Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm (1329 Views)

Graduate Trainee Position In An Audit/accounting Firm / Vacancies Fast Growing Hi-tech Accounting Firm Based In Abuja For Audit Trainee / Someone Please Help. Just Got This Mail, Who Knows This Company Or Have An Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Presido95: 3:34pm On May 31, 2016
Guys, I need your advice on a decision I'm about making. I concluded my degree late last year and I should be going for NYSC around October. I currently intern at a popular insurance company here in Lagos who have promised to offer me full time employment when I conclude my NYSC. However, before getting the current internship, I applied to one of the Big 4 Accounting firms here in Lagos for a 6 months internship. Now the firm has accepted my application and are requesting me to begin the internship June 1 i.e tomorrow.

Should I switch over to the accounting firm where I knw I will gain more experience within the six months or I should stay with the insurance company where there is more Post-NYSC job assurance (and also better salary according to my research). The insurance company pays their fresh graduate full staff about 150k to start with which is sure to increase. However, I'm only collecting 40k as an intern. The accounting firm also has a similar pay structure too, tho I will earn better as an intern even though work experience rather than money should be my main concern now.

I'm finding it difficult to tell my current boss I want to go even though my heart says I should move to the accounting firm as I have always wished to work there no matter how short the period is. However, I dont see myself working in the insurance company for more than 3-5years even if I stay there. What should I do?
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by cr80vity(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2016
hmm..brb
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by unofficial(m): 6:25am On Jun 01, 2016
Stay with the insurance firm. Thank me later.
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:48am On Jun 01, 2016
I Think You Should Discuss The Issue With Your Boss.
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Blessedgurl(f): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2016
By your choices here, it's either you're an Accountant or something similiar. If you can tell us what you do at present in the Insurance Firm then we will be able to render our immense contributions. But then again, If your Boss can fix you into a position that has similiar role/positions in the Big 4s. You stay there for like a year or two and apply later as an experienced applicant into any of the Big 4s then you would be smiling to the bank as well as be in your Dream Job finally.

1 Like

Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Blessedgurl(f): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2016
But you fit still tell me the Insurance Company Name on code, make i add am to my list of Dream Companies.
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Presido95: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks guys. I actually chose the auditing firm. May God bless us all.
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by Blessedgurl(f): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
Presido95:
Thanks guys. I actually chose the auditing firm. May God bless us all.
That's good. Enjoy.
Re: Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm by calculator123(m): 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
if u stay with the accounting big 4 what then happens to u after 6 mnths assuming u are nt retained.my advice:stick to d insurance firm.if only u know how many people are praying to get a permanent job talk more of one where 150k is the pay.think..

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy At Whyte Cleon Limited / Vacancy At Access Solutions Limited Abuja / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.