Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (127933 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2016
NYSC is another way our government can make money from this private companies and employers, Even state employers too. I strongly believe that and I have thought about it and know it's possible. I have the plan but in Nigeria, your business plan is your business plan.

one thing I know I must achieve is to make my students great physicists. I teach engineering student yet many of then have declared openly their love for physics. Because I teach them physics with authority and how it is applied by our engineering brothers. Infact I told them that Nigerian engineers will never invent anything UNLESS quantum mechanics is emphasized in thier scheme of work. If not we will continue to produce repair and assemble engineers and keep importing newly developed computer gadgets because everything about technology is embedded in QUANTUM MECHANICS.

The way and manner they will become physicists is what is best know to them. But I am sure they are falling in love with physics. I try to be good in what I do.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Yea, I got a female Hausa friend. Very beautiful. anyone who have been to Kano or served in Kano can attest up the fact that the beauty of this Hausa girls can make one convert to Islam. little wonder why they are taught here in Kano that only Hausa men can marry a Christian girl but not the other way round.

As I work to deliver my lecture, in my departmental office, their faces so shine that one can spend the whole alloweee on them. Their unique smile, gentle look, down to earth attitude and unmatched dress makes them virtuous women.

For the prospective Kano corpers, get ready to see fine girls. it's common. When I met this one, her beauty overshadowed her bad English, yes, you need to see her to believe. she look more or less like buhari's daughter. Anytime you speak to them, they are happy. We met in the school premise and I know it's not an emotional relationship. I just needed an Hausa female friend. one who can enlighten me on their way of life, teach me Hausa and be close at all times with nothing else attached.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2016
I have this fear, the fear of Hausa men. they can do and undo. They can give a man sleeveless if they see you do anything or have any affair with their daughter. the more reason, our Lecturer-student relationship is best for what I want to achieve.

Earlier before last week ended, I met another Hausa girl. this one is matured, I was very happy when she told me she is not from Kano. yes, it means I have no business whatsoever with any Hausa man. she proved to b matured. she spoke English very well. I intend to have a fruitful relationship with this one.

My Kano girl put a fear in me. She said something that have many meanings to me. Something any man is afraid of in Kano. That you will read next time. thanks, "Antashi lafiya "?? Lafiya lau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
Op well done o, please i want ask between Kano and Kadunna which will you suggest to be better in terms of security, development, social amenities and other good things of life including higher money flow.
Dreamcomtru, if you don't mind i will like to contact you, I like your reactions to sensitive issues.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2016
Chriswazo:
Op well done o, please i want ask between Kano and Kadunna which will you suggest to be better in terms of security, development, social amenities and other good things of life including higher money flow.
Dreamcomtru, if you don't mind i will like to contact you, I like your reactions to sensitive issues.

Kaduna.

Though they are many companies in Kano and market too. but in terms of what you listed, I think Kaduna is best for you. Kano is cool too just this Hausa people and their wahala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Chriswazo:
Bro,you welcome,can't it be discuss in here?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

Bro,you welcome,can't it be discuss in here?

OK, don't worry.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
Chriswazo:

OK, don't worry.
Okay.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by giga02(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
It getting boring, keep ur advice and hit us with your high point of your experience..

6 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
mrphysics:

Kaduna.

Though they are many companies in Kano and market too. but in terms of what you listed, I think Kaduna is best for you. Kano is cool too just this Hausa people and their wahala.
Thank you sir for your reply, but please can you tell me why many pcm will always prefer Kadunna to any other northern state? I have been trying to figure out but yet don't have a clue as to why Kadunna is better than other northern states. Do you know sir?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2016
Chriswazo:

Thank you sir for your reply, but please can you tell me why many pcm will always prefer Kadunna to any other northern state? I have been trying to figure out but yet don't have a clue as to why Kadunna is better than other northern states. Do you know sir?
Though Kaduna is a Muslim state, it's not as strict as any other northern state. in kaduna you are free to do what you like. it's a modernized city. though Kano is more developed than Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Darey00(m): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2016
Wonderful piece @op. Can u also give an insight on Katsina state?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Darey00:
Wonderful piece @op. Can u also give an insight on Katsina state?

I have never been to kastina state and I can't actually say anything about it. Sorry about that sir
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by gwales: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2016
mrphysics:

Kaduna.

both state are like a home to me and I can tell you kano is far more secure than kaduna. Kaduna is like the kidnapping capital of the north, robbery is on the increase daily and religious and ethnic crises is very rife. The money flow in kano can't be compare with any northern state, likewise development with exception to abuja

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2016
mrphysics:

Though Kaduna is a Muslim state, it's not as strict as any other northern state. in kaduna you are free to do what you like. it's a modernized city. though Kano is more developed than Kaduna.

