Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,221 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:49 AM

Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters (8540 Views)

Pro-Biafran's Outfit To Diamond Bank In Enugu (Photos) / Pro-Biafran Supporters Protest In Spain Over Nnamdi Kanu's Detention. PICS / How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 3:16am On May 31, 2016
Contrary to news circulating that revered Archbishop AJV Obinna of Owerri Catholic Archdiocese was among the protesters, videos have surfaced suggesting a case of intimidation and abuse of the revered man of God by miscreants. He was nearly mobbed.

Download and watch video

https://video-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13345467_838794676252082_1053139301_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjcwOSwicmxhIjoxODAwLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=7b6920e81c072614b50864aec4e2e740&oe=574D24F9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by chriskosherbal(m): 3:28am On May 31, 2016
This is is not good to hear, to a man of God nooooo.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by nduchucks: 3:35am On May 31, 2016
These ipob youths are nothing but criminals and disrespectfully foolish.

The video says it all. [url=lalasticlala.mynd44]smh[/url]

14 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by jimharry21(m): 4:16am On May 31, 2016
I thought they said he flew from Rome to join the protest? it's only fools can be deceived not me, never again! Biafra or no Biafra I must make it!

13 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by OreMI22: 4:30am On May 31, 2016
[size=14pt]One thing IPOB or IPAD will do and lose every sympathy is to try to ridicule a Catholic Arch-Bishop in Igboland.

That you don't know who he is, isn't any excuse. It is even more insolent when the same tout cannot treat a fulani herdsman or their imam like that. The Arch-Bishop is NOT an OHANEZE official to be ridiculed. IPOB should identify the tout in the video and caution him very well. These are the very types of ediots that undermine IPOB by insulting even those sympathetic to their cause.

I hope they tender an unreserved apology to the Arch Bishop.
[/size]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by cktheluckyman: 4:32am On May 31, 2016
I just watched the video, the revered man of God was not really molested,rather he was interviewed by some of the protesters and asked that the church should be more vocal about the biafran issue. No one would dare molest a Catholic bishop in igboland

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 4:46am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I just watched the video, the revered man of God was not really molested,rather he was interviewed by some of the protesters and asked that the church should be more vocal about the biafran issue. No one would dare molest a Catholic bishop in igboland

So a tout using his hand to push the Bishop's chest is not molestation. The Archbishop was intimidated and subdued into loyalty by the miscreants. The tone of the tout's voice wasn't a friendly one either and at a stage tout asked what he had to give them.

14 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by cktheluckyman: 4:53am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

So a tout using his hand to push the Bishop's chest is not molestation. The Archbishop was intimidated and subdued into loyalty by the miscreants. The tone of the tout's voice wasn't a friendly one either and at a stage tout asked what he had to give them.
I had to watch the video again, I didn't see where anyone pushed. Yes I know the other guy on black was a bit rude but I still think the word "molestation" is too strong to describe what happened

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by 33xtr66r: 5:02am On May 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
I have told my brothers u will never achieve Biafra with ipob and the rest

Set a 12 year target

1) form a political party with the sole aim of establishing Biafra,
2) try to win election in the region ( if Biafra is truly popular that won't be a problem)
3) show the type of government u promised people in baifra, why u are different from Nigeria, if u can manage the little revenue then more people will trust u
4) within 8 years if good governance by the new party, take over the political leadership of the region
5) then call for a referendum, now people will take u serious and will support you

But they will never, they know what to do but will never do it
Every day donate money, donate money That's the sole aim, stealing from there brothers

All the money we have wasted on Biafra can build a refinery

Please let us be wise

The man who does not believe in a cause should leave those who are determined to forge ahead despite the threats and challenges.
Foes and naysayers cannot determine for Igbos how to go about self-determination, for it is an inalienable right of a people.

BTW, did Igbos steal your money? Is your money involved in the Igbo cause?
Is it a crime for IPOB to call for a UN supervised referendum?
Is freedom of expression now a crime?
What then is your problem?

It's you likes that carried wicked propaganda that NK's desire is to enrich himself by getting financial rewards from the government. Now despite his incarceration NK has disappointed you and your co-travellers by rejecting your inducement and offer to abandon the quest for nationhood. So you have become too restless, bitter and bile-filled.

If majority of Igbos aren't in support of IPOB many of your kind won't be running helter-skelter. You and your cohorts would have at least sponsored rallies in those cities where IPOB youths held peaceful demonstrations.

Cease fooling yourselves and your backers with your silly claims, endless rants and propaganda on NL. The earlier you relay back to them that your mission is DOA the better for your survival.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Nobody: 5:19am On May 31, 2016
angry
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by kossyablaze(m): 5:37am On May 31, 2016
Haters... I pity yall really

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by tbaba1234: 5:37am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I had to watch the video again, I didn't see where anyone pushed. Yes I know the other guy on black was a bit rude but I still think the word "molestation" is too strong to describe what happened

Is that the way to address a revered person?

13 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by lashout1: 5:39am On May 31, 2016
I see no molestation in that video.

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by blazetitov: 5:45am On May 31, 2016
How did the priest get into their midst in the first place. Too many touts claiming they fighting for what they know nothing about. SMH.

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by tbaba1234: 5:46am On May 31, 2016
kossyablaze:
keep deceiving urself. Claiming u r igbo

Are you saying all Igbos agree with the agitation?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by omenka(m): 5:53am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Just negudu. cheesycheesy

Shame on you people! We thought you people said he flew in from Rome to join the protest, how come they are now telling him to be "more vocal"?? One even boasted the next person that would join their exercise is the Pope himself. cheesy

What a people.

