Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

His Story - God's Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Story - God's Story (3256 Views)

Adedotun The Ikoro: His Testimony, His Story / Nothing Is Too Difficult For God: Story Of How A Renown Athiest Experienced God / A Really Touchin Story... GOD Help Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59am On Aug 24, 2009
God, the Creator and Giver of life.  Does He speak?  Does He care about us?  Can we know Him?

Yes!  He spoke, He cares and His message for all people tells us how to know Him.  3,500 years ago God began to instruct men to write down His words.  Over the next 1,500 years, God continued to speak and 40 different men recorded these messages.

The early writings were called the "Law" and the "Prophets."  These holy words tell about God, and how much He loves all people in the world.

This is God's story about His creation in the link below.

You will find answers to your questions like,

Did Adam have a belly button?

Has  the garden of Eden ever been found?

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/creation1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2009
Read all about God's story of the fall of humankind.

Find out the anwers to the following questions:

Is Satan a real person that influences our world today?
Is he affecting you?
I have broken some of God's commandments, will I still go to heaven?

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/fall2.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
The Broken Family of Cain and Abel

Read all about it here and questions such as:

Where did Cain get his wife?
What was Adam, the first man, really like?

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/family1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2009
Read about how the blame game started in the book of Genesis -- in the fall of humankind.

"Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on".

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/fall2.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
Read about how the sin of the first man made the second man to kill the third man, in The Broken Family of Cain and Abel

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/family1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
What’s “God”?    Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God’s the guy that ignores you.  shocked  embarassed

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes, OLAADEGBU  dear i tell you this day,peherp's you must have read in the bible, that God created man in his own image. But, on the contrary, man created God in his own image.

I have alway's known how religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people.what a heck? im i doing with the careless one?.I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’ as "Written Claimed"-?
Re: His Story - God's Story by Maykelly(f): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv, it might sounds like jokes to you but really is true, real and no joke just like DEATH is real- God Almighty Does not hate you or ignores you - the problem is that your own HEART Ogaga4Luv is EVIL.

And has prevented you from knowing your PURPOSE in LIFE- really I am not calling you names - but you’re a disgrace to manhood and womanhood as well.

Am quiet sure you were carried for nine months?

Your X-Project will lead you to no where- Did you ever look at the mirror? How ugly you look every day by day?

No normal human being will choose that path -way you have chosen.

Your arrogance and pride will definitely lead you to rest in HELL!

[b]Consider your ways.[/b]
Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:55am On Aug 27, 2009
Who care's. . .?,i have alway's known how this has been one of the christ follower's favourite music,Yeah im going to HELL simply because i refuse to follow up with your Superficial God, the unknown being that has been the greatest instrument of Confussion in human race 'Err. . .Get a Life ,I remain on my ground my dear.You''re a Confussed person and i can see really you surely need some urgent help.
  I know im pride because of "Who i am"-not because of "Who u are"? so,i take the first lead in HELL , your name is already on the list,Think i didn't saw what you did Yesterday evening?? hehehehe. . . .Yes i do baby.

May kelly:

Your arrogance and pride will definitely lead you to rest in HELL! 

[b]Consider your ways.[/b]

@ Maykelly, Everybody has a specific believe and for sure,you will definately hate it if for instance the "Theist" you believe in another person comes to you and advicing you to become an"Atheist"-or any other believe's such as:Islam,Christianity,Budhism,Satanist,Scientology.but you disagree ,still yet the person threaten you're Lost and preparred to Burn in some blazing fire"Hell"?  and puring all source of insult's and flaming words on you simply just because you refuse to be,how would you describe such a person? , think it inside your mind and that's the answer and that's what you are"Strange preacher. . ." You have even Concluded calling me"Evil" without asking yourself some certain question.,
May kelly:

@Ogaga4Luv, it might sounds like jokes to you but really is true, real and no joke just like DEATH is real- God Almighty Does not hate you or ignores you - the problem is that your own HEART Ogaga4Luv is EVIL.

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2009
Read about God's story on Noah and the Great Flood (With Pictoral representations).

