Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (42204 Views)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I'm not a requirement officer neither do I work for requirement agency or agencies. I don't know why they are bombarding me with shock waves of help messages.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 30, 2016
ronald4lif:

You're a schmuck for dessiminating falsehood and thinking you're addressing a tool like your befuddled self. Your family just got naturalised less than 10years ago on what merits? How and what immigration basis did they obtain their residency since yourself and them weren't born in Britain? Point it out let me expose your sleazy ass for the public glee. Ashlock!

You earn over £400 a day as an ordinary accountant? You are an inexperienced liar. An average accountant in the UK earns between £26 to 50k depending on experience. Earning over £400 a day means you're on £96k annual wage. Unless you work as the GM of HSBC, Barclays can you bag such amount. Punk, now get lost before I bounce on your oblong head.

I leave you to your ignorance and destitution. You think it is like Nigeria where only bankers earn highest. My people perish for lack of knowledge. We are not at the same level. I actually receive £2700 every week if you care to know. Go on with your fraudulent living using other people's green card and arrangee marriage. You will perish and return home empty when you are found out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by ronald4lif(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2016
toyetade:

I leave you to your ignorance and destitution. You think it is like Nigeria where only bankers earn highest. My people perish for lack of knowledge. We are not at the same level. I actually receive £2700 every week if you care to know. Go on with your fraudulent living using other people's green card and arrangee marriage. You will perish and return home empty when you are found out.

You're a fool and a clever by half clown. I don't have to use anyone's residence card as I'm as legal as the British PM. You get £27k weekly not only £2.7k olodo. You give doctors a run for their money here. Braggadocio. Dindirin!

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tosyne2much(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2016
spicyuzo:
Lol.....The interview part got me cracking.....

Well I'm your bro in the job hunt race..Same similarities and love for Lagos....

My Take.....Keep the spirit alive, I'm seven months deep in the unemployment market, But i try to convince my self to live and approach everyday like its mylast on the job market.

The major fight for us is that battle that goes on in the mind...I just tell myself I must establish my career in this lagos.

I always want to belive the hardest part of a task is the last part, so even as I starve sometimes in a bid to keep up, I tell myself I'm approaching the end of my job hunting days.

So before you travel, please give urself a little more job hunting time...For the love of Nigeria, For the Love of Lagos.....it shall be well with us.
Bros, I feel touched when reading your you employment challenges and I pray that you will smile soon over a befitting job

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Crispels(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2016
chaiks:
For me, I I'll advice if you have a way, move to USA and start looking for ways to get your papers. I am in the Same situation with you bro. Graduated with a high 2.1 (4.49) but yet to secure anything. Please guys wat do you think i should do in this country now with a degree in international relations? The worst is that my parents can't afford to sponsor me for masters. Am damn frustrated.

Am a student from the best University in the South East. I study History and International Studies. Am in my third year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Crispels(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2016
ronald4lif:
You have relatives in America is no guarantee of an entry visa. On what basis do you think the visa is even guarantee and you merit one?

You also said something like studying and being illegal at same time. Such a contradiction. You can't be studying and same time be living illegally. Illegal immigrants can't secure admission to study anywhere in the West. And for you to be thinking of migrating as a postgrad student (if that's what you meant by studying there) means you're looking at spending an average of 5million naira tuition fees. I think if you had such amount of money you won't be thinking of traveling in the first place but invest on a business.

But let's assume you can secure a visa, it'll be the best option for you. In the US, you can secure a job even as an illegal immigrant with someone's green card and save money to pay for an arrangee marriage which will enable you apply for a green card and regularise your immigration status. It usually cost $5000 and with a descent job you can save such in few months or if you're lucky you could get a lady pregnant and secure your green card.

Let me also warn that you'd find life difficult living illegally in any country as there are legion of public services and privileges you can't access, like we have in the UK too. But with the present harsh situation in Nigeria, I'd have moved too if I were you. Any young unemployed Nigerian, or even the ones earning peanuts should leave that shit hole as there's no future there, but Canada should be their top destination choice.

