Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,973 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Baby's Dedication - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby's Dedication (4898 Views)

My Cute Niece's Dedication. / Mothers/christians, Is Child Dedication Party Compulsory? / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 5:25am On Aug 24, 2009
Just curious; is this dedication supposed to be done by married couple (parents of the child) or marriage is not compulsory (for single parents) in Pentecostal church for this event?
Re: Baby's Dedication by chiejik(f): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2009
what do you think my dear.you gave birth out of wed luck?
it dosnt mean child nameing is child nameing with or without your husband.
but that day you will need the person that did the work to stand as the father.
Re: Baby's Dedication by ayomidej(f): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
I fully agree with chiejik, someone must be as the father. grin
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
was kinda odd to witness my neighbor dedicating their son in pentecostal church because they are no married grin grin
Re: Baby's Dedication by prittigrrr(f): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2009
I'm not Nigerian but all souls belong to God so I would think the church doors would be open to all babies whether or not they are born in marriage.
Re: Baby's Dedication by mamagee6(f): 12:48am On Aug 25, 2009
Okay.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Outstrip(f): 1:18am On Aug 25, 2009
So are you saying that because the child's parent's were not married the child cannot be dedicated to God? Makes no sense.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Consultant(f): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
was kinda odd to witness my neighbor dedicating their son in pentecostal church because they are no married

There are no illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents. The child should be dedicated to God, regardless of the parent's marital status.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Sissy3(f): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Consultant:

There are no illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents.

very well said.
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2009
so it is a common thing to have a baby dedication by unmarried couple in pentecostal church? some pentecostal says to do that couple must be married undecided a bit confusing
Re: Baby's Dedication by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 27, 2009
The child should be dedicated to God, regardless of the parent's marital status.

I agree.

intan:

so it is a common thing to have a baby dedication by unmarried couple in pentecostal church? some pentecostal says to do that couple must be married undecided a bit confusing

I dont think it means the church in question sanctions unmarried couples. Or is encouraging others to have children out of wedlock.

Some of these issues are rather confusing.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Outstrip(f): 4:22am On Aug 27, 2009
Churches even refuse to wed couples when the woman is pregnant
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2009
today's churches are so 'flexible' cheesy allowing the unmarried couples to do it is like 'promoting' fornication grin there's a saying "mama crab wanna teach baby crab walking straight but she herself walks the other way around" oh boy,
Re: Baby's Dedication by kufreabasi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
well, for safe delivery, God has perfected His work, so the child has to be handed over to God. But some churches can't dedicate saying it is illegal. I wonder if the child grows up to be a famous type whether he or she can still be called illegal?
Re: Baby's Dedication by touchmeder: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2009
Thank God for the birth of the baby but i must add, She is lucky the church agreed to do the baby dedication for them, most churches i know of would decline. Neighbour by the way are you sure they are not married they might have done a quiet court wedding. u can never tell

besides i just noticed USA as your location and u know oyibo mentality nor b like our own. you know common partner get right wen almost equal if not eqal husband and wife for that place.
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
hard to tell because pple knows how to fake their marriage cheesy funny world grin
Re: Baby's Dedication by kufreabasi(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
intan:

hard to tell because pple knows how to fake their marriage cheesy funny world grin

It's true. But there's always a yardstick to measure this in some places in the world.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
You can ask someone to represent the father if he doesnt wanna be there.
But make sure he is aware.
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You can ask someone to represent the father if he doesnt wanna be there.
But make sure he is aware.

u kidding me right?? undecided someone can represent the father if he can't make it?? shocked if only the baby can talk during the dedication <<where's my daddy?>> that would be on CNN cheesy grin
Re: Baby's Dedication by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
intan:

u kidding me right?? undecided someone can represent the father if he can't make it?? shocked if only the baby can talk during the dedication <<where's my daddy?>> that would be on CNN cheesy grin

