Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:29 PM

Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? (8368 Views)

Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Killed At Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos) / IPOB/Radio Biafra Sensitized The People Days In Advance Of The Planned Vaccine / Kachi Nwokocha Sponsored Gang That Beheaded Police DS - Wazobia Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 02, 2016
I often listen to WAZOBIA FM. I listen to TWITWI, OPJ, YOR, NEDU, IKECHUKWU and others, all presenters on WAZOBIA FM. I write this post to examine if it will be right to say that the activities of WAZOBIA FM is coroborating sentiments on IPOB radio.
1. Take the case of what happened on Wednesday 1st of June 6.30 - 8.00PM. The presenter hypocritically said both the army and IPOB protesters are wrong in bringing live arms into the protest arena, however he justified IPOB actions as as result of "NIGERIA AND THE FAULTY SYSTEM" - This looks like the rhetoric on Nigeria by IPOB and the contributors to the programmes whenever it tagged the country as the ZOO CALLED NIGERIA.
2. In hypocritically chastising IPOB for not using a civil method to dissent, the presenter OPJ, said of the protesters: "Will THEY not see you as committing treasonable felony" - It looks like IPOB rhetoric of calling Nigeria as they, while the igbos and others are Bia frans. Who are the "they"? Is OPJ not a Nigerian?

Anyway an IPOB member called into the radio station. The member confirmed that arrests were made and the number of arrests made. He mentioned specifics about an event occurring at IHIALA Junction and not at ONITSHA. He also reported that the soldiers who started operations on Sunday midnight killed in the church. When asked the name of the church he promised to give the name of the church to WAZOBIA FM later. He said the MAN-OF-GOD at the church has been arrested by DSS. This looks very much like IPOB radio agents making irresponsible reports to IPOB radio, without any NBC regulation and accountability. The caller said he got information about police instruction not to intervene in the protest from the Nigeria Police itself!

Many times the WAZOBIA radio fails to differentiate itself from unregulated social media. Anything goes. The same can be said of Nigeria-Info Radio station. Nigeria-Info is a radio station that has distinguished itself as a Niger Delta/Pro Igbo/Pro PDP and anti-North rhetoric radio. However, Nigeria Info does not match the lack of unguarded statements coming out of the mouth of OPJ.

WAZOBIA radio is by name thought to be the common man's radio and the radio station for all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. But it is clearly sectional and ethnic incitement to hatred and disaffection is preached there, at least every evening.

Always hypocritically paying lip service to what IPOB or IGBO or PDP is doing wrongly, but echoing for the most part all the anti-Nigeria, anti government rhetoric. You can listen to IPOB radio in the morning then listen to WAZOBIA in the evening and see the unmistakable similarity. For example, OPJ said, PMB failed to condemn Fulani-Herdsmen in his Democracy Day Broadcast but condemned the new Niger Delta Avengers. He concluded that this is because Buhari must have agreed that Fulani Herdsmen are BOKO-Haram appendages. This is a succinct pitching of Niger Delta avengers against the oppression of the Fulanis: A rhetoric found on IPOB radio. Which might point a WAZOBIA/IPOB synergy.

I don't know OPJ. His rhetorics and thought flow, gives me the impression of a man who is about 49 - 56 years old. So, I understand the preference for stereotype arguments such as "AWOLOWO is a traitor" and "OJUKWU was only asking questions". I know those rhetoric and stereotype arguments, especially, from an ISOKO/URHOBO man of that era, which can be very, very strong.
1. But when we are on AIR, is it right to compromise Nigerian UNITY for the anger of the opposition.
2. When we are on AIR, is it right to compromise Nigerian UNITY by encouraging anger of youths in the East or South-South.
3. Who is ultimately controlling OPJ and his anchor on the 6 - 8PM belt? Is it his Lebanese(?) boss? or worse still is it IPOB?
4. Why is that only IGBO/PDP/Niger Delta/Anti Fulani-Hausa/Anti Nigerian government and anti non Igbo sentiments is usually very strong at WAZOBIA FM?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by xtgozie(m): 12:15am On Jun 02, 2016
If e pain you open your own radio station, and name it Radio Change.

Please excuse me let me read other posts

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 02, 2016
xtgozie:
If e pain you open your own radio station, and name it IPOB Radio Change.