Am a student from the best University in the South East. I study History and International Studies. Am in my third year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tosyne2much(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2016
purpleblood:

He's a BSc Holder. 2.1 Industrial Chem. he stand Good chances out there. Nigeria is not really an option. Getting a job in Nigeria now is now a faith thing and a miracle thing. he can either go for the certainty or wait for the uncertainty. 99.9% of drug pushers don't have bachelor's in Ind. Chem.
Nice quote bros cheesy
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tosyne2much(m): 10:53pm On May 30, 2016
opribo:

At least he can get a low job and be able to eat well, enjoy steady power supply, clean water, security of life and if he has his focus right eventually normalise his stay and achieve his dreams rather than come back here and wreck his future in the hands of mean, vision-less and deadly desperate power seekers who dont care about the youths, busy junketing the globe, debating child marriage in senate, and pilling up money yet they know not where to invest the money or what to do with all the money they are collecting.

Of what use is all the money you put in one account if you dont invest it to generate more money and help the economy to grow. Just imagine senate is still battling within itself, how then can they sit down and think about how Nigeria will grow. My brother get yourself focussed and remain there for now the people managing this side are yet to get themselves together.
Nice combo at the emboldened sir cheesy
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Aucun(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Pls what will the 100-150k be used for?

I've sent you a mail

Be wary!
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tosyne2much(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2016
DerMeister:
You're a grad with a 2.1 and your write up is strewn with errors... I wouldn't hire you if you had a first class! USA is not a piece of cake especially if you're an illegal! Go start a bizif your degree isn't getting you anywhere.
So, the fact that his write-up contains some errors automatically disqualify him of your employment if you were a potential employer?

I just hope you soon get to a stage in life when you will start viewing life in the right dimension and won't measure intelligence by grammar alone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by spicyuzo(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bros, I feel touched when reading your you employment challenges and I pray that you will smile soon over a befitting job

Amen Bro, I shall invite you to celebrate with me here on the day I announce my testimony. Till then, God is my strength. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I'm not a requirement officer neither do I work for requirement agency or agencies. I don't know why they are bombarding me with shock waves of help messages.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by opribo(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

Well all i can tell you is to strieve to come out tops in your educational career, that will open all doors and provide you with the right base to achieve your dream. Then even when you eventually goto the USA for your postgraduate, you can qualify for scholarship and educational grants.

With your education completed you can then come back let buld this nation and chase all these mediocres parading themselves as technocrats. Even those whos so called certificate from Toronto University are been questioned who eventually brought out the certificateless one to lead the nation of the educated.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by aribs(m): 11:44pm On May 30, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

You have a very good academic background in my opinion and you would succeed anywhere regardless of where u eventually settle . However since you want to move to the US , here is my advice
1) please come through the school.route if you don't have anyone to sponsor a green card for you. That keeps you legal while you are exploring your options .
2) prepare to work very hard while you are here . Lots of people are super brilliant and are as accomplished as you are. What would differentiate you is your hunger for success .
Focus on getting your good grades . To be honest in my own experience , no one cared what grade I made in university in nigeria . The experience you will get here is unparalleled and can set u up for life depending on how you handle things . They cared more about my experience , GRE scores, and the fact that I demonstrated that I would be willing and able to undertake the academic rigor a postgraduate degree entails .
I have a few options if you are interested based on your background. I normally wouldn't talk this much but I love to see people succeed, people who are not afraid to work hard and believe in their dreams.Cheers
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 30, 2016
ronald4lif:

You're a schmuck for dessiminating falsehood and thinking you're addressing a tool like your befuddled self. Your family just got naturalised less than 10years ago on what merits? How and what immigration basis did they obtain their residency since yourself and them weren't born in Britain? Point it out let me expose your sleazy ass for the public glee. Ashlock!

You earn over £400 a day as an ordinary accountant? You are an inexperienced liar. An average accountant in the UK earns between £26 to 50k depending on experience. Earning over £400 a day means you're on £96k annual wage. Unless you work as the GM of HSBC, Barclays can you bag such amount. Punk, now get lost before I bounce on your oblong head.

Well bro, He might be right oh, I was offered £300 per day for a Front End software developer...so that is not so far away from £400 you know.

