Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year (1019 Views)

Samsung Is Hoping To Release A Bendable Galaxy Note Next Year / World's First Bendable Smartphone / Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by collinsdera(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2016
A mockup of a bendable smartphone designed by
the Chinese startup Moxi. The company plans to
start selling black-and-white versions of the device
this year, but a full-color model isn’t expected until. 2018. Remember the time when #BendGate took the
internet by storm? Although it was inspired by
bending issues associated with Apple’s iPhone 6
Plus, some really wished to have a phone that could
bend.
The device, which works like any other smartphone,
has been developed by Moxi Group and will feature
a flexible touchscreen that will work even when
looped and worn like a watch or a bracelet.
Moxi’s device will be first if it’s kind, if it manages to
pull it off, as no other company is known to have
brought a fully bendable smartphone to market.
World’s thinnest material graphene is used in these
bendy screens. Graphene is also a strong, light,
transparent and flexible matter. However, the initial version of the phone will only have black and white displays. The company says it’s aiming for a full color version, which is more technically challenging to make, by 2018.The black-and-white phones are expected to sell for around 5,000 yuan ($760) each in China. The cheapest version of Apple’s iPhone 6S retails for 5,288 yuan (US$806).The article originally appeared on CNN Mone

Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by Nobody: 12:36am On May 31, 2016
Graphene!! The world of materials technology
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by kingDELE(m): 12:37am On May 31, 2016
chai, dasuki will buy dis 4 me as Christmas gift
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by mjames: 11:43am On May 31, 2016
The world is coming to an end. I will save for it though
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by oluwadaemilola: 1:19pm On May 31, 2016
i need to get this under must
it looks so cool
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by oluwadaemilola: 1:20pm On May 31, 2016
oyinbo people no go use my head
mjames:
The world is coming to an end. I will save for it though
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by oluwadaemilola: 1:21pm On May 31, 2016
na like this them go collect all our money finish
kingDELE:
chai, dasuki will buy dis 4 me as Christmas gift
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by kingDELE(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
na like this them go collect all our money finish
asin ehn, c which day tecno drop W4, d theives don dey plan to drop W3. All dis new phones no even dey frek me
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by Dannybrainz: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
hmmm..nawa ooo.am speechless
Re: World’s First Bendable Smartphone To Go On Sale This Year by majorclems: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2016
This is so freaking me out mehn

(1) (Reply)

Airtel #2500 For 5GB / Best Phone To Buy / Is There Any Cheap Android Phone Or Tab That Comes With A Stylus Pen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.