Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Test If You Have H-factor - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Test If You Have H-factor (45357 Views)

The Use Of "An" Before H Sounding Words, Is It Correct? / H-factor. Help Please. / THE UNSEEN FACTOR - JAMB 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test If You Have H-factor by rhektor(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2016
H - factor?

Yes everybody in Nigeria has it abi the country no hard reach ur syd?
Maybe na Buhari ADC u b then angry angry angry
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 31, 2016
cocoberry:
I have d R factor! embarassed
my dear we are in the same ship ooo, and the height of it is that my surname starts with R, and my company even has R in it. Telling my name and my company's name to my prospective customer has always been a challenge. So I have resorted to quickly spelling them immediately after pronouncing them to avoid " what did you say"? or other mimics that don't pronounce what I had in mind. I wish there is a therapy for R factor.....I will be glad to correct it.

1 Like

Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 31, 2016
Horlufemi:

I used to have it too until someone taught me how to pronounce it.

I'll try to reach you.

*modified*

Just let the tip of your tongue touch the roof of your mouth when pronouncing R. You need to practice though.

Then you are good to go.

Thank me later
Are you for real? wow....that will be great.Am practicing already. can you kindly send an audio file if you don't mind.....kind of a tutorial....thanks in advance.
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Beamborla(f): 10:52pm On May 31, 2016
I need not do any tongue twisting stunt before realizing I have it. My friends did a good job laughing at me and correcting me at the same time.

Been working really hard on it and I'm improving.
It's mother's tongue interference... Those of us who started out with Yoruba would definitely have it.

IT'S NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.
If you can't correct it, own it...it ain't peculiar to this part of the world. An average French man can't pronounce The.

Why do we always try to conceal our identity
#just-thinking#

1 Like

Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Opistorincos(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2016
blesoh:
Very true, a friend of mine back then did the fake one.
i will like to know if the gap is still there
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by nonix22(m): 11:31pm On May 31, 2016
Raymysterio:
Ehm, where is Falz The bahd Guy
exactly what I had in mind as I went thru comments. lol
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by somegirl1: 12:29am On Jun 01, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Have you ever heard of the word 'sarcasm'?.
If you have, are you certain that you know what it means?.

Incorrect use of the words - guilty and sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Eluwilussit(m): 5:07am On Jun 01, 2016
banmee:
Yoruba's are mostly guilty of it. Not trying to start a tribal war. It's just fact. Just like the Chinese can't differentiate between R and L.

Na only Chinese? Most Anambra people (ones without good education) switch R for L, and vice versa. China too far sef. grin

1 Like

Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Eluwilussit(m): 5:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Beamborla:
I need not do any tongue twisting stunt before realizing I have it. My friends did a good job laughing at me and correcting me at the same time.

Been working really hard on it and I'm improving.
It's mother's tongue interference... Those of us who started out with Yoruba would definitely have it.

IT'S NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.
If you can't correct it, own it...it ain't peculiar to this part of the world. An average French man can't pronounce The.

Why do we always try to conceal our identity
#just-thinking#

Correct talk. grin
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Horlufemi(m): 5:54am On Jun 01, 2016
preciusly:

Are you for real? wow....that will be great.Am practicing already. can you kindly send an audio file if you don't mind.....kind of a tutorial....thanks in advance.

http://m.wikihow.com/Pronounce-R's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wEIsyqu_Jo

You'll be fine
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 01, 2016
H-factor also includes pronouncing "H" as "eish" rather than "heich."
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Test If You Have H-factor by Situation001(m): 10:48am On May 02, 2020
massinola:
k. mean while, when you cook rice stew with fresh tomatoes
And ds was before lockdown oo.. 4yrs ago.. Now ds is wat is trending..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Bayero University, Kano / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) / FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.