Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair (44221 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / I Told My Female Friend That I Found Who To Marry And She's Now Angry With Me. / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Mediapace: 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nothing really,twas jez funny to me cheesy
Ishilove:

What's funny about it?

and @bukatyne you said "As someone also said, what makes you think the barber is not possessed and do you pack your shaved hair from the saloon?"

Me i always pack all my hair remainant when am true with barbing,no barber for take my hair
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by tosinjay(m): 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:
Like he said, one man's meat is another man's poison. If his wife saw reasons why she had to cut her hair, who are we to judge? It's their marriage so whatever works for them.

I personally will NOT cut my hair because of God2man's reasons because a woman's hair is her crowning glory. I do not fix attachments and the only artificial thing I do with my hair is relax it with relaxers. I have fairly long hair so I can do virtually all styles with my natural hair so I have no need for attachments. I'm a black woman, I don't need to fix fake hair to my head to look like a caucasian.

What I do is I anoint my head and pray that any polluted hand that wants to touch my hair should reject the head. I tell my head "you my head/hair, reject bewitchment, in the mighty name of Jesus!" My prayers over my head have always worked for me and not once have this head of mine being polluted because it is carrying fire. cheesy cheesy

Prayer and the grace for spiritual discernment is the way to combat demonic pollution, not outright cutting of the hair. Mbanu! If however you don't have energy then kuku cut the hair.

That's my hair below. 100% natural grin
Aunty Ishi why are you not using attachments etc?

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Mintayo(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lol. Funny thread.
See as people dey Condemn, and abuse the op.
I understand you perfectly dear op, lool.
But my issue with you is the cutting of your wife's Natural hair? Why? I understand that you don't want her to use attachment etc, which I do support also, but her natural hair.? Ogini.?
There are so many beautiful styles she can make with her own hair, as in nice styles.
Anyways, since your wife agreed, to your tent oh Israel.
And please don't mind the naysayers, lol, Jesus said, they have eyes, yet they can't see, ears, yet they can't hear. If only some people's eyes can just be opened for some minutes, then they would know what's up.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
God2man:

MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING . You may have money but not a home.
Money does not make a good home.
Love does.
Thank you.
THIS is usually a poor man's line to make themselves feel good

Mr man first make money first before you know whether money is every thing or not. As a matter of fact it's even the wealthy people that have the justification to say MONEY is not everything because they've experienced what it is like to have a fat pocket

So your consolation line of money isn't EVERY thing to soothe your self is self delusion.my dear make money and even your brain and poor man reasoning will change because the veil of poverty that breeds ignorance have been pulled off your face

Illiterate clown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Ishilove: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
tosinjay:

Aunty Ishi why are you not using attachments etc?
I can't pinpoint exactly why. Years back I felt a conviction in my spirit to stop, and I obeyed it.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by AlexzStructure(m): 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
Thank you Sir....
But many wnt accept this truth...
The woman's hair is her glory, bro, did the Bible say attachment is a woman's glory?
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by tosinjay(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I can't pinpoint exactly why. Years back I felt a conviction in my spirit to stop, and I obeyed it.
Ok you felt a conviction, what inspired the conviction. Sometimes things we read or listen to inspires our mind after we've had deep thinking. What was it that did that?
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Ishilove: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
tosinjay:

Ok you felt a conviction, what inspired the conviction. Sometimes things we read or listen to inspires our mind after we've had deep thinking. What was it that did that?
I didn't read or listen to anything. I just woke up one day and felt the need to stop fixing hair extensions.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by God2man(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
priscaoge:

Mr I don't need to read it 1million times to know if it's dumb or not! IT IS THE DUMBEST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No offense but that's my opinion. Goodnight!

Enumerate 1 or 2 reasons why it is the dumbest post.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by graphiti: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
ladyF:

*sigh* what is wrong with diversity? I'm not saying spend over 50k to buy weavon, no, that's not my point. If your wife is preparing okro soup for you every day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, you no go tire?

