Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128047 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by holaralph(m): 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
GerogeI:
Why all these unnecessary defence? It shows intolerance and conservatism, which is the point OP is trying to make.

I too served in Kano about 8 years ago!
Yes, male-female relationship is highly controlled in Kano. As a foreigner you are safer when you understand how the local rules work.

I remember back in BUK, some male students made it a point of duty to always monitor me and my female Hausa corper friend, cause of them I always kept my office door open as I had nothing to hide. However, back at my Lodge an old neighbour almost married off a teenage girl to me cause, he complains everytime am coming back "Aquai Mata". He was really worried that I had no woman. Contrast that.

Further - I remember several times my female colleagues would run back to the lodge because a group of kids were throwing stones at them. We sent our Hausa colleagues to find out why, and it was apparently due to their dressing

I was once stuck in front of a mosque on a Friday, while walking home with my female Hausa friend(no taxi or bus), the police in front of the mosque almost went berserk on us for walking close to each other while in front of the mosque at prayer time, claiming we could cause a mob action. Had to give the chick 50m or so.

I spent at least 3 emergency nights at military Baracks whenever we heard something happened in town. Our Lodge was not in Sarbon Gari, but rather near Kofa Gardon Kaya.

Saying or Claiming Kano is just like Abuja or Lagos is only going to be a disservice to both the natives, and the visitors, cause the later would assume and end up offending the former.

I enjoyed my stay in Kano, explored and made some of my best friends while there! I won't hesitate to visit again, but that is ultimately because I got to understand the societal fabrics and values of the people. The OP did not set out to paint an evil picture of Kano, but the kind of attack he is getting is forcing him into a defensive stance that is now sounding defiant and tending towards a hack job. Totally unnecessary.

If you are a Kano native, instead of these attacks, why not describe the relevant value system and help others to understand. Kano does not have to be like Lagos, or Abuja, it has its own distinct flavour. And we will all do well to preserve it as well as eliminate the misunderstandings by explaining it to visitors.
........... May God Bless you in plethora

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
kishimi8:

Kai ka kyale shi. Dama yana so yayi suna a nairaland ne kawai. Duk wannan surutun da kake da shi ba chanza mai raayi zaiyi ba. Ka rabu dashi cikin jahilcin shi

OK Tnx
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by aminu150(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

Mrs truth, nah your experience?? oya correct me.
I was born in Kano and lived there till 2015 when I left it but I do spend weekends in Kano. Holla me to show you the real Kano corpershon
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by holymayor5(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

Very soon they will come for you. Everything you wrote is the gospel truth. I will keep writing my story. Thank you once again sir for being the first person to speak the truth. All this Kano natives are just trying to hide the truth.

I can now see that Kano is no go area for me in B16. Thank you OP and don't mind those native.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by roqrules04(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
maureensylvia:
op life is sweet in kano especially sabon gari.

have u been to African center? mozida? elegante, bobox, even dis one they opened recently villa Atlanta try this places, come back and testify

I love that villa Atlanta... the first time I eneterd there I though I was in a Bar in Lag grin
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by blackjack21(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro this countries u mentioned their lingua franka is not English, here in Nigeria our lingua franka is English and as such an educated Nigeria should know how to communicate in English.

Bro, iw want you to get me very clear.
I'm not saying that learning other languages is wrong or is not an attempt to getting education.
Learning other languages is very beneficial and help you very well getting more education.
I remember reading a survey stating that people who can speak more than one language have a better sense of perspective taking than people who can speak only one.

The problem here is rendering people who can't speak more than on language, particularly English, illiterates is very wrong.

forget about lingua franca, it's nothing but a colonial shackle.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by blackjack21(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
greggng:

I don't seem to understand u. Are u saying that one religion is better than others? Comments like this causes religious crisis.
if you check the history of religion you will find some outright insane, barbaric and repugnant practice- like human sacrifice etc.

and you will also find some religion against it.
in fact, most religion are hostile to each other because they are so different in beliefs and practice.

If it'll please you to hear from the horse' mouth: The saying (no religion is better than another is a engineered quote by free thinkers. meaning- "all religion are ultimately wrong."

So, saying that no religion is better than another by a religious person in true sense will be assumed as saying "All religion serve on god and discouraged evil.

which is very, very wrong.

"A peace concocted from lies and hypocrisy is the most delusional kind of peace.

" truth is the ultimate religion."

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
aminu150:

I was born in Kano and lived there till 2015 when I left it but I do spend weekends in Kano. Holla me to show you the real Kano corpershon

Thanks for your concern but for security reasons I will like to remain where I am. Am very sure no one can trace me.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by aminu150(m): 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

Thanks for your concern but for security reasons I will like to remain where I am. Am very sure no one can trace me.
You are funny. I can easily trace u if I want. U reside around kofar famfo close to FCE Kano and u do your PPA in Kano poly. Have an open mind and respect culture diversity, that way you will enjoy Kano. All those asking you to join Islam are doing it because they feel you are good mannered, honest,intelligeno ,generous, in short they just love you and want you to be part of them. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by omotroyz(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

Lol, Mai gida. Why is it difficult to admit truth and then retouch where necessary. Am telling you my experience, tell us if you didn't first go to islamiyya.

