Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south (1944 Views)

Helicopter Delivers Supplies To Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Desert — Lawmaker, Ivew / Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” / Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Nobody: 5:03am On May 31, 2016
DUE to incessant attacks on petroleum pipelines in South-South by Niger Delta Avengers, a group, Muhammadu Buhari Legacy Foundation, led by its Coordinator, Sani Bello Maikusa, has called on northerners to stop supplying food items to the region for 30 days until such attacks stopped.

Explaining that they had ordered Northerners doing businesses in the South-South to stop supplying agricultural produce, cattle, donkeys, and dogs, among others, to that part of the county.

Maikusa said “the continuous attacks on petroleum pipelines in that region had made the country to lose 25 per cent of its crude oil.”

He disclosed this at a lecture organised by the Foundation to celebrate President Muhammadu Buhari’s one year in office in Kaduna.

“Gas cannot be pumped for electricity and crude oil cannot be pushed to refineries in Warri and Kaduna. We are, therefore, calling for a total boycott of the South-South region for a period of 30 days from July 1 to 30, 2016. All businessmen, goods services, agricultural suppliers, suppliers of cows, donkeys, dogs, from the five regions of the country should boycott south-south region in protest to the sabotage and pipeline vandalism going there.

“The 30-day boycott will show to the avengers that no region in the country can stand on its own or hold this country to ransom,” he further explained.

The group added that the activities of the avengers were simply aimed at taking revenge on President Buhari’s government for the failures of the PDP and Goodluck Jonathan’s government.

Chairman of the occasion, a former Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Lawal Bawa, urged Nigerians to be patient with the Buhari administration, saying it was poised to take the country to greater heights.

http://.com/pipeline-vandalism-northerners-urged-to-stop-food-supplies-to-south-south/

Lalasticlala

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by HungerBAD: 5:04am On May 31, 2016
Following.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by SuperSupremo(m): 5:05am On May 31, 2016
OK

This meat go sweet oo

Nigeria and bad news

Na marriage tie them

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 5:10am On May 31, 2016
Which yeye food do they north have besides tomatoes and onions? The south-south would further drop the oil production below 100,000bpd let's see who gets tired

7 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Niyinficient(m): 5:10am On May 31, 2016
An eye for an eye makes the world go blind...
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 5:13am On May 31, 2016
Niyinficient:
An eye for an eye makes the world go blind...
Is there any food that is the exclusive preserve of northerners?

6 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Nobody: 5:14am On May 31, 2016
angry
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by kossyablaze(m): 5:19am On May 31, 2016
Ediots
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by scribble: 5:19am On May 31, 2016
Who wants their food abeg

Mallams should feed their face fat

Rabbish

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Niyinficient(m): 5:20am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Is there any food that is the exclusive preserve of northerners?

With all sincerity, the north produce more food than the south.

The south has done itsef more harm than good by abandoning the agric sector. We rely on the north for our everyday feeding....tomatoes, pepper, beans, yam, carrots,melon, meat etc are majorly produced in the north.

7 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by DickDastardly(m): 5:23am On May 31, 2016
Do we really need all this threats flying left right center? I taya for this zoo o!

@ topic.
Like say dem dey dash us their goods before. Oya keep am for north make e perish finish. Heavy loss looms for una head cool

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 5:24am On May 31, 2016
Niyinficient:

The south has done itsef more harm than good by abandoning the agric sector. We rely on the north for our everyday feeding....tomatoes, pepper, beans, yam, carrots,melon, meat etc are majorly produced in the north.
I hope you are not including Benue state in that north. Anyway they can go to hell with their food. In fact that is even what we want, everyone should be independent, the south gets to control their oil while the north keeps their food. Nice arrangement

8 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Vicotex2: 5:26am On May 31, 2016
OP don't forget to tell em' to also stop fulani herdsmen too. Oyel go kill una
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by SuperSupremo(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Which yeye food do they north have besides tomatoes and onions? The south-south would further drop the oil production below 100,000bpd let's see who gets tired
Na oil you go chop

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Niyinficient(m): 5:30am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I hope you are not including Benue state in that north. Anyway they can go to hell with their food. In fact that is even what we want, everyone should be independent, the south gets to control their oil while the north keeps their food. Nice arrangement

Don't reason dat way brother, no man is an island, no country can survive on its own without trading wit others. Even if d South and d North become sovereign states....there stil b dis issue. over reliance of oil is deadly....Nigeria presently is a perfect example. Southerners are too greedy unlike d contented Northerners

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 5:31am On May 31, 2016
SuperSupremo:

Name oil you go chop
Even if I were to admit that the south doesn't farm which is not the case, can I not import food from other countries with my oil money? Are we even debating this? Does the northerners give their food and cattle for free ?