Sometimes we let out our hair that we suffered to grow, sometimes we fix, sometimes we braid, sometimes we do chukwu or basket or all back, but demanding that a woman cuts her hair because of demons, nah, that's wrong on all levels. angry

Kk. Noted

Hahahahahahahaha... d underlined got me rotf.
"shuku" u meant. "Chukwu" na God 4 east o!
Lolz
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by tosinjay(m): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I didn't read or listen to anything. I just woke up one day and felt the need to stop fixing hair extensions.
Ok oo, actually for the reason the op gave, it won't convince a degenerated being. Only a regenerated person would understand however keeping a low cut is not right. But Aunty Ishi using relaxer is still not better oo. Na same thing, helps to straighten the hair, it's Biblically wrong too!!
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Ewuro4: 11:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Whatever works for your family...

Sambarry , you crack me up lol

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nuella222(f): 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op I not only fix hair, I fix eye lash and nails. cool. My husband chooses when he want my hair long, curve, braid, curl etc wink, so u see...do ur thing with ur wife and let me and my hubby do our thing too.

Afterall is not a crime to keep on trying to be as beautiful as Blessed virgin Mary.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ewuro4:
Whatever works for your family...

Sambarry , you crack me up lol
o yes o bitterleaf wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by 5minsmadness: 12:29am On Jun 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
HOW ARE you cutie grin
I'm bam o madam! How's little wura grin
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmmm I didn't think men like this existed, you are too primitive, it's your kind we don't want as leaders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by cococandy(f): 12:38am On Jun 02, 2016
God2man:

A retardd will never tell you that a dead woman's' hair from India can cause a great havoc.

Think about it.
great havoc like cancer and all those other ridiculous things you typed there?

May superstition not harm us. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nyceguy92: 3:37am On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=God2man post=46158601]

I tire for this philosophical excursion on women's hairdo.
It is obvious from the initial reluctance that your wife did not want to cut her hair; you forced her.

Did you do it out sheer dislike for weaves and attachments or for economic reasons?
Most women who cut their hair usually have peculiar reasons for that, not out of choice.

Just as men are obsessed with carving their beard and mustaches to a pencil line, so do women want to look good.
Even White ladies wear weaves, but you won't know unless you are told.

The notion of demons initiating women through their hair is very tenuous.
It reminds one of those elementary poorly scripted Nollywood movies.
Please change.

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 6:36am On Jun 02, 2016
5minsmadness:

I'm bam o madam! How's little wura grin
she's good grin

On her way to school. She's just proving stubborn this morning. Doesn't want to wear the socks she usually wears to school. She wants to wear the lace one. cheesy
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by bukatyne(f): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2016
Mediapace:
Nothing really,twas jez funny to me cheesy

and @bukatyne you said "As someone also said, what makes you think the barber is not possessed and do you pack your shaved hair from the saloon?"

Me i always pack all my hair remainant when am true with barbing,no barber for take my hair

@Bold:

Really?

Wateva rocks your canoe.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by indie22(f): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2016
God2man:

I have a job.

You call it mindless. You know what mindlessness is, a woman use her hard earned money to purchase an attachment of about #35000,
Then she begins to scratch her head on the road like a physco.

Is it your money??

Why don't you worry about yourself and your own life problems and leave other people be.

People work hard for their possessions in life, don't try and make others feel bad for making the most of their lives and doing what makes them happy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by God2man(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2016
God2man:
Your hair style may cause hair loss.
Study
May 5, 2016.

Jonathan Zovoe

Certain hair styles may cause hair loss,
a new research has suggested.

19 Studies were reviewed by a team of researchers from Johns Hopkins School of medicine in Baltimore and published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, found a relationship between scalp pulling hair styles and gradual hair loss.

The research says it is common among African and African American women. Their hair styles causes damage to the hair follicle because of tension at the hair root.

