Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) (4658 Views)

Carlcare Website Just Got A Massive Update / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof / Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by greenstar: 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Unbelievable shocked

In cross river state to be precise...

Glo don't smoke weed shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by dustmalik: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
It's an error, probably server-side error, on the part of Opera servers. There is currently no known wireless network in the world that can achieve that speed.

For such download speed to be possible, it means the net connection speed has to be running at 752mbps, which no 4G network in the world can achieve.

Also, your device doesn't even have the capacity of such speed.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by dustmalik: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Think about it, if it was really downloading at that speed, you wouldn't have been able to screenshot it, because it would be done in less than a second, given that you only downloading a file of 50mb.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by vikacydevato(m): 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
It this possible in Nigeria?
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by greenstar: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
dustmalik:
Think about it, if it was really downloading at that speed, you wouldn't have been able to screenshot it, because it would be done in less than a second, given that you only downloading a file of 50mb.
the file(58mb) downloaded under 3secounds ah swear...
I'm rocking!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by ewizard1: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Can anyone please link me with who can unlock my Spectranet USB Modem at Ikeja CV? Thanks!

#URGENT
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by tempest01(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
Why the download dey in progress? Why e no finish in micro seconds?

You get time to even screenshot am

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by Nbote(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
greenstar:
I'm rocking!!!

94mb/s yet na file of 58mb u dey download and had time to notice and den screenshot. All these ntwrks have locations where their speed is blazing but trust me e neva reach..

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by Trendy247: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lol... 94mb/s and u're still downloading

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by David25(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
Opermini is deceiving you. The best speed you can achieve on a 3G mobile network is roughly around 12MB/sec. And that can not be the average speed. it'll fluctuate around 500kb/s
don't be too excited brah

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by prinsam30: 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
pls someone should tap that guy on his head to wake up today is 1st June 2016

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by lawrenceunaa: 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op had it being 94mb/s was ur actual download speed that file would have downloaded in 617 ms.
Don't be deceived by opera , I would have believed if it was Uc browser.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by kingDELE(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
abeg wetin b d name of d opera mini wea go dey show me download speed while downloading?
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by martinz1: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
ewizard1:
Can anyone please link me with who can unlock my Spectranet USB Modem at Ikeja CV? Thanks!

#URGENT
Do u mean Spectranet mifi or usb, call me or whatsapp me
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by mjames: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ignorant OP please grow up
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by ewizard1: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
martinz1:
Do u mean Spectranet mifi or usb, call me or whatsapp me
Spectranet USB. (see pic)

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by greenstar: 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
That file downloaded in a flash
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by NigerianScholar: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
greenstar:
I'm rocking!!!
. You said you got 94mb/s speed. But it took a 58 mb file 3 seconds to download. I smell corruption. Or maybe you are just exaggerating

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by cutiedave(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
lawrenceunaa:
Op had it being 94mb/s was ur actual download speed that file would have downloaded in 617 ms.
Don't be deceived by opera , I would have believed if it was Uc browser.
got dis using mtn sha

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by cutiedave(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
And dis

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
cutiedave:
And dis
which phone?
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
dustmalik:
even if your internet speed is around 250mb/sec

You will still need up to 3 seconds or more to download 50mb ... Your network ping value is responsible for that.. The lower the pings, the faster the response!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by Xtopher123(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Who is that Thomas doubting the speed aint achievable with 4G?

The picture below is my slowest using Spectranet 4G

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by d33types: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
even in south Korea where the world's fastest consumer internet is,its not possible.
I am not being pessimistic.just google the technical specs of 3.75g.

it usually happens to me as well.and I can simulate it. when I start downloading with my IDM as well as with my browser,then I pause my browser's download, IDM surges up to 100MBps and then goes back within 3seconds to the normal 1.2MBps
Note:MBps is different from Mbps
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by LongJohnS: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
dustmalik:
My first thoughts exactly when I saw the screen shot. The Op is obviously a learner.
Lollz
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by rattlesnake(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
youruba will call error EHERROR

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by martinz1: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
ewizard1:

Spectranet USB. (see pic)
Ok. I can do that
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by lawrenceunaa: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
cutiedave:
got dis using mtn sha
i believe uc browser data count
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
kingDELE:
abeg wetin b d name of d opera mini wea go dey show me download speed while downloading?

It's the latest Opera mini. Download it from playstore with mini written on it.

Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by greenstar: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
MetaHuman:
even if your internet speed is around 250mb/sec
You will still need up to 3 seconds or more to download 50mb ... Your network ping value is responsible for that.. The lower the pings, the faster the response!
cutiedave:
got dis using mtn sha
Xtopher123:
Who is that Thomas doubting the speed aint achievable with 4G?
The picture below is my slowest using Spectranet 4G
cutiedave:
got dis using mtn sha

three people with sense...

ah taya for these Thomas's o
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by NCP: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am in Calabar at the moment for a project.

Due to the euphoria surrounding this worthless Nigerian network, l dusted my glo sim and subscribed for a 200mb 3day plan.

Guess what? I can't load Nairaland with Opera Mini. And in the past 18minutes, am still struggling to download an 11mb file.

Better l pay for the quality l get than run after huge amount of worthless data sitting like Peppered Chicken in a show glass.
Re: I Just Got A Speed Of 94mb/s In Nigeria (photo) by greenstar: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
NCP:
Am in Calabar at the moment for a project.

Due to the euphoria surrounding this worthless Nigerian network, l dusted my glo sim and subscribed for 200mb 3day plan.

Guess what? I can't load Nairaland on with Opera Mini. And in the past 18minutes, am still struggling to download an 11mb file.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo 4GLTE Is Now Available On Frequency Band 3 (1800) / Infinix S5 (N53,000) Vs Infinix S4 (N44,500) Speed Test Comparison(photos) / The Infinix Note 7 Is Insanely Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.