Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? (18703 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k / Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Crispels(m): 10:49am On May 31, 2016
azelab:
i would suggest you continue with the home tutoring since you are the boss of yourself and try to save money to venture into tutorial centre or any other reliable business, likewise the lesson is given you much income compared to the office work. pls that your lesson area, is it in lagos or benin because i aim to start home tutor in lagos here but i dont know the amount i can bill the parents per student.

Am a student from the best University in Nigeria. I study History and International Studies. Am in my second year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Crispels(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Wow. I am very impressed with your comment. It gave me a whole lot of factors to pounder on. Your analysis was very classic.

I have passion for teaching very well. All my students do pass their exams and do very well in school. That's the more reason parents recommend me to other rich parents that need the service of a home tutor. I still have my time doing other things. I plan to venture into a business related to teaching.

I really don't know what my task will be in the company but I applied for a supervisor. I will have to do my research about the company growth profile and ask one one two staff about the structure and staff growth.

Am a student from the best University in Nigeria. I study History and International Studies. Am in my second year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by promisechild(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2016
my bro the tutoring stuff is the bomb. I based in Abuja and ventured into this business when I was in 100level in the university, I can boast of making nothing lower than 100k per month tutoring from one place to another. Now I have expanded my coast because I have much clients opting in for my services because of my past results. I now outsource my work to other teachers to handle and do collect my commission from them. my brother there is nothing like tutorial business I thank God for giving me this knowledge am using to sustain my life now, where would I have been now with no parents to cater for my needs.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Crispels(m): 10:51am On May 31, 2016
Eve62:
Op, one thing u shld knw is dat its actually nt abt d money bt where u can grow beta. Is d coy one dat u see urself growing in? Will u enjoy d role u will play in d coy? Where do u fink u will be happy more?
U nid to answer sm questions sincerely to arrive at ur decision. And most importantly ask God for wisdom and direction. He will lead u to d best. Best wishes!!

BTW check my signature for Rotatable Phone and Tablet tripod stand holder.

Your advice?

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by AxeurdaddyIX: 10:51am On May 31, 2016
Continue the Home Lectures and watch your money come in steadily.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by moshould(m): 10:51am On May 31, 2016
My brother I'm on my knees, begging u to please maintain ur self employed job, it's only God that can sack u, create ur own office as time goes on, I'm a graduate myself, with a good grade, but while in school I also learn how to sew, bros I'm doing well on my own, I can decide to sleep anytime....notin sweet like self employment...I u must accept any offer, it should be more than 100k, and no working on Saturdays....thank you...
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by uckennety(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2016
Before you accept persuade Him on how much time you will spend on D job daily(give Him your own conditions)tHis will enable you still teach to make more extra cash[[color=#990000][/color]
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by godoluwa(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Thanks boss. I appreciate. I will add you on whatsapp so we can discuss properly.
Its better to stay with ur present occupation(home tutor), from there you can expand it to standard private school. Most of office job is modern day slavery, I promise you that you will soon become employer
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2016
jazinogold:
butanep

congratulations oooooo

Boss. My Senior scholar and colleague. I greet you.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 31, 2016
Donald3d:
I love the way you handeled the company, there is nothing sweeter and more interesting than putting a company in a position to want you more,and make them be like.... shocked , i advice you stick to the tutoring, i love people like u dat hussle jare, i would even give you one month free consultation on digital and tech related marketing to help boost your business. Welcome to entrepreneurship. See you at the top.08182346055.

Please can I get this too? I'm plannin to start a biz of my own as well. Thanks
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Chidizman(m): 10:59am On May 31, 2016
I suggest you take up the Company's offer because it will add a lot to your resume. 70k is not that bad so to speak.

P S: Why don't you open up an Outsourcing/Consultancy firm and be connecting tutors to their potential clients since you are already well known in your area. Plus that way, You've nailed two birds with one stone.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by jazinogold(m): 10:59am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

Boss. My Senior scholar and colleague. I greet you.

Bros i hail o...na to open school remain o!

don't allow anyone blur your vision, i know you have the skill set to be an outstanding entrepreneur.

You have been impacting knowledge to the younger generation ever since i have know you.

#The truth is even those that are working want to be an entrepreneur.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by kaybee09(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2016
I dn't know ur faith but I believe this might help. "Then when you have taken decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in HIM). "Surah Al-Imran [109].