It also determine that chemical straightening of hair increases the damage caused by these hair styles.
The hair begins to break because the shaft of the hair would have become weakened.

Extension, especially those which adhesive is applied directly to the scalp can also damage hair, leading to hair loss.

The research also added that use of straighteners on the hair, such as blow drying and use of flat irons, could also weakened the hair leading to thinning and balding.

A Professor of dermatology at Hopkins, Dr. Crystal Aguh, in a University news release said "some hair styles meant to boot our self confidence lead to hair loss and scalp damage".

Aguh said, " Hair is a cornerstone of self esteem and identity for many people but ironically, some hair styles meant to improve our self confidence actually lead to hair and scalp damage"

The researchers advised that extensions should be removed after six to eight weeks and braided hairstyles should not last longer two to three months.

However, untreated hair was found to be better at sustaining damage done to it during styling.

Let's examine this bad effect. The spiritual consequence is one thing, the physical aspect is unhealthy.

Forcing it on women is not the issue but the acceptance of the natural hair.

People should not argue without facts, state your reasons, I will show the truth.

We should be able to draw a line between what is good for the body and what is bad.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Talk2nanro(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2016
Talk2nanro:
the bible clearly states that women should not braid or plait their hairs. 1 Timothy 2 vs 8-10 and 1 peter 3 vs 3-4

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
God2man:

Let's examine this bad effect. The spiritual consequence is one thing, the physical aspect is unhealthy.

Forcing it on women is not the issue but the acceptance of the natural hair.

People should not argue without facts, state your reasons, I will show the truth.

We should be able to draw a line between what is good for the body and what is bad.

I dont take the likes of you seriously because you are all hypocrites. You all are the modern day pharisees. I can bet that if jesus christ was here listening to you preach, he will shake his head and call you out the same way he severely criticized the pharisees. Jesus kept calling them hypocrites. Do you know who the pharisees are? the pharisees did exactly what your likes are doing, creating unnecessary burdens, stringent man- made laws and were fond of emphasizing on issues that did not matter. Jesus told them that the prostitutes and tax collectors they condemn are ahead of them in the kingdom of God.Do you know what that means? Think about it. Go and read the books of luke, matthew and john very well to understand the kind of person jesus christ is.

You keep mentioning demons, demons, demons. Why are you afraid of demons? Why must everything be attributed to demons? i have noticed that people who show such morbid fear of demons usually are involved with demons. people who contact fortune tellers, fake men of God involved in witchcraft. Yes! Anybody who is very observant knows this. As a true servant of God, you are expected not to have such fear of demons. It shows you have strong faith in God and believe he is capable of protecting you. God has warned us to stay away from demons therefore if your hands are truly clean, you will not make so much noise about demons. In case, you are not aware, satan uses your weaknesses(fear of demons) to hunt you down!

Now if your likes are really serious about going natural, there are many things you all have not considered. When God created adam and eve, they were naked. Why dont your likes go naked? or at least use leaves to dress up yourselves? why wear the same western clothes? the cut and sew shirt and trousers you wear, are they not from the western world? why live in man made houses? why not in caves or rocks?

You claim we should be no part of the world, therefore stay away from anything civilisation. why should you use the phone to access the internet? You lots have mellowed in the use of T.V? why? You all must have realised the importance of T.V right? Your women either cut their hair or mostly used threads and wool to style their hair. Have you not thought that those items are still regarded as attachments? what is an attachment? answer it yourself. You see where your hypocrisy oozes?

Now you committed a huge blunder by forcing your wife to cut her hair without using scriptural backing when the same bible says the hair of a woman is her honor in 1 corinth 11 vs 14 and 15. This is the part where jesus christ will really criticize you like the pharisees. the hair on a woman's head is a part of her, her glory, her honor. why force her to cut it?

