Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) (12317 Views)

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best / PC Gaming For Beginners / I Just Can't Go Back To The Beginning After Gaming For A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
RX480:

that'll be someone like AKBliv010 lol

Lol!

Ha ah! What is all dis grin

Are you guys building the rig for the thrill of having a monster PC. Or for the sole purpose of playing game?

Who are we deceiving?
You are more engrossed with your hardware than gaming.

I have a console! I play games made for it. If Sony advances to neo, I simply have to move on with the times and upgrade.
I'm not bothered about no cooling systems or my GTX warming the room upto 93 degrees of scorching heat, or hooking it up from 1080 HD to 4k televisioning. Or few ppl turning up to play games online.

To me the console is any machine that I play my games with.

Not a Caterpillar-like robotic heavy duty machinery that I have to always clean the vent, oil the joints and sh1t.

What is a PC really
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Lol!

Are you guys building the rig for the thrill of having a monster PC. Or for the sole purpose of playing game?

Who are we deceiving?

I have a console! I play games made for it. If Sony advances to neo, I simply have to move on with the times and upgrade.
I'm not bothered about no cooling systems or my GTX warming the room upto 93 degrees of scorching heat, or hooking it up from 1080 HD to 4k televisioning. Or few ppl turning up to play games online.

Not a Caterpillar-like robotic heavy duty machinery that I have to always clean the vent, oil the joints and sh1t.

What is a PC really

PC enthusiasts enjoy both...it's exciting. Sometimes you want to play games, other times one wants to re-configure the system...make things more efficient, perhaps give it the wow factor with some LED light strips. Be creative...make modifications not done by the manufacturers. Enthusiasts are naturally problem-solvers by nature..pushing hardware to the limit...we are a different kind of people and life is such...you either love it or hate it.

You clearly don't have the same passion I have for hardware and that's fine...trust me when you play on a proper gaming PC with say a Freesync/G-sync gaming monitor with very little input lag, your console will take the back seat. My partner has a PS4 and I only play games on it that hit 60FPS anything below feels laggy and stuttery...and your eyes can sense the judder when you spin the camera.

Dust buildup can damage your console so cleaning is a must !

A console does what it says on the tin, play games that are fully optimised for it...PC gamers usually want to do more with their PC like share gameplay on live streams, create media or perhaps do something productive or work related whilst having that flexibility to game. Enthusiast want to do all of it and see the limit of that hardware.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by RX480(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Lol!

Who are we deceiving?

What is a PC really

ENTHUSIASTS are more engrossed with their hardware than their gaming, I'm not an enthusiast, I'm a gamer and I'll upgrade my PC when I can't play my games at 1080p 30 FPS lowest settings and I'm not tied to any greedy company like Sony or Microsoft (Linux exists), I'm on an platform with choice and open standards, I'm not worried about cooling because all my parts come with coolers and the hottest running modern GPU peaks at 80° (not even close enough to increase the temps of a small room by 2°). online gaming is free on PC and is one of the strongest points of PC gaming, servers are well populated for a lot of older games(if you don't believe me, check steamstats). a PC doesn't need oil (not sure where you got that from) and heatsinks to only need to be cleaned once every year or two.

if you know nothing about a subject, don't say anything at all.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

PC enthusiasts enjoy both...it's exciting. Sometimes you want to play games, other times one wants to re-configure the system...make things more efficient, perhaps give it the wow factor with some LED light strips. Be creative using a drill or dremmel...make modifications not done by the manufacturers. Enthusiasts are naturally problem-solvers by nature..pushing hardware to the limit...we are a different kind of people and life is such...you either love it or hate it.
You clearly don't have the same passion I have for hardware and that's fine...trust me when you play on a proper gaming PC with say a Freesync/G-sync gaming monitor with very little input lag, your console will take the back seat. My partner has a PS4 and I only play games on it that hit 60FPS anything below feels laggy and stuttery...and your eyes can sense the judder when you spin the camera.
Dust buildup can damage your console so cleaning is a must !
A console does what it says on the tin, play games that are fully optimised for it...PC gamers usually want to do more with their PC like share gameplay on live streams, create media or perhaps do something productive or work related whilst having that flexibility to game. Enthusiast want to do all of it and see the limit of that hardware.
Wow! shocked

I was wrong! You guyz are not insane, you are all nuts.

