Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son (51390 Views)

Wasted Years / How I Foolishly Wasted 80k at a NightClub / Story: The Pastor Son (by: Miraclejohn) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by Princelegacylemoha(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
Really wasted years !!!! There is no life in CULTISM, nice work Ola, I wish every young people out there , will take a glance at your work !!!!
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Princelegacylemoha:
Really wasted years !!!! There is no life in CULTISM, nice work Ola, I wish every young people out there , will take a glance at your work !!!!
waoh,I'm elated,thanks so much princelegacy
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by andreawills96(f): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
princy80:
she don already help cynthia dey cry sef cool

BTW, me and you suppose get beef. wait make i check my list....

i talk am, we get beef so we no suppose dey gist. why you no wan complete the story

no dey whisper for my ear, explain to the whole house! cheesy
. I see enemies everywere, so somebody can't fit cry again bah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by daremiarchs(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
comman continue o
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
another update still dey come?
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
daremiarchs:
comman continue o

eosigwe:
another update still dey come?
daremiarchs:
comman continue o

another update will come not too long
Phemmyblaq007
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by silverdam(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
olanshile2016:

another update will come not too long
Phemmyblaq007
How long is your too long? I've even forgotten this story existed sef.
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by igbalodehunter(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
silverdam:
Ve 4gotten abt ds long time ago.
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
silverdam:

me sef grin

but seriously bro,pls message me on whatsapp gat some things to tell u
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
igbalodehunter:
Ve 4gotten abt ds long time ago.
my brother, I am sorry o will continue asap,sorry for the break in transmission

1 Like

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2016
and finally am here to complete this story, all my loyal readers sorry the break,it's simply inevitable

CHAPTER 25
“Micheal, what have you gotten yourself into now?” Mum asked in a teary voice, “despite all our admonitions, you have successfully tarnished the good name of your father, am ashamed of you micheal, people are pointing at me wherever I went as mother of cultist who couldn’t take care of her child, Micheal, this is too much for us, what have we done to you that made you to revenge by doing this, do you even know that your father has disowned you?. She said and wailed loudly as I stared at her blankly shifting around in pain
“Madam, please you’re disturbing other patients with your wailings”. A thin nurse with a funny intonation said rudely
I bit my lip as I am thinking about the thought of spending the next twelve years in confinement, my freedom of movement restricted, to associate restricted and the worst of it all spending those times amidst those hardened criminal who subjected new inmates to sufferings, I remembered all what I’ve to do after my service year, those four years wasted with nothing to show for it, the thought of my father disowning me also made me regretted joining a cult group. Cynthia also visited me crying hysterically during her visit, i felt a great pain knowing that I’ve lose that angelic girl already, but tears refused to come again cos I’ve shed a lot already,
“Hatchia” I sneezed with blood coming out of my nostril making the nurse to quickly stuffed some wools in my nose, and then give me an injection which made me to sleep almost immediately
The doctor told the police later in the night that I will be spending about a month and some weeks in the hospital before I will be fit to leave
My mum hold me crying on my chest, I felt the pain also but managed to keep a dry face,
‘hey boy, let’s go we’ve got no time to waste’ the prison officer beckoned to me as I moved toward the van taking me to the prison, the doctor try to pacify Mum as the car drove off.
I sat down silently thinking about my fate when the officer announced that we are already there, I came down using the clutch given to me at the hospital, I was fit as the regular pains have gone, butit’s like my right leg was badly affected
As I can’t walk with it, I sat down in the reception where I was given a pair of a light blue uniform, then I was moved into cell, I navigated around the room and saw about thirty men in the small room,I was happy that the inmates of the cell were old and some weak cos it saved me from the welcome torturing the rough criminals usually dished to new comers as am hearing screaming from new inmates in other cells,a bald headed man that should be around sixty years was the cell president,he summoned me in a husky voice
‘hey,universityboy,oya come here’ I was undaunted as I moved toward him,
‘what is your name and wetin carry you come here’ he bellowed in pidgin
I narrated everything to him as he listened attentively shaking his bald head at interval,
‘so you know as we dey do here,oya pay your entry fee to him” he said pointing to a short dark guy standing sitting on another lanky guy.i brought out one thousand naira notes and gave it to him,he hailed me and show it to others who in turn joined the hailing,he point to flat mattress,with a foul odour emanating from it
“fineboy,oya go and take that ‘fine’ bed in the vip corner”
“Fine bed”.i sat down on it thinking on how am going to spend the next coming years amidst these peoples. The sleeping position in the room was so stuffy that I could hardly lied down straight,infact some are sleeping in the sitting position .

