount he/she needs for a project or more. Funny Miracles do happen wink

BUT, In this case, I commend the gentleman, he just did what he knew is THE RIGHT THING.

It's amazing that doing the Right thing in our world has overtime made headlines. This shows again how dark our world is... where doing the right thing is weird but doing the wrong thing is a norm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Rajosh(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2016
butanep:
I am a Christian and a good citizen. If I am the one, I will never return it because it was stolen and didn't belong to anyone. Government money is Our money.

So why will I return my money government has been holding me for their policies causing me to spend more than I should.

That's not a criteria to make heaven anyway.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

1 Like

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by Yekoyeko(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2016
GossipHeart:
$1 is 340 naira

You need deliverance
I think you need deliverance more for condemning a good gesture instead of commending. You self!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by cole265(m): 7:08am On May 29, 2016
My jaw dropped literally to the floor.

Good job. My role model

2 Likes

Re: A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. by nbright: 7:09am On May 29, 2016
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter / Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.