Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup (59467 Views)

Boko Haram Kills A Soldier At Damboa Axis, Borno (Photos) / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / How I Got Scammed By A Nigerian Soldier At Total Filling Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by adimsmt: 4:25pm On May 30, 2016
Apelex:

Please don't insult me.cuz I never insulted you....
What are you doing as a citizen to make Nigeria succeed?

Why not go and correct the soildiers when dey are destroying the properties?

Maybe then u will know the kind of country your are in??

You are still probably very young..and don't quote me again....I DONT SELL CHEEZE BALLS

Sir for the record I'm not young and as I understand for you to think that I was young will tell me you are old enough to understand supporting an act of criminality is not what our country need no matter the intention.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by adimsmt: 4:42pm On May 30, 2016
awillabo:

indomie generation spotted.I know your in your twenty's....
if you were older you will understand the kind of country your in.....

For you to think that i am in twenties because of not supporting a soldier who was committing crime on duty in the name of instilling discipline to unruling motorist absurd.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 4:50pm On May 30, 2016
AntiWailer:

Did the breaking of mirror clear the traffic ?

Delaying them is enough or apply the laid down law for traffic offenders.
Yes it did clear the traffic... It worked like magic... Everyone quickly moved back and no driver tried to take the opposite Lane again so gradually movement started till we got out of the seemly impossible lock-jam.

Who is going to stand there to delay them in the middle of an highway for how long when their action has delayed everyone already and the laid down rule is what they broke already by driving against traffic.

If you do anyhow be ready to see anyhow!... It serves them right I tell you.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 5:08pm On May 30, 2016
mesoprogress:
I wouldn't have replied you because you sounded like a tout, similar to hoodlums that engage in extra judicial killings - breaking of law is caused by system breakdown. In Nigeria roads are bad, no cameras on highways to capture defaulting vehicles, no trusted police you can bribe your way out, no database to track people, elected officials and individuals with police blow one way. The system is messed, so what do you expect? People are no saints. The right thing is to impound defaulting vehicles and fine them as stipulated by law.
If you spend close to 3 hours in a traffic jam that is not caused by any of all the "messed-up Nigeria" situations you listed above but by an inpatient driver driving against traffic trying to mess Nigerians up on a highway with trailer tankers with petrol all around you, you would be grateful to a solider that breaks a few side mirrors of the offending drivers to get them back to order which eventually cleared the road for movement to resume.

If the soldier is mad and I a tout for supporting him...what would you call the drivers who drive Against traffic? I guess...Good citizens?

I'm replying you because I know you can do the same thing as those drivers and feel justified because according to you the government did not fix everything for you but the laid down rules you are not ready to obey until you see koboko.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by AntiWailer: 5:51pm On May 30, 2016
psalmsjob:

Yes it did clear the traffic... It worked like magic... Everyone quickly moved back and no driver tried to take the opposite Lane again so gradually movement started till we got out of the seemly impossible lock-jam.

Who is going to stand there to delay them in the middle of an highway for how long when their action has delayed everyone already and the laid down rule is what they broke already by driving against traffic.

If you do anyhow be ready to see anyhow!... It serves them right I tell you.

Do you have a car ?

Are you planning to ever buy one ?

If you have driven before on highway uou know how easily confused one can be even on a right Lane.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by hero2000: 6:54pm On May 30, 2016
adimsmt:

Nigeria will never secceed as a country if soldiers duties are properties destructions. And please you go and examing your head for supporting corruption. For anyone to commit an act of vandalism, it's criminal offence and it's also corruption no matter who that person was and correcting wrong deed by doing wrong is not the way to go.

Most of the people condemning this soldiers act are either in US or Europe or those who would drive on the wrong side of the road too. Those in America or Europe, when there is traffic do you leave your lane and cross to the other lane to face on coming traffic? No. Why won't you do it? Because you would probably be arrested and fined. Good. But in your dear country no one is fined or arrested on those roads-Ore Expressway. Why?Maybe because there are no officials to do so. Even if there are FRSC on the way how would they arrest and fine 400 vehicles that have violated?