OK, thank you though i find it difficult to believe your last statement that Kano is more developed than Kadunna. The only thing i have learnt so far is that Kano is more viable for business than Kadunna.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2016
gwales:
both state are like a home to me and I can tell you kano is far more secure than kaduna. Kaduna is like the kidnapping capital of the north, robbery is on the increase daily and religious and ethnic crises is very rife. The money flow in kano can't be compare with any northern state, likewise development with exception to abuja
Are you saying that Kano is more developed in terms of social amenities, development and security than Kano?
Hmmmmm, i don't know but all my northern friends seem not to agree with you on this o. They said Kano isn't organize like Kadunna, the only good thing about Kano is just business. From what I've gathered, i am imaging Kano to be like Aba and Kadunna to resemble Enugu, just my opinion o.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2016
Chriswazo:

OK, thank you though i find it difficult to believe your last statement that Kano is more developed than Kadunna. The only thing i have learnt so far is that Kano is more viable for business than Kadunna.

Guy Kano is better than kadunna in terms of development. You need to see Kano, Kwankwaso did wonders. You can only compare Kano to few states in Nigeria. One thing you should know is that Kano don't care how you rate them.

18 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2016
Chriswazo:

Are you saying that Kano is more developed in terms of social amenities, development and security than Kano?
Hmmmmm, i don't know but all my northern friends seem not to agree with you on this o. They said Kano isn't organize like Kadunna, the only good thing about Kano is just business. From what I've gathered, i am imaging Kano to be like Aba and Kadunna to resemble Enugu, just my opinion o.

Not really sir. in terms of human exposure, knowledge and religious freedom, Kaduna is better. But in terms of development, structures, road, commerce, leave it for Kano State. I leave in Enugu and I have been to Aba, your analogy don't fit in. Hope those that feed you about Kano have been to Kano? They are 9 local government that make up Kano capital. When you enter Kano, am sure you will agree sir.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
Continuation

When I first met her, I got her number and as it's a usual practice to me, I added her on whatsapp, unfortunately that number isn't registered on whatsapp. I was unhappy and knew that the only way of communication is by calls which I wasn't comfortable with.

Luckily for me she called with another number, when I quickly added same to whatsapp, it was registered and she was online. I sent her some messages which the person replied. little did I know I wasn't chatting with her. it was her sisters number, actually her sister was chatting with me claiming she is the one.

I asked her the normal question one should ask any Hausa lady before having anything to do with her, " Are you married "??, she said YES. immediately I saw yes, I breathed with my stomach, I knew I have committed, what if it's her husband? what if it's her parents, I couldn't sleep.

What an Hausa man can do to you for intruding into their family and/or marital affair is not imaginable.

Truth be told, I was really afraid. Since she knew she is married, why then did she give me her number? could it be set up?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by iamdynamite(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
following keenly........no more ghost mode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
when I read the message that she is married, I wished her a happy married life and told her I don't want to interfere with her married, as a man I don't want to cause pain to any man and also I don't want Hausa man wahala. she greeted me and I went to sleep.

The next morning, my Hausa friend (Khadijah) told me to stop chatting with the other number and that it wasn't her chatting with me. I learnt that it was her sister, she told me that she isn't married, Infact she is not even engaged. I breathed the breath of life, I was born again, life came into me.

Immediately I told her where to meet me so I can seal the deal. let me officially bring her into my inner chamber.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
Before our agreed time reached, u saw her in our departmental office, only then did I realise that it was a set up, so this girl actually want to expose me to the world? If any Muslim girl discover that you a Christian is dating an Hausa girl, then you are gone. its HARAM (sin) in Islam. A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian woman but not the other way round. So when I saw her, she told me that she only came to tell me that her phone is off in case I call by the fixed 1p.m. Actually, I just finished my 10-12p.m lecture waiting for 1p.m to meet her. when she spewed it, I told her that I will be outside waiting for then. so anywhere she see me, she should come and meet me.

Little did I know that the Person I thought that am smarter than is actually smarter than me. infact, she has already agreed to my intending request even before making it.

I was waiting for 1p.m, clock seem to be slow, time seem to stop working. Immediately one of my student brought a question, so I used t to wait for 1pm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrphysics:

Guy Kano is better than kadunna in terms of development. You need to see Kano, Kwankwaso did wonders. You can only compare Kano to few states in Nigeria. One thing you should know is that Kano don't care how you rate them.
Hmmmmm, mrphysics i accept your appraisal of Kano social infrastructural development just because you have stayed there, i don't know if you have been to Kadunna, am not saying this categorically because i have not been there myself but from information from my northern friends that have been in the two states and as well my lecturer, a Jos man said the same about Kadunna being the same, this my lecturer have been to all northern states and more than 30 states of the country, i won't forget how he compared the two states before coming to conclusion. Mrphysics, i sell at shopping center Aba and have many northern customers and friends and i have tried to find out from them and to a very large extent, they said Kadunna is far more beautiful than Kano but that Kano is very rich, no wander 80% of them comes from Kano. I have stayed in Bauchi and while there, I asked some of my northern friends and they all said i should not even compare Kadunna beauty with any northern city, not even Jos talk more of Kano. So let me ask you sir, have you stayed in Kadunna?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
1:02 p.m