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2016
This is easy, as an office worker, you would no longer have time for nothing but as that home lesson teacher, you also have time to do other things, try and combine other businesses.

business over office work bruh
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by jamalnation(m): 11:02am On May 31, 2016
Which of the job is more secure?
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by bassette(m): 11:03am On May 31, 2016
Err this is my humble advice: since you already started off on home tutoring with commendable outcomes I'll say continue with that and use proceeds to further develop your efficiency and marketability...I know u may say being on the job gives u opportunity to build experience..true but these days with access online n others one can industry current thrends n maintain relevance..God bless bro
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ODUBEZE: 11:04am On May 31, 2016
Eve62:
Op, one thing u shld knw is dat its actually nt abt d money bt where u can grow beta. Is d coy one dat u see urself growing in? Will u enjoy d role u will play in d coy? Where do u fink u will be happy more?
U nid to answer sm questions sincerely to arrive at ur decision. And most importantly ask God for wisdom and direction. He will lead u to d best. Best wishes!!

BTW check my signature for Rotatable Phone and Tablet tripod stand holder.
hehehe dey there dey deceive your self.
money before you think of passion. except the company increases at intervals.
God no go allow me toil day and night and still be struggling to save.
God forbid!

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2016
butanep:
Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

After youth services, I scramble the nooks and crammy of Benin and Lagos looking for an office job but to no avail. All application letters written to organisations didn't yield any positive result as I waited for invite like a woman waiting to deliver her baby. I initially taught it was my CV, so I gave it to a professional to help me edit, still no good organisations called me for an invite even with a sound result from a science discipline. The little money from NYSC was also getting exhausted. I began to think the way forward.

After about three month without getting any positive reply from organisations, I just decided to forget about applying for both online and offline jobs because it was depressing. I decided to find something I can do to fetch me income. After presenting my request to God, in a dream God told me you have something to fetch you income, use your brain. I began to think until the revelation became clear.

Since I reside in GRA where the rich men and women reside, I did a flex which is very attractive for the service of a home tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and Technical Drawing and scattered it around big schools and strategic locations within GRA Environ. I began to pray and wait for calls.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month. I then stop applying for jobs because there was no time anymore except on few occasions...

Six moths later, I got a call from ABC company requesting me to come for an interview. I went for the interview and performed very well. The HR were smiling as i levelled all their questions with ease and even gave them classical illustrations. The moment came for salary negotiation and they asked, how much should we pay you? I said 100k and above. They started laughing and I told them that's what I can accept with confidence. They told me their payment for fresh graduate is 60k. I told them I can't accept 60k, that my input to the company will be worth more than 60k. They told me that's all they can offer, then I boldly stood up, thank them for the interview and left their presence. A week later, I was called from the CEO himself to come to the company. He told me he heard how I refused a salary of 60k. He conducted a personal interview for me and I performed very well this time even without preparation. He told me he will add 10k to the initial 60k offered to me adding up to 70k. I told him I can't accept because what I do earn me more. He persuaded me and I told him I will get back to him after three days, that he should give me some time to make up my mind. He accepted and I left for my daily home teaching.

Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents. The company is also a place I can build my career to a certain level but it will just imprisoned my life which I don't like as a hustling guy.

Nairalander what will you do if you happen to be in my shoe.

the bolded part. same thing am experiencing now sad
I am being caged, thats how I feel
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by bassette(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2016
*develop/acquire*
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by nasiodamus(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2016
I think you need to weigh both options is the so called company a multinational company or a one man business, a one man business hardly develops it's workers, ur progress should be ur priority which you can hardly get from a one man business. Then since you have a high passion for teaching,have a plan on opening a school either in lagos or benin,schools are very high profit making ventures. what is better than having joy at what you do and making good money.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ShaqFu: 11:05am On May 31, 2016
Home lecturing of course. You work less hours and get more pay.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by king100(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2016
Trust me you have already discovered what will totally set you free from endless search for non-existent job.
- You will have enough time to develop the home teaching job to the point of setting up your class lessons outfit as you already explained in your write-up.
- You will have enough to think of other means of generating more income.
- Working for any organisation that does not pay enough, is like working in the cubicle,by the time you know it you have spent several years of no real tangible achievement.
- Doing teaching job in different areas/ subjects expands your mind and before you know it, you begin to connect ideas from what you must have read in the course of the teaching job; which will invariably be applicable in other areas.
- Invest massively in the books or other learning materials,do not stop learning.
- Do not stop your savings from the teaching job, so that when another project come up you have funds to execute it.
- Do not work for any file-carrying company that will not add value to your life.
Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by opius: 11:08am On May 31, 2016
brunofarad:
Interesting.....

I must tell you...

Any paid employment that won't give you times 2 of what you currently earn as SELF EMPLOYED home teacher is not worth the delve.

I agree with you... continue with ur teaching that allow u more time for ur self ... Office job is not the best ... it leads me to where im today.. they will use u n dump u
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2016
jazinogold:

Bros i hail o...na to open school remain o!

don't allow anyone blur your vision, i know you have the skill set to be an outstanding entrepreneur.

You have been impacting knowledge to the younger generation ever since i have know you.

