Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria (1488 Views)

Nigerian Companies You Should Be Wary To Work For / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by sbabs1(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
I recently saw a job post on Jobberman from some positions in my former company and because I am a career focus person coupled with the need to help innocent Nigerians from falling into a floppy organization which may eventually ruin their career, I decided to alert Nairalanders. Aside taking personal responsibility for my posts, I also take personal lashes for this most and it outcomes.

When you google companies to work for in Nigeria, you will see some fantastic organisation who has paid their dues in terms of human capacity development. This post isnt gonna address that but I stand to address some dangerous companies in Nigeria whose CEO or Owners insult, bullies, owes wages, owes suppliers and deduct from wages and salary of worker. The number one example of such company is MAMACASS Restaurants Limited.

1) MAMACASS to me is number one.Aside the fact that I had worked in this company, I have also beena victim of corporate bullying,wage deduction and unjust treatment in Mamacass. I am therefor telling Nairalanders never to go for any interview in this company. You will ruin your career and get harassed by the rank and file. For instance there is a lady a lady just in her early 30s who is a spoilt brat and is the Executive Director that hasnt worked any where before but only assume such role because the company belong to her mother. A typical bullish word she calls her managers on a good day is Dummy Manager, Dundy, Mumu, Idiot etc. Another person you will see in mamacass is the GM who was once excommunicated from daystar church due to immoral advances on ladies. This man who is over 45 sleeps around with little ladies at the restaurants and threaten to sack them.
Another person you should fear is the only son of the owner of mamacass. Lanre Onabowale who occupy a business unit of Mamacass Abuja Office. He is a convicted serial rapist from the UK. Google his name to find out more about him.

Having said this, please if any body ever get invitation for interview, dont go except you dont mind being bullied and thrown out eventually. No matter the Position never go, i say RUN RUN and RUNNN for your life that company isnt a good place to work. in case you doubt me ask any one you know and ask them about life in mamacass and you will hear stories. Right now as I am writing there are about 12 opening of top managers positions on Jobberman. ask your self why did this people leave.?

Finally Nairanlanders, do you have any other companies who rubbishes and bully staff and deduct unnecessary wage or even dont pay salary? please post them here and lets establish a background checks and data base on Nigerian companies candidate one must never work for. or companies job seekers should be weary of in their job search.
Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by thesicilian: 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this your campaign

1 Like

Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by Nuezha(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Be truthful to yourself. What did you do that made them lay you off.

2 Likes

Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is one of the many reasons everyone should strive to be his own boss and not under one who treats you like a piece of rag just because you are been paid peanuts by such organization

I look forward to been self-reliant no matter how little or how challenging it might be

Lalasticlala fp

1 Like

Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by ChiomaUdemba(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Goooooood post my dear. people are wicked.
Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by sbabs1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:
I have mixed feelings about this your campaign
yes its good to have mixed feelings, but right now as I am writing there are about 12 opening of top managers positions on Jobberman. ask your self why did this people leave.?
Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by Nuezha(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
sbabs1:
Right now as I am writing there are about 12 opening of top managers positions on Jobberman. ask your self why did this people leave.?

You see dear friend, in the firm you don't own and you work with, you're like one of the four tyres of a car where the car is the firm: if it punctures, bursts, tears, wears, ages, bulges or warps, it will be replaced just to ensure that the car keeps moving.

Or for whatever reason the car owner decides to make his car look as good as new, he changes the tyres even if they still look good.

I am sorry that you found yourself in this position. I can never work in a Papa-mama-pikin limited again. I have learned from my experience; I registered a firm and my wife and children aren't shareholders or staff. Learn from your own experience and move on. Don't taken a pound of flesh.

2 Likes

Re: Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria by abdulsemiu02(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
sbabs1:
I recently saw a job post on Jobberman from some positions in my former company and because I am a career focus person coupled with the need to help innocent Nigerians from falling into a floppy organization which may eventually ruin their career, I decided to alert Nairalanders. Aside taking personal responsibility for my posts, I also take personal lashes for this most and it outcomes.

When you google companies to work for in Nigeria, you will see some fantastic organisation who has paid their dues in terms of human capacity development. This post isnt gonna address that but I stand to address some dangerous companies in Nigeria whose CEO or Owners insult, bullies, owes wages, owes suppliers and deduct from wages and salary of worker. The number one example of such company is MAMACASS Restaurants Limited.

1) MAMACASS to me is number one.Aside the fact that I had worked in this company, I have also beena victim of corporate bullying,wage deduction and unjust treatment in Mamacass. I am therefor telling Nairalanders never to go for any interview in this company. You will ruin your career and get harassed by the rank and file. For instance there is a lady a lady just in her early 30s who is a spoilt brat and is the Executive Director that hasnt worked any where before but only assume such role because the company belong to her mother. A typical bullish word she calls her managers on a good day is Dummy Manager, Dundy, Mumu, Idiot etc. Another person you will see in mamacass is the GM who was once excommunicated from daystar church due to immoral advances on ladies. This man who is over 45 sleeps around with little ladies at the restaurants and threaten to sack them.
Another person you should fear is the only son of the owner of mamacass. Lanre Onabowale who occupy a business unit of Mamacass Abuja Office. He is a convicted serial rapist from the UK. Google his name to find out more about him.

Having said this, please if any body ever get invitation for interview, dont go except you dont mind being bullied and thrown out eventually. No matter the Position never go, i say RUN RUN and RUNNN for your life that company isnt a good place to work. in case you doubt me ask any one you know and ask them about life in mamacass and you will hear stories. Right now as I am writing there are about 12 opening of top managers positions on Jobberman. ask your self why did this people leave.?

Finally Nairanlanders, do you have any other companies who rubbishes and bully staff and deduct unnecessary wage or even dont pay salary? please post them here and lets establish a background checks and data base on Nigerian companies candidate one must never work for. or companies job seekers should be weary of in their job search.
a Friend got invited for the role of HR Officer. This information is helpful

(1) (Reply)

3-months Professional Photography Training In Ibadan / Advice on IT careers / Auditors And Accountants In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.