Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime (4227 Views)

The Truth Behind "Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari" / Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria / GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Standing5(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:
But prices of items where lower in GEJ era. Why are the prices of items hitting the roof top in Buhari era? Don't you think GEJ had a better economic policy than Buhari?
If truly GEJ had better economic policies why did the economy fail towards the end of his tenure instead of failing at the beginning and improving after the effect of the alleged good economic policies and huge oil windfall?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:20pm On May 30, 2016
Standing5:

If truly GEJ had better economic policies why did the economy fail towards the end of his tenure instead of failing at the beginning and improving after the effect of the alleged good economic policies and huge oil windfall?

Kai! Your head is there.

Nice slingshot!!!

He should come and answer
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2016
Standing5:

Could you be specific, please?
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Standing5(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:
Could you be specific, please?
Which part should I specific about? Is it the shrinking economy towards the end of Gej tenure or the Good policies or the oil windfall or even the absense of oil windfall?
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Osakah24(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2016
blackpanda:

Thats because u keep purchasing imported poison in d form of rice over locally produced ones. And yes, we have several toilet roll factories in nigeria. We dont need to import!
with the prices of the so called poison hitting the roof where is the alternative cheap rice you are talking about?, to the best of my knowledge the two varieties of rice in the market just have 50 Naira difference in the keg.
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:41pm On May 30, 2016
blackpanda:

Thats because u keep purchasing imported poison
in d form of rice over locally produced ones. And yes, we have several toilet roll factories in nigeria. We dont need to import!

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by richeso: 3:43pm On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

BULLCRAP!!!

Please support that with facts and figures.

See excuse o!! shocked shocked Acting President is limited kwa!

Chief abeg siddon! I need better analysis.

as an acting president, you can't make a new policy rather than continue the old policy. you are not elected yet and you still work with the old system, people, ministers etc and can not make changes without approval from senate and house of reps.

i no need plenty grammer or bunch of tory. you know what i know and you know its the truth.
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by mikolo80: 4:16pm On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

There are quite a number of kids on NL. Just imagine their understanding on this matter undecided

Many people because of tribalism or religion or partisanship decide not to see the real truth.
tribalism how? did we not vote for him? the first time or you admit he sighed that one? he sidelined north (19 states) and pout west (6 states) ,that's 25 out of 36 states and stoopidly expects to win. and you're here talking about tribalism. somebody that said 16 is greater than 19, are you kidding me. you my friend are the tribalist supporting a failure who we put great hope in yet he allowed some nonentities (Stella dizzy okonjo Boko north) make him look bad without fighting back .for goodness sake he had nothing to lose he should have set army loose on them
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Apelex(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
GEJ took over a better economy with enough in the reserves and debt-free with $/barrel higher, spent six years and made it worse.

PMB took over a terribly sick economy with depleted reserves and great debt; he has only spent a year.

If this still looks biased to anyone, then you're not objective enough.

Who told you Nigeria was debt free when he came to power
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by mikolo80: 4:34pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:
Things are supposed to be cheaper now then because there is no much money, meaning no much demand for goods (based on your demand and supply stance).

I tell you the truth bro, Buhari economic politicies caused the skyrocketting of prices. Reasons are:
1. You dont just close borders without producing your own items. With Nigeria not producing anything, Buhari closed the borders and this encouraged smuggling. Buhari was supposed to ensure that Nigeria has started producing her own items, at least to a reasonable level, before closing borders. Buhari closed borders in EXPECTATION that we shall start producing hence the skyrocketing of goods.
2. Buhari denied flow of forex for importers which led to importers buying forex from blackmarket to import goods. What do you expect when forex is sourced at higher prices to import goods? Higher cost of items, of course.