Until your likes follow your own laws intoto and learn to back them up thoroughly with the bible, you will continue to disgrace christianity and no one will take you seriously.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by armyofone(m): 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
grin grin true talk...maybe he doesn't want duplicates or pay double. Wifey must be cheaper now grin

That command was an expensive one...he didn't even say it lovingly shocked

6 witches doing hair grin such cauldron !!

MadCow1:

Its his type of Nigga that would be fhucking one skank on the side who has longass fake & cheap Brazilian weaves and extensions, dresses in tights and tubes, wears pumps with 6 inch heels and is made-up to look like a 1 dollar hoe.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by God2man(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sophyrocks:

I dont take the likes of you seriously because you are all hypocrites. You all are the modern day pharisees. I can bet that if jesus christ was here listening to you preach, he will shake his head and call you out the same way he severely criticized the pharisees. Jesus kept calling them hypocrites. Do you know who the pharisees are? the pharisees did exactly what your likes are doing, creating unnecessary burdens, stringent man- made laws and were fond of emphasizing on issues that did not matter. Jesus told them that the prostitutes and tax collectors they condemn are ahead of them in the kingdom of God.Do you know what that means? Think about it. Go and read the books of luke, matthew and john very well to understand the kind of person jesus christ is.

You keep mentioning demons, demons, demons. Why are you afraid of demons? Why must everything be attributed to demons? i have noticed that people who show such morbid fear of demons usually are involved with demons. people who contact fortune tellers, fake men of God involved in witchcraft. Yes! Anybody who is very observant knows this. As a true servant of God, you are expected not to have such fear of demons. It shows you have strong faith in God and believe he is capable of protecting you. God has warned us to stay away from demons therefore if your hands are truly clean, you will not make so much noise about demons. In case, you are not aware, satan uses your weaknesses(fear of demons) to hunt you down!

Now if your likes are really serious about going natural, there are many things you all have not considered. When God created adam and eve, they were naked. Why dont your likes go naked? or at least use leaves to dress up yourselves? why wear the same western clothes? the cut and sew shirt and trousers you wear, are they not from the western world? why live in man made houses? why not in caves or rocks?

You claim we should be no part of the world, therefore stay away from anything civilisation. why should you use the phone to access the internet? You lots have mellowed in the use of T.V? why? You all must have realised the importance of T.V right? Your women either cut their hair or mostly used threads and wool to style their hair. Have you not thought that those items are still regarded as attachments? what is an attachment? answer it yourself. You see where your hypocrisy oozes?

Now you committed a huge blunder by forcing your wife to cut her hair without using scriptural backing when the same bible says the hair of a woman is her honor in 1 corinth 11 vs 14 and 15. This is the part where jesus christ will really criticize you like the pharisees. the hair on a woman's head is a part of her, her glory, her honor. why force her to cut it?

Until your likes follow your own laws intoto and learn to back them up thoroughly with the bible, you will continue to disgrace christianity and no one will take you seriously.

You have totally digressed from the main purpose of the post.

Cutting the hair is not to become bald but to keep us from spiritual defilement.

If you are forced to do something and you don't like it you reject it.

What we are saying here is to accept the natural hair God has given us.. Appreciate the natural hair, that's all.

Why are you passing judgement on me by calling me hypocrites?

Take it easy.

Passing judgement on me by calling me names will not allow you to understand the purpose of the post.

You seem to be angry.

Be calm.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
God2man:

Cutting the hair is not to become bald but to keep us from spiritual defilement.

What we are saying here is to accept the natural hair God has given us.. Appreciate the natural hair, that's all.

Take it easy.

Passing judgement on me by calling me names will not allow you to understand the purpose of the post.

You seem to be angry.

Be calm.

Your post has no purpose! It is pure balderdash. Your post is here to promote morbid fear of demons, does not encourage one to have faith and it is here to continue from where the pharisees stopped.

And where does it say in the bible that defilement can be avoided when one's hair is cut? Where? can you prove it? Of course NO! That is my point. You believe the hair encourages defilement but the bible says it is honor and glory to a woman. So where do you stand?:For the bible or against? are you a christian at all?