'Haaa! 400' you say. Yes sometimes even more. And these things happen regularly. Someone has to take the bull by the horn and do something even though 'illegal'. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. If there were sanctions for erring drivers this wouldn't be called for.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by hero2000: 6:55pm On May 30, 2016
Most of the people condemning this soldiers act are either in US or Europe or those who would drive on the wrong side of the road too. Those in America or Europe, when there is traffic do you leave your lane and cross to the other lane to face on coming traffic? No. Why won't you do it? Because you would probably be arrested and fined. Good. But in your dear country no one is fined or arrested on those roads-Ore Expressway. Why?Maybe because there are no officials to do so. Even if there are FRSC on the way how would they arrest and fine 400 vehicles that have violated?
'Haaa! 400' you say. Yes sometimes even more. And these things happen regularly. Someone has to take the bull by the horn and do something even though 'illegal'. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. If there were sanctions for erring drivers this wouldn't be called for.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 6:55pm On May 30, 2016
AntiWailer:

Do you have a car ?

Are you planning to ever buy one ?

If you have driven before on highway uou know how easily confused one can be even on a right Lane.

If you get confused on highway so much that you drive against traffic then don't drive on highways or better still go and "relearn" how to drive.

Whether I have a car or plan to have one is irrelevant to your being confused on highways.

I do understand how you mean by getting easily confused on highways since most of you will refuse to go to driving school and will be ashamed to hang the "L" sign even when you're just learning so you could be taught properly.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by AntiWailer: 7:07pm On May 30, 2016
psalmsjob:

If you get confused on highway so much that you drive against traffic then don't drive on highways or better still go and "relearn" how to drive.

Whether I have a car or plan to have one is irrelevant to your being confused on highways.

I do understand how you mean by getting easily confused on highways since most of you will refuse to go to driving school and will be ashamed to hang the "L" sign even when you're just learning so you could be taught properly.

You need to buy a car before I engage you in this type of argument.

Anybody who has received debit alert for a car will not say breaking side mirror is justifiable for traffic offence.

On the high way when there is traffic, different reasons can be assumed to be the cause including accident or robbery.

As an innocent motorist you will likely follow any path out.

That is not to say that you shld not be punished for traffic offence where necessary but anybody who supports breaking side mirror as the punishment needs his head examined properly.

Like I say always, jungle justice is always for the poor. Can you see that the eediot was selective in breaking the mirror ?

Why didn't he break the acura's mirror so you people pity wat becomes of him later.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by adimsmt: 8:50pm On May 30, 2016
hero2000:

Yes I am in America, but what you all who are supporting this act, you all are doing more harm. My people no matter the lawlessness in our country my point is using lawlessness to solve lawlessness will never in anyway solve our problem. You can't possibly make case that putting motorist in danger will solve our problem?do know what those mirrors do? There is so many other ways to go about it. If it's me, do know what i would do, I'll collect all their papers and hand it over the FRSC and imposes fine to collect it back. That will be a civilized way of reminding them that it's not okay to disobey the traffic rules.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 10:29pm On May 30, 2016
AntiWailer:

You need to buy a car before I engage you in this type of argument.

Anybody who has received debit alert for a car will not say breaking side mirror is justifiable for traffic offence.

On the high way when there is traffic, different reasons can be assumed to be the cause including accident or robbery.

As an innocent motorist you will likely follow any path out.

That is not to say that you shld not be punished for traffic offence where necessary but anybody who supports breaking side mirror as the punishment needs his head examined properly.

Like I say always, jungle justice is always for the poor. Can you see that the eediot was selective in breaking the mirror ?

Why didn't he break the acura's mirror so you people pity wat becomes of him later.
I guessed you're very unnecessarily interested in knowing if I own a car or not that's why I kept ignoring your questions to that effect...if I said yes or no, how can you prove that here on nairaland even with picture? Besides, if you own a car and you're so freaked out about replacing it's side mirror if broken for whatever reason you should better park it at home and bow to it every morning and evening because it's your god and you can't truly afford it yet. The side mirror is only but a fraction of its cost and the car itself depreciates on every drive...

You're the type that complains if someone bangs your car door because you re afraid the door would break...cant carry more than 2-3 persons at the back seat because you're afraid the shock absorbers would give way...can't carry people on a rainy day because it would spoil the leather seats and soil the carpets...can't drive on certain roads because you think it can burst the tyres... in short the car owns you instead of the other way round...but those who truly can afford to own a car don't see it as luxury or an end in itself but a utility and a means to an end....I hope these points gives you a hint about my car ownership status.

And that your excuse that as "innocent motorist" you would take any path out of armed robbery or accident on the highway is really funny if you meant it as a joke but seriously being a good driver requires that you drive defensively and not offensively, so in the event that you "assume" any of the two scenarios you should not drive against traffic to avoid accidents by head-on collision with other cars on their proper Lane or to be mistaken as an armed robber trying to escape by our "eediot" soldiers.

