Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (48970 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nairalander, please come to my rescue o... I am an entrepreneur who has tried his hands out on many things, from owning a Laundry, to having a mobile car wash, but as faith will have it, i found myself in this line of work, selling fashion items. I dont believe in staying idle but as faith will have it, this young man has duped me of my hard earned money... I had to tag along with a friend to prepare barbeque at a party to get my first capital, i seriously believed in this project of mine hence my willingness to struggle on when things seems tight at times

It all started some few weeks back, i placed an advert for some of my items on facebook, hoping to get people interested in my products, but as faith will have it, out of all the good Nigerians i met, a very bad one also came my way... He called himself Victor Adokiye which i believe is an alias now with phone numbers 07085661278 and 08080383516 which he used in contacting me... he sent me a message on whatsapp saying he wanted a shoe, which i shipped to him in Port harcout through Agofure and i told him to go to their waterline park to pick up 2 days later. on the morning of the 3rd day, he called me and told me he was on his way to pick up the item which was worth 29,000. I told him to call me when he gets to the park so i could talk to the person in charge to let him see the shoe, try it out if it was his size, then release it to him when i tell him to release it. My mistake was trusting him cause never in my wildest dream did i believe i would be cheated of my hard earned money and sweat. all this while, i didnt know he was with his friend, passing him off as the person in charge at Agofure, along the line during my dialogue with his friend whom i was made to believe is a staff of Agofure asked me for the waybill number so he could check for the item which i innocently gave him. he called me later and told me that the shoe wasnt his size, and i told him to drop it that i will find a way to get it back to Lagos. unknowingly, i didnt know he had gone behind my back to collect the shoe at Agofure. my thought was that my instruction was clear to the person i spoke with, never to release the parcel without my consent.

Two days later he sent me a message, telling me he has a friend who was willing to buy the shoe, that the shoe was initially meant for one of his friends, that the other friend had decided to pick it up, i was happy cause i needed the money to settle some debts i owed... i was thankful to God, for i believed he had answered my prayers... he now asked me to send another, a size 42 for him personally, that he was going to pay for both when it came, i stupidly went to Agofure to send another, not knowing he was a fraud, and he had picked the first shoe. today, he used his friend again to impersonate the Agofure staff. i didnt know cause i thought i was dealing with an upright Nigerian, he told me he was going to the bank to pay and he will let me know when he does the transaction, then he will go back to Agofure to pick up after payment... Later in the afternoon, he told me he had made payment, i told him to send pictures of the teller to me so i can confirm he truly paid but i noticed he stopped picking his calls and he stopped reading his whatsapp messages, i started to suspect him, but before i could get their number at Agofure to report the case, the deed had been done... he had picked the other shoe both worth 58,000 naira... i am depressed right now and maybe just maybe, he might have put me out of business, but i feel it is important to share my story and i would love every young and old persons out there to learn from my mistake no one knows it all, i have made mistakes and i have paid for them dearly, but i know anywhere the man is, he will know no peace and if i am lucky to catch him with the help of anybody reading this, lynching him will be the least of his worries...

please nairalanders, i appeal to you all to help me get justice any way you can be of help will be greatly appreciated. i know my money is gone and i might never get the chance to realize the goals i set for myself, but catching this thief will be the greatest gift i can ever get... If there is any help anyone can render in helping me catch this thief, i will gladly appreciate it...

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by kingreign(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry about the sad incident bro.
Lalasticlala your work pls

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by keandre: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry about your ordeal, Chai 58k gone,track him through his phone number.

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
i am trying to upload our chats, to show i thought i had a good rapport with him, its just so sad people are like this...

that is his picture below, his email address is adokiyev@yahoo.com

once again, thank you all for your effort, i never knew my money could be retrieved but with your help and support, 40,000 has been paid into my account, and i was promised the balance will be paid up by Tuesday, 7th of June 2016...

I appreciate this wonderful family for your help, support and words of encouragement, and i hope and pray we continue this way... thank you all

1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by thesicilian: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
sorry bro, that is life. There are no bad lessons, only bad experiences. Chances of catching the guy are very slim, since you barely know him.

You can try to hold Agofure Motors responsible, since the driver should not have delivered the package to someone who was not their staff. That's assuming of course, that it was part of your agreement with the Agofure driver.

Next time its better to receive the alert first before shipping off your product, or you can make arrangements with more reputable transport companies/ drivers.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
it is easy to get him, since he used his number. But the amount involved is small, ant the guys in charge might not help.

This might help http://akuku-toru./computing-and-it-cvs/mr-adokiye-omuaru-1889734.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Marpol: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry bro. Register on Konga and Dealday as a merchant that way you won't loose money.

You can still advertise your wares on Facebook and give them the link on Konga, Dealday or Jumia when they wish to buy.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:
sorry bro, that is life. There are no bad lessons, only bad experiences. Chances of catching the guy are very slim, since you barely know him.

You can try to hold Agofure Motors responsible, since the driver should not have delivered the package to someone who was not their staff. That's assuming of course, that it was part of your agreement with the Agofure driver.