“Make una stand upo,all of una sleepy head” a husky said accompany by the scratching of tin on the ground,I woke up with my eyes still heavy with sleep,I looked outside to the dark surroundings,IL
“oya IH move like this” a tribal faced warder said after opening the iron door,we moved out in a single file order,I heard the muslims praying in the prison mosque while we moved into the chapel where we worship till daybreak,though I refused to partook in any activities there.The hustle for water to bath was indeed a great war as all inmate have assembled in front of all the available taps in the yard,I spoke with a tough cellmate of mine who bring a bucket of water for me after much scampering and kicking,there is no proper bathroom for bathing,people are bathing on an open field without any shame of exposing their unclothedness,Ireluctantly joinedthem albeit I’m still wearing my under pant,after the wash,a malnourished poo-like beans was served, am still wondering how I will live on this food for those years until when I saw the guys rushing it even want to collect mine.
I met some my guys,uche and others,we chat about things,ranging from our experiences in our cells,what will planned to do on regaining our freedom which I avoided cos it is too early for such talk, we kept on talking till a warder shouted at us to go back to our cells
Days crawl into weeks to months and to years, it is now my fourth years in the prison, I was visited regularly by mum which is usually leads to purgation of hidden emotions,even father has visited twice in companyof my siblings.
All inmate are sitting around an elderly inmate who is a popular politician as he talks about his experiences and his politics antics when a warder entered the cell and ordered me to followed him
“you have a visitor” he said hurriedly and I followed him amidst hailings from my cellmate to bring something for them
I approached the visiting room to see a man carrying a baby with a woman,the woman facing another place so im unable to decipher who it is
“this is the person” the warder said making the woman turned to face me and alas it’s cynthia,,
“Micheal how are you doing,” she said as she embraced me
“micheal,long time o,how have you been,” the man said as he stretch his hand forward for an handshake
“this is femi,my husband’ Cynthia said slowly, “he’s also your long time friend that travelled abroad for his tertiary education,he recognised you when I showed him your pictures.” She concluded
I stared intently at femi to make sure its really him,he won a scholarship when we are in secondary school though I came second in the competition. I enslaved his hand with mine in a rib cracking handshake and talked about a lot of things till the warder I charged alerted us that our time his up. They dropped things like clothes,beverage and money as they are going which the warders eyed hungrily,thety collected their shares and I took the rest to my cell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by Missmossy(f): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
This story hasn't ended olanshile2016,Michael has ruined his life.

2 Likes

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by uanda(m): 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the update.
Is this really the end??
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
Missmossy:
This story hasn't ended olanshile2016,Michael has ruined his life.

yes, next chapter loading, thanks
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
uanda:
Thanks for the update. Is this really the end??
next chapter coming later today bro thanks
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by andreawills96(f): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mhen wonder the kind pain h
[/color][color=#000000]he felt seeing d love of his life married to his friend. Oya guy update
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by princy80(m): 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
olanshile2016:

yes, next chapter loading, thanks
Daddy, U Sabi Answer Question Ehhn. BTW What Took U So Long To Update This Piece?
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by princy80(m): 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
andreawills96:
Mhen wonder the kind pain h
[/color][color=#000000]he felt seeing d love of his life married to his friend. Oya guy update
Me Too, But It Seems Like The Pain Wasn't There
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2016
princy80:
Daddy, U Sabi Answer Question Ehhn. BTW What Took U So Long To Update This Piece?