In your post, it is clear YOU FORCED YOUR WIFE TO CUT HER HAIR. YOU DID NOT MAKE IT A MATTER OF CHOICE. So what you are saying here as reply is nothing. You never encouraged your wife to appreciate her natural hair
You forced her to cut it so be straightforward. You are not consistent. You are confused. I am sure your wife is a victim of verbal and physical domestic violence because i cannot believe you are alright upstairs to create this type of post.

You have already passed judgements on all women who do not share your beliefs in your post mr man. Go and read what you typed. Your post reeks of overrighteousness which the bible condemns. remove the log of wood from your eyes before removing the rafter from others. That is what jesus will tell you.

I am not angry. I am only calling spade a spade which will be too bitter for you to swallow. You obviously have absolutely nothing to say so like i said, Go and read the books of luke, john and matthew to understand the sort of person jesus is. Once you understand who he is, then you can know how a christian should be and what he/she should be more concerned about.

Final advice: See a psychiatrist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by yetseyi(f): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
God2man I agree with you, though I think one can decide make the natural hair without any sort of attachments or be on low cut. Although I must admit some people find short natural hair easier to manage.

Why are people criticizing the OP, I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and besides he is right on all the spiritual stuff he talked about. It takes a discerning mind to know this,everyone cant be ignorant of somethings.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by chycheery(f): 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
eyinjuege:
Please, everyone should just face their front, and their race.

Your salvation CAN NEVER save that your precious child or wife or husband.
It has never been by works anyway.

The deepest part of hell is reserved for hypocrites who come out to claim righteousness, and throw stones at those who don't keep natural hair, but would go back in cheesy the confines of their room to sleep and commit fornication, adultery with that other person in the choir.
Chop and clean mouth method.
Same people have no qualms of taking by crook/fraud what belongs to someone else, no qualms about carrying expo and cheating in exams claiming heaven help those who help themselves.

Just Kwontinu

nice one
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Long time sweet. How have you been grin

As per your post take 5 grin
Sophyrocks:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sophyrocks:

Your post has no purpose! It is pure balderdash. Your post is here to promote morbid fear of demons, does not encourage one to have faith and it is here to continue from where the pharisees stopped.

And where does it say in the bible that defilement can be avoided when one's hair is cut? Where? can you prove it? Of course NO! That is my point. You believe the hair encourages defilement but the bible says it is honor and glory to a woman. So where do you stand?:For the bible or against? are you a christian at all?

In your post, it is clear YOU FORCED YOUR WIFE TO CUT HER HAIR. YOU DID NOT MAKE IT A MATTER OF CHOICE. So what you are saying here as reply is nothing. You never encouraged your wife to appreciate her natural hair
You forced her to cut it so be straightforward. You are not consistent. You are confused. I am sure your wife is a victim of verbal and physical domestic violence because i cannot believe you are alright upstairs to create this type of post.

You have already passed judgements on all women who do not share your beliefs in your post mr man. Go and read what you typed. Your post reeks of overrighteousness which the bible condemns. remove the log of wood from your eyes before removing the rafter from others. That is what jesus will tell you.

I am not angry. I am only calling spade a spade which will be too bitter for you to swallow. You obviously have absolutely nothing to say so like i said, Go and read the books of luke, john and matthew to understand the sort of person jesus is. Once you understand who he is, then you can know how a christian should be and what he/she should be more concerned about.

FINAL ADVICE: SEE A PSYCHIATRIST.
grin grin

Op is suffering from psychosis.he's also delusional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pastor pastor

Oro 're sumi
God2man:

Take it easy.

You seem to be angry.

Be calm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Batters His Wife Of 10 Years In Port-Harcourt. PICS / On Behalf Of Every Man, Here Are Things We Want Our Wives To Stop Doing / US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.