#The truth is even those that are working want to be an entrepreneur.

I'm humble sire.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 31, 2016
This is a two way thing, personally when you work with other employees , u share ideas and at the same time become more exposed. For the lecturing job, u have to set up a strategy and plan on how to make it at the top.Assuming you finish the contract with the client you have presently, u still have to acquire new client(seasonal unemployment).
One way===its either u take the job and prove ur worth; gather more experience and exposure, added with the fact that u may grow up to the level of manager .if they are organized , u will have the opportunity of going for training's abroad and all that.This place will also expose u to having opportunity of working with airways...ABC staffs portrays good professionalism
Two way===Prepare yourself very well if u have in mind that u will like to continue with education line, get ur PGDE,Msc and u are good to go.Save an open a conducive home tutor outlet and from they the sky will equally be ur starting point.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2016
opius:

I agree with you... continue with ur teaching that allow u more time for ur self ... Office job is not the best ... it leads me to where im today.. they will use u n dump u

White collar job
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ODUBEZE: 11:13am On May 31, 2016
Chidizman:
I suggest you take up the Company's offer because it will add a lot to your resume. 70k is not that bad so to speak.

P S: Why don't you open up an Outsourcing/Consultancy firm and be connecting tutors to their potential clients since you are already well known in your area. Plus that way, You've nailed two birds with one stone.
Please don't encourage him to make such mistake because the company believe they are paying him much than they expect so much will be demanded from him. You go work tire e in forget your surname
God help him to make a single mistake, he is back to square one!
Instead of being employed be an employer.
Negotiate for more lessons and employ people to do the job.
organise seminars/workshop for your employees so that they will key into your vision. shikana.
No go dey answer sir sir for person again ooooo.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:13am On May 31, 2016
Brof, you see a part-time job, i see a big business. Forget abt the office job, its slavery without job security. My piece of mind................... cry
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2016
promisechild:
my bro the tutoring stuff is the bomb. I based in Abuja and ventured into this business when I was in 100level in the university, I can boast of making nothing lower than 100k per month tutoring from one place to another. Now I have expanded my coast because I have much clients opting in for my services because of my past results. I now outsource my work to other teachers to handle and do collect my commission from them. my brother there is nothing like tutorial business I thank God for giving me this knowledge am using to sustain my life now, where would I have been now with no parents to cater for my needs.

I do have client that will sum up to 180k sometimes but I just can't divide myself. I can't be everywhere.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by leo1234(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

I really appreciate your comments. You are just wonderful. You have catalysed and ignited the fire in me. I will save your comments so I can always reflect back to it.

I will definitely put myself together to start executing the plans. I think i don't have to go back to the company. I will expand my business and make I take it to the next level.

Thanks boss.

Continue with your teaching job.
Save more and spend money only when necessary .
If it is convenient for you, you can start something small in your vicinity eg poultry or fishery.
Be dedicated and don't be greedy
One day God will lift you up. It can even be through one of those you teach their children.
I wish you the best.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by ExplicitContent: 11:18am On May 31, 2016
OP be wise okay?
I started doing home tutoring when I was 16 some 6 to 8 years ago(when I finished ssce)
Kaduna state.
At that age what I was making from home tutoring was too much for me(lol)
Cut the long story short, what I never knew was that the beginning of a journey to be a Boss of my own.(though I deviated to business when I later gain admission but my start up for biz was the proceeds I made from home tutoring and also funded mysef in the uni)

Continue with your teaching job and by this time next year you will be a complete Boss.
Forget all those career whatever you get.!

The idea of opening a tutorial centre is a 7 figure naira idea. Pursue it. Presently I have 2 friends that own tutorial centres in 3 major regions in the country and what they make now yearly is best experienced than imagined. These were dudes I use to shayo for each time I touchdown home back then.
FYI, I told them what I was into in kd and they started doing same back there at home.
Continue with your jab ma man and advertise yourself the more.

Remember this job is what makes you what u are today. I mean it's this jab that gives you the guts to tell that HR that you'r worth more than that 70k job therefore don't forget your roots.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by macaranta(m): 11:19am On May 31, 2016
PresVA:
smh.... So owning a business isn't a career? But the graduates he may likely employ in the future have a career with him abi?
We can also say the owner of ABC company doesn't have a career or the owner of where you work grin

Anyway, wish he can do both together but it will be so hard considering the new job wouldn't give him time. ..

You need more business education.So what happens when all his jamb students pass their exams ?So you'll advice he decline a job that although starting at 70k has growth potentials.Picture him at 40 going from house to house teaching the same stuff he learnt when he was 20.Grow up boy nobody said you can't finance a business from a 9-5. Job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Faith Omoniye Lesley, Nigerian Female Welder (Photos) / Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? / Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.