So don't judge yet ! Some people actually have better opportunities than others.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by GboyegaD(m): 12:18am On May 31, 2016
grossintel:
have you considered how big and quick they want to make it? That's your answer. Imagine earning $200 daily from waitress job, even if you include the taxes it's so much better than hustling in this country expecially now that our naira is heading down the drain. Op pls rocket lunch ur self out of this country ASAP thank me later. grin

$200 daily as waiter shocked shocked shocked? What restaurant is that bikonu?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Itaarh(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

Whatsapp me and let try this okay 08074613548
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Gozzzy(m): 1:08am On May 31, 2016
my brother, anywhere is better than buhari's nigeria o.... even hell is. my advice is....RUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lockupman(m): 1:15am On May 31, 2016
Prayer does nothing. It's just a mere wish which will keep you in the same spot or a worse one for a long time. Action gets things done. Free yourself from mental and religious slavery.

Cholls:
my brother the secret for anything in this mysterious world is PRAYER.

I can assure you brother........you can get anything with prayer.

God punish devil!.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lockupman(m): 1:23am On May 31, 2016
Walahi.

jayhumble:

Dude if you got a chance to flee the country... Don't even give it a second thought.
Nigeria is good, but it's no news that USA is better cuz some people would rather be a hustler in Yankee than being a banker in naija
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lockupman(m): 1:50am On May 31, 2016
Because it's called Social Media people just type rubbish with their basket mouth or hand that would land them in trouble. Mtcheeew!

What kind of advice is this , to use someone else green card or arrangee marriage . This is how you people has given Nigeria a bad name abroad. Is going to the US a do or die thing. If you can't get it in a legal, then look elsewhere[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by chaiks: 2:08am On May 31, 2016
@crispel, wat a good experience you have in your school. Just try and finish well. Wats the upcoming United nation program? I might be interested.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Obinnio: 2:20am On May 31, 2016
Sorry for asking, but if I may ask, Is it only marriage that someone who stays illegal can get papers ?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by francis523: 2:25am On May 31, 2016
juntod:

Hi, with your 2.1 in Industrial Chemistry, you can easily get a full scholarship for masters here in most USA schools. All you need to do is prepare and seat for the GRE exam. Try to get really good score, then apply to schools. Once you get a scholarship, you will still get a professor to work with (research work). He/she will pay you stipend every semester. In this way, you are legal in the country and still making money. Once you get out of school, jobs await you in that field. This is my advise. (I can guide you through the school application, visa, etc FOR FREE when you are ready grin).
Brother pls I want to come forth through school but I lack guildiance towards d pursuit. I studied mechanical engineering here.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by obidevine(m): 2:46am On May 31, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

my brother your plight really touched me, I think you should go into real estate marketing it's tough but you have to be resilient 'cos it pays off at the end of the day, please check my signature
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by calcal: 2:52am On May 31, 2016
GO GET VISA COME YANKEE - LEARN MECO IN NAIJA FAST FAST, BY THE TIME YOU GET TO YANKEE YOU WILL BE IN MONEY! MECHANIC WORKSHOP IN USA IS LIKE MAMA PUT SHOP. FORGET ABOUT THAT USELESS 2:1 YOU TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by juntod: 3:12am On May 31, 2016
francis523:
Brother pls I want to come forth through school but I lack guildiance towards d pursuit. I studied mechanical engineering here.

Contact me or drop ur contact
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by pillys: 7:54am On May 31, 2016
I think you should still keep your hope alive for the fact that you are attending interviews. There are people with 2.1 who don't even make that stage.
I would suggest you use your strengths more often on your interviews.
To be honest, I wouldn't say going to America is good or bad. Different strokes for different folks, but I would tell you that you should be prepared to face stiffer competition even when you regularize your status. Escaping out of Nigeria is just the beginning and if you plan on staying illegal, which is very much possible, you must be top notch in your game if you really want to make it make something out of that country.

I sure know how it feels in your situation but there's one thing you must forget: if you determined in any condition, you can succeed. The hustle is real my brother. #bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by richiepolymer(m): 8:13am On May 31, 2016
Forget your 2.1 it doesn't help anything. The world has moved on beyond paper qualifications. What you need is skills. Sellable skills that can earn you a living.
Ad an industrial chemist, what's your passion? What do you love doing? In fact what you studied in school may have been influenced by unimportant factors though but you can still make something out of it.
Do you have stray funds? You can learn or discover a way to make detergents, anti grease solutions, tile cleaning liquids, car washing liquids and stuff..... Just to mention a few.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018 / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? / Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.