There is no excuse for breaking traffic laws my dear car owner because often times the judgment is passed instantly the offence is commited and leads mostly to death...so if you do anyhow on the road you will see anyhow on the road....like the saying goes that all drivers are mad men/women that the only assumption you're permitted to make.

And as advice to all aspiring car owners; don't buy a car until you have enough money to pay for it plus half of that sum saved up...then it won't be a liability but an asset.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 10:57pm On May 30, 2016
adimsmt:

Yes I am in America, but what you all who are supporting this act, you all are doing more harm. My people no matter the lawlessness in our country my point is using lawlessness to solve lawlessness will never in anyway solve our problem. You can't possibly make case that putting motorist in danger will solve our problem?do know what those mirrors do? There is so many other ways to go about it. If it's me, do know what i would do, I'll collect all their papers and hand it over the FRSC and imposes fine to collect it back. That will be a civilized way of reminding them that it's not okay to disobey the traffic rules.
Most of them if they have papers at all it must have expired two or more years ago and yet they drive about bribing FRSC. You'll need to be in this kind of traffic-jam to understand the situation... There are petrol tankers with fuel all about you, carbon emissions filled the air and thankfully you see a solider trying to control the traffic and the more he trys, more vehicles are driving out on the opposite Lane until he starts breaking side mirrors and not windscreens before people can comply you wouldn't blame him but thank him.

It's the language of animals and that's what they are for driving against traffic... to such people the side mirror is useless to start with because the danger ahead is more than that behind.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by adimsmt: 1:07am On May 31, 2016
hero2000:

Maybe I'm starting understanding the situations of how bad it is over there but seeing that it's so embarrassing and it portrays our soldiers as an animals. But I still believe another alternative would have been used .
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by 18SNVL: 11:27am On May 31, 2016
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by OreMI22: 12:04pm On May 31, 2016
oatzeal:
Young Soldier Breaks Side Mirror Of All Violating Vehicles To Clear A Terrible Hold Up On Lagos-Ore Expressway [See Photos + Video]

WATCH VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVhv0ahaW3U

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/05/young-soldier-breaks-side-mirror-of-all.html

[size=18pt]
The zoo, The zoo
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by AntiWailer: 2:16pm On May 31, 2016
psalmsjob:

I guessed you're very unnecessarily interested in knowing if I own a car or not that's why I kept ignoring your questions to that effect...if I said yes or no, how can you prove that here on nairaland even with picture? Besides, if you own a car and you're so freaked out about replacing it's side mirror if broken for whatever reason you should better park it at home and bow to it every morning and evening because it's your god and you can't truly afford it yet. The side mirror is only but a fraction of its cost and the car itself depreciates on every drive...

You're the type that complains if someone bangs your car door because you re afraid the door would break...cant carry more than 2-3 persons at the back seat because you're afraid the shock absorbers would give way...can't carry people on a rainy day because it would spoil the leather seats and soil the carpets...can't drive on certain roads because you think it can burst the tyres... in short the car owns you instead of the other way round...but those who truly can afford to own a car don't see it as luxury or an end in itself but a utility and a means to an end....I hope these points gives you a hint about my car ownership status.

And that your excuse that as "innocent motorist" you would take any path out of armed robbery or accident on the highway is really funny if you meant it as a joke but seriously being a good driver requires that you drive defensively and not offensively, so in the event that you "assume" any of the two scenarios you should not drive against traffic to avoid accidents by head-on collision with other cars on their proper Lane or to be mistaken as an armed robber trying to escape by our "eediot" soldiers.

There is no excuse for breaking traffic laws my dear car owner because often times the judgment is passed instantly the offence is commited and leads mostly to death...so if you do anyhow on the road you will see anyhow on the road....like the saying goes that all drivers are mad men/women that the only assumption you're permitted to make.

And as advice to all aspiring car owners; don't buy a car until you have enough money to pay for it plus half of that sum saved up...then it won't be a liability but an asset.

The summary of this uselessly long post is that you don't own one yet and do not see any problem with the guy damaging it cos you dnt know how it feels.

To the bolded, you must have assumed every side mirror can be cut and cello-taped. Even that soldier knows and the reason he bypassed that Acura MDX.

As fraction as it sound, some mirrors can not be gotten here in Nigeria combined with the crazy foreign exchange.

Thanks to a zealous soldier backed by people like you who feels breaking side mirror is a punishment for causing traffic jam.

