Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

To All Atheist - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Atheist (13605 Views)

I Dare All Atheist / All Atheist Must Read This / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
UyiIredia:

Lemme make it crystal clear to you. Random mutations cannot make any thing. NOTHING. So it cannot be relied on to produce new features that are selected for. It is irrational to attribute design to a series of accidents. Hence, your precious theory is messed up and does not actually tell us how life came to be.

It is actually much more irrational to attribute random patterns of forms and functions in natute as Design , and then attribute the act of design to an imaginary being who is supposedly beyond perception because he(?) Supposedly lives outside the universe.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by theoneJabulani(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
They say evolution is trash BT they believe the animals in Noah's ark evolved to the 7 million species present today
Re: To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

It is actually much more irrational to attribute random patterns of forms and functions in natute as Design , and then attribute the act of design to an imaginary being who is supposedly beyond perception because he(?) Supposedly lives outside the universe.

There is no random pattern. There is an ordered pattern and design in all living things. It is more sensible to attribute design to God since that is in concordance with men designing things, than to believe, foolishly I might add, that accidental mutations made it all. Since when did accidents create anything.
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
UyiIredia:

It is more sensible to attribute design to TOOTHFAIRY , since that is in concordance with men designing things

Since God is a generic term, I have assisted you with a simple substitution.

Now, how does that look and sound to you?

Do you concur with the above statement credited to you ? undecided
If not, kindly explain why not.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

Do you concur with the above statement credited to you ? undecided If not, kindly explain why not. Thank you.
God IS NOT a toothfairy.
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
UyiIredia:

God IS NOT a toothfairy.

And how are you so sure of this ?

Kindly tell us who God is, if you are sure he is not a Toothfairy.

4 Likes

Re: To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

And how are you so sure of this ?

Kindly tell us who God is, if you are sure he is not a Toothfairy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=UyiIredia post=46182855][/quote]

That looks like a copout.
Lol.

Since you deny that the TOOTHFAIRY designed living things, I ask you again to explain how or why you came to that conclusion.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
UyiIredia:

Lemme make it crystal clear to you. Random mutations cannot make any thing. NOTHING. So it cannot be relied on to produce new features that are selected for. It is irrational to attribute design to a series of accidents. Hence, your precious theory is messed up and does not actually tell us how life came to be.
Saying the same wrong thing over and over won't make it true. Really. Mutations can indeed be beneficial and a sufficient proportion of beneficial mutations occur to drive adaptation and speciation. You would benefit immensely from the learning resources I posted.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Saying the same wrong thing over and over won't make it true. Really. Mutations can indeed be beneficial and a sufficient proportion of beneficial mutations occur to drive adaptation and speciation. You would benefit immensely from the learning resources I posted.

It's your problem if you wanna remain the fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

That looks like a copout.
Lol.

Since you deny that the TOOTHFAIRY designed living things, I ask you again to explain how or why you came to that conclusion.

Hey plaetton . How is proving the universe needs no creator going ? Say hello to self-existent energy

Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hey plaetton . How is proving the universe needs no creator going ? Say hello to self-existent energy

If you accept that the Toothfairy created the universe, then you and I have no disagreements.

If you don't accept that, then kindly tell us why you think it is implausible.
Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

If you accept that the Toothfairy created the universe, then you and I have no disagreements.

If you don't accept that, then kindly tell us why you think it is implausible.

Is the toothfairy a deity ? Which religion worships the toothfairy
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Is the toothfairy a deity ? Which religion worships the toothfairy

Good question. cheesy

Now, what qualifies a thing to a deity ?
Guess.

Belief, faith and sometimes books of fairytales.

The Toothfairy has all .

Every child below the age of 5 believes in the TOOTHFAIRY.
That's roughly about 1billion human beings at any given time.
Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

Good question. cheesy

Now, what qualifies a thing to a deity ?
Guess.

Belief, faith and sometimes books of fairytales.

The Toothfairy has all .

Every child below the age of 5 believes in the TOOTHFAIRY.
That's roughly about 1billion human beings at any given time.

This should be interesting . Just don't run away when stuck cool

A deity is worshiped , any kid that worships the toothfairy
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This should be interesting . Just don't run away when stuck cool

A deity is worshiped , any kid that worships the toothfairy

Yes.
Children regularly supplicate to the Toothfairy for their statutory $3.75.

If that's not WORSHIP, then I don't know what else is.

Aren't you still getting your own statutory $3.75 ?

Better get down and supplicate.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

Yes.
Children regularly supplicate to the Toothfairy for their statutory $3.75.

If that's not WORSHIP, then I don't know what else is.

Aren't you still getting your own statutory $3.75 ?

Better get down and supplicate.

Do they pray to the Toothfairy ?
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do they pray to the Toothfairy ?

Supplication.
Google it.
Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

Supplication.
Google it.

You don't get the point . I was trying to point out that there are no prayers made perhaps you have forgotten the meaning of "supplication" .

So what's the religion which involves worshiping the toothfairy ?

Plus what do the children believe the toothfairy does ?
Re: To All Atheist by plaetton: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You don't get the point . I was trying to point out that there are no prayers made perhaps you have forgotten the meaning of "supplication" .

So what's the religion which involves worshiping the toothfairy ?

Plus what do the children believe the toothfairy does ?

Every thing that the adult TOOTHFAIRY does
Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
plaetton:

Every thing that the adult TOOTHFAIRY does

No sir .

