Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 PM

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (72810 Views)

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live / Nigerian Tribes And States Where They Live / Tribes And Their Best Occupation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by yom2(m): 12:29am On Jun 01, 2016
naptu2:

Number 119 (they wrote pulani instead of fulani and pulbe instead of fulbe).
it has numerous pronounciations
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Aleora(f): 12:57am On Jun 01, 2016
God scatter language for Nigeria o
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by jbbalarabe(m): 1:09am On Jun 01, 2016
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
number 119 pulbe is the same as fulani
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by freshdude99(m): 1:13am On Jun 01, 2016
donsteady:
Your list is not complete without my tribe.
Please include Okpe.... Delta state

Click like if you are from Okpe Kingdom let's see how many okpe we have here
Okpe is not a tribe Mr.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by DjHypno(m): 2:00am On Jun 01, 2016
herbie27:
Nigeria is a typical exam of the bible story, where the people were building pillars upon pillars jst to see God grin so God taught of a way of confusing them, n gave them diverse languages cheesy and they were never united.
You're right Herbie, all these people can never unite.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by naptu2: 4:17am On Jun 01, 2016
codemaniacs:

pulani is correct.... they are from senegal... if you google senegal you'll see pulani as one of the tribes.

I didn't say that it is incorrect.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by naptu2: 4:18am On Jun 01, 2016
yom2:
it has numerous pronounciations

I know.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by IntroVAT: 6:02am On Jun 01, 2016
Three hundred years seventy gini?
Chai...this diversity hmm
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 01, 2016
Candyrain:

http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/
thanks bro. Neva knew i have sum brodas in Benue, Northcentral of Nigeria.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by peteru98: 6:15am On Jun 01, 2016
ijebu is also part of yoruba tribe nw
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Marshalemmy(m): 6:21am On Jun 01, 2016
igede are found in Benue and its not on your list
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 6:32am On Jun 01, 2016
How ? did we tell you the speak the same language? Isoko is a dialect under the Urhobo language but Urhobo and Bini are light years apart. There are a very few similarities which may account for 5%
Adaure4ever:
wait a minute but Urhobo people are Edos even the language.
In my opinion, Urhobo, Isoko, Bini, Eshan should come together and form A Big EDO TRIBE.
why are you guys dividing yourselves?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 6:36am On Jun 01, 2016
You are the one whose sanity shouldn't a subject a discourse. Someone gave you a simple advice and you went on to insult the whole Yoruba race. What is your problem? I'm not Yoruba but even the devil knows that they are the most respectful people in Nigeria.
ceejay4real:

Are you sure you are sane? It's like you are learning to be saucy, isn't it? Why cldnt u address the theme of my post instead of chasing shadows? Well, am not really surprised most Yoruba peeps I know are very foul mouthed!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 6:38am On Jun 01, 2016
I was wondering why it wasn't stated here.
DBriteLitehouse:
Urhobos are still in Bayelsa State too.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by slyrone(m): 6:40am On Jun 01, 2016
along4dem:
Number 111. Epie is found in Bayelsa nt Rivers. thats the language i speak. The list is not complete. In Bayelsa we have 5 major languages, and some of them are nt in the list Gud job sha
oya nor vex militant, before you go vex bomb nl
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Crownofwealth(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2016
Number 345: URHOBO are found in DELTA, EDO AND BAYELSA

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by vexing(m): 6:43am On Jun 01, 2016
along4dem:
Number 111. Epie is found in Bayelsa nt Rivers. thats the language i speak. The list is not complete. In Bayelsa we have 5 major languages, and some of them are nt in the list Gud job sha

I think the OP only mentioned languages. Because in Edo state alone the Etsako people alone still have various dialects. kudos to the OP all the same
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 6:48am On Jun 01, 2016
Brother , Urhobo and Isoko are one. And this is evident because they both attend the same meetings. If we weren't one, it wouldn't be so. Its the isokos that like disunity.
fratermathy:

Urhobo is Edoid no doubts but your postulation on coming together with Bini and Esan may not work for various reasons.

For one, these languages, apart from Urhobo and Isoko, are mutually unintelligible in EVERY WAY. We don't greet the same way, we dont share similar words, we dont have similar sentence structures, etc
These languages, apart from Urhobo and Isoko, are culturally divergent. Esan and Bini subscribe to the Oba of Benin while Urhobo and Isoko only recognise his power but do not subscribe to him in any way. Culturally, as well, we dont have the same beliefs, common folklore, common modes of dressing, common religions, etc.

So, like I said, it would be like lumping in the tower of babel populace and forcing them to be one if Urhobo, Esan and Bini are to become one. However, Urhobo and Isoko can do this due to their striking similarity in language and cultural homogeneity. In this regards, I always argue that Urhobo and Isoko, rather than divide and become minorities, with Isoko being a micro-minority, should harmonise themselves and gazette their harmony so that they can become a formidable force in the South-South!