It's a Game, for peace sakes. If my game FPS are too slow for future generations, that shouldn't be my headache, as long as I get to play whatever game that's available. As long as I still get to escape reality into a virtual world where anything is possible and dream and get them dopamine receptors sensitized again, you think I care about a lag? thats the console developer's headache oh!

When the time is right and the developer decides that we (console)gamers need to get our cataracts checked and evolve to much faster systems, then yeah.

Why should I be drinking panadol over some other dudes business. When I'm clearly, just in it for the playing.

You own a gaming station be it PC game or console game for the primary function of gaming. Anything other than that is irrelevant. So you can stick your view that you multitask ur PC into browsing p0rno movies up ur butt. Lol! Cos I sure as hell don't intend to make my ps4 skype my old granny down in seychelles.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
RX480:

ENTHUSIASTS are more engrossed with their hardware than their gaming, I'm not an enthusiast, I'm a gamer and I'll upgrade my PC when I can't play my games at 1080p 30 FPS lowest settings and I'm not tied to any greedy company like Sony or Microsoft (Linux exists), I'm on an platform with choice and open standards, I'm not worried about cooling because all my parts come with coolers and the hottest running modern GPU peaks at 80° (not even close enough to increase the temps of a small room by 2°). online gaming is free on PC and is one of the strongest points of PC gaming, servers are well populated for a lot of older games(if you don't believe me, check steamstats). a PC doesn't need oil (not sure where you got that from) and heatsinks to only need to be cleaned once every year or two.

undecided

But you haven't said anything! Other than re-iterate and buttress my point that being a PC gamer is equivalent to being a factionless dolt.

Other than being a PC gamer is just trouble. Where in nigeria are your rig parts readily available?

Other than exonerate yourself from the core PC gamers, claiming to be half-blind and wiser, as you belong to the group that only upgrades when it's necessary.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Wow! shocked

I was wrong! You guyz are not insane, you are all nuts.

It's a Game, for peace sakes. If my game FPS are too slow for future generations, that shouldn't be my headache, as long as I get to play whatever game that's available. As long as I still get to escape reality into a virtual world where anything is possible and dream and get them dopamine receptors sensitized again, you think I care about a lag? thats the console developer's headache oh!

When the time is right and the developer decides that we (console)gamers need to get our cataracts checked and evolve to much faster systems, then yeah.

Why should I be drinking panadol over some other dudes business. When I'm clearly, just in it for the playing.

You own a gaming station be it PC game or console game for the primary function of gaming. Anything other than that is irrelevant. So you can stick your view that you multitask ur PC into browsing p0rno movies up ur butt. Lol! Cos I sure as hell don't intend to make my ps4 skype my old granny down in seychelles.

Yea we are nuts about hardware...tell me something I don't know already bro. You're trying too hard to sound intelligent.

I make money off the knowlegde I have about hardware to pay some bills and fuel my passion for PC hardware.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

Yea we are nuts about hardware...tell me something I don't know already bro. You trying to hard to sound intelligent.

What does that even mean? undecided

We are having a conversation on why you should dump your PC for a console.

Surely our argument Is within the context of the topic. grin
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

What does that even mean? undecided

We are having a conversation on why you should dump your PC for a console.

Surely our argument Is within the context of the topic. grin

Seems like you are choking! Running out of steam?

Ultimately, there are factors that drive ones decision to go for a console or PC for gaming.

The title should read why I had to dump my underperforming PC for console gaming because I couldn't upgrade it due to lack of hardware or funds. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

Yea we are nuts about hardware...tell me something I don't know already bro. You're trying too hard to sound intelligent.

I make money off the knowlegde I have about hardware to pay some bills and fuel my passion for PC hardware.

Don't know how that Is relevant to our discussion, but yes, our world now knows you are a successful person. And it is a good thing. Keep it up
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Don't know how that Is relevant to our discussion, but yes, our world now knows you are a successful person. And it is a good thing. Keep it up
Thank you even though I sense a hint of sarcasm. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

Seems like you are choking! Running out of steam?

Ultimately, there are factors that drive ones decision to go for a console or PC for gaming.

The title should read why I had to dump my underperforming PC for console gaming because I couldn't upgrade it due to lack of hardware or funds. Lol
Ild second that if you would agree that he also probably switched ships because of pc's convolution and the stress that accompanies owning and maintaining one
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

Thank you even though I sense a hint of sarcasm. grin

While yes! Too much bloodborne would do that to you.