Aint kidding you at all.
Why cant someone else represents the father, what if the father has travelled?
That was why i said, make sure the father is well informed.
Re: Baby's Dedication by Outstrip(f): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Aint kidding you at all.
Why cant someone else represents the father, what if the father has travelled?
That was why i said, make sure the father is well informed.
Even if he did not travel. Some father's are useless and if he says he will not be in the child's life and a god father steps in then what's wrong with that
Re: Baby's Dedication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
why did you attend the event if you knew you'd be badmouthing them anyway

Is that what your Jesus taught you?
Re: Baby's Dedication by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Outstrip:

Even if he did not travel. Some father's are useless and if he says he will not be in the child's life and a god father steps in then what's wrong with that

Abi oh
Re: Baby's Dedication by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2009

good question.
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Is that what your Jesus taught you?

didn't mean to badmouthing them. like i said, i was curious cos i have attended 2 dedications in the past but the couples were married. so when i attended one like that, i was puzzled
Re: Baby's Dedication by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
intan:

didn't mean to badmouthing them. like i said, i was curious cos i have attended 2 dedications in the past but the couples were married. so when i attended one like that, i was puzzled

u dont sound like u were puzzled, u more sound like, now i have something to yab u with, sorry, but that was how i see your reaction, and i hope i am wrong, cos being a single mother is not a crime, and only few plans it and can happen to almost anyone.
Re: Baby's Dedication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

u dont sound like u were puzzled, u more sound like, now i have something to yab u with, sorry, but that was how i see your reaction, and i hope i am wrong, cos being a single mother is not a crime, and only few plans it and can happen to almost anyone.

Thank you jare.

Dont understand people who go to church and WHILE IN church are already judging other people.

Obviously before deciding to go to the dedication, you knew this couple wasnt married abi?
Re: Baby's Dedication by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Thank you jare.

Dont understand people who go to church and WHILE IN church are already judging other people.

Obviously before deciding to go to the dedication, you knew this couple wasnt married abi?

That is why God said judgement will start from the church.
Re: Baby's Dedication by SisiKill1: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
I thought Baby Dedication was about the BABY not the parents. What does it matter how it got here. . . I mean whether the parents are married or not does not make the baby less of a baby!! Sooooooo, what gives?
Re: Baby's Dedication by onijogbon(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
intan:

was kinda odd to witness my neighbor dedicating their son in pentecostal church because they are no married  grin grin

kai, our people and their hypocrisy sha! why should it matter if the parents are married or not?

na the pickin fault he/she was born outside wedlock? the last time i checked, the thing talk say baby dedication not baby dedication only if you're married.

little wonder why so many good people are turning away from religion. . .especially organized ones like yours.  rubbish!
Re: Baby's Dedication by Outstrip(f): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2009
Most Nigerian christians are basically pharisees anyway. Exactly what Jesus despised. All they cared was following the law but had no compassion. Sometimes when I hear them talk I immediately think about the Scribes and Pharisees. What does the Lord require of you? To do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Most Nigerian Christians have a big F in any of those three things that the Bible says God requires of us. Most of them do not even realize that their thoughts come from a wicked place. they believe this is how Jesus would have done it. Jesus actually despised people like that. Go and read Jesus' teachings.
Re: Baby's Dedication by intan(f): 12:45am On Aug 29, 2009
Outstrip:

Most Nigerian christians are basically pharisees anyway. Exactly what Jesus despised. All they cared was following the law but had no compassion. Sometimes when I hear them talk I immediately think about the Scribes and Pharisees. What does the Lord require of you? To do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Most Nigerian Christians have a big F in any of those three things that the Bible says God requires of us. Most of them do not even realize that their thoughts come from a wicked place. they believe this is how Jesus would have done it. Jesus actually despised people like that. Go and read Jesus' teachings.

u got a point there sister. pharisees r everywhere even amongst the priests in fine suits! the dedication itself is beautiful and every baby deserved it. we can look at this thread in a good and bad ways, and everyone has their own understanding of the happenings. like i said, its a funny world we lived in

(1) (2) (Reply)

If He Is Your Husband, What Will You Do? ★★pics★★ / How Do I Stop My Husband From Keeping Malice With Me? / World’s Saddest Wedding:17year Old Russian Girl Forced To Marry Police Chief, 47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.