Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement (38300 Views)

Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Yobo Testimonial Match : Osita Iheme (paw Paw) Scores - Video / Ifeanyi Ubah, Eto, David Moyes Others Arrive Port Harcourt For Yobo Testimonial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by iamVirus(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2016

At the height of his prowess, Bolton Wanderers fans used to sing that Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha was so good they named him twice.
More than a decade after he last played for the Super Eagles, Nigeria fans want the former midfielder recalled from retirement after he dazzled at Friday’s testimonial for Joseph Yobo in Port Harcourt.
Even Cameroonian super star Samuel Eto’o was intimidated by his array of skills that he asked for the Nigeria legend to be substituted before half time.
Okocha set up two goals for Team Nigeria with some piercing passes from midfield which left everyone stunned by his vision. His feints and turns left opponents lost as he took viewers down memory lane.
Fans took to social media in appreciation of his vintage skills which looked as fresh as it was in youth despite not having played professional football for more than a decade.
If the wish of Nigeria fans comes true, Okocha might be lacing his boots once again for the Super Eagles who have failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations on two consecutive editions.
He won’t be the only legend coming out of retirement though as Brazilian legend Pele has also said he would be warming up to play at the Olympics in August.
Who knows, Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia might have found the magic player for his final over-23 slot for the summer.

Read Some Tweets Below:

Bimbo omo Adeola @bimbolovesmusic
Austin Okocha is no doubt Nigeria's most gifted player of all time.
6:54 PM - 27 May 2016 · Ikeja, Nigeria, Nigeria
16 16 Retweets
7 7 likes
Follow

Godwin Enakhena @genakhena
Baba God, please, forgive us our sins and bless Nigeria with another JJ Okocha...Watching the Yobo Testimonial on...
6:33 PM - 27 May 2016
97 97 Retweets
39 39 likes
Follow

Rob Delport @FMSouthAfrica
Jay Jay Okocha still a joy to watch... #YoboTestimonial
6:26 PM - 27 May 2016 · Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa
5 5 Retweets
2 2 likes
Follow

Lolade Adewuyi
✔ @Jololade
Someone just said we should recall Jay Jay from retirement. He's that good. #YoboTestimonial
6:21 PM - 27 May 2016 · Nigeria, Nigeria
26 26 Retweets
10 10 likes
Follow

Deji Kofi Faremi
✔ @deejayfaremi
Legends having fun.
Eto'o has just signalled to the referee that Okocha be replaced. He won't play against him anymore.
6:18 PM - 27 May 2016
9 9 Retweets
2 2 likes

[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/PhotoGrid_1464507131734.jpg[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083602.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083319.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083654.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083636.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083621.JPG[/img]

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/okocha-steals-etos-testimonial-match-fan.xhtml

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by iamVirus(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2016
SEE MORE FANS' REACTIONS HERE OVER HIS TESTIMONIAL MATCH----> http://www.timenaija.com/okocha-steals-etos-testimonial-match-fan.xhtml

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Akposkool(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2016
Jay Jay of life. We could have gone to the nation's cup if he still played.
Please join me celebrate am a year older today. Show a brother some love with your likes

227 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by PissedOffWeed(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2016
grin Nigga still dribbles well despite his Ji mmanu legs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by cruzita(f): 11:02am On May 29, 2016
its in him

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by White007(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2016
Okocha is a legend.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by ebig21(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2016
The guy was good

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by tundeonline: 11:14am On May 29, 2016
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by looseweight: 11:14am On May 29, 2016
I suggest his inclusion in U23 Olympic Team.

Its been a while here. Trying to reload and relaunch. Watch out for looseweight reloaded...
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by tundeonline: 11:15am On May 29, 2016
Okocha Naija 001
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by ASDFBOY: 11:16am On May 29, 2016
abeg. stop repeating trends. we dont have to see update everytime. biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Baalelikeoba: 11:16am On May 29, 2016
Can someone just post for us a clip ... I missed it ?

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Godswillnwaoma(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2016
Okocha is better than Ronaldinho, messi, c Ronaldo combined. I wonder why he retired so earlier.