APC and indeed Buhari should be practical instead of doing things in EXPECTATION.
nobody trusts govt to implement. borders need to be closed so ppl know govt is serious this time and will spur local production. is it painful,of course it is but you know our ppl will not do anything until dia eye red. they believe in postponement.

and demand has nothing to do with money when it is about survival food. food is. very inelastic. same amount of food will be demanded daily whether there is money or not.

it is luxury items that we may not demand so much.

but hope ppl go back to farm and factories (at least the ones that don't need nepa to survive) small scale or with independent power plants like dangote

nothing to be done about forex until we get our exports right and reduce imports (tough nut to crack but we have to start somewhere. )personally I hope fashola privatises nepa transmission and unleashes the manufacturing potential of Nigeria
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by mikolo80: 4:44pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:
Are you saying people buy more things now than GEJ era? Eg, are you saying people eat more garri now than GEJ era that the price of garri has hit the roof top.?
I'm saying that supply (dollars) cannot meet demand since oil dropped drastically. don't forget we import everything except some foodstuffs (yam cassava onions melon) we import everything else, tomato, pepper beans meat chicken fish not to talk of high ticket items like cars houses (thank goodness dangote has localised that one) and it all needs dollars for import that we don't have cos we export nothing in return(somebody did analysis, we import 92% of containers in port and export only 8% .
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2016
mikolo80:
I'm saying that supply (dollars) cannot meet demand since oil dropped drastically. don't forget we import everything except some foodstuffs (yam cassava onions melon) we import everything else, tomato, pepper beans meat chicken fish not to talk of high ticket items like cars houses (thank goodness dangote has localised that one) and it all needs dollars for import that we don't have cos we export nothing in return(somebody did analysis, we import 92% of containers in port and export only 8% .

For President Buhari and his supporters, they thought that this day will Never come. Anniversary of Buhari's a Year In Office.
Buhari was handed over:-
- $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
- $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
- $1.4billion in the ECA,
- $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
- Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion Budget.
Received Below within a year,
- $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
- $2.1billion world bank loan.
- $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
- Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ......
A year have passed this morning.
1] Not a kilometer of road was constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward was added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space was created, excepted the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of Corn or tomatoes seed was Provided to our farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men],
6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry left the country.
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months - National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back to the country.
9] War on Corruption turned to war against his perceived enemies, any conviction by EFCC are cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari only win cases on pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record begins.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.
13] WAR ON TERROR.
The last 3 LGAs under Boko Haram in Feb 2015, Abadam, Kala-Balge and Gwoza where all recovered before the general election and Buhari's ill-advised policy of banning Road blocks lead to Boko haram recovering more LGAs and have the potency to attack.
Buhari have all on his hand to succeed, but the extravagant President squandered all the funds, goodwill, and only delivered hardship to Nigerians in his first #‎365days‬.
As the Biblical prodigal son, Buhari #‎Wasted‬ all the Ntrillion handed over to him. His Body language, Lies and Propaganda lost its potency about 6 months ago as the pains of his incompetence is felt by both the 97% and 5%.
NO EXCUSE IS ENOUGH, HE WASTED THE 365DAYS
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:30pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:

For President Buhari and his supporters, they thought that this day will Never come. Anniversary of Buhari's a Year In Office.

- Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ......
4] Not a job space was created, excepted the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of Corn or tomatoes seed was Provided to our farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men],
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back to the country.
9] War on Corruption turned to war against his perceived enemies, any conviction by EFCC are cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari only win cases on pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record begins.
13] WAR ON TERROR.
The last 3 LGAs under Boko Haram in Feb 2015, Abadam, Kala-Balge and Gwoza where all recovered before the general election and Buhari's ill-advised policy of banning Road blocks lead to Boko haram recovering more LGAs and have the potency to attack.
Buhari have all on his hand to succeed, but the extravagant President squandered all the funds, goodwill, and only delivered hardship to Nigerians in his first #‎365days‬.
As the Biblical prodigal son, Buhari #‎Wasted‬ all the Ntrillion handed over to him. His Body language, Lies and Propaganda lost its potency about 6 months ago as the pains of his incompetence is felt by both the 97% and 5%.

