Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,814 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" (5725 Views)

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] / Does GOD Exist? "The Cosmological Argument" / Does GOD Exist? "The Design Argument". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hehe . There is one fine question I asked thehomer on morality .

And thehomer's response was on that thread. He said

thehomer:

I don't know. Was he an evil man to you?

Jesus the other God. I couldn't have run from you. The ways the discussion could have ended are that I may not have seen your response or you were demonstrating a level of reasoning too poor for me to tolerate in that discussion. You're welcome to resurrect that thread and I'll assess whether or not it would be useful for me to respond.

That was the question you couldn't answer. Are you ready to answer it? If you are, please answer.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
winner01:

The fact that you cant grasp the concept of God's unending love and mercy only shows how human you are.

You Note: Human opinions, models and theories are created for humans by humans. You cant fit your Creator into your created models. That is exactly what makes God GOD and man MAN.

How do you know God loves you and how do you know what he wants?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
@OP such a pointlessly long article.

If you want a conversation, we can begin with a few statements and you can use selections from your article if you think it will help you.

Firstly, is your God a moral agent?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

And thehomer's response was on that thread. He said

That was the question you couldn't answer. Are you ready to answer it? If you are, please answer.

He is worse than evil , a pathetic anti-theist and atheist .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
SirWere:

Where did you see this sh!t. Mao never directly ordered the deaths of those people, they are as a result of a too- radical policy. Where do you get the sh!t from

Where did you get his information from?? Which reputable Chinese Historian wrote this down?? Why do you specialize in gulping gross misinformation
The whole Missive of the Greap Leap forward was to change the whole Chinese system from a farming system to an i.

ndustrialized state overnight. Of course it failed because it was simply too unfeasible. Mao seriously overreached at that time; anyone will agree at that. It was the result of that failure that caused the mass millions of deaths; he did not, in any sense, directly order those people killed...... The Chinese still love him, despite everything. Enough of this sh!t you parade as information undecided

Na wa oooo....... So despite the fact that we now have major Atheistic societies like South Korea,Australia Sweden, Denmark and the like; you people still spew out the drivel that atheists are "evil, immoral wicked people"?

I understand, you need to cling to the idea that one cannot be good without religion.

Too bad it's a lie gringringrin

This is an ignorant comment . Do your research please . Atheists have the disposition to hate , terrorise , they are bleeping misanthropes . Give them power and watch them carry out despicable acts for their selfish gains - their hate for the religious would be unleashed . Stalin , Mao , Kim J , Hitler , Castro all came with the pretext of helping the country , targeted the religious , persecuted and eliminated them . Wicked souls
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He is worse than evil , a pathetic anti-theist and atheist .

Okay. How about a God who orders the killing of 6 month old baby boys?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Okay. How about a God who orders the killing of 6 month old baby boys?

You mean taking the life he gave to them ? We have discussed this before . God is not subject to his laws in the first place . Why are being obdurate .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is an ignorant comment . Do your research please . Atheists have the disposition to hate , terrorise , they are bleeping misanthropes . Give them power and watch them carry out despicable acts for their selfish gains - their hate for the religious would be unleashed . Stalin , Mao , Kim J , Hitler , Castro all came with the pretext of helping the country , targeted the religious , persecuted and eliminated them . Wicked souls

Really? So if I gave you examples of atheists who weren't hateful, would that change your misunderstanding that atheists have the disposition to hate?

How about if I gave you examples of religious people, Christians too carried out terrible deeds using their Bible as a reason? Or the ultimate example of your God who orders the killing of babies because they're boys?

You're deeply misguided and it is funny that you think Stalin or Mao's actions means that all atheists are bad people.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean taking the life he gave to them ? We have discussed this before . God is not subject to his laws in the first place . Why are being obdurate .

So you think it is right for your God to command the killing of babies and for humans to carry it out. So, would you commit genocide if your God asked you to?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Really? So if I gave you examples of atheists who weren't hateful, would that change your misunderstanding that atheists have the disposition to hate?

How about if I gave you examples of religious people, Christians too carried out terrible deeds using their Bible as a reason? Or the ultimate example of your God who orders the killing of babies because they're boys?

You're deeply misguided and it is funny that you think Stalin or Mao's actions means that all atheists are bad people.

Should we call people who carried out wicked acts against humans Christians ? Christians are people who adhere to the teachings of Christ . Where did Christ command violence. He deplored violence and preached love . Go back to the basics young man

It's understandable when people use religion as a tool to carry out their reprehensible acts . But when there is no religion and these acts are still done it proves it is a disposition , it is innate . There is no hiding this one . These people showed atheism for what it is . Give them power and their true color would be revealed .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

So you think it is right for your God to command the killing of babies and for humans to carry it out. So, would you commit genocide if your God asked you to?

