Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,625 members, 7,801,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Honesty In Nigeria Tribes - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Honesty In Nigeria Tribes (1601 Views)

Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable / Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2016
I only stayed in the North one year duing nysc but I loved the average lifestyle of the Northerner,their simplicity,honesty, am not writing to spite other tribes but I think they are the most honest people in Nigeria,why am I saying this;I work with one man from the west who is also the company driver he has access to the warehouse in the boss house where we park goods,he didn't know I do take stock of goods that goes out for supply,he would go behind my back tell security guy that we had a supply pack the goods and then sell and pocket the money. When I found out a about the shortage,I asked him and he denied,I kept asking him,he was like I should stop asking him that what kind of embarrassment is that then I reported the matter to boss,the man was so furious and when he drilled him he later confessed of taking out more than 100 bags worth more than a million.
Why did I start writing this,I am writing this because of musa[not real name]the young hausa guy who keeps charge of the boss house. my boss lives abroad with his family and even he comes back does not really stay in that house,the house is in one of the most expensive estate here in lagos,there are cars packed in the compound. The beautiful house overlooking the cool breeze of the sea is virtually unoccupied throughout the year and only musa leaves there at the bq.
One day,when we were going for supply,I said musa you are enjoying o,in my mind I was reflecting what if is other Nigeria tribes they left this house with all the properties,the cars and especially this range rover jeep for. I am not saying other Nigeria tribes are not honest but the average northerner is not greedy.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by ever811(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2016
eemmmmn.. well,..leme say u are right to some extend. but there is a particular tribe from Israel,who tops the chat in Nigeria...I no mention any name ooooo
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by ever811(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2016
eemmmmn.. well,..leme say u are right to some extend. but there is a particular tribe from Israel,who tops the chat in Nigeria...I no mention any name ooooo make person no enter street to protest for my head.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=ever811 post=46166460]eemmmmn.. well,..leme say u are right to some extend. but there is a particular tribe from Israel,who tops the chat in Nigeria...I no mention any name ooooo make person no enter street to protest for my head. [/quote

Israel in Nigeria?you not serious lol.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Firmjudge(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
i am proud to be a northerner.

a family friend came visiting from lagos 2weeks ago for a business meeting and on his way back to our house he decided to get himself a charger.
he then forgot his phone at the guys shop and it was late around 8:30 or so.

when he got home he wanted to charge his phone
he then realised he has lost his phone but dont know where he started screaming.

we enquired and he told us what happened we simply laughed and ask him to go back and ask the northerner who owns the shop if he saw any phone.

he was arguing with us that its not possible to retrieve the phone he left after 1 hour of telling us tales of lagos blah blah and came back with his phone he was surprised.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Generalkorex(m): 11:00am On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=tocutie post=46166831][/quote]
this is a reply to ur post on a closed thread contact Lagos state office of the public defender 08129460250
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by chukzyblingz(m): 1:07am On Jul 02, 2016
tocutie:
I only stayed in the North one year duing nysc but I loved the average lifestyle of the Northerner,their simplicity,honesty, am not writing to spite other tribes but I think they are the most honest people in Nigeria,why am I saying this;I work with one man from the west who is also the company driver he has access to the warehouse in the boss house where we park goods,he didn't know I do take stock of goods that goes out for supply,he would go behind my back tell security guy that we had a supply pack the goods and then sell and pocket the money. When I found out a about the shortage,I asked him and he denied,I kept asking him,he was like I should stop asking him that what kind of embarrassment is that then I reported the matter to boss,the man was so furious and when he drilled him he later confessed of taking out more than 100 bags worth more than a million.
Why did I start writing this,I am writing this because of musa[not real name]the young hausa guy who keeps charge of the boss house. my boss lives abroad with his family and even he comes back does not really stay in that house,the house is in one of the most expensive estate here in lagos,there are cars packed in the compound. The beautiful house overlooking the cool breeze of the sea is virtually unoccupied throughout the year and only musa leaves there at the bq.
One day,when we were going for supply,I said musa you are enjoying o,in my mind I was reflecting what if is other Nigeria tribes they left this house with all the properties,the cars and especially this range rover jeep for. I am not saying other Nigeria tribes are not honest but the average northerner is not greedy.
Tales, I prefer living with hundred thieves to a northerner .
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 02, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Tales, I prefer living with hundred thieves to a northerner .

May God make it so smiley

But i guess the only reason a person would make such a statement is if he were a thief himself.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by chukzyblingz(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

May God make it so smiley

But i guess the only reason a person would make such a statement is if he were a thief himself.
I'm neither going to live with a thief no a northerner, but if I was to choose, I know who to choose. May God punish you with 100 Boko Haram Northerners for commenting nonsense on my post.
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I'm neither going to live with a thief no a northerner, but if I was to choose, I know who to choose. May God punish you with 100 Boko Haram Northerners for commenting nonsense on my post.

I never claimed to prefer Boko Haram over a certain group of people so how will that punishment apply to me? But if you're referring to all Northerners like myself as Boko Haram then theres no need for alarm, nor will it be a punishment at all since by your logic I too am "Boko Haram".
Re: Honesty In Nigeria Tribes by emmanuelbrown26: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
Eyo @op, the fact still remain that among all tribes in Nigeria in terms of honest nwanem (my broda) i give it to north, forget about all dis their politicians spoiling their name, i hv met and traveled around naija and beyond. For ur information am from imo state, isiala mbano LGA, INFACT in Imo state if u give ur shoe to northern man to repair, if he collects 20naira be rest assured dat onye Igbo Ibem (my fellow igbo broda) will charge u times 3, from there, i can go on and on, or is it when i first traveled out of naija wat my kinsmen did to me, menhhh i no fit talk, rather it was 2 yoruba guys dat gave me help, what and wat do u want me to say, dats why i easily mingle wit any tribe, religion, i hv worshiped in the mosque, hindus temple, just name it. Bcs i hv seen it all in dis life, be it relition or tribe

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribe Or African Country Do I Look Like I Belong To? / Okay! Ok! Kk! K! Are They Ok? / Most Beautiful People And Culture In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.