Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? (5699 Views)

Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / School Of Nursing Makurdi Student Dies After Gas Explosion In Hostel (Graphic) / Makurdi Nursing Student Burnt By Gas Explosion In Her Hostel. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by faheezakin(m): 2:36am On May 30, 2016
Good day, I've been hearing a lot about how interesting it is to work as a nurse in the US. A lot of fascinating stories and also the dirty side. I just wanna know 'how possible is it to work as a nurse in the United State with the Nigerian RN certificate issued by schools of nursing'.

The best thing anyone with such certificate can think of is,working and also progressing in your studies just to be a better person,so I'm thinking if schooling and working can be possible in the states with such cert, young lads will be of great advantage.

So I'm here begging anyone that can provide information concerning the slated above to help shed for light to the issue.
Thanks and God bless you as you help.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by obowunmi(m): 4:09am On May 30, 2016
You still need to get the American certificates and pass the necessary exams.

I think the progression is:

Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by faheezakin(m): 8:57am On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD
its painful to hear that the cert amount nothing. Thanks so much.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 12:27pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD
Where did you learnt this erroneous verbatim you posted?
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 12:36pm On May 30, 2016
faheezakin:
its painful to hear that the cert amount nothing. Thanks so much.
Please disregard the above poster with the outrageous progression. CNA are aides they are not nurses
License practical nurses and RNs are termed nurses but RNs requires an associate degree of three years or BSN degree of four years unlike LPN's 16 months diploma.

With your RN cert and license you only have to take NCLEX-RN to be registered with the nursing board in USA depending on the state you are applying to.
There are other prerequisite like TOEFL and ielts you have to meet. Go to cgfns.com for more info.

Most hospitals are now leaning towards employing RNs with BSN certs. Your RN is still much valued though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by obowunmi(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2016
TheArchangel:
Where did you learnt this erroneous verbatim you posted?

It's learn...
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by obowunmi(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2016
TheArchangel:
Please disregard the above poster with the outrageous progression. CNA are aides they are not nurses
License practical nurses and RNs are termed nurses but RNs requires an associate degree of three years or BSN degree of four years unlike LPN's 16 months diploma.

With your RN cert and license you only have to take NCLEX-RN to be registered with the nursing board in USA depending on the state you are applying to.
There are other prerequisite like TOEFL and ielts you have to meet. Go to cgfns.com for more info.

Most hospitals are now leaning towards employing RNs with BSN certs. Your RN is still much valued though.

Are you insinuating that she can use her Nigerian degree in America?

You're a bloody liar.

Where have I said aides are nurses? I have only described the progression of due process.

Read to understand, don't read to respond. Haste makes waste.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 1:32pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

Are you insinuating that she can use her Nigerian degree in America?

You're a bloody liar.

Where have I said aides are nurses? I have only described the progression of due process.

Read to understand, don't read to respond. Haste makes waste.
Maybe you should shut the hell up and listen.
She will use her RN cert in the US after passing their nursing licensing exam. Get that. The nursing state board will evaluate her degree and RN license before she will be licensed.
The only progression for a registered nurse is through NP route i.e. MSN not what you wrote there.

Let me quote what you wrote for reference. Is that how ward maids or orderlies progress to medical doctor in Nigeria? What bullshits..[quote author=obowunmi post=46097120]You still need to get the American certificates and pass the necessary exams.
Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD[/quot
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

It's learn...
Typo. Sorry.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by obowunmi(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2016
You have the temper of a 2 years old.

You seem mentally ill and incapable
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by Baroba(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2016
TheArchangel:
Maybe you should shut the hell up and listen.
She will use her RN cert in the US after passing their nursing licensing exam. Get that. The nursing state board will evaluate her degree and RN license before she will be licensed.
The only progression for a registered nurse is through NP route i.e. MSN not what you wrote there.

Let me quote what you wrote for reference. Is that how ward maids or orderlies progress to medical doctor in Nigeria? What bullshits..

OP, please listen to Archangel, my ex lives in America. She got her Nursing diploma from UniBen, once she did her Nclex exam she started practising in San Antonio Texas ( I went to see her back in 2011, so this one no be person yarn me).. She is doing top up as we speak though. I know she wants to practice as a Nursing Practitioner..
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 3:36pm On May 30, 2016
Baroba:

OP, please listen to Archangel, my ex lives in America. She got her Nursing diploma from UniBen, once she did her Nclex exam she started practising in San Antonio Texas ( I went to see her back in 2011, so this one no be person yarn me).. She is doing top up as we speak though. I know she wants to practice as a Nursing Practitioner..
N
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 3:37pm On May 30, 2016
Baroba:

Nnaa, Dalu.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 3:40pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:
You have the temper of a 2 years old.

You seem mentally ill and incapable
you should've quoted me directly. You started throwing the insults and vibes around. I didn't insult you the way I would've because you are and I believe a pharmacist tongue. I need a federal job, will you help undecided.

See the response below.
Baroba:

Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by faheezakin(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2016
Thanks so much for the useful information @TheArchangel and Baroba ..May the good God bless you abundantly.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by faheezakin(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD
you got me scared and wondering how it could be like that but I'm happy you are not that correct. Thanks to you too
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by RedCapChief(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2016
obowunmi:

Nurse Aide (CNA)
LPN
RN
PA
MD

This is not true
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by faheezakin(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2016
RedCapChief:

This is not true
can we here something from you to buttress the fact that it's not true?
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by Jay4joy: 9:52pm On May 30, 2016
Here’s what you’ll need to do:

Meet the educational requirements.

Make sure you’ve completed the following education and licensing requirements:

You’ve graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing University or School
You’re licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN)
You’ve practiced as an RN for at least two years

To get licensed in the US, many states require you to complete a Foreign Educated Nurses (FEN) refresher course. The course consists of 120 hours in the classroom and 120 hours of clinical practice under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse.

Read details on how a Nigerian can practice in USA here. http://naijanursesforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1324
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by diva90: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
TheArchangel:

Hi, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this. If I want to go back to nigeria with my LPN, what am I equivalent to in the Nigerian system?
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by TheArchangel(f): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
diva90:

Hi, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this. If I want to go back to nigeria with my LPN, what am I equivalent to in the Nigerian system?
we dont hqve that cadre of nursing in Nigeria. LPN OR LVN.
Re: Working With Nigeria Diploma Nursing Certificate In USA??? by diva90: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
TheArchangel:
we dont hqve that cadre of nursing in Nigeria. LPN OR LVN.

Yea I'm aware but are you saying that one must have a foreign RN degree to become a nurse in nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Nivea Natural Fairness Review / Hi / Designer Condoms By Louis Vuitton Releases Condoms Each Cost $68 (n10,500)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.