bro,sorry I will post it asap,it has been typed
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2016
HAPTER 26
The whole arena really signified that a important personality is definitely visiting the prison today as fierce looking men of the Nigeria mobile police were patrolling up and down the place, some in thieir van while some are on power bike,the whole prison yard had been allocated to different cells who in turn cleaned it, even the always dirty cells are also cleaned, the bushes in the open field in the compound was thoroughly cut, all because the new elected governor who is on his familiarization tour has choose to visit the prison.
The roaring sound of the helicopters approaching the open field made all my cellmate to stand up rushing to the door all peeping outside shouting loudly. The prison officer moved briskly toward the landed chopper in their well starched uniform,after a brief introduction there,the all crowd went to the hall where refreshment was made available followed by the governor’s tour around the cells,he reached our cells and talked for a little bit amidst the loud hailings of the inmates,I just sat In a corner with the elderly politician in our cell refusing to join the fanfare maybe its because of cynthia’s issue am thinking about. The governor finally departed from the prison at around 5:00pm that day.
Throughout the week the issue of the governor’s visit was the matter revolving in the cells,the prison officials assembled us and told us that the governor has decided to free 50 inmates due to overcrowding,he disperse us telling us that the lucky ones will be contact asap. The issue was well received among the inmates as they gave the governor a round of applause.
We are taking turn to play ludo around 9:00pm the next day when a warder shouted my name and that of the cell president from outside, fear got the better part of me as different evil thought begin to form in my head while the cell president was non-charlant about the whole thing as he followed the warder,I saw a lot of inmates in the large all having the askance look on their face,
‘is this all of them’ the prison director asked in his deep voice
‘yes sir,they are fifty sir’ the warder replied in his military-like way,as he mentioned fifty, my mind raced back to the earlier announcement on the assembly, I hold my heart which is already beating furiously and prayed it’s what am thinking.
‘alright,” the director cleared his voice and continued, “ the fact that you’re among the lucky fifty inmate to be released doesn’t …………,”. And that was all the boys need to hear as tears of joy started to fall from my eyes,I pinched my self severally to make sure I was’nt dreaming and indeed its not a dream,its really happening. It took the involvement of brutal handling before the noise was finally stopped by the boys.After admonitions from the prison’s chaplain and imam on how we are to behave on getting outside and prayers, we are declared freed and refreshment followed till early morning. Immediately the time signified 5:00am,guys started trooping back to the cells to bade their friends farewell,I went back there and gave out all my loads there out to uche and co who wept and embraced me closely for a long time.
With my bushy hair and unkempt beards, I went out of the prison and looked back at the gate and the walking stick in my hand and a drop of hot tears escaped from my eyes, I was at lost as where to go to as mum had told me that dad said he has disowned me after the incident though he visited me twice in the prison albeit sluggishly,I thought of going to femi my friend but the thought of seeing cynthia there discouraged me from doing so,I remembered all this pain I’ve caused my family through my insensitiveness and burst into tear, I was still walking aimlessly around when I noticed a black car reversing towards me, I stopped and waited for the occupant came out and it was my former lecturer Mr kelvin,a member of our parish
‘micheal,is this you’ he said rushing closer to me and held me in a tight embrace,he motioned me to enter the car, I met her daughter Mercy,my former girlfriend inside the car,she greeted me and I murmured my reply,her father told me that he’s coming from the airport where he had gone to pick her on her return from canada after her masters degree.
I was lost in thought on what to do after a thorough cleaning in the room given to me by my host when mr. kelvin entered the room in company of Mercy,he sat down on the foot of the mahogany bed and admonished me to forget about the past and forge ahead to redeem those wasted years,he counted me lucky among all my friends who died while some are still behind the bar.He promised to talk to appeal to my dad and make sure he accepted me again. His word lifted mood an I thanked him for all his effort, he asked me if I will like to go back to school, I answered positively and he promised me to fix me into a university in the neighbouring state,he said and leave the room but his daughter still remain perched on her seat,I was timid and tongue tied but she cleared the silence and started throwing questions at me,she wanted to know how I joined the cult group,how I was sent to prison and all others,infact she wanted to know about everything,I was emotionally strucked during the course of the narration and she brought out an handkerchief and used it to clean my face and said some soothing words to me. Some minutes later, she suggested that I should go to the saloon to have a cut and shavem, I gladly obliged and entered the car with her on the wheel, she drove me there waiting outside, I checked my new impressive look after the bush was cleared off my head and went outside to meet her, she commended on my look and I smiled wryly.