Secondly, I know you are better than me, so what next?

How foolish are they who think they are wise.
who told u he is better than you? give yourself some respect.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by boboLIL(m): 1:29am On Jun 18, 2016
mrphysics . Oga you have revealed much about you already.. Please oo,, for heaven sake, be careful oo, you can be traced...

I missed 2015 batch A because I was posted to sokoto... Nothing can make me go northern part of Nigeria. I fear that side pass satan....

Stop telling this story for now biko.. Okwa maka ndu gi oo.. I no wan hear ugly story for your head oo...

Don't meet anybody... Just know you can be traced...

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 18, 2016
boboLIL:
mrphysics . Oga you have revealed much about you already.. Please oo,, for heaven sake, be careful oo, you can be traced...

I missed 2015 batch A because I was posted to sokoto... Nothing can make me go northern part of Nigeria. I fear that side pass satan....

Stop telling this story for now biko.. Okwa maka ndu gi oo.. I no wan hear ugly story for your head oo...

Nobody will traced him for this.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by boboLIL(m): 2:06am On Jun 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

Nobody will traced him for this.
I pray oo...
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by usy309(m): 5:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Oga OP....Is good that u write this personal experience, although there are a lot of mistakes....which are indeed forgiven as a first timer....in kano....

I do not expect all this refutation from those guys above me....they fail to understand what is meant by PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.....

ALL I WILL ADVISE U.....

USE UR KNOWLEDGE AND GET CASH AS PHYSICS GUYS ARE SCARCED....

DON'T FORGET SERVICE TO HUMANITY....IT IS SERVICE TO GOD.........

ENJOY UR KANO AND MAKE SURE U LERNT HAUSA B4 U COMOT

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:01am On Jun 18, 2016
omotroyz:

who told u he is better than you? give yourself some respect.

Lol, that is exactly what he wants to hear, it hasn't changed anything about me. Just tell people what they want to hear and carry on.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:07am On Jun 18, 2016
aminu150:

You are funny. I can easily trace u if I want. U reside around kofar famfo close to FCE Kano and u do your PPA in Kano poly. Have an open mind and respect culture diversity, that way you will enjoy Kano. All those asking you to join Islam are doing it because they feel you are good mannered, honest,intelligeno ,generous, in short they just love you and want you to be part of them. Simple.
Lol, let's not argue further because it's not where i stay.

I am a physicist, I have an open mind regarding religion, I always give religion their respect. I have a Muslim friend and I have done to them things they wouldn't have done for me. I even read Muslim books like I read Riyya.

I also respect people's culture and way of life. Listen I have never for once in my post disrespect Hausa culture. I was really telling my audience how hard it is to adapt easily to the changes and how intending corpers need to behave themselves because it's really true.

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by chat2deen(m): 6:13am On Jun 18, 2016
Chriswazo:

Alright sir, thanks for opening up. I will have to do a further research on this topic. I googled top 10 beautiful cities in Nigeria, i didn't see Kano oo but Kadunna is in all the links that appeared. I will have to enquire further, Thanks.

U wc, kaduna used to b d capital of northern region, most old government buildings, military formations are heavily concentrated in kaduna state, d transformation of kano into what we have today was done by ex governor kwankwaso over a span of just 4 yrs, while his counterpart ex-gov yero kaduna was busy milking kaduna dry been a stooge for namadi Sambo dia by doing little or nothing. D only fly over in kaduna (kawo) is just 100m build by makarfi as far back as early 2000. So wat u saw is either not updated or dey have no idea of wat is on ground. All d best.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:15am On Jun 18, 2016
boboLIL:

Thank you sir. When I accepted to serve in Kano, it wasn't easy, it was really hard for my parents to accept that I will even go. You see brother, our life is really in the hand of no one. It's just God.

Just doing my best for my country, if I tell you what I have done outside my PPA for free you won't believe. I have no time of my own, everytime I am busy solving people's problem. if I do such, why then do people think I want to paint their culture black??
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:21am On Jun 18, 2016
usy309:
Oga OP....Is good that u write this personal experience, although there are a lot of mistakes....which are indeed forgiven as a first timer....in kano....

I do not expect all this refutation from those guys above me....they fail to understand what is meant by PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.....

ALL I WILL ADVISE U.....

USE UR KNOWLEDGE AND GET CASH AS PHYSICS GUYS ARE SCARCED....

DON'T FORGET SERVICE TO HUMANITY....IT IS SERVICE TO GOD.........

ENJOY UR KANO AND MAKE SURE U LERNT HAUSA B4 U COMOT

Thank you so much sir. Indeed physicists are scarce but truth be told I came not to make money rather to give service to humanity.