Who was Mrs. Noah? What was she like? Learn about this rarely mentioned, but important woman.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/flood1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
'God's Story'

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand." (1 Corinthians 15:1)

The word "gospel" comes from the Anglo-Saxon "god-spel," meaning The Greek word is euaggelion, from which we get our word "evangel," and it means literally "a good message" or "good messenger." The prefix eu or ev means "good," and aggelion means "messenger." Thus, the gospel is the great story of God that is to be preached as by an angel dispatched from God. The word normally is used in the sense of "good news" or "glad tidings," but this good message is specifically God’s story, sent to lost men from a loving, caring, and saving God.

As our text says, it is a message to be "declared" by its messenger, then "received" (literally "once and for all"wink by its hearers. It is the message "by which also ye are saved" (v. 2) and "wherein ye stand." Then, verses 3 and 4 declare the very heart of that which is to be received and believed--the substitutionary death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It is a dynamic gospel--"the power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:16) for every true believer.

It is a "glorious gospel" (2 Corinthians 4:4) through which Christ "hath brought life and immortality to light" (2 Timothy 1:10). It is the "gospel of peace" (Ephesians 6:15) and brings "the fullness of the blessing" (Romans 15:29).

Its duration is "everlasting" (Revelation 14:6) and its foundation is the primeval making of "heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters" (Revelation 14:7) by Christ Himself (Colossians 1:16). The apostle Paul gravely warns against "any other gospel" than this gospel, which he had preached (Galatians 1:8-9). This gospel, this glad story of God’s grace in creation and salvation, is to be preached "to every creature" (Mark 16:15). HMM
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv,

Satan your master is a one dimensional smooth operator, he has not changed his tactics for the past 6,000 years.  The same subtle deceit that he used in deceiving our first parents, Adam and Eve, is basically the same tactics he is using to deceive their descendants today. 

The gigantic moral catastrophy happened when Satan added, subtracted and changed what God said by making them to doubt with their minds, desire with their hearts and to eventually disobey with their wills.  As a result of this we can see that Adam was punished in relation to his work and Eve punished in relation to the family.  The serpent your master was sentenced in the sense that the seed of the woman would bruise the head of the serpent.  Remind your master what happened when Jesus dealt a fatal blow to his head on the cross of calvary when his precious blood was shed for the remission of our sins.

I know the serpent has deceived you and got you to do his bidding and that explains why bad people hate good people, the ungodly hates the godly, the unrighteous hates the righteous as you will read of the historical account people in the Bible as well as in our contemporary times.  Jesus said that the world hated Him and they will certainly hate the followers of Jesus Christ.  This explains your hatred for that name called Jesus and anything or one associated with Him.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  Choose Christ's way; it's the only safe way.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2009
Read God's Story about the division in languages in The Tower of Babel.

"God created all the distinct , separate languages.  It was long held by science that all the languages in the world had common origins, but gradually this assumption has been abandoned.  While some words have a common root, almost all distinct language groups are completely different from each other in many ways." -- Richard Gunther

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/babel1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
Listen and watch God's story about the birth of a nation, from Abraham to Joseph.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/nation1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
Biblegod has been responsible for the worst and most gruesome massacres in human history. Modern Christians remain strangely silent about these atrocities. Oh yes, they skip every thing off their mind easily(((Like insanity))). but didn't know about .
I don't know how much simpler to put it so that it gets thru your thick Christian skulls, but here goes: A being who CREATES evil and DOES evil is an EVIL BEING, just as sure as a person who COMMITS MURDER is a MURDERER. How many murders does it take for someone to be called a murderer? One. Likewise, all it takes is ONE evil deed committed by a "god" for that god to be labeled evil. The ancient god Baal is thusly labeled "evil" by today's Christians. But realize this: take ALL of the evil ever attributed to Baal, multiply it ONE THOUSAND FOLD, and you still haven't reached the amount of evil Biblegod admits to doing in his own book. If you're going to grovel to and kiss the ass of a deity,(head shaking). at LEAST be honest about the deity, like a showed below, Biblegod is EVIL.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv,

It is interesting to know that you are also against the giving of tithes in the church, and this  explains where that campaign is coming from - doctrine of devils.

