Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Console Gaming Is Too Expensive! - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Console Gaming Is Too Expensive! (791 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Console Gaming Is Too Expensive! by ngomaichi: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2016
I'm having a look at the games on consoles and they're all £55+, the price never seems to go down. I saw Dragon age for £65!!!!!!! Wtf? It was the normal edition too, then the advertised Far Cry 4 and Ass Creed Unity games were £70, you have to search further for the normal £55 ones which you get screwed out of content for.(bike racing games free)

What is going on? I thought this would be the digital generation? They charge a premium for it, at retail DA is £40, Far Cry 4 is £45 and Ass Creed is £45 as well. Yet Rocksmith which is a game I want to upgrade to is £55 base, no option to buy it without the real tone cable unless you get it on the digital store, where the price is the same!

Then I also think that you have to pay £40 a year, I've had to shell out on extra storage for all my consoles this time around because the ones they pack in with the consoles are just too damn slow! It is like £50 for extra controllers, which btw I had to buy on the PS4 as the battery life is too low.

These are not cheap machines like many people seem to suggest.
http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/pop-ringtones-free

I have a PC, I'm always going to have a PC for work/internet and every single person I know out there has a PC or Laptop as well. So when I think about it, all I need to do to make a PC into a gaming rig is whack a new GPU in there. So to make my PC play games, I put a 750ti in there and that outperforms both consoles for £80-100. Benchmarks show that the CPU doesn't really matter all that much these days and ram doesn't impact performance either, it is all GPU.

Then when I look at the games, I can find all these games digitally for half the price on PC and generally places like Amazon have retail copies for around £22 on average as well. The most expensive store on the PC is Origin and Origin only games are a pain in the neck, but even then I can find Dragon Age for £28, that is among the highest prices on the PC.

Most of the time I wait 3 months later to find the game on sale for £10 on a Steam Christmas sale or something. I remember getting Far Cry 3 the Christmas after release for £5! That isn't even mentioning selling CS, TF2 or Dota 2 weapons on the Steam store. The other month I got a drop and sold it for £53 and bought games with it! Essentially that is free...

Then you factor in all the F2P games on PC and the fact there is no subscription to play games online or use basic features which Microsoft and Sony lock behind their pay wall. I think it is just a scam tbh, they claim they give you value, really they give you "free" games you couldn't care less about, I say it like that because you need to subscribe to be able to play them. The deals they give you are just what the game would cost at retail at launch lol...

I've just gotten back into console gaming this gen after giving the last one a miss for the most part. These consoles are costing me far more money than my PC... I find console gaming to be a rip off unless you're into Nintendo, which they actually sell their games at a reasonable price.
Tags : board games online

(1) (Reply)

Break This Code / Nigeria Prison Service Test / Ps Vita For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.