Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. (12576 Views)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 8:48am On May 29, 2016
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by fbtowner(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2016
following religion there are so many mysteries one can't just understand

I think the ways of God is not understandable by man

I will continue to say it's only a man that can't handle his freedom that needs religion

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 8:56am On May 29, 2016
[b][/b wat can i say
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2016
It is an imbecili_c idea punishing someone for the fault of another but sadly this ridiculous idea is being applauded by billions who see themselves as unworthy and broken because a book told them a God is still blaming them for the sins of their alleged ancestors Adam and eve

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 9:08am On May 29, 2016
Timothychima:
[b][/b wat can i say
say something meaningfui

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Danielomisco(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2016
Love this post! I so much detest this rule too,why lord??

6 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by austin2all: 10:28am On May 29, 2016
THIS AND MANY MORE ARE THE REASONS GOD DOESNT EXIST.
AND SOMEONE WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODS TO PREACH THAT THE WAYS OF GOD ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAYS OF MAN.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by raypepe(f): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
I am a strong believer of pre-determinism. Most of the things we are going through were determined by those before us

6 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by NotNairalandi(m): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
See as this guy de shout at us as if na we write the law... grin

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by lyterydim(m): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
Am a chronic believer of ...kama...apart from religious nature has away of revisiting the atrocities of the father to the unborn .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by worksmart(m): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
mods why front page for this thread?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Exponental(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
I think it is for caution sake.... repentance and redemption will save such children.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
Honestly, I think visiting the sins of father on his child is not cool.
Why suffer for someone else's sin?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by bettercreature(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
raypepe:
I am a strong believer of pre-determinism. Most of the things we are going through were determined by those before us
It's very serious then
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by princeakins(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
All you have to do is pray against such. God is merciful.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by CXLVII: 12:18pm On May 29, 2016
The book was a scam in the first place.

You re to believe at your own peril

5 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by itzMizELo(f): 12:19pm On May 29, 2016
nice
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by kirchofff(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2016
Hmmm, but, do u also know that if one's dad doesn't hustle hard or is poor can make d generation next 2 generation poor too It's kinda true tho........one's ancestor's single act can ruin d next 4 generations

9 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Exponental(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2016
NotNairalandi:
G
lyterydim:
T
worksmart:
k
GTK.... Good To Know you space bookers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by smartoliver(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2016
Hmm..what can I say?.I'm a believer but this is very interesting
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Yinkatolu: 12:23pm On May 29, 2016
pls read Ezekiel 18: 2 ; 20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. Ezekiel 18:20

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Integrityfarms(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
If only the children tow the paths of the Father in living a sinful life. Else na lie

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Read more
Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, 18:6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman, 18:7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment; 18:8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man, 18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD. 18:10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things, 18:11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife, 18:12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination, 18:13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him. 18:14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like, 18:15 That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife, 18:16 Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment, 18:17 That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live. 18:18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity. 18:19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by donem: 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
Very nonsensical I must confess, the soul that sinneth must die alone.

I can't be made/held to pay for a crime I know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
raypepe:

is it actually logical '? What are the reasons behind this your belief ? Why do you believe in pre determinism...

I want to learn
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 29, 2016
kirchofff:
Hmmm, but, do u also know that if one's dad doesn't hustle hard or is poor can make d generation next 2 generation poor too It's kinda true tho........one's ancestor's single act can ruin d next 4 generations

i strongly disagree sir... A man can be born poor, it is not his fault but if he dies poor, it is his own doing oo brother..

2 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Billiondoe: 12:29pm On May 29, 2016
No sinner would go unpunished. When a father commits murder and dies without punishment here on earth, do you think the family of the deceased won't curse him and his family. By committing murder, that's a curse already from God. God said he would bestow the Sins of a father on Children from the First Generation to the Fifth. My father taught me to ask for the forgiveness of sins our parents and fore fathers could have committed so that God would not take it out on us and vice versa.

Let's take our time to read the Book of Jobs in the Old Testament. Job always made atonement for the sins of his household with sin or without sin. Also the books of Kings is a good pointer. Whenever a new King in Israel decides to go astray and not worship the God of his fathers, The Holy One of Israel, King of Kingd and Lord of Lords, the city is attacked, plundered, ravaged, destroyed and the inhabitants are taken captives until they turn back to the true God who delivered them from the hands of Pharaoh in Egypt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by niggaz4life: 12:29pm On May 29, 2016
cuz the great great grandchildren in the third or fourth generation is the father in the reincarnation
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 29, 2016
lyterydim:
Am a chronic believer of ...kama...apart from religious nature has away of revisiting the atrocities of the father to the unborn .......

why ... I ask
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Adesam09(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2016
hmmm...
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 29, 2016
op spot on...this your post is the major reason naija has been retrogressing

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Those Who Have No Knowledge Of The Gospel ? / Youtube Spiritual Teaching--herbs & Mystics (solutions To Life Issues) / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.