Listen to what Jesus says about you and your master:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." -- John 8:44
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Sep 02, 2009
Read the true history of the Exodus in the link below.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/exodus1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2009
Read the true history of the Exodus in the link below.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/exodus1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:23am On Sep 02, 2009
hoo-ray for the ignorant christian! It doesn’t matter how faithful to your religion you are, you still can’t spell. so sorry for the hard words but you irritate me most when skipping off our conversation my dear. . . Copying and pasting links all the time is not of use like of your own brain.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2009
The Bible is so true that it is fresher than tomorrow's newspaper!!! You cannot compare the inspired word of God to the distorted word of man and much less the words of devils.

The book of Exodus means exit or departure which Moses wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and it is the second book of the Pentateuch, a continuation of the story in the book of Genesis. Where 70 descendants of Jacob journeyed to Egypt, but after increasing abundantly in number they became oppressed as slaves to "Egyptian leaders" who did not remember Joseph (Jacob's son). The Scripture tells us that a pharaoh came to power who did not know Joseph. This pharaoh was not even an Egyptian. In Acts 7:18 when Stephen was giving his presentation before the Sanhendrin, he spoke of "another king who knew not Joseph." The word "another" in Greek is heteros (not allos), meaning "of a different kind." Isaiah 52:4 tells us that the pharaoh of the oppression was an Assyrian. He became insecure and threatened as this race of Hebrews multiplied and became powerful, so he enslaved them.

The oppression of the nation of Israel brings us to the advent of Moses, probably the most remarkable man who has ever lived, next to Jesus Christ. He stands out in the pre Christian world. He was born during, but delivered from the government-ordained genocide. Moses would take a race of slaves (about 3 million people) and mold them into a powerful nation that altered the course of all history.

Archaeology supports the Bible as you will find out in the link below as you cannot compare the word of the dead with that of the living God. If you need information and understanding about the historical facts and truth then read the Bible with an open mind willing to know and obey the truth coming from the way, the truth and the life.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible
Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2009
OLAADEGBU u rock cause of that comment. . . . . yeah this is really stupid. sad ,please tell me why are you offended by the truth? ,what proof do you have?,i strongly recommend you give me some fresh((Proofs) without no doubt.
A 2000 year old book, written by people who didnt even know jesus, and that has been constantly translated, edited, and changed time and time again. there have been more holy wars than any other war in all history. there is no god, and if there is, he is a idiot at best, and a sadist at worst for allowing all the horrific things that have happened here to happen. oh, and look, i spelled all this correctly. shocked not that hard to do. i have no complaint with people who have a set of morals, or are humanistic-religious, but it seems a bit silly to have a imaginary friend past the age of 8.

OMG OMG OMG! This graph that someone made says something I don’t agree with! I know it’s just a joke, but what should I do?!?!?!?!? FREAK OUT!!!! OMG! God is the one that kill people! simply because he's ((Crazy)) Go Team Satan!!!!

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ Ogaga4Luv,

You need to know the reason why your master is trying desperately to make the Bible seem to be a book of fairytales, he has succeeded in making a lot of religious people think that the Books of Genesis and Revelation are myths and mysteries respectively and thereby discouraging people from reading of his impending doom. The books tell the story of the devil's entry and undignified exit. This you can read in prophecy in Genesis 3:15. The reason is because he knows that his time is short and he wants to take as many people as possible with him. So wake up and smell the coffee, your master is only feeding you with half truths and lies.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2009
King of Tyre

"Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." (Ezekiel 28:12)

This prophecy against the King of Tyre is very similar to the prophecy given over a century earlier against the King of Babylon (Isaiah 14:3-28).  Both are ostensibly addressed to earthly kings, yet both are impossible to apply to any mere human monarch.  In both instances, it becomes obvious that an evil spirit--in fact, none other than Satan himself--had possessed the bodies of these kings.  Thus God, through Ezekiel, is here speaking primarily to Satan.

Satan had been "full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty," but he became proud instead of thankful.  "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground" (Ezekiel 28:17).  He had been "the anointed cherub" on "the holy mountain of God" (v. 14), the highest of all the mighty cherubim, covering the very throne of God.  But "thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire" (v. 16).

Satan, the covering cherub, had been "created" (v. 13), but he was not content to serve his Creator.  When he sinned--probably refusing to believe that God was his Creator, desiring God’s throne for himself (Isaiah 14:13)--God cast him out, saying, "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou was created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezekiel 28:15).