Keep ur advice because nobody will dash some one a car if you are not credit worthy.if u doubt me, walk up to Elizade and tell them u want a car and u will pay later.

If they dnt get u arrested for trying charms.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by DeWorlex45(m): 3:33pm On May 31, 2016
gebest:
Nigerians like iron hand, well thank Goodness i did't pass through that road today, my car side mirror is over 350,000 naira.
Pls i wuld like to knw d type of d car u use dt its side view mirror cost over 350k.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 31, 2016
gebest:
Nigerians like iron hand, well thank Goodness i did't pass through that road today, my car side mirror is over 350,000 naira.

Yinmu
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by oatzeal(m): 12:46am On Jun 05, 2016
[quote][/quote] smiley
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by EKITI001: 12:49am On Jun 05, 2016
Awwww
OreMI22:

[size=18pt]
The zoo, The zoo
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by SohMan(m): 3:55am On Jun 05, 2016
gebest:
So make I dey dance shoki??
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by SohMan(m): 4:03am On Jun 05, 2016
idupaul:

Imagine people are even applauding him when he should be in court right now
Shut up
Go and charge him to court nah, Many peoples in dat traffic av dea own destination, What of if dea is any imagency dat might lets to death among the traffic, many workers are dea going to dea works, But dose bastrd kip violenting nd delaying ppls on the road, I Pray u will experience it one day... Think before u talk mr lawyer!
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by gebest: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
SohMan:
So make I dey dance shoki??
yes na
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by SohMan(m): 2:13am On Jun 06, 2016
gebest:
yes na
OK o, motigbo
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by Ademusiwa1: 4:02am On Jun 06, 2016
[size=28pt]You don't have his name. It is sad to watch, but the car owners broke the law for driving on the highway in the opposite direction.

Sad, instead of breaking 15 vehicle, he will would have made N300 X 15 = N4500. He lack knowledge.
The correct thing for him to do is ask all the car owner to pay a fine for driving opposite the traffic

All traffic offense on the road the police most collect a fine from the car owner because you don't have ticketing system.

This is one of the many reason, I said remove the local government. Let the police and military use the local government Secretariat to perform their duty, because civillian don't have power to enforce the law.

Only police and the military do.

So you don't need local government.

That way the allocation to local government can be use to pay teachers salary

They are complaining about salary. If this man was smart that is N4500 X 20 days = N 90,000

And he has not broken any law. It is not call bribe.

[/size]
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by zheroes(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
AntiWailer:

Do u have a car ?

If u do , when u saw the soldier breaking the side mirror u felt it was ok ?

Then u are a liar , u av never bought a car before.

About me making mouth, u saw how that eediot passed by the accura ? Exactly the same way he will pass mine even if he is high on Ore Weed.
if I have a car? No!!! But I drove my first car in the year 2000, that's 16years ago. And I don't do stupid things because I hate to be corrected. I feel only idiots do stupid things.
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by francade(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2016
That is the language Nigerians understand
Re: Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup by psalmsjob: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
AntiWailer:

The summary of this uselessly long post is that you don't own one yet and do not see any problem with the guy damaging it cos you dnt know how it feels.

To the bolded, you must have assumed every side mirror can be cut and cello-taped. Even that soldier knows and the reason he bypassed that Acura MDX.

As fraction as it sound, some mirrors can not be gotten here in Nigeria combined with the crazy foreign exchange.

Thanks to a zealous soldier backed by people like you who feels breaking side mirror is a punishment for causing traffic jam.

Keep ur advice because nobody will dash some one a car if you are not credit worthy.if u doubt me, walk up to Elizade and tell them u want a car and u will pay later.

If they dnt get u arrested for trying charms.

Mr. Car owner...how is your god today?...I mean your car, hope nothing has broken since the last time you kept wailing about side mirrors... I just saw that you still replied to my last post on the issue and termed it useless....funny that some side mirrors cannot be found in Nigeria but that doesn't mean it could cost more than the car even its bought outside Nigeria?

I just tire for you o....but like I said before if you truly can afford a car then you can as well afford every replacement parts as long as the parts are not on the moon but if you bought it to show that you better pass those walking and can't hesitate to ask anyone if they own one or not then even to fuel it will be a problem in this "crazy price".

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu Over Arrest: "I Promised I'll Smoke You Out" / See Gbajabiamila Outfit As He Contests For House Of Reps Speaker / Dino Melaye Rides 3-Wheels Motorcycle In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.