7 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Destined2win: 11:17am On May 29, 2016
The most underestimated and most unrewarded player

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by kirchofff(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2016
The boy is good

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2016
One thing that doesn't leave a good footballer is his technicality. But technicality without good physicality is next to useless. Dat was the case of okocha. As he got older his physicality let him down. He was getting tired quickly. I can remember during his spell at hull city he was gasping for air 15mins into a match. He had no choice Dan to retire. His body couldn't take the physical side of d game anymore. He still remains my football idol. I won't forget dat Bolton vs arsenal match wen he was "heighting" arsenal players anyhow grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by lastpage: 11:19am On May 29, 2016
"Abinibi".... is different from "ability"!

GIFT ... is different from Ability!

Ability is what you learn.

GIFT is innate and inborn........ it will be with you till you die.

Okocha is a GIFTED Legend!

Lastpage!

#I just pity Yobo. grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by grin88(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2016
Da midfield maestro, hes,s a magician, i dof ma hat #respect oh lord give us anoda jayjay

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Goodeeman: 11:20am On May 29, 2016
I so much missed Austine Jay Jay Okocha, he is a legend indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by goodvision12(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2016
Pls is he coming back to the national team? Because for me that would be a good development.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Analorgue(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2016
perhaps it was only I who noticed. dude didn't repeat a trick twice. every touch = new trick..

7 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by noordean(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2016
kirchofff:
The boy is good
boy?

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Olutola88(m): 11:28am On May 29, 2016
OKOCHA is good but overhyped.

It's easier to play very well when playing for fun. Okocha was never a serious player and couldn't deliver when the stages were hot. Maybe I shud say he was laid-back, visionless or not a go getter.

Look at what Yahaya Toure a less talented footballer achieved with focus, vision, diligence and enthusiasm.

My adorable Mikel's story is similar, very talented but Lazy. Gifted but contended with mediocrity.

If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by AustinStevens: 11:32am On May 29, 2016
My people wil say that "agadi nwanyi adighi akanka na-egwu omara agba"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by harsysky(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2016
Olutola88:
OKOCHA is good but overhyped.

It's easier to play very well when playing for fun. Okocha was never a serious player and couldn't deliver when the stages were hot. Maybe I shud say he was laid-back, visionless or not a go getter.

Look at what Yahaya Toure a less talented footballer achieved with focus, vision, diligence and enthusiasm.

My adorable Mikel's story is similar, very talented but Lazy. Gifted but contended with mediocrity.

People will attack you for this but I believe you. You are so so on point. Whether you are born with it o or you trained and got it, all that matters is Focus, Vision, Diligence and Enthusiasm . 100000 likes for you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Nobody: 11:33am On May 29, 2016
Football clubs need to sponsor research on anti-ageing drugs. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by valdes00(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2016
Yobo be like

5 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Adonis3: 11:36am On May 29, 2016
he should better remain in retirement

as the saying goes, "leave when the ovation is loudest"

it's good he left when the hype was still there and hot so he'll remain in our hearts as a legend

because trust people, if him kon do mistake Bleep up

na dem go still crucify am

#Adonis3HasSpoken

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Nobody: 11:38am On May 29, 2016
lastpage:
"Abinibi".... is different from "ability"!

GIFT ... is different from Ability!

Ability is what you learn.

GIFT is innate and inborn........ it will be with you till you die.

Okocha is a GIFTED Legend!

Lastpage!

#I just pity Yobo. grin grin grin

Messi is gifted, C.Ronaldo learnt to play better

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by onatisi(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2016
goodvision12:
Pls is he coming back to the national team? Because for me that would be a good development.
you want him to come back to the super eagles so that you can disgrace him ,abi
He wont last 45mins in a serious match before Nigerians start insulting and abusing him

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

England Vs Nigeria Friendly: Pre-Match Lunch At Royal Box Wembley Suite / Mikel Obi, Super Eagles Team Arrive Russia Ahead Of Match Against Argentina.PICS / Gernot Rohr Demotes Goalkeeper Uzoho & Others To U-23 Team (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.