Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures (20425 Views)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / My Mechanised Farming Experience / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
Saw a fertile land close to my neighbourhood and decide to check if i can be a good farmer and add value to my country rather than wailing on internet

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Planting maize without ridges, want to see how it goes before preparing for a cassava or yam toward end of the raining. Advice needed pls

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sprayed the land with non selective herbicide after planting. Am actually afraid with the herbicide because rain fall after application and need to re applied

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Ojestas(m): 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
So,.una no go plant tomatoes

Great move,OP... Weldone!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
Bought a tomato seed, i will be preparing a separate land for it soon. Thanks@ ojestas

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Pavore9: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nice one, glad to see more Nigerians engaging the land.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
The maize germinating after one week, but with no ridges, i need to start preparing for early weeding since the herbicide that i applied is not that effectively used

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2016
I am a little down right now and it seems this project seems not to work out fine.

1. Some demonic goats enter my farm and eat the just germinating maize and leave the maize struggling for survival

2. The weed seems to be have more nutrient than the maize with the speed they are growing over the maize

3. I think i am doing more than what i can control and nobody to help

4. Am already clearing another land for the tomatoes which i planted for nursery a week ago and no traces of germination

5. Now i have no option than to think of providing a perimeter fence to keep off the goat and fulanis that always patronize my area

6. Your advice is needed and the mode can do the needful

7. I am already thinking of a plan B of watermelon or something that will be more lucrative than this maize or cassava

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by kellz0(m): 11:20am On Jun 12, 2016
bro, from the little i know.. Maize require weeding like four times b4 it starts producing... First one is when it starts qerminating and is very important..

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by INFOTECH2: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
BNLR:
I am a little down right now and it seems this project seems not to work out fine.

3. I think i am doing more than what i can control and nobody to help

Health is wealth. You must always ensure you are in good health.

You need to find a helping hand. Labour to work with you on the farm. Visit farms around you and ask for how they source for labour.

Even with labour, we still fall ill.

About the weed, kindly do something fast, since the did not make ridges, get a hoe and uproot them because they will hinder the early growth of your maize.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Got so motivated in recent days to improve on my experience on the Farm B. I bless God for giving me the strength after a little discouragement from the Farm A.

Pls am still searching for cassava stem.

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
After 2 months

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by sirdayve(m): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
BNLR:
Bought a tomato seed, i will be preparing a separate land for it soon. Thanks@ ojestas
what's up with the tomatoes?
1. guess you've transplanted now.
2. if yes, did u make ridges?
3. was it hybrid u planted?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 4:15am On Aug 25, 2016
yes. I will upload the tomatoes picture soon. but realise from a farmer friend that the best time to plant tomato is around October because of the rain just like the watermelon

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 4:19am On Aug 25, 2016
never give up when the going get tough. people who mock you today will still have to start all over when your are done. thanks to nairaland

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Neduzze5(m): 4:57am On Aug 25, 2016
Congrats bro.... Your maize did very very well. What do you plan on planting next?

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by sirdayve(m): 6:11am On Aug 25, 2016
cool. congrats. but for the tomatoes, I'd like to know the practice. when did u transplant? did u spray insecticide before transplanting? after transplanting did u spray insecticide? what space did u use?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by klbakare(m): 10:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Are u saying its not really compulsory to plant maize on ridges?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by BNLR(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
ridges are very important, you will still have to do it later if not at the planting stage @kibakare

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by SenseiAri: 12:01am On Sep 21, 2016
Congratulations.
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Mustack: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2016
Following
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by renybenks(f): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
I'm a fresh graduate in Edo state just out of school, how can I become a farmer, with no prospect of land anywhere nd no funds either
?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by miqos02(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
weldone bro
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Moreoffaith(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
This recession is a blessing.
It is bringing out the best in us.
Kudos to you man, i wish you success...
@op pls if anyone mocks you on this.
pls save their picture in case you wanna employ marketer.
You know how to treat such people now grin grin

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by chimah3(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nice one!

Hope he gets proper funds to help him!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by emerged01(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hungry don dey reset naija brain

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by SuperBlack: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
Who posted this? Attention have been affected by Change though.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by tfqharbiodun(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nice
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by amuokuko: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
Op, as this ur eye take dey, dont deny that u dont ve a weed garden added to ur farm...

Farmer onye Uwa Mmmebi, may u feed the nation..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by mccoy47(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
rather than wailing on internet

I just wish Nigerian youths can learn from you!

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Pavore9: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
Inspiring. While growing up, my father used to say whether you plant or not. there will be sunrise and sunset so one should not waste the rime in between by staying idle!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company / Poultry/meat Processing System/plant In Nigeria / How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.