Oh that's right, you have no idea on what I'm on about as you've never played the ps4 exclusive.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Ild second that if you would agree that he also probably switched ships because of pc's convolution and the stress that accompanies owning and maintaining one
Stress is subjective pal.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:

While yes! Too much bloodborne would do that to you.

Oh that's right, you have no idea on what I'm on about as you've never played the ps4 exclusive.

OMG! Didn't know that. I'll have to buy a PS4 soon just to play an exclusive.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by RX480(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
undecided

But you haven't said anything! Other than re-iterate and buttress my point that being a PC gamer is equivalent to being a factionless dolt.

Other than being a PC gamer is just trouble. Where in nigeria are your rig parts readily available?

Other than exonerate yourself from the core PC gamers, claiming to be half-blind and wiser, as you belong to the group that only upgrades when it's necessary.

someone who doesn't want to be tied down to a single greedy corporation or just wants a better gaming experience is a "factionless dolt", you must take the console wars way too seriously.

PC parts are extremely hard to find in Nigeria, http://collinsvgames.com.ng/components

if you don't like the bloated prices, Amazon offers free shipping to Nigeria on a lot of PC parts, one can get a 750Ti for $95

and again, the PC platform is about choice, If someone upgrades their graphics card yearly, it doesn't affect me in any way, it's their money, let them waste it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

OMG! Didn't know that. I'll have to buy a PS4 soon just to play an exclusive.

grin sarcasm aside!

You are being a douchè, there is nothing wrong with owning a ps4 to play bloodborne, infamous second son, TLOU, Uncharted, and other ps4 exclusives just to feel the thrill of playing the all time greats. While owning a PC on the sides
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

Stress is subjective pal.

grin last I checked owning a console or PC is not compulsory, it is personal as it is subjective.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
grin sarcasm aside!

You are being a douchè, there is nothing wrong with owning a ps4 to play bloodborne, infamous second son, TLOU, Uncharted, and other ps4 exclusives just to feel the thrill of playing the all time greats. While owning a PC on the sides

ohh! I touched a nerve did I? Hiding behind the internet gives you the courage to be abusive..interesting you can't swallow the pill you've been trying to dish out all evening.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

ohh! I touched a nerve did I? Hiding behind the internet gives you the courage to be abusive..interesting you can't swallow the pill you've been trying to dish out all evening.

grin I intend to buy a gaming laptop!

A high end one!

Shey you go buy ps4 ni?
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by JIMMY1393: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2016
RX480:

with the release of the RX 470 a good gaming pc that'll max out everything at 1080P 50+ FPS will cost you around $500-$550 (i3 6100/8GB DDR4/H110 MB/W1 500)... even better
50fps is not the max fps undecided
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by RX480(m): 1:10am On Aug 14, 2016
JIMMY1393:

50fps is not the max fps undecided

I know, hence the "+" signifies the minimum FPS you'll get at ultra settings on the most demanding titles
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 1:38am On Aug 14, 2016
Silkmoth33:

grin I intend to buy a gaming laptop!

A high end one!

Shey you go buy ps4 ni?

Youll be the one selling your kidneys not me hahha!

Get this one - http://www.wellindal.co.uk/home/asus/p-120015?r=4712900261165&gclid=CjwKEAjwiru9BRDwyKmR08L3iS0SJABN8T4vdi-A1YwXHNDAe6hk9JufrAJTziJ6j6YUkCGm2sXXmxoCaBfw_wcB
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by edemhe: 4:54am On Aug 14, 2016
RX480:

I swapped out of pc gaming because i couldn't afford to keep updating my pc to keep up with new titles.

I have been using the same console now (Xbox) for the past 11years and haven't had to upgrade it once.

Games are built for consoles while PCs are built for games. That is facy
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by RX480(m): 5:12am On Aug 14, 2016
edemhe:

I swapped out of pc gaming because i couldn't afford to keep updating my pc to keep up with new titles.

I have been using the same console now (Xbox) for the past 11years and haven't had to upgrade it once.

