Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants (32383 Views)

Soldiers Storm Gboko, Benue State After Killing Of Fulani Men. Photos / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo's Death: Sympathisers Storm Tompolo's Family House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by ganisucks(f): 10:55pm On May 28, 2016
Soldiers on Saturday afternoon broke into the home of ex-militant leader, Chief Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo in a bid to arrest him after laying a siege to the building for several hours.

THE PUNCH learnt that the soldiers made their way into the building after several gunshots. The building which is said to be owned by Tompolo, also served as a guesthouse. The soldiers were also said to have broken into the community shrine (Oporoza Temple), destroying important artifacts after they failed to apprehend Tompolo, who was their prime target.

Tompolo is believed to be the chief priest of the Gbaramatu goddess. The temple is a stone throw from the invaded guest house.

Spokesman for the Ijaw Youth Council, Eric Omare, while confirming the invasion, called on the federal government to leave the people of Gbaramatu alone. Omare, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, also confirmed the arrest of the occupants, who he said were merely community youths.

A community youth leader, identified as Mr Raph, who also confirmed the incident, said women and children were fleeing the community for safety. Raph said he was calling from his hideout, where he had been since the soldiers took over the community.

As of 5:30pm, when our correspondent called back, the heavily armed soldiers were yet to leave
Oporoza, according to Raph. Several calls put across to the spokesman for the JTF, Col. Isa Ado, and his NNS Delta counterpart, Lieutenant Lamu, were not answered.
www.punchng.com/soldiers-break-tompolos-guest-house-arrest-occupants/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by DRISKLEF(m): 11:02pm On May 28, 2016
Tompolo's abode, is that where the creek's located? These guys just keeps chasing shadows all the time.

Smh...Baba wey go don find him level since grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Tolexander: 11:04pm On May 28, 2016
Spokesman for the Ijaw Youth Council, Eric Omare, while confirming the invasion, called on the federal government to leave the people of Gbaramatu alone.
Mr Eric Omare, please tell Tompolo to come out of his hiding place and present himself to the Nigerian government.

Buhari is not smiling!

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 11:04pm On May 28, 2016
But Tompolo and his boys are the aggressors.I think the soldiers should ignore these mouthpieces for those militants sabotaging Nigeria and try as much as possible to protect innocent civilians.
I blame the Nigerian security officers for treating the pre-election threats with kid gloves. Our security apparatus should stop waiting for havoc before reacting. If all those people who threatened to cause mayhem once President Jonathan loses the election had been placed on security watch, their phones taped, house and automobiles wired, at least, they will get traces. Now they are wasting our resources and perhaps lives. So so sad.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by simplycarro: 11:06pm On May 28, 2016
No rest for the wicked.
Gbaramatu people, you do anyhow, you shall definitely see anyhow. Govt no dey tire.
The ultimate is to burst into the govt house in Asaba, that deputy governor is in for it,

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by IDnoble1: 11:10pm On May 28, 2016
Tombolo ti juba eworo, Omo to ba ni Iya oun koni sun.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 11:11pm On May 28, 2016
simplycarro:
No rest for the wicked.
Gbaramatu people, you do anyhow, you shall definitely see anyhow. Govt no dey tire.
The ultimate is to burst into the govt house in Asaba, that deputy governor is in for it,
I think you strike my memory with the deputy governor angle, I know that he was put forward by Tompolo but,
Please is the deputy governor connected to it?

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by naijafella(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2016
Tolexander:
Mr Eric Omare, please tell Tompolo to come out of his hiding place and present himself to the Nigerian government.

Buhari is not smiling!

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by mofayodeyahoo: 11:13pm On May 28, 2016
Col Ado, namu all northerns speaking for JTF & NNS, in south south Nigeria, dis president is too old to understand this generation. Yar adua use major gen. Abbey?? From edo to succeed in amnesty

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by thelinguist: 11:15pm On May 28, 2016
Lolz
Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Tolexander: 11:17pm On May 28, 2016
IDnoble1:
Tombolo ti juba eworo, Omo to ba ni Iya oun koni sun.....
kii se Tombolo. Dobodobo ni Tombolo.

Tompolo ni eleyi gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by menix(m): 11:21pm On May 28, 2016
Good to be back after 3 month Ban, an awesome Holiday.

@Topic:
Those soldiers ve just bought the wrath of Arusi ndi Gbaramatu.

By The time this goddess begin to comot their name from Payroll them go begin say COAS is against them..

Only spirit can catch spirit, Nigerian Army should stop disturbing the peace of the community..

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by idupaul: 11:22pm On May 28, 2016
Businessideas:
But Tompolo and his boys are the aggressors.I think the soldiers should ignore these mouthpieces for those militants sabotaging Nigeria and try as much as possible to protect innocent civilians.
I blame the Nigerian security officers for treating the pre-election threats with kid gloves. Our security apparatus should stop waiting for havoc before reacting. If all those people who threatened to cause mayhem once President Jonathan loses the election had been placed on security watch, their phones taped, house and automobiles wired, at least, they will get traces. Now they are wasting our resources and perhaps lives. So so sad.

