Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? (18695 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k / Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ako1tse: 10:28am On May 31, 2016
stick to the home tutoring it is far better and before you know you can even have your own tutorial center..............trust me I wont think twice sticking with teaching

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by yasolan(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2016
Since u said u stay in a GRA where there are big men and women..when u continue the home teaching ..u are even open to more opportunities from them..just continue and leave ABC alone abeg

My opinion ..just saying

2 Likes

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Nicur: 10:29am On May 31, 2016
my advice to you is, look at the prospects of each, do they tally with your dream or future plans? follow the one that will boost your career and place you in a position for more opportunities in the future!
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by goodvision12(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2016
butanep:
Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

After youth services, I scramble the nooks and crammy of Benin and Lagos looking for an office job but to no avail. All application letters written to organisations didn't yield any positive result as I waited for invite like a woman waiting to deliver her baby. I initially taught it was my CV, so I gave it to a professional to help me edit, still no good organisations called me for an invite even with a sound result from a science discipline. The little money from NYSC was also getting exhausted. I began to think the way forward.

After about three month without getting any positive reply from organisations, I just decided to forget about applying for both online and offline jobs because it was depressing. I decided to find something I can do to fetch me income. After presenting my request to God, in a dream God told me you have something to fetch you income, use your brain. I began to think until the revelation became clear.

Since I reside in GRA where the rich men and women reside, I did a flex which is very attractive for the service of a home tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and Technical Drawing and scattered it around big schools and strategic locations within GRA Environ. I began to pray and wait for calls.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month. I then stop applying for jobs because there was no time anymore except on few occasions...

Six moths later, I got a call from ABC company requesting me to come for an interview. I went for the interview and performed very well. The HR were smiling as i levelled all their questions with ease and even gave them classical illustrations. The moment came for salary negotiation and they asked, how much should we pay you? I said 100k and above. They started laughing and I told them that's what I can accept with confidence. They told me their payment for fresh graduate is 60k. I told them I can't accept 60k, that my input to the company will be worth more than 60k. They told me that's all they can offer, then I boldly stood up, thank them for the interview and left their presence. A week later, I was called from the CEO himself to come to the company. He told me he heard how I refused a salary of 60k. He conducted a personal interview for me and I performed very well this time even without preparation. He told me he will add 10k to the initial 60k offered to me adding up to 70k. I told him I can't accept because what I do earn me more. He persuaded me and I told him I will get back to him after three days, that he should give me some time to make up my mind. He accepted and I left for my daily home teaching.

Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents. The company is also a place I can build my career to a certain level but it will just imprisoned my life which I don't like as a hustling guy.

Nairalander what will you do if you happen to be in my shoe.

pls connect me i need a private lesson job of that magnitude
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by macaranta(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2016
Take the office job,run a part time home tutor consultancy firm where you connect tutors to clients.career first.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by DanielPop(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2016
Locate your passion in those jobs and select the one you do with ease and enjoy doing. Great things start from small beginnings bro! All the best!
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2016
duduade:
Please continue with the tutoring....

Call the ABC dude and kindly decline but you have a substitute... Make I pm you na....

Hmmmm...

Do you want to join my team?
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by dauntless15(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2016
i cant believe you're asking this questions op, a teaching job you get to save 50k monthly and your pay is between 90-110k? against a 70k job where you can be sacked anytime?
i know for sure that you dont teach everyday and you'll have more time for yourself but the office job takes all of you and you will always be trying to impress someone, your boss. please if its God that gave you the teaching idea, beg him to advice you on this. if it's me I'll stick with the teaching job

3 Likes

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by king100(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2016
T
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by dahmie2013: 10:34am On May 31, 2016
Op, don't think twice. Self employment = Rest of Mind. God is telling u, u will own a skool in future. Just be focused.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 10:34am On May 31, 2016
goodvision12:
pls connect me i need a private lesson job of that magnitude

Where you you reside because there are some I don't accept because of the pay? I do give out to people that are likewise good in the profession.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Odunharry(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:
Office Job..

Reason: Looks better on your resume.
Very true..He should expand on this tutor Centre of his he plans while still looking for office job.
I will decline this offer it I'm the op
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Joetoniruest: 10:35am On May 31, 2016
Let your passion lead the way. but for office job, you might even get bigger jobs through the 70k job. so that might be an advantage
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Armstrong34(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
would advice u to look beyond dis peanuts called office job n focuse ur attention n time on dis tutoring.... now am gonna advice u,try n add packaging n make it different from oda tutors....I want u to add some business strategy.....u can decide to rent a space n .....common making money is common sense...try and improve on ur ways n serve more pple bro....remember a paid job can Neva make u Rich...........remember my words, fink of how u can serve more n more pple wif ur tutoring den u can employ two or more competent hands to assist u.......dis was how most entrepreneurs starts....try n make it a system not jus a self employed stuff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by addikt(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents. The company is also a place I can build my career to a certain level but it will just imprisoned my life which I don't like as a hustling guy.

[/quote]

If you wrote all this by yourself , then you answered and give solution to your problems already...chose the path where you can get more client, work harder and increase your salary all by yourself ,have break for yourself and all...who knows ,you'll always get more clients but the office job, no matter how yiu work, you still get your 70k, no days off when you wish and who knows when the increase in salary will come, you'll rather serve yourself than others!

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Odunharry(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Hmmmm...

Do you want to join my team?
You are based in Benin right??
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2016
ako1tse:
stick to the home tutoring it is far better and before you know you can even have your own tutorial center..............trust me I wont think twice sticking with teaching

I have that already in mind.

Thanks.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2016
Odunharry:

You are based in Benin right??

Sure.