HD 6870 is 6 years old now, phenom ii X6s are almost 9 years old and a 750Ti which is capable of running all current titles is $95, if you had to upgrade your PC constantly to keep up with newer titles then you were doing something wrong.

that Xbox is outdated and I can say the same for my PS2 which I've used for 10 years, it runs games from it's time and when you upgrade to the new Xbox, you'll have to buy all the games you own over again.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by 3KINGZ18: 5:22am On Aug 14, 2016
AKBliv010:

are u guys really happy with d upgrading of hardware almost anytime a new game is out as silkmoth said why should he take panadol for another person datz what y'all(pc gamers) are doing check it out sony are planning on releasing an upgraded ps4 which will support 4k so guys there won't be much difference btw a console and a pc
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2016
3KINGZ18:
are u guys really happy with d upgrading of hardware almost anytime a new game is out as silkmoth said why should he take panadol for another person datz what y'all(pc gamers) are doing check it out sony are planning on releasing an upgraded ps4 which will support 4k so guys there won't be much difference btw a console and a pc
Some pc gamers upgrade when new hardware is made not when new games are released . They've got the money to spend, its theirs.

Support for 4K is having HDMI 2.0 to enable the throughput required for 4k resolutions, refresh rates and adding HEVC support to decode 4k content ..it's only a statement they've made. only the game developers can say whether it will run games at 4K. There's a huge difference between supporting 4k resolutions and gaming at 4k.

The hardware in the new consoles are made by AMD and have the same architecture as APU'S when you get the chance research on AMD APU 's to see what kind of performance they have. Although they'll be using the new Polaris architecture from AMD i think it'll be tough to extract that kind of performance from it and have an enjoyable gaming experience gaming at 4K. The new hardware however will now allow game developers to consistently run games at 1080p 60hz on all new games. (only a handful do now others run at 720p or 900p rendering resolution )

If the new consoles have hardware equivalent to a desktop pc to game at 4k resolution, it won't be affordable.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2016
edemhe:

upgrading to keep up with new titles doesn't sound right to me, clearly anyone doing that is wasting money.the resources required to run games developed within the same period doesnt change significantly to justify upgrading the hardware.

There-in lies the beauty of pc gaming, when your system starts to struggle, you can sell the old hardware and replace it something capable not necessarily the latest.

I know someone on nairaland who still has a first generation intel core processor that was launched in 2009 and games on it.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2016
AKBliv010:

Youll be the one selling your kidneys not me hahha!

Get this one - http://www.wellindal.co.uk/home/asus/p-120015?r=4712900261165&gclid=CjwKEAjwiru9BRDwyKmR08L3iS0SJABN8T4vdi-A1YwXHNDAe6hk9JufrAJTziJ6j6YUkCGm2sXXmxoCaBfw_wcB

Oya come gimmie the 1.6 milla first.

The features are maddening tho.

But the follow-come GTX is low na "980". Whe some PCS like Area 50 dey rock titan x.

The Asus Portatil Gx700Vo-Gc009 sha try!
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by AKBliv010(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Oya come gimmie the 1.6 milla first.

The features are maddening tho.

But the follow-come GTX is low na "980". Whe some PCS like Area 50 dey rock titan x.

The Asus Portatil Gx700Vo-Gc009 sha try!

This - https://us.msi.com/product/vortex/Vortex-G65-GTX-980-SLI.html#hero-overview
puts the alienware to shame though.

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Guy! From what I was seeing, you must really be joking!

The area 51 and this thing no be mates.

The 18inch alienware laptop sef go dust this cylindric dustbin.

undecided
What else do you have? And ho much is the vortex cpu?
AKBliv010:

This - https://us.msi.com/product/vortex/Vortex-G65-GTX-980-SLI.html#hero-overview
puts the alienware to shame though.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Successobed(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Men you are 100% on point in all your have said,
I got my HP laptop London used, Corei5, a 4gig ram very good graphics card, wonderful processors for about 70k
And I had a lot of games in it, starting from call of duty Modern Warfare 1,2,3...PES 2016, NFS, Hit Man, Assassins creed and so on the experience was great but when I moved to the US two months ago so I gave the laptop to my younger brothers because they really really begged me to...... So getting here I need to game so badly been low on fund because I just moved with no job yet I got a PS3 for just 99 dollars, (not up to 20k)... and now I have played all those games I have in laptops and even more, and I tell you it's much more better and stress-free, just insert the disc and play that's all
I remember even getting battlefield 4 for my laptop but wouldn't even install because the specs couldn't play the game that really sucks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead / Game Swap Nigeria / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.