******************************************************************************* I dressed in one of the new clothes purchased for me by Mercy,we are going to church today and my father’s church to be precise, I was jittery and had declined when Mr. kelvin first suggested it, but after delivering his long epistle of advice urging me to be strong and not allowed the thought of embarrassment from the church members to discouraged me. I sat in the backseat and regurgitate on the issue of Mercy,the girl I’ve dropped and forgot about who has now turn to be my succour………
‘get down now’ I heard Mercy’s voice. I looked around and saw that we are already in the church premises, I also noticed a lot of changes that have occurred in the church. Peoples especially blessing’s friend are rushing out to greet her but they all stopped abruptly on sighting me, I thought it was a sort of stigmatization but they all shouted my name rushing to greeted me, the noise had attracted the attention of the people inside the church as they rushed outside to see what’s going on only to be surprised on seeing me, My siblings jumped on me happily even my brother james felicitated with me, my mother hold on to me sobbing quietly while father stood at the church entrance looking sadly,I trudged slowly leaving the crowd and walked up to my father and throw myself silently at his feet weeping oceans,he looked at me for a long time trying to hold back his tears,I know deep inside me that I’ve wronged him greatly. At last he raised me up and told me how disappointed he was and how embarrassed he was but he had decided to let it go meaning that I’ve been forgiven, I hugged him tightly and cried a lot on his shoulder.He asked the assistant pastors to carry on with the service as he’s emotionally unfit to do so,we spent a lot of time talking about how I got out of the prison and all others.
Mr. kelvin came to our house that day to tell me that I’ve been offered to study guidance and counsellor in a prestigious university in another state which is coincidentally my junior brother’s school,I received a great support from my parent as I did the processing in a lightening speed.
I spent my four years in the school and manage to solidfy my relationship with mercy,I also visited uche and others in the prison,uche is getting leaner each day, I bought them things and bribed the warders to take him to the clinic for treatment,I passed out with first class and posted for my NYSC program in the same state and same school, after the one year program,I was recruited by the school.A party was organised for me by my siblings and mr. kelvin family to marked the good turning out of things, I proposed openly to mercy that night to which she accepted in an elated way. Some days later, I received a call from someone in the prison telling me about uche’s death,I cried for the man and promised to campaign frantically against the dream-killer called cultism. I set up a guidance and counselling organisation which is organising seminars,syposium and offered counselling service to student,indeed cultism is a dream killer but am happy I had the second chance and I came, saw and conque

3 Likes

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
EPILOGUE
The 8,000 seater Obafemi Awolowo memorial hall was filled to the brim as both the students and the lecturers listened attentatively to the great counsellor , Dr. Micheal kingsley who is telling them the story of his life.
Tears drops from the students eyes as they listened to the pathetic story that include the death of many promising youths,silence reigns in the hall save for the flickerings of camera from the mass media present there
“Remember that you all have got a bright and promising future, don’t indulge in any dream killing activity because you might not be lucky to have a second chance, thanks for listening,” the counsellor finished and dropped the microphone. A thunderous round of applaused followed the action as about 30 student came out to the podium to denounce their cultisit identity.
Dr mcheal got emotional seeing this at his alma mata and was petted by this wife,Mrs Mercy kingsley,with his white walking stick and his golden rimmed glasses on,he went out of the hall accompanied by officials of his alma mater and droved after several interviews from the press and drove away and the students followed the suit with the story lingering in their heart as they went to their various home

THE END
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
this story has finally ended despite all odds
thanks to all avid reader of this works
to
yinks89
igbalodehunter
deo7
princy80
princelegacylemoha
eniqurl
missmossy
Iphekitan
Ozila
Uanda
nairaschool01
andreaswill96
olatex25
eosigwe
silverdam
jessysparkles
tunderay
bibijay123
Larrysun
antonineneutron
sirfolabi
anniebabe
mystic70563
mofy1
tpave
cogs
jtofineme
mospring
tellemall
Peterpan007
yhungbrowhne
destiny4fame
Oyinprince

and all others I say a big THANK YOU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by remiseyi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
Bless you for this piece olanshile2016
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
remiseyi:
Bless you for this piece olanshile2016
thanks so much bro

1 Like

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by remiseyi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
olanshile2016:
thanks so much bro
You welcome
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olatex25(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
Glory be to God... Job weldone bro, even it tuk u a decade to round it up. Weldone once again, may God increase ur wisdom.
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
olatex25:
Glory be to God... Job weldone bro, even it tuk u a decade to round it up. Weldone once again, may God increase ur wisdom.

lol at decade
thanks so much bro

1 Like

Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by Matrycx(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
gudwork bro, lots of tinz to learn frm it, GOD bless
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Matrycx:
gudwork bro, lots of tinz to learn frm it, GOD bless

Amen bro,thanks
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by bummybummy(f): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
nyc nd gud endn, gud wrk bro. Kip it up
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by olanshile2016(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
bummybummy:
nyc nd gud endn, gud wrk bro. Kip it up

thanks sis
Re: WASTED YEARS:the Ordeal Of A Pastor's Son by tunderay(m): 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
What a sweet story. Olanshile, you are the bomb. I can but only say more grease to your elbow. Welldone bro. Hope to read another sweet story from you bro. just give me a mention.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Married To A Fink / Secrets And Scandals / Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.