GRA, Benin.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Rubyventures: 10:39am On May 31, 2016
This question is a no brainer, if I were to be in your shoes I would continue with my private tutoring. reason being is that you can grow your business and be an employer yourself. If you take the office job, you might be stuck on that wage for a very long time, no time for your self etc
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by jmann2(m): 10:39am On May 31, 2016
butanep:
Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

After youth services, I scramble the nooks and crammy of Benin and Lagos looking for an office job but to no avail. All application letters written to organisations didn't yield any positive result as I waited for invite like a woman waiting to deliver her baby. I initially taught it was my CV, so I gave it to a professional to help me edit, still no good organisations called me for an invite even with a sound result from a science discipline. The little money from NYSC was also getting exhausted. I began to think the way forward.

After about three month without getting any positive reply from organisations, I just decided to forget about applying for both online and offline jobs because it was depressing. I decided to find something I can do to fetch me income. After presenting my request to God, in a dream God told me you have something to fetch you income, use your brain. I began to think until the revelation became clear.

Since I reside in GRA where the rich men and women reside, I did a flex which is very attractive for the service of a home tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and Technical Drawing and scattered it around big schools and strategic locations within GRA Environ. I began to pray and wait for calls.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month. I then stop applying for jobs because there was no time anymore except on few occasions...

Six moths later, I got a call from ABC company requesting me to come for an interview. I went for the interview and performed very well. The HR were smiling as i levelled all their questions with ease and even gave them classical illustrations. The moment came for salary negotiation and they asked, how much should we pay you? I said 100k and above. They started laughing and I told them that's what I can accept with confidence. They told me their payment for fresh graduate is 60k. I told them I can't accept 60k, that my input to the company will be worth more than 60k. They told me that's all they can offer, then I boldly stood up, thank them for the interview and left their presence. A week later, I was called from the CEO himself to come to the company. He told me he heard how I refused a salary of 60k. He conducted a personal interview for me and I performed very well this time even without preparation. He told me he will add 10k to the initial 60k offered to me adding up to 70k. I told him I can't accept because what I do earn me more. He persuaded me and I told him I will get back to him after three days, that he should give me some time to make up my mind. He accepted and I left for my daily home teaching.

Nairalander what will you do if you happen to be in mye shoe.

Don't take that job.
Continue with your home lecture and save up to open a lecture centre.
And see God will take you to higher heights
Remember he told you to use your brain.
That means that job is not for you.
Entrepreneurs rule the world.

Office job is nothing but bondage. I was once there and glad that I resigned to start something for myself
I make millions every month.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by LivingDiamond(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2016
Hi Mr. Op, this question is one of d "choice driven" ridiculous questions iv come across on this platform, a self employed job, that goes with your passion, makes you more money (from wat u z, i can see you getting more connected, and u making up to 150K monthly soonest), gives you time and rest of mind, gets you connected to the league of the rich, and serves as a ladder for a greater future ambition.. And yet u r contemplating on getting a rule-stricken, time-exhausting, instruction-driven, and less-lucrative job all in d name of "office"...Bro, u need deliverance from d spirit of confusion!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Shollyjay90(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2016
Follow Ur Mind
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by jazinogold(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2016
butanep

congratulations oooooo
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by PresVA: 10:42am On May 31, 2016
macaranta:
Take the office job,run a part time home tutor consultancy firm where you connect tutors to clients.career first.
smh.... So owning a business isn't a career? But the graduates he may likely employ in the future have a career with him abi?
We can also say the owner of ABC company doesn't have a career or the owner of where you work grin

Anyway, wish he can do both together but it will be so hard considering the new job wouldn't give him time. ..
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by zigi(f): 10:42am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Wow. I am very impressed with your comment. It gave me a whole lot of factors to pounder on. Your analysis was very classic.

I have passion for teaching very well. All my students do pass their exams and do very well in school. That's the more reason parents recommend me to other rich parents that need the service of a home tutor. I still have my time doing other things. I plan to venture into a business related to teaching.

I really don't know what my task will be in the company but I applied for a supervisor. I will have to do my research about the company growth profile and ask one one two staff about the structure and staff growth.

Dude please dont attempt to work in any Abc or DEf cos after 3 years u would have lost ur teaching skills and will be skilled Iin the act of toutisim which is d skills needed for working in a transport coy......

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by chuckdee4(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2016
OP, u remind me of my lesson teacher back in the day who started off lecturing me and my siblings, from there he grew to about 10 students.
Today the man owns a little private school.

As much as a paid job would give you some sort of stability, being in charge of your own destiny is better.
If you think there is a future with your lecturing then I would advice you go for it.
Big businesses started off just like yours, in no time you could be the one offering someone a salary of 60-70k

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by praiseandpeac: 10:43am On May 31, 2016
My brother continue with what Holy Spirit has led you to, you are going places. Don't get distracted with any paid employment.
Dig deep in the Lord, your destiny lies in it.
Shallom.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by goodvision12(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Where you you reside because there are some I don't accept because of the pay? I do give out to people that are likewise good in the profession.
i stay around orile area
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by aimuan(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Nairalander what will you do if you happen to be in my shoe.

u have set up yourself to become future school owner which will attract many students since the ones u ve taught are doing well.moreover u love the job.my advice is stick to it no matter how much the office job offers.with the way our economy is going,u can never tell the future of the company.if by chance they decide to sack you tomorrow what will u do?or u think is not possible?build ur future for urself, by urself.don't depend on that office job..
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by chuckdee4(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2016
Plus with lecturing, irrespective of high fuel prices, hike in transportation fares or even tomato students will still sit for WAEC, JAMB ETC.
So u might have carved yourself a nice niche there
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ODUBEZE: 10:49am On May 31, 2016
No think am twice just go for the lecturing job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary / Meet Faith Omoniye Lesley, Nigerian Female Welder (Photos) / Access Bank 2021 Entry Level Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.