My 2kobo!
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by lordizak(m): 6:50am On Jun 01, 2016
GossipHeart:
The most successful, most educated, the tribe with the highest number of millionaires, the most peaceful tribe.

Guess what tribe

Ibos
Are u people even still Nigerians? and u guys are not no1 in terms of education. Thanks love.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 6:52am On Jun 01, 2016
Wow! you seem to know a lot about this. I don't know jack but I just know Okpe people are urhobos.
fratermathy:

Okpe kingdom is one of the highly revered and respected kingdom in Urhobo land. The Orodje of Okpe is a First Class monarch and one of the most influential monarchs in Delta State. Okpe people speak a distinct dialect of Urhobo that has striking similarities to Isoko. Their dialect is almost unintelligible to other Urhobo speakers but the average Okpe man can speak and understand central Agbarho Urhobo. Okpe kingdom encompasses Orerokpe, the traditional headquarters, through Amukpe and Aghalokpe, to Sapele, the commercial city of Okpe kingdom! Other major towns include Okuokoko and Osubi which are in the Warri Metropolis, Oha, Okuodiete, etc.

Ask me what you want to know about Okpe people if you are interested cheesy
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 7:01am On Jun 01, 2016
Lmao. you have killed the igbos.
UnimkeAk:

I can feel the arrogance you exuding from every pore of your body.

But calm your tits my broda.

I'm of the Bette tribe, Obudu to be precise.
And I can authoritatively say that that the is not a single igbo tribe in Cross River State.

We know u guys have refugee spirit of wandering about. Pls stop insulting ur host.

I tot u guys wer d lost tribe of Jews, cant you guys can just go back to isreal ??
Tnks

3 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2016
It was mentioned.. Epie
Miscellaneous:
op..... you didn't mention a tribe called "ekpeye" in rivers. I av only seen one girl from that tribe. She was beautiful but was too desperate to become my girlfriend. I loved her though but she always felt I have other girls even when I don't and so, we had a falling out before I made a move. Please, add them to your list on another occasion. Thanks
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by nkpommpko(m): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2016
300 More reasons why Nigerians must strive to be together. We can't have 300 tribes asking for self rule that will be a disaster
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Amberon11: 7:10am On Jun 01, 2016
I'm from Agbon and I didn't know we were a subgroup. I thought we were the real urhobos sad
fratermathy:

It is always very good to know one's tribe and culture. Anything about my people raises my curiosity and I want to know more. By the way, I love the Efiks and Ibibios alot cheesy. I am currently in one of your cities and your people are one exciting lot. I've learnt alot about the Eket, Annang, Oron, Ibibio, Efik, Qua, and Efut people.

Agbon is a subgroup of Urhobo. It is very close to the Agbarho central Urhobo dialect. Agbon is in Ethiope-East LGA of Delta State. We are ruled by a king known as Ovie of Agbon. The LGA headquarters is incidentally our traditional headquarters and that is a place called Isiokolo. The major towns include Okpara-Inland, Okpara-Waterside, Eku, Kokori, Ovu, Igun, Orhoakpor, etc. I am from Okpara-Inland.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2016
There's no Okpe, Igbanke, Ika,Agbor, Ijebu, Ilaja...
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by ppnye: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2016
You have started, is this a federal or personal compilation? Where did you sandwich the Ibani peoples of Bonny and Opobo Kingdoms. These kingdoms started the City States of the Niger Delta, levied wars, and entered into agreements with the British Crown. Didn't primary history tell you something about King Jaja of Opbo, Perekule of Bonny?
Amend ASAP
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by begwong: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2016
You listed some village names as tribes e. g MANCHOK in kaduna state and listed their tribe MORO'A which is correct.
Some tribes in plateau state are from Nasarawa state(Which is not represented here) e. g EGGON.
You also forgot the KAGOMA(GWONG) tribe in kaduna state which produced the late governor of blessed memory Sir PATRICK IBRAHIM YAKOWA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by lecturerdabo(m): 7:47am On Jun 01, 2016
Ok
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nigal72(f): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2016
nice1 mine is 117 Etuno IGARRA Akoko Edo in Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Wawawi: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2016
haan izon! izon kimi emi? proudly ijaw.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by chrisunak: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by josdain(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2016
Yalla is not found in Benue but Cross River. Tivs are also found in Nassarawa and very insignificant figure in Plateau. Good presentation. Nigerians should be aware that, its not only hausa, Igbo and Yoruba that are in the country as most think that the whole of North is Hausa

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / 4 Northern Nigeria Elites Whose Daughters Don’t Wear Hijab (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.