12 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by blackpanda: 5:56am On May 31, 2016
For those less than smart individuals that were praising catholic church for supporting biafra, sorry but that only exists in your imagination and fantasy land. Catholic church is strictly apolitical. It does not interfere in internal governance of countries so there is no way an archbishop can support biafra. Its not possible!

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu12781: 5:58am On May 31, 2016
Obviously some people didn't watch the video. He was interviewed is now molestation. What do I expect from zoo animals

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu12781: 6:01am On May 31, 2016
omenka:

Shame on you people! We thought you people said he flew in from Rome to join the protest, how come they are now telling him to be "more vocal"?? One even boasted the next person that would join their exercise is the Pope himself. cheesy

What a people.

Learn how to fucking read.

They said the church, as in EVERY church in Igboland should be more vocal. Not him per se. He was already in the March, matching alongside them so why would they ask him to be "vocal".

15 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by omenka(m): 6:05am On May 31, 2016
What a disgusting bunch of liars. The first guy yelling in his face looks like a grade A motor park tout, and the other is obviously one of the pained TAN ward coordinator. Soon as he mentioned Mbaba, they all started shouting and the Bishop was visibly irritated.

Looking at the faces of all those yoots, none looks like someone with a means of livelihood- just garrulous touts and thugs.

How does this video agree with what those miscreants posted here and celebrated yesterday?? One lie at a time, that is how they hope to get their country.

What a damn shame.

18 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by kossyablaze(m): 6:08am On May 31, 2016
omenka:

What a people.
Receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu12781: 6:17am On May 31, 2016
omenka:
What a disgusting bunch of liars. The first guy yelling in his face looks like a grade A motor park tout, and the other is obviously one of the pained TAN ward coordinator. Soon as he mentioned Mbaba, they all started shouting and the Bishop was visibly irritated.

Looking at the faces of all those yoots, none looks like someone with a means of livelihood- just garrulous touts and thugs.

How does this video agree with what those miscreants posted here and celebrated yesterday?? One lie at a time, that is how they hope to get their country.

What a damn shame.

Go and learn how to speak igbo before trying to act you understand what they said.

1.) The first guy was annoyed because tge bishop was getting ready to go home and he felt his stay was too little. He kept asking him then why did he come if he's going so soon. The bishop replied he came here, did he not and also came to bury their dead.
2.) The last guy he spoke too was addressing how quite the churches are against the struggle. The bishop stated to him that he's giving his support, he asked for more igbo leaders to speak up 3 weeks ago did he not, etc. The guy later thanked him for that and stated that more his kind should be supporting them, not watching more of their people to get slaughter. He stated repeatedly that that was his annoyance with the churches as the government molest everyone and they keep quiet.

Noone in the ENTIRE VIDEO attacked the arch bishop. They kept talking to him about the limited support they get from the Church despite the harassment the government does to the church as well all because they pray for them

Finally
The shouting was not negative. The people kept stating "Let him go. Let him go home. He's done his share" Noone was shouting any negative comment about the guy. Infact the first guy was even verbally attacked by the people around hence he calmed down. They kept telling the guy "you can't talk to him like that. He's a bishop"

If you can't speak a language , keep quiet about what going on. Body language does not translate to actual statement sometimes

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by cktheluckyman: 6:20am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

Are you saying all Igbos agree with the agitation?

An overwhelming population of igbos do
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by DerKaiser: 6:27am On May 31, 2016
Is this for real?

IPOB should be careful not to lose sympathy for their cause.

I haven't watched the video but I refuse to believe that IPOB would be foolish enough to attack or confront a Catholic Bishop.

Igbos are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and do not take attack on their Clergymen lightly.

IPOB should be grateful for any sort of support and acknowledgement they get from such men otherwise their Clamour would be dead on arrival.

IPOB be wise and do not lose the respect of the vast Igbos like MASSOB has.

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by tbaba1234: 6:35am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

An overwhelming population of igbos do

Why is it that, we do not see the intellectuals and leaders of thought supporting this movement?

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by nduchucks: 6:42am On May 31, 2016
All I have to say is a Picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. No amount of dishonest spin can erase the foolishness and disrectpectulness shown to the priest. nansense ipob touts embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 6:44am On May 31, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Go and learn how to speak igbo before trying to act you understand what they said.

1.) The first guy was annoyed because tge bishop was getting ready to go home and he felt his stay was too little. He kept asking him then why did he come if he's going so soon. The bishop replied he came here, did he not and also came to bury their dead.
2.) The last guy he spoke too was addressing how quite the churches are against the struggle. The bishop stated to him that he's giving his support, he asked for more igbo leaders to speak up 3 weeks ago did he not, etc. The guy later thanked him for that and stated that more his kind should be supporting them, not watching more of their people to get slaughter. He stated repeatedly that that was his annoyance with the churches as the government molest everyone and they keep quiet.

Noone in the ENTIRE VIDEO attacked the arch bishop. They kept talking to him about the limited support they get from the Church despite the harassment the government does to the church as well all because they pray for them

Finally
The shouting was not negative. The people kept stating "Let him go. Let him go home. He's done his share" Noone was shouting any negative comment about the guy. Infact the first guy was even verbally attacked by the people around hence he calmed down. They kept telling the guy "you can't talk to him like that. He's a bishop"

If you can't speak a language , keep quiet about what going on. Body language does not translate to actual statement sometimes

You are not the only one that knows Igbo ok. Interpreters will soon give us full details of what transpired. The Archbishop was going for a burial and the miscreants blocked his vehicle forcing him to walk. This wasn't an interview but clear case of intimidation and abuse.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police DSP Murdered In Rivers State Election (Graphic Photos) / See Fashola's House In Ikoyi That Lagos State Built For Him As Former Governor / Images At The Ongoing Construction Of Second Niger Bridge At Asaba, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.