Sorry

14 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 11:24pm On May 28, 2016
idupaul:

Sorry
I'm sorry for the innocent people o. Not you sir

20 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by simplycarro: 11:33pm On May 28, 2016
Businessideas:

I think you strike my memory with the deputy governor angle, I know that he was put forward by Tompolo but,
Please is the deputy governor connected to it?

Of course he is neck deep in the militancy. He is a stooge of Tompolo.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 11:34pm On May 28, 2016
simplycarro:

Of course he is neck deep in the militancy. He is a stooge of Tompolo.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Blizzy9ja: 11:42pm On May 28, 2016
High chief nor dey der... Una just dey find who una go suffer

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by coolitempa1(f): 11:48pm On May 28, 2016
Yhose people are his accomplices and must be forced into giving up his hiding place....bloody coward

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Oyiboman69: 11:50pm On May 28, 2016
this bubu think say na rumor and propaganda we wan chop?,idiat undecided

22 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by ebiboy2(m): 11:52pm On May 28, 2016
its leadership by example. your president has flouted several court orders yet he wants tompolo not to.
innocent citizens will be caught in the middle of this whole drama.
Lord please help the dullard.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by zanebaddo(m): 12:32am On May 29, 2016
Businessideas:
you de smellundecided Are you from the north?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 12:58am On May 29, 2016
zanebaddo:
you de smellundecided Are you from the north?
Northerners are people created by God like you and I.I can live with your rudeness to northerners and your hate-filled tribalism.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 1:03am On May 29, 2016
ebiboy2:
its leadership by example. your president has flouted several court orders yet he wants tompolo not to.
innocent citizens will be caught in the middle of this whole drama.
Lord please help the dullard.
Even after the judge told the whole world that his judgement was not flouted, you are still peddling this falsehood because you hate the president for defeating your hero, GEJ.
I don't know how you people sleep well at night with this level of hatred for someone because he defeated your preferred candidate in an election.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by sammyj: 1:51am On May 29, 2016
I said it in my earlier post that Timpolo is behind this uproar because this is the hand of Jacob and the voice of eshua!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by asadike(f): 2:07am On May 29, 2016
They say person na chief priest of Gbaramatu kingdom abi na temple, una still dey look for am. Na him be say tompolo na okara nmuo okara nmadu - half human,half spirit. tomorrow, news will read '3 soldiers found dead behind Gbaramatu temple'.

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Ebay14(m): 2:12am On May 29, 2016
Its a pity that things are just going this way for Nigeria.. Nothing seems to b working. I guess the mistake has already been done how do we correct this

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 2:13am On May 29, 2016
asadike:
they say person na chief priest of gbaramatu kingdom abi na temple, una still.dey look.for am? na him be say tompolo na okara nmuo okara nmadu - half human,half spirit.

That was what they said of Lawrence Anini and Monday Osunbor until Paddy Osayande arrested and got them hung.
Just get your popcorn and watch.I wish Tompolo had listened to wise counsel,at least return the NIMASA money. His enemies are now rejoicing.

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Gr8tasign: 2:20am On May 29, 2016
Desperate buhari and his men wasting their time

The truth is that nigerians are tired of nigeria

20 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 2:24am On May 29, 2016
Ebay14:
Its a pity that things are just going this way for Nigeria.. Nothing seems to b working. I guess the mistake has already been done how do we correct this
Nothing is going wrong. It is the fight between darkness and light. And light will overcome darkness. Buhari will defeat all his enemies and enemies of Nigeria.
Those forces of darkness are those people who don't want Buhari to succeed because he defeated their hero, Jonathan .
Imagine these guys blew up pipelines to frustrate the refineries immediately the refineries were up and running forcing the government to lose all monies spent on the refineries. The next was to blow up all the gas pipelines to keep the industries and households in darkness, the next thing is to start blowing up all the export pipelines to cripple the economy under Buhari and if not the Yoruba OPC threatened them, they were to start bombing Yorubaland and Abuja. Yet the few guys doing these are not ghosts and you want the government to keep looking like mumu?
Their agenda is to frustrate Buhari government because he defeated Jonathan and set a tone to make Nigerians turn their back on Buhari and make him appear as a weak Leader before 2019 election.
Gen Aziza has said it "PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is pdp ".this is the same formula being used by the pdp and it's sympathizers, from Kanu Nnamdi, Tompolo ,Asari etc

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by Businessideas: 2:32am On May 29, 2016
Gr8tasign:
Desperate buhari and his men wasting their time

The truth is that nigerians are tired of nigeria
Which Nigerians?? Keep deceiving yourself. If election is done between Buhari and your Jonathan today, Buhari will still defeat him hands down.The only difference is that Nigerians and Emefiele won't open the CBN vault.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Storm Tompolo’s Guest House, Arrest Occupants by hesiod: 3:15am On May 29, 2016
menix:
Good to be back after 3 month Ban, an awesome Holiday.

@Topic:
Those soldiers ve just bought the wrath of Arusi ndi Gbaramatu.

By The time this goddess begin to comot their name from Payroll them go begin say COAS is against them..

Only spirit can catch spirit, Nigerian Army should stop disturbing the peace of the community..

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel / Anambra Election: Top 3 Front Liners For APC Victory / Unknown Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Station, Shoot Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.