Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) (27843 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / How To Spot A Fake Phone (clone) Of Various Popular Brands - Deschyko / How To Repair A Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card (memory Card) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Opistorincos(m): 5:28pm On May 29, 2016
SanDisk Micro SD cards has been around in the mobile spare part market for as far back as two decades and this was due to the originality of their products and its durability. Unfortunately, this particular memory card is the most pirated Micro SD in Nigeria(I trust my Aba Boys) thereby making it hard to get an original SanDisk Micro SD card in most Nigerian smartphone hub because the market has been flooded with the pirated copies. Most Nigerians do not have beforehand knowledge about these things before rushing to computer village to get a memory card for their newly bought phones,mp3 player, card reader e.t.c. Simply because brothers watch out for each other,I am going to highlight how you can easily spot a fake memory card whenever you have the need for one;

*Container/ SD Card label

If the information on the memory card pack is not the same with whats on the memory card itself, simply ask for another one with matching information e.g. if SDXC is boldly printed on the memory card pack and the maker of the memory card itself i.e. the label on the memory card is MicroSDHC, kindly move to the next and to the next until you find one that is original.

*Unboxing

When you remove the pack to get the main thing i,e the memory card, an original SanDisk SD Card is protected by a fine cut white paper while the other one does not have any form of protection whatsoever.

*Card Reader

One of my close pals bought a memory card the other day and guess what? The instructions on the memory card reader was written in Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba and the worst part is the fact that the SD Card did not last up to a week before it started misbehaving. What I am saying in essence is, if you notice this kind on inscription on the card readerof the memory card you wanna buy, kindly move to another shop.

*SD Card(rear view)

The front side of an original SanDisk memory card has its serial number written with faded brown and China is boldly wriiten as the manufacturing company. This can be easily confirmed by taking the memory card under a bright light in order to see the almost faded inscriptions.

I hope the next time you are in need of a memory card for any of your gadgets you will put the above points into consideration in order not to fall for the cheap scam of some jobless Nigerians. Kindly like our Facebook and Twitter page for more updates.

http://www.roidsmile.com/2016/05/how-to-spot-fake-sd-card-memory-card.html

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Donkaz(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2016
Backing your points up with pictures would have made your post more comprehensive, especially the last point.

47 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Opistorincos(m): 8:43pm On May 29, 2016
Donkaz:
Backing your points up with pictures would have made your post more comprehensive, especially the last point.

I would have loved to but I am currently in a glorious secondary school called bowen university, once I am through with my exams, I will surely modify my post

6 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by saxby(f): 8:47pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks for your info.

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by sammyclassics(m): 9:20pm On May 29, 2016
nice one because most people don't bother to check

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Donkaz(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2016
Opistorincos:

I would have loved to but I am currently in a glorious secondary school called bowen university, once I am through with my exams, I will surely modify my post
nice post by the way

3 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by potolistic(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2016
Watof the one wey follow tecno and infinix cum....
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by potolistic(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2016
Watof the one wey follow tecno and infinix cum.... cheesy
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks alot I learned alot from this, I've bought a memory card that doesn't last 24hrs before at computer village, i know I won't fall for it again
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Youngpo413: 10:28pm On May 29, 2016
This too shall pass
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Opistorincos(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2016
Donkaz:
nice post by the way

thanks bro
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Opistorincos(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2016
potolistic:

those ones are original
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by uniquerotex: 10:48pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks for the enlightenment..
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Daniel2802(m): 12:09am On May 30, 2016
That's right and some custom ROMs damage sdcards so you might blame the marketer while the fault is from you. Also my stock GTS5282 ROM spoilt three original sdcards I bought. Good sdcard brands I know are Iconix, Eagle, Kingston and SanDisk too but orignal SanDisk is hard to come by.
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by milky3(f): 3:52am On May 30, 2016
I would have love to see how d original SDcard look like cos buying fake card could be so frustrating
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Chizip(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2016
potolistic:
come nt cum..... Pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by elvision1(m): 1:40pm On May 30, 2016
This check only works with SanDisk i guess. Them other brands are different in labels like ADVANCE.
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by beinstein(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2016
Chizip:
come nt cum..... Pls
"Not" not "nt". Also, please not pls. grin. grin

21 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Opistorincos(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2016
beinstein:

make i spread mat dey look both of una

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Chizip(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2016
beinstein:

yeah nt is the abv of not, cum means someone want to ejaculate
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by beinstein(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2016
Chizip:
yeah nt is the abv of not, cum means someone want to ejaculate
By "abv" you mean abbreviation?
grin
I perfectly understand your point. Personally, i don't like abbreviations when typing, but the guy you quoted do, just like most peeps nowadays. I read it and strictly mind my business as they can't do without it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Chizip(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2016
beinstein:

By "abv" you mean abbreviation?
grin
I perfectly understand your point. Personally, i don't like abbreviations when typing, but the guy you quoted do, just like most peeps nowadays. I read it and strictly mind my business as they can't do without it.
nice one bro sorry brother i respect your post
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by dkronicle(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2016
D two main memory card I know now is just active and eagle. Advance is supposed to be among but d pirated version is much now
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by CzarRex: 6:56am On May 31, 2016
checkout eagle memory card,they also make sense and are durable,been using my 32gb for almost 4 months,no glitches

the last memory card I used ironically was sandisk and was actually giving me problems.

and peeps b4 buying SD cards,first of all make sure u have SD card insight in ur phone,it will tell u the date of production, original size of the memory card,the manufacturer,serial no etc.but a fake one won't display anything.

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Exponental(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2016
OK....
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Nobody: 6:57am On May 31, 2016
check my signature
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by Nobody: 7:02am On May 31, 2016
Mine is obviously genuine.. Been using it for the past two years without any hitch tongue
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by obaival(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2016
Y spoiling my biznez embarassed cry
Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by ZoggingMaster: 7:07am On May 31, 2016
Now I see why your points were so shallow. You have to be in Lagos and possibly a merchant in Computer Village to be able to make sound comparisons between fake and original memory cards. Any stupid manufacturer of fake cards can easily bypass all your points yet his cards are fake
Opistorincos:

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by powerfulsettingz: 7:08am On May 31, 2016
I bought a mcard of 2G and met 8gig space on it, and was very happy untill i received 27 pictures and told me space full

3 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) by joey150(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2016
When you want to buy 32gb for 1k..and think you are smart..

I dont buy fake things..because most times..

Real recognise real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Smartphone Wallpapers That Might Help Cure Your Phone Addiction / Infinix Unveils Hot 7 Device In Nigeria / TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.