You are aware that the student's here don't give much for education. even to photocopy lecture note Na wahala. So trying to organize tutorial which can fetch me money isn't possible because I was told by my gas at the top that it must be for free. I solved past questions for different years for free.

thanks again, I understand you. we need much of you around.

Inakwana?
Antashi Lafiya?

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:25am On Jun 18, 2016
chat2deen:

U wc, kaduna used to b d capital of northern region, most old government buildings, military formations are heavily concentrated in kaduna state, d transformation of kano into what we have today was done by ex governor kwankwaso over a span of just 4 yrs, while his counterpart ex-gov yero kaduna was busy milking kaduna dry been a stooge for namadi Sambo dia by doing little or nothing. D only fly over in kaduna (kawo) is just 100m build by makarfi as far back as early 2000. So wat u saw is either not updated or dey have no idea of wat is on ground. All d best.

Most of the people giving this rating have never been to Kano. Kano is very beautiful. Good road network. Infact Kwankwaso have written his name in the sands of time. I still don't believe he did it within four years, he did wonders

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Bandeco(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2016
mrphysics:

Very unnecessary and childish comment from the OP.. Someone offer to hang out with you. His intention might be genuine and kind. Just say oh "that's great, thank you." No need to say fo " security reasons " and went on asserting that "no one can trace you. You are just creating unnecessary attention to urself.(He now proves u wrong and reveal ur ppa on the forum). Counter productive I must say!
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Bandeco(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
boboLIL:

Go siddon jor..
Sokoto is safer and more secure than all the south east states and South South states combined. You guys just create the impression that hausa pple wake up everyday looking for Southerners to harm.. Very childish thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by abdulkayus(m): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2016
mrphysics:
Nothing is wrong sir, I mistaken the councilor to chairman, remember I was talking about sabongari. so sorry about that but this is basically my experience and 98% of it is true

guy, 98percent of what u wrote is not the truth bt lies. U only have at 20 percent truh in ur writeup. Others are lies, mere misconceptions and exaggerations.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by boboLIL(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2016
Bandeco:

Go siddon jor..
Sokoto is safer and more secure than all the south east states and South South states combined. You guys just create the impression that hausa pple wake up everyday looking for Southerners to harm.. Very childish thought.
na you sabi, i don talk my own.. If you de vex, go hang.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by boboLIL(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2016
mrphysics:

Thank you sir. When I accepted to serve in Kano, it wasn't easy, it was really hard for my parents to accept that I will even go. You see brother, our life is really in the hand of no one. It's just God.

Just doing my best for my country, if I tell you what I have done outside my PPA for free you won't believe. I have no time of my own, everytime I am busy solving people's problem. if I do such, why then do people think I want to paint their culture black??
they dont like to be exposed..

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2016
abdulkayus:

guy, 98percent of what u wrote is not the truth bt lies. U only have at 20 percent truh in ur writeup. Others are lies, mere misconceptions and exaggerations.
okay, thank you sir.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Bandeco:

Very unnecessary and childish comment from the OP.. Someone offer to hang out with you. His intention might be genuine and kind. Just say oh "that's great, thank you." No need to say fo " security reasons " and went on asserting that "no one can trace you. You are just creating unnecessary attention to urself.(He now proves u wrong and reveal ur ppa on the forum). Counter productive I must say!
So sorry sir and thank you for the correction.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lorRhyMeZ: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2016
mariong:
Let's not turn this to à tribal war. I'm not sure he stated anywhere that he's igbo. Some people sef.

Am quite sure he did...dont quote me again pls.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2016
chat2deen:

Alright man.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by alansam: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2016
Mrphysicst please complete ur gist na.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by viktohmarkz(m): 10:56am On Jun 18, 2016
I hate how some people act, must at time I wonder if the evolution of primate hasn't gotten to the secondary stage in their lifes,
if KANO isn't a strict place why would a man be beaten for eating?

why would a woman be stoned to death (abi na slate them slate her throat?)

I strongly believe all the OP is saying because he is seeing things from his point of view, there might be some things new to him which he's seeing for the first time, buh most of the sons of the land are already use to it.

all this son of the soil should CREATE A THREAD and talk about it there, allow OP finish his here.

that's all I got to say, OP continue abeg.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by haryomikun(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
JumaiM:

Lol. The idiot asked me to shut up. You are ignorant, arrogant and stupid. Yes I do know when a place is said to be fun.
You are right ma.
Mrphysics is also right.

Someone who grew up in Lagos with fun everywhere will consider many other places boring. From his descriptions, coupled with many others from fiizznation and all, Kano is not a fun place. How can fun be restricted to only a few places in a large state?

Sorry oh, but the thing is, you are so used the the 'boredom' of kano that's you think Kano is fun. Come here to the south and you won't remember kano again. Lol

Besides, the OP was right with one thing... You guys are volatile. See how you cursed and cursed the OP just because of 'his experience'

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.