I went outside, stood on the staircase leading downstairs, my eyes were moving in every direction, 360 degrees movement.Any approaching lady looks like her, she was not forth coming. immediately I saw one lady outside the school, she was wearing hijab, with the same cloth I saw her with. When I met her at the departmental office, she wasn't wearing hijab. So how come is she now wearing hijab. I didn't know it was a sign. she was leading me to the place she wants us to discuss.

I didn't understand the language, I was a Jew boy. actually, I was a Jewish council of elders. That was how I missed that opportunity. I was just standing there waiting for her, I didn't know she is waiting for me. That was how the day ended.

But am sure I will meet her again.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
Chriswazo:

Hmmmmm, mrphysics i accept your appraisal of Kano social infrastructural development just because you have stayed there, i don't know if you have been to Kadunna, am not saying this categorically because i have not been there myself but from information from my northern friends that have been in the two states and as well my lecturer, a Jos man said the same about Kadunna being the same, this my lecturer have been to all northern states and more than 30 states of the country, i won't forget how he compared the two states before coming to conclusion. Mrphysics, i sell at shopping center Aba and have many northern customers and friends and i have tried to find out from them and to a very large extent, they said Kadunna is far more beautiful than Kano but that Kano is very rich, no wander 80% of them comes from north. I have stayed in Bauchi and while there, I asked some of my northern friends and they all said i should not even compare Kadunna beauty with any northern city, not even Jos talk more of Kadunna. So let me ask you sir, have you stayed in Kadunna?

No sir. But when coming to Kano, you will pass through Kaduna. Anyway I don't know what else to say. Until you come and see the beauty of Kano state. The road network itself will shock you. Only then will you be convinced that it's only Lagos and Abuja that you can compare with Kano. I have been to PH, Akwa Ibom, but am sure, Kano is far more developed. Seeing indeed is believing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrphysics:

No sir. But when coming to Kano, you will pass through Kaduna. Anyway I don't know what else to say. Until you come and see the beauty of Kano state. The road network itself will shock you. Only then will you be convinced that it's only Lagos and Abuja that you can compare with Kano. I have been to PH, Akwa Ibom, but am sure, Kano is far more developed. Seeing indeed is believing.
I know you are only passing the state, anyway i agree with you that seeing is believing. I hope to come there by November to confirm for myself, thanks friend.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
Chriswazo:

I know you are only passing the state, anyway i agree with you that seeing is believing. I hope to come there by November to confirm for myself, thanks friend.
Welcome sir. If it's for NYSC, please, the most preferred state is Kaduna. thanks boss

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by gwales: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Chriswazo:

in terms of social life kaduna is far better and can be at par with southern States, but kano is more developed in terms of Infrastructure. And for insecurity, people easily forget that kaduna have more religious crises than kano and the Rate of kidnapping and robbery is overwhelming. Though your hausa friends may likely be basing their opinion base on social life which kano is conservative with exception of places like sabongari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrphysics:

Welcome sir. If it's for NYSC, please, the most preferred state is Kaduna. thanks boss
Yea, is for Nysc scheme, that is what everyone is saying o that Kadunna is cool for Nysc yet am learning from you and gwales that Kano is more developed infrastructurally. In fact, i leave it to God, having stayed in Aba with bad infrastructure but large commerce network, i don't want to suffer and smile o. North is my 1st priority for Nysc, I enjoyed Bauchi even with its scarce resource. Is well sir.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chriswazo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
gwales:
in terms of social life kaduna is far better and can be at par with southern States, but kano is more developed in terms of Infrastructure. And for insecurity, people easily forget that kaduna have more religious crises than kano and the Rate of kidnapping and robbery is overwhelming. Though your hausa friends may likely be basing their opinion base on social life which kano is conservative with exception of places like sabongari
OK sir.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by eedris85(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
@mr physics, I love your story, am also based in Kano state at the moment. I quite agree with some points of yours, but I need you to know that some of your fimdings as written here isn't really true.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
eedris85:
@mr physics, I love your story, am also based in Kano state at the moment. I quite agree with some points of yours, but I need you to know that some of your fimdings as written here isn't really true.

Everything I wrote here is real. And I write according to what I saw and experienced here in Kano.meanwhile, where do you stay sir? Ramadan Kareem!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.