In that dispensation , God used Israel as his executioners . It is not obtainable now , in this dispensation . The same way animal sacrifices are no longer used to propitiate God but salvation . Try harder you might make sense . Obviously not today , or ever grin
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Should we call people who carried out wicked acts against humans Christians ? Christians are people who adhere to the teachings of Christ . Where did Christ command violence. He deplored violence and preached love . Go back to the basics young man

Screw your rubbish basics talk and redefinition of what it means to be a Christian. If someone believes the teachings of Christianity, then they're Christians. Whether or not they commit crimes isn't what determines whether or not someone is a Christian. Or do you think Boko Haram militants aren't Muslims? Aren't members of ISIL Muslims? Try to think you child.

KingEbukasBlog:

It's understandable when people use religion as a tool to carry out their reprehensible acts . But when there is no religion and these acts are still done it proves it is a disposition , it is innate . There is no hiding this one . These people showed atheism for what it is . Give them power and their true color would be revealed .

With religion, these acts and worse have been commanded and praised. This proves an evil disposition in your God. Your God revealed his character in the desire to kill babies just because they're boys. Even worse, he claims to love humans. What sort of person loves humans yet kills babies because they're boys? Your God it that type of person.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

In that dispensation , God used Israel as his executioners . It is not obtainable now , in this dispensation . The same way animal sacrifices are no longer used to propitiate God but salvation . Try harder you might make sense . Obviously not today , or ever grin

Is your God not supposed to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

But my question is, whether or not the command your God gave is moral or not. Was that command to kill babies because they're boys a moral command? Yes or no with your reasons please.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Screw your rubbish basics talk and redefinition of what it means to be a Christian. If someone believes the teachings of Christianity, then they're Christians. Whether or not they commit crimes isn't what determines whether or not someone is a Christian. Or do you think Boko Haram militants aren't Muslims? Aren't members of ISIL Muslims? Try to think you child.

Redefinition ? I won't engage in a logomachy with you but the fact remains that if someone is a Christian then it means he adheres to the teachings of Christ . Christ deprecated violence and if someone partakes in violence then he is no longer a Christian and is doing so in accordance to his own will .

I sense the weakness in this response , I guess my rebuttal hit you hard .

With religion, these acts and worse have been commanded and praised. This proves an evil disposition in your God. Your God revealed his character in the desire to kill babies just because they're boys. Even worse, he claims to love humans. What sort of person loves humans yet kills babies because they're boys? Your God it that type of person.

Everyone knows that God commanded those against the evil ones using Israel as his executioners , it is apparent that Christ brought an end to that . You are not making any sense . God is not subject to his laws . God is not evil but a loving God . Atheists are being used as tools by the devil that's why they become refractory when they control power - satan's myrmidons unleashing evil and wickedness on mankind
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Is your God not supposed to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

But my question is, whether or not the command your God gave is moral or not. Was that command to kill babies because they're boys a moral command? Yes or no with your reasons please.

God's prescience saved the babies . They would have been defeated , killed and sent to hell if they become adults . To preclude the spread of something ominous , you destroy the root of the problem - the seed of evil was destroyed to prevent more evil . They are safely in heaven with God since their lives were taken when they were babies .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Tellemall: 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
dalaman:

Part of the articles states that only the God of the bible is the source of objective morals. Yet when we read the bible we see this same God issuing out injunctions and doing things that are objectively immoral. When wi christians stop lying and face reality instead of hiding behind apologetics to deluded themselves?

Why did you mention me? I'm not the poster.

BTW, why does your country support peace and yet carry out seemingly brutal immortal actions to ensure this peace?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

In all my years of existence, adding my fathers grandfathers and great grandfathers; I have never ever seen the headline

"ATHEISTS ATTACKS ARMY BASE; KILLS THREE WOUNDS EIGHT; VOWS TO AVENGE THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER"

nor have I seen

"ATHEIST MAN OF GOD RAPES CHILD DURING PRAYER SESSION, CLAIMES THE PINK UNICORN TOLD HIM TOO"

.....and so on....

See, atheists are not evil; they are not "wicked" or "immoral". They have a moral responsibility; same as anybody else, even greater some will say, as to expose the myth "BadWithoutGod". Get that in your skull. I dunno how many times it must be said on this forum undecided

I was also not seriously intrested in name calling else I would pour torrents of humanists who were secular down for you.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Redefinition ? I won't engage in a logomachy with you but the fact remains that if someone is a Christian then it means he adheres to the teachings of Christ . Christ deprecated violence and if someone partakes in violence then he is no longer a Christian and is doing so in accordance to his own will .

I sense the weakness in this response , I guess my rebuttal hit you hard .

Are the members of Boko Haram Muslims?
Yeah. You keep sensing whatever you want.

KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone knows that God commanded those against the evil ones using Israel as his executioners , it is apparent that Christ brought an end to that . You are not making any sense . God is not subject to his laws . God is not evil but a loving God . Atheists are being used as tools by the devil that's why they become refractory when they control power - satan's myrmidons unleashing evil and wickedness on mankind

Is killing babies because they're boys a sign of love to you?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God's prescience saved the babies . They would have been defeated , killed and sent to hell if they become adults . To preclude the spread of something ominous , you destroy the root of the problem - the seed of evil was destroyed to prevent more evil . They are safely in heaven with God since their lives were taken when they were babies .

Yet there's evil today so your God failed as usual. He failed with Noah's flood and failed with this attempt yet you avoid the question. Here it is again.

thehomer:

Please answer the question first. The question is about the command itself. Is that a moral command?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Are the members of Boko Haram Muslims?
Yeah. You keep sensing whatever you want.

I'm I Muslim ? Why do you keep asking me about the activities of the lslamic terrorists ?

Is killing babies because they're boys a sign of love to you?

So would it have been better if they had grown into adults , killed and thrown into hell - facing an eternal punishment ? Answer me .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
thehomer:

Yet there's evil today so your God failed as usual. He failed with Noah's flood and failed with this attempt yet you avoid the question. Here it is again.

I cannot explain everything .

Please answer the question first. The question is about the command itself. Is that a moral command?

It is . God the owner of their lives had come to take what he had given . As far as the purpose was to save them from an impending condemnation in Hell .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Owliver(m): 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

so you're saying God is a tyrant king? does what he likes. selfish of him I must say. if he is that selfish and a tyrant then how does he expect us to be opposite? he created us imperfect, puts the devil beside us, we got tempted and he wants to put us in fire. we are imperfect creatures from an imperfect god then. if he sees the future why did he create us? why didn't he see the destruction before he created us? oh he just wants to have fun knowing he created us imperfect. that is evil
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
Owliver:
so you're saying God is a tyrant king? does what he likes. selfish of him I must say. if he is that selfish and a tyrant then how does he expect us to be opposite? he created us imperfect, puts the devil beside us, we got tempted and he wants to put us in fire. we are imperfect creatures from an imperfect god then. if he sees the future why did he create us? why didn't he see the destruction before he created us? oh he just wants to have fun knowing he created us imperfect. that is evil

However you wish to see it , your cup of tea
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Owliver(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

However you wish to see it , your cup of tea
I always win when I debate religious people..

I knew you'd come up with something like this. no defence.

run along
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Owliver:
I always win when I debate religious people..

I knew you'd come up with something like this. no defence.

run along

Lol . This has been addressed before . We can argue about other things though .
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Owliver(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . This has been addressed before . We can argue about other things though .
addressed? pls re-quote that and answer me. if not I take u as a loser.

Loser
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by Ranchhoddas: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by abdulwastecx(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is not the answer to my question . Is Mao a good or evil man

Mao is a good man that want to developed his country and he was successful in building a prosperous nation
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by dalaman: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Moses was a good man . The Judges of Israel were good men who fought against the subjugation of Israelities in the hands of their enemies . They were God's executioners - all these acts were justified in that dispensation

Don't argue ignorantly . Here enjoy this piece : https://www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject

So was Mohammed and all the foot soldiers of Allah fighting against the subjugation of Muslims from the hands of their enemies. They are Allah's executioners. All the acts of Muslim jihadist are justified in this dispensation. They are carrying out Allah's command. Allah is the creator and owner of the universe. He is not subject to his laid down laws.
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm I Muslim ? Why do you keep asking me about the activities of the lslamic terrorists ?

Because you can identify that they're Muslims based on their beliefs. Just as we identify Christians. Based on their beliefs.

KingEbukasBlog:

So would it have been better if they had grown into adults , killed and thrown into hell - facing an eternal punishment ? Answer me .

Well you've raised another point showing the immorality of your God. Punishing someone for what they've done makes sense but throwing people you claim to love in hell makes no sense at all. I've answered your question now will you please answer these questions including one you've raised for yourself.

1. Is killing babies because they're boys a sign of love to you?
2. Is torturing people for 20 years a sign of love to you?
Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by thehomer: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I cannot explain everything .

Of course you can't but you speak to God who can so ask him and let us know.

KingEbukasBlog:

It is . God the owner of their lives had come to take what he had given . As far as the purpose was to save them from an impending condemnation in Hell .

Thank you for your straightforward answer. you're one of the few Christians I've encountered who think genocide is a moral command. With this, you've successfully proved that with your God, all is permissible including genocide. Thanks again for your clarity.

Given that you and your God think genocide is a good idea, why should either of you be considered as useful sources for information on morality?

1 Like

Re: Does GOD Exist? "The Moral Argument" by dalaman: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus in his own words.

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. -Mathew 10:34

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience / "Spiritual Warefare Prayers By Servant Vic" / See The Hair Style Pastor Adeboyes Son And His Wife Make That Spake Up Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.