Yet he still refuses to acknowledge God and has since persuaded multitudes of men and women to assume that they, too, can be "as gods" (Genesis 3:5).  This belief can only--if they persist--result in their eternal ruin.  HMM
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2009
The Decalogue (10 Commandments)

Read God's story about how He wrote the 10 Commandments with His own finger.

Get answers to questions like "I have broken some of God's Commandments.  Will I go to heaven?"

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/commandments1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2009
That Old Serpent

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:2)

This prophetic vision given to John leaves no doubt as to the identity of the serpent in the Garden of Eden. That "old serpent" (literally, "that primeval serpent"wink who deceived our first parents into rebelling against the word of God, is none other than the Devil, or Satan, often viewed in Scripture as typified by a "great dragon" (Revelation 12:9), the fearsome animal of ancient times; probably the dinosaur.

His ultimate doom is sure--he will be bound a thousand years, then finally "cast into the lake of fire . . . tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Revelation 20:10).  At present, however, he is not bound, for "your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:cool.  We must be sober and vigilant, "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Corinthians 2:11).

His devices are manifold, but all are deceptive (he was the most "subtle" of all God’s creatures, Genesis 3:1), malevolent, and designed to turn us away from the true Christ.  "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3).

He is a great deceiver.  He can appear as a fire-breathing dragon or a roaring lion, deceiving us into fearing and obeying him instead of God.  He can also be "transformed into an angel of light" (2 Corinthians 11:14), deceiving us into trusting the "feigned words" of his "false teachers" (2 Peter 2:3, 1) instead of the Holy Scriptures of the God of creation. Our recourse against his deceptions is to "put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11). HMM
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
The Prophets Describe The Coming Saviour.

Read God's story on how the prophets of old prophesied about the coming of the Messiah.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/prophets1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36am On Sep 06, 2009
The Ministry of Jesus Christ

Read about the entrance of the Creator God into His creation.  His ministry only took about three and a half years and changed the course of HISTORY.

Also get answers to the question: Is Jesus Christ man, or is He God?  in the link below:

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/jesus1.html

Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2009
What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete--it needs nothing else. We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be. If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible.
But, for the sake of argument, let's continue. Let us suppose that this perfect God did create the universe. Humans were the crown of his creation, since they were created in God's image and have the ability to make decisions. However, these humans spoiled the original perfection by choosing to disobey God.What!? If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it. Someone once said that[b] bad fruit cannot come from a good tree[/b], and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans. The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible. here i have my saying,Period. sad

If you like argue . . instead using your brain.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2009
Read God's story about how the old serpent bruised the heel of the seed of the woman, and see how this seed of the woman crushed the head of the serpent in the Betrayal and Crucifixion

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/death1.html

Is Jesus Christ a man, or is He God?  Click on the link above for the answers.
Re: His Story - God's Story by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
If there is a god, must it be sane?huh. . . .?? angry

In the shadow of these discussions and arguments truthfulness is covered by the falsehood, The man who worships God is worshipping by proxy the man who created God.though you keep doupting me.Imagine there's no heaven; it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only sky Imagine all the people living for today . . .

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01am On Sep 07, 2009
@ Ogaga4Luv,

The same old lies and half truths are not new.  The old serpent deceived Adam and Eve to doubt the Word of God with their minds, and then to desire the forbidden fruit with their heart (lust) and eventually disobey the Word of God with their will.  Same old story that flattens the human race for the past 6,000 years.  Read God's story as it exposes the devil's evil plan.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13am On Sep 07, 2009
Resurrection to Eternity

Read God's story (with pictoral representations) the reason why we have Christianity, and why it has spread to all the nooks and crannies of the earth today.  You will also know about the proof of resurrection that Christ gave to His disciples and the reason the disciples went all out to proclaim the good news.  Halleluyah!!!  Christ is risen!!!  He is coming back again to take His people home, to reign with Him and to dwell with Him in the New Heaven and the New earth.  Also read about the doom of the old serpent.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/eternity1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholics That Don't Pray In The Name Of Jesus Are In The Kingdom of Darkness / Hell Fire Is Real! Repent Before It Is Too Late / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.