Next time its better to receive the alert first before shipping off your product, or you can make arrangements with more reputable transport companies/ drivers.

thanks, i used their courier service, but there is no way i can hold them responsible since the guy impersonated a staff, and i gave him the waybill number thinking i was speaking to a genuine staff

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
it is easy to get him, since he used his number. But the amount involved is small, ant the guys in charge might not help.

they are willing to help, but there is a limit to what they can do... i am sure the guy wont go back there for any reason and he will be wary of unknown numbers

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
Marpol:
Sorry bro. Register on Konga and Dealday as a merchant that way you won't loose money.

You can still advertise your wares on Facebook and give them the link on Konga, Dealday or Jumia when they wish to buy.

thank you

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:

they are willing to help, but there is a limit to what they can do... i am sure the guy wont go back there for any reason and he will be wary of unknown numbers

not those bois grin I'm talking of the ones that will tell you where you are standing (correction 20meters) wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Seeeeeeee: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmm i doubt if you stay in Lagos... Lagos guy's are damm smart.

8 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Florblu(f): 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
Haaaa.....some people can be wicked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Stancity(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Such as a rough experience... Its certainly not the end of your dreams, in fact its a blessing in disguise...

8 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by countsparrow: 7:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm i doubt if you stay in Lagos... Lagos guy's are damm smart.

You are a big foool, u think you know it all... You will get duped very soon, and i will come back here and tell you you are meant to be smarter than that...

Back to the topic, sorry about that @OP, some people are plain wicked.. How i wish there was something i could do...

Lalasticlala... this might happen to u someday o, Lets rid Nigeria of animals like this... Say Yes to jungle justice and lynching

33 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Seeeeeeee: 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
countsparrow:

You are a big foool, u think you know it all... You will get duped very soon, and i will come back here and tell you you are meant to be smarter than that...

Back to the topic, sorry about that @OP, some people are plain wicked.. How i wish there was something i could do...

Lalasticlala... this might happen to u someday o, Lets rid Nigeria of animals like this... Say Yes to jungle justice and lynching
Your sorry means nothing tell the OP to send his bank account atleast send him something, The popular saying goes dupe me once shame unto you, dupe me twice shame unto me... The OP WAS DUPED TWICE, IDAIT!

13 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by andyanders: 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
The pix above, is that the guy? If yes, they can get him. Report to any media house in the state and let his pix be shown. You must also keep all evidences.

10 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Booty4me: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
How u go send goods with out the buyer making a commitment first ..

I believe u have learned the hard way

Move on

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by AK6464(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry OP, don't let it weigh you down

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
thank you all, i will get over it...
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by countsparrow: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Your sorry means nothing tell the OP to send his bank account atleast send him something, The popular saying goes dupe me once shame unto you, dupe me twice shame unto me... The OP WAS DUPED TWICE, IDAIT!

I guess u find it hard comprehending simple english, how was he duped twice, he said he didnt know the first shoe had been picked up... Abegi, go sitdown for one place, ignoramus like u always feel ur opinion counts...

12 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Seeeeeeee: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
countsparrow:

I guess u find it hard comprehending simple english, how was he duped twice, he said he didnt know the first shoe had been picked up... Abegi, go sitdown for one place, ignoramus like u always feel ur opinion counts...
He sent the first shoe he need's to get an alert or the first shoe is returned to him before he could send another, if he was duped only the first shoe which he said cost about 29,000 naira then i won't worry about his intelligence, what made him to send another item making the total 58,000 naira to someone you haven't met before? As for you people here that will read your comment will know you're just plain stupid, intellectually dull and short-sighted.

14 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by saasala(m): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chai!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by drnairalov: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
sorrycry cry cry cry cry cry
money is scarce but not fair to dupe another

Please share this if you need money. Let us, at least, know how many we are.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by gift01: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
In this day and age....Shine your eye very well. This is Nigeria. The wolves are out to devour. Be very very vigilant and then extra careful
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Bantino(m): 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Quite a pity dear, please take heart.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by englishmart(m): 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
dupe him in aba

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ayindepremier: 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
[size=30pt]Welcome to Nigeria Sir![/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by timilehing(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
undecided
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by MadCow1: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by whizqueen(f): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Just imagine undecided in this hard timestimes embarassed

How can you cheat someone off his hard earned money and think you can get away with it? angry OP may not recover his money back but the scammer can never know peace.

One of the reasons I never do Pay on Delivery Outside Lagos! As a matter of fact you pay in advance even down to the waybill charges. I'd rather have my items unsold for months than take the risk of sending to a fraud.

Sorry for your loss OP. Don't worry you'd be rewarded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by RedCapChief(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Later in life, the person that duped OP will come and wail that his business is flopping and he can't impregnate his wife.

Na this kind thing dey cause am

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

What Business Can Start Doing With 400k? (Your Idea Is Welcome) / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Man Reacts To Picture Of Bill Gates And Elite Nigerians Seated Round A Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.