1. No one prays to the toothfairy

2. No one worships the toothfairy

3. Then the prayer/worship of the toothfairy can't have a name - no religion is known for the worship of the Toothfairy

4. Children do not propitiate the Toothfairy

There is no proof provided so far that the toothfairy is a deity

Case closed . May reopen if anything has been adduced that the Toothfairy is a deity . Stop making stuff up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 12:51am On Jun 02, 2016
UyiIredia:

It's your problem if you wanna remain the fool.
Have you tried contacting some of the evolutionary biology researchers at Berkley and Yale (and Harvard and Cambridge etc etc etc...) alerting them that they're fools? I'm sure they'd love to hear your discoveries that have disproven evolution.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by davien(m): 1:13am On Jun 02, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Have you tried contacting some of the evolutionary biology researchers at Berkley and Yale (and Harvard and Cambridge etc etc etc...) alerting them that they're fools? I'm sure they'd love to hear your discoveries that have disproven evolution.
He's too busy reading how a talking snake outsmarted a naked woman in a garden to have time for those silly pencil sharpeners.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 6:15am On Jun 02, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Not discoveries. Just rational thought with a good dose of common sense. I've already explained before why evolution is crap. Random mutations can't build anything and natural selection is overrated. Creationism or intelligent design is the more rational answer in line with the evidence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20am On Jun 02, 2016
UyiIredia:

Not discoveries. Just rational thought with a good dose of common sense. I've already explained before why evolution is crap. Random mutations can't build anything and natural selection is overrated. Creationism or intelligent design is the more rational answer in line with the evidence.

This lady blatantly appeals to authority in her arguments and no atheists has seemed to care , even AgentofAllah undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Atheist by AgentOfAllah: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This lady blatantly appeals to authority in her arguments and no atheists has seemed to care , event AgentofAllah undecided

Dear lady cloudgoddess, I have been summoned because, apparently, I am to care that you "appealZ to authority in your arguments". So, allow me to appeal to you to stop all these authoritarian appeals.

In keeping with the theme of appeals, I should also take this opportunity to appeal to Uyiredia and his fellow cheerleader, Ebuka (♫♩♪ When I need motivation...♫♩♪), to be a little less trusting of commonsense. Throughout history, science has challenged and trashed many commonsensical notions without apology, as the following examples will demonstrate:

1) In his ground breaking work on gravitational acceleration being independent of mass, Galileo proved the untrustworthiness of commonsense against the teachings of Aristotle.

2) Max Planck proved it against his own wishes when he solved the UV catastrophe, by quantizing the energy states of oscillators.

3) Einstein and Schrodinger proved it against the demon cat that was both dead and alive (just kidding)...but they proved it against the wishes of the great champs of classical physics, including unfortunately, Einstein himself, who spent his last living years trying to refute the far reaching implications of his work on light. His last years, a cruel irony in that he died in the dark of his own light!

It is evident in these examples, that commonsense, which is just an euphemism for cognitive bias, must never be allowed to sully rational thoughts.

*End of appeal*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Dear lady cloudgoddess, I have been summoned because, apparently, I am to care that you "appealZ to authority in your arguments". So, allow me to appeal to you to stop all these authoritarian appeals.

In keeping with the theme of appeals, I should also take this opportunity to appeal to Uyiredia and his fellow cheerleader, Ebuka (♫♩♪ When I need motivation...♫♩♪), to be a little less trusting of commonsense. Throughout history, science has challenged and trashed many commonsensical notions without apology, as the following examples will demonstrate:

1) In his ground breaking work on gravitational acceleration being independent of mass, Galileo proved the untrustworthiness of commonsense against the teachings of Aristotle.

2) Max Planck proved it against his own wishes when he solved the UV catastrophe, by quantizing the energy states of oscillators.

3) Einstein and Schrodinger proved it against the demon cat that was both dead and alive (just kidding)...but they proved it against the wishes of the great champs of classical physics, including unfortunately, Einstein himself, who spent his last living years trying to refute the far reaching implications of his work on light. His last years, a cruel irony in that he died in the dark of his own light!

It is evident in these examples, that commonsense, which is just an euphemism for cognitive bias, must never be allowed to sully rational thoughts.

*End of appeal*
Haha, brilliant.

"Commonsense, which is just an euphemism for cognitive bias...". These words couldn't ring truer. Common sense is essentially "what appears to be so" via the lenses of our own prior conditioning.

That's why external converging evidence is so necessary. Without it all we really have are opinions & conjecture posing as reality.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lol They Pray To The Tooth Fairy To Mk Their Tooth Grow On Time Eveynight B4 They Sleep

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist by pr0blem: 5:48am On Sep 24, 2016

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I don't know French doesn't mean I speak Spanish. Get some sense.

And you don't know French doesn't mean French doesn't exist, have you thought about this too?
Re: To All Atheist by AgentOfAllah: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2016
pr0blem:

And you don't know French doesn't mean French doesn't exist, have you thought about this too?

You're most certainly correct! As such, the most natural response to anyone who denies the existence of French will be to:

1) Define French
2) Falsifiably demonstrate the existence of French.

Once these two conditions are satisfied, the denier loses all intellectual support for their denial. On the other hand, asserting a claim about French when you are, yourself, ignorant of its existence makes you intellectually dishonest.
Re: To All Atheist by pr0blem: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

You're most certainly correct! As such, the most natural response to anyone who denies the existence of French will be to:

1) Define French
2) Falsifiably demonstrate the existence of French.

Once these two conditions are satisfied, the denier loses all intellectual support for their denial. On the other hand, asserting a claim about French when you are, yourself, ignorant of its existence makes you intellectually dishonest.

You have said it ALL sir. May Allah bless His wisdom in You!
Re: To All Atheist by Weah96: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2016
plaetton:

Do you concur with the above statement credited to you ? undecided
If not, kindly explain why not.
Thank you.

Nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / The End Of Reason:A Response To The New Atheists / Get The Last Two Digit Of Your Date Of Birth Using The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.