Chai!!! I hate lies seriously! angry

Abeg where did you get your info from? Give me a link. Show me a proof and stop cooking yam pottage here angry angry
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by mikolo80: 9:05pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:

13] WAR ON TERROR.
we didn't vote him to fix roads or economy. he's doing what we voted him to do
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 5:02am On May 31, 2016
mikolo80:
we didn't vote him to fix roads or economy. he's doing what we voted him to do
grin grin grin
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by blackpanda: 5:03am On May 31, 2016
Osakah24:
with the prices of the so called poison hitting the roof where is the alternative cheap rice you are talking about?, to the best of my knowledge the two varieties of rice in the market just have 50 Naira difference in the keg.

First of all, there are more than two varieties of rice in the market. And imported rice is way more expensive than the local variety. So I dont know which market u went to. When I say local variety I dont mean ofada rice cos I know thats the only one people know. Nigeria is producing its own rice on a massive scale. I normal purchase mine directly from the rice mill in ekpoma. Ebonyi rice is one of the bestand tastiest rice ever!
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Osakah24(m): 5:58am On May 31, 2016
blackpanda:

First of all, there are more than two varieties of rice in the market. And imported rice isare way more expensive than the local variety. So I dont know which market u went to. When I say local variety I dont mean ofada rice cos I know thats the only one people know. Nigeria is producing its own rice on a massive scale. I normal purchase mine directly from the rice mill in ekpoma. Ebonyi rice is one of the bestand tastiest rice ever!

come to Abuja, you won't see them or they are also expensive.
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by blackpanda: 6:03am On May 31, 2016
Osakah24:
come to Abuja, you won't see them or they are also expensive.

I am in abuja now. Go to Next shop its there. Go to wuse market its there. Even in kubwa local market, they sell local gwari rice (tho it has some stones, but very nice after washing). There are so many varieties. I doubt u have been to market
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 7:12am On May 31, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Chai!!! I hate lies seriously! angry

Abeg where did you get your info from? Give me a link. Show me a proof and stop cooking yam pottage here angry angry
A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”......John Burroughs
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Nobody: 7:16am On May 31, 2016
Just 2 years ago cheesy cheesy

Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2016
OP, “A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”......John Burroughs
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2016
jamace:
OP, “A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”......John Burroughs

John Burroughs's statement is incomplete.

"...until he begins to blame somebody else without making efforts to correct the mistake"

Olatunde (2016)
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by jamace(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

John Burroughs's statement is incomplete.

"...until he begins to blame somebody else without making efforts to correct the mistake"

Olatunde (2016)
Ok. Thanks for completing it.
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by mikolo80: 4:18pm On May 31, 2016
jamace:
grin grin grin
istruena.we voted to remove pdp and hopefully see them go to jail humiliated.fixing economy is bonus(fashola ogbeh agric and nepa ish
Re: The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 31, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Honestly, it is people like you that I love to discuss with. You have really raised intelligent points here. Good one!

As for multitasking : that is why he has ministers. It is practically impossible for him alone to follow up on all. I believe he has picked corruption because that's his specialty - and the truth remains that is the most important part, so that our efforts are not in vain after all.

Maybe not for every appointment, but I believe some ministers will deliver well. Let's not forget that the budjet has just been passed, funsiny is just arriving. I have seen BRF take some steps already.

Concerning the blame game, I believe it cannot stop, as long as we ask them questions and they have to answer. Truth can be bitter, but sometimes its better to call a spade a spade.

I believe we should give them about a year more, them we can assess the again.

Nice submission you got there. wink

@bolded. He did not realize that during his first six months, did he? Does that signify readiness?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel Donates 5 Million Dollars To Support Biafra / “I Can Invite Terrorists From Different Parts Of The World To Destroy Nigeria” – / Countries That Supported Either Side The Last Time Nigeria Fought A civil war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.