8 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by ibedun: 5:37am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I read this before checking your moniker. In the process of reading this my mind suspected this must be Pa Chukwudi44 and I was right. God help you. Too driven by hopeless emotions.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by SuperSupremo(m): 5:37am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Even if I were to admit that the south doesn't farm which is not the case, can I not import food from other countries with my oil money? Are we even debating this? Does the northerners give their food and cattle for free ?
No debate but everyone must understand the rule of life

Hand go hand come

They need oil and your people too need food and its all OK

there is no need to bash each other and make each feels inferior
in a way

You people must all be One or it spells doom for Nigeria which you all representing

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by speed99: 5:49am On May 31, 2016
These people have been over pampered. The markets in the south makes relevance their agro products. Do northeners have the advantage of selling up north? like they doing south a favour? How did we get here with these people in the first place?
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Ikechu12781: 5:54am On May 31, 2016
Niyinficient:

Don't reason dat way brother, no man is an island, no country can survive on its own without trading wit others. Even if d South and d North become sovereign states....there stil b dis issue. over reliance of oil is deadly....Nigeria presently is a perfect example. Southerners are too greedy unlike d contented Northerners

Seriously? So who has been feeding themselves fat with resources of south? Who does the born to rule mentality?

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Ikechu12781: 5:56am On May 31, 2016
Lmfaooooooooooooooooo is this really their bargain? If they don't sell food, who looses? South?

Infact, please do it. It'll increase business for farmers in south and such trigger more southerners to join farming. Likewise it'll increase the trading woth other nations.

Do the north honestly think this is a threat? Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by mu2sa2: 6:04am On May 31, 2016
The man did not say only north; he said the other 5 regions should stop supplies to south south. This "our oyel money" syndrome is killing the ss - nobody there wants to work for a living. But they are so disorganized, greedy, self-centred and criminal minded that left to themselves with the oil money, they will exterminate themselves by themselves. Btw, how can you have your man as president for 6 solid years and then blame others for his signal failures?
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by uzokasi1964(m): 6:05am On May 31, 2016
This is what i have been praying for, let them stop bringing their agricultural products to d East & South South especially to d East. This will make d East to sit up in their agricultural endeavour. we produce only about 30% of what we eat but i am sure that my brothers in d East can adapt very fast! Is like they still think this is d 1960s! grin

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Kondomatik: 6:13am On May 31, 2016
Niyinficient:

But nah them beg for food pass.

Ironically ironic
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by lonelydora: 6:21am On May 31, 2016
I want to start farming asap.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Nobody: 6:24am On May 31, 2016
Then the north should get ready to eat without red oil.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 6:27am On May 31, 2016
mu2sa2:
The man did not say only north; he said the other 5 regions should stop supplies to south south. This "our oyel money" syndrome is killing the ss - nobody there wants to work for a living. But they are so disorganized, greedy, self-centred and criminal minded that left to themselves with the oil money, they will exterminate themselves by themselves. Btw, how can you have your man as president for 6 solid years and then blame others for his signal failures?

What about your northern leaders who has ruled for over 60% of Nigeria's existense yet northerners constitute 90% of beggars on every nigerian city!! I think the north is cursed!! Their own is beyond laziness and illiteracy

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by cktheluckyman: 6:32am On May 31, 2016
SuperSupremo:
No debate but everyone must understand the rule of life

Hand go hand come

They need oil and your people too need food and its all OK

there is no need to bash each other and make each feels inferior
in a way

You people must all be One or it spells doom for Nigeria which you all representing

The we have lots of farms in southern Nigeria as well!! The only foods that are aminly produced in the north are tomatoes and onions!! If that is the way to go let the north keep their food and everyother southern state control 100% of their resources letee who will lose!! Even if the south do no farm at all,we will still import food from other neighbouring countries!! This is not a threat at all!! I am laughing my heads off here!!

The south will use the oil to generate IGR to rn the government while the north will go broke!! Why don't we give this a trial and see who will suffer

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by SuperSupremo(m): 6:36am On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The we have lots of farms in southern Nigeria as well!! The only foods that are aminly produced in the north are tomatoes and onions!! If that is the way to go let the north keep their food and everyother southern state control 100% of their resources letee who will lose!! Even if the south do no farm at all,we will still import food from other neighbouring countries!! This is not a threat at all!! I am laughing my heads off here!!

The south will use the oil to generate IGR to rn the government while the north will go broke!! Why don't we give this a trial and see who will suffer
Helllllooooo

Am not a Nigerian

Solve your problems within your confines
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by Nobody: 6:45am On May 31, 2016
It seems this guys are not aware that d fertilizer they use for their farming is been subsidize and purchase by d so called oil money.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by orisa37: 6:53am On May 31, 2016
OPC and Bakassi Boys should assist Niger Delta Avengers with .Foods and logistics.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism: Northerners Urged To Stop Food Supplies To south-south by BlackSEER(m): 7:33am On May 31, 2016
let the game start! they will be the one to suffer most, useless parasites

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu : An Anti-christ / Some Of The Legacy Projects Of Gov. Seriake Dickson / Pdp's Achievements (food For Thought)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.