Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? (30131 Views)

Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Would You Eat This Cockroach-Like Cake That Has Got The Internet Buzzing? / Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by morganist99(m): 12:32pm On May 30, 2016
misspricy:
. How did you dry it
wtf is that on your profile pic
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by misspricy(f): 12:35pm On May 30, 2016
morganist99:
wtd is that on your profile pic
. Why did you quote me twice. ? undecided
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by nurez305(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2016
Mykcool:
I'm not in support or against it , I know it's been done for ages even before the scarcity and there are people with preference for dried tomato, someone even mentioned that she buys fresh tomato and dries it herself. I believe I've answered your first question. As for the third question, drying reduces it's weight and size which means more of it can be transported for less thereby reducing it's final cost.
I've answered 2/3 of your questions that should be a pass mark abi? grin
yea you try, thank you.....but still not convinced sha
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by kolaosita4(m): 12:55pm On May 30, 2016
Big yes
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by repogirl(f): 1:03pm On May 30, 2016
Lol, shebi it will be fried very well?

I can eat it very well.
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by fav444(f): 1:14pm On May 30, 2016
nurez305:
I'm talking about now that tomatoes are gold and very expensive. Since the fresh tomatoes is what most people prefered, my question

1. Why did they dry it and not sell it to make more profit

2. Where are they getting the tomatoes they dry despite that fresh tomatoes are very scarce

3. Drying is another process for it to cost higher than the fresh tomatoes..why after drying it, it become cheaper than the fresh tomatoes that doesn't go for any processes before selling it

If you can answer those question, then I will start buying the dried tomatoes

Thank you

u no do agric science for secondary school? the sole reason of drying fresh tomatoes is to preserve it.
Now, Why do people preserve food?
u preserve food when it is it's abundant season so that there can be some of it available when its season of abundance is gone.
Just imagine wat people are saying about a seasonal food preserved naturally, but they will happily buy oyibo processed food with artificial and sometimes dangerous preservatives.
and for those saying they prefer tomato paste, for ur mind u think say na tomatoes u de chop abi. Weldon, but google tomato paste composition first. u will find out dt u have been eating coloured starch paste all these while.

#bewise

3 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 30, 2016
misspricy:
. How did you dry it

I sun-dried it.
Sprinkled dried pepper and spices and spread it out. Till it dried. Then I packed it in a plastic container.

So I just pre-soak in warm water and blend.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Dalyjay(m): 1:40pm On May 30, 2016
Ijaya123:
Ain't nothing wrong with it.

It was dried to prevent it from rotten away. Just put in warm water and see it swell up again.

expect
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Dalyjay(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2016
Ijaya123:
Ain't nothing wrong with it.

It was dried to prevent it from rotten away. Just put in warm water and see it swell up again.

expact
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Ijaya123: 1:48pm On May 30, 2016
Dalyjay:

expact

You need a teacher to take you on English.
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Dalyjay(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2016
Ijaya123:

You need a teacher to take you on English.

If Ur cerebrum is in good state u shul know DAT s jus a joke
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by morganist99(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2016
misspricy:
. Why did you quote me twice. ? undecided
because I needed to clear my head undecided
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by valslove8715(f): 6:24pm On May 30, 2016
onyiiella:
Even the tast of a smelling pussy is better than this so called dried tomato. I tried it two weeks ago and it was a Bleep

Maybe u use too much of it. Take a little of it depending on d quantity of soup u wanna prepare, add very ripe peppern enof onios n u re good to go. if u want to u can boil it for like 2/3mins before use.
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Silvereze(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2016
So this post made front page today.

Let me say it again I will never eat dried tomatoes.

https://www.agribusinesscoach.com
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by nonjebose(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2016
I fit not. Na by force
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by Cutehector(m): 5:02am On May 31, 2016
MsPweshy:
Yes and thats what is serving us nw at home. Just soak it for few hrs, wash it well coz its very sandy nd grind it! Ur good to go mk ur stew grin
hw can u be a lesbian wen u follow guys here in nairaland angry u dnt hav ta lie abt such things.. u knw
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by MsPweshy(f): 4:07pm On May 31, 2016
Cutehector:
hw can u be a lesbian wen u follow guys here in nairaland angry u dnt hav ta lie abt such things.. u knw
who says I cant follow guys even if am a lesbo undecided
Re: Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? by emperorchedda(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2016
onyiiella:
Even the tast of a smelling pussy is better than this so called dried tomato. I tried it two weeks ago and it was a Bleep
Hi dear. Tried sending you a mail but you don't reply. PM or reply mine let's have a little discussion, I'm in uyo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Talk To Us On your Varieties Food:Our Service Delivery Is Free And Affordable / See The Pepper I Got For 1000 Naira / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.