Please excuse me let me read other posts
OK
Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 02, 2016
How safe is it (if true) to parrot IPOB sentiments in Nigeria?
Is it a reflection of the owner of the radio station, who will not be in Nigeria if hateful sentiments becomes viral in Lagos and many other states?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by OjukwuWarBird: 12:39am On Jun 02, 2016
Trash. No wonder people like the Op write Jamb several times. Press Freedom is part of democracy.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 02, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
Trash. No wonder people like the Op write Jamb several times. Press Freedom is part of democracy.
So WAZOBIA is IPOB? lipsrsealed
Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by AnotherSeun(m): 12:44am On Jun 02, 2016
i noticed that too......
the same goes to de don happy hour show... they always seem sentimental wen discussing topics like this,,,,reasons i stopped listening to those home bell called radio stations

mr op i appreciate yu for creating awareness on stuffs like this...
I just hope this awareness doesnt stop here,, ....

if you r going to make bias statements all the time on issues tabled b4 you,, then yu shudnt be a radio or tv presenter because its part of their ethics to stay neutral all the time and also make opinion base on facts..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 02, 2016
I hope Igbos aren't taking it personal?

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by LesbianBoy(m): 12:55am On Jun 02, 2016
This OP thinks he is smart grin grin grin grin why are you focusing on OPJ alone? Is it because he is an urhobo man? Last time i checked, OPJ anchors the program with TWITWI a FULL-BLOODED YORUBA MAN. I notice how you kept saying in this your useless post "OPJ and his anchor". You want to pretend like you don't know the name of the anchor and where he is from abi? cheesy cheesy Anyway, as for what they say on that program, they speak the truth! The problem with you ZOMBIES is that, you guys hate the TRUTH with all their heart grin grin grin grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by VocalWalls: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2016
themall:
Is that so? Kindly explain how?

You mean they should not air their opinion because they work for wazobia?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 02, 2016
How does WAZOBIA compare to Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines (RTLMC). It was a Rwandan radio station which broadcast from July 8, 1993 to July 31, 1994. It played a significant role during the April–July 1994 Rwandan Genocide.

These are the broadcasts which aired in 1994 during the Rwandan genocide, which took place from April through early July of that year and in which 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were massacred.

What is especially interesting about the content of these broadcasts was the way in which its efforts to direct the extermination of the Tutsi population was paralleled by its efforts to claim authority over the telling of history. The radio broadcasts reveal a struggle over who gets to tell history and, therefore, a struggle over a monopoly on truth. In one broadcast which aired on April 12, 1994 Georges Ruggiu gives his audience a history lesson. He evokes Tutsi discrimination against Hutus in the colonial educational system and the ways in which the Germans and Belgians perpetuated this discrimination.

Ruggiu situates the RPF’s efforts to seize power in Rwanda and oppress Hutus within that context. He goes on to describe how Hutus, beginning with the first school for Tutsis in 1917, were denied education and how, as a result of this denial of access, the Hutu became slaves to the Tutsi “who, according to the colonial legend, were born to rule.”

Widely listened to by the general population, it projected racist propaganda against Tutsis, moderate Hutus, Belgians, and the United Nations mission UNAMIR. It is widely regarded by many Rwandan citizens (a view also shared and expressed by the UN war crimes tribunal) as having played a crucial role in creating the atmosphere of charged racial hostility that allowed the genocide to occur.

A study by a Harvard University researcher estimates that 9.9% of the participation in the genocidal violence was due to the broadcasts. The estimate of the study suggests that approximately 51,000 deaths were caused by the station's broadcasts.

So, radio broadcasts ought to be regulated. What is allowed on Nairaland and other social media, cannot be allowed on radio or TV in any country. Not even in Old Biafra!
Source:Wikipedia, etc

9 Likes

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by cbrass(m): 1:25am On Jun 02, 2016
Themall you are very vigilant, it's been long I listened to wasobia fm, if you noticed most callers on Nigeria.Info are ibos from alaba. There is something fishy, just Chill bro we will smoke them out

2 Likes

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 02, 2016
VocalWalls:

You mean [b]they should not air their opinion [/b]because they work for wazobia?
Care must be exercised, when it comes to personal opinions. No need for such care on social media!

2 Likes

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 02, 2016
cbrass:
Themall you are very vigilant, it's been long I listened to wasobia fm, if you noticed most callers on Nigeria.Info are ibos from alaba. There is something fishy, just Chill bro we will smoke them out
Abegi ooo, No smoke anybody oooo
Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by cbrass(m): 1:34am On Jun 02, 2016
I was sooo shocked the day one girl called zoe who works at naijainfo was showering praises on stela odua during the bullet proof car saga

1 Like

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by cbrass(m): 1:44am On Jun 02, 2016
themall:
Abegi ooo, No smoke anybody oooo

Bro, just chill they will soon serve Into our hands grin
Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 02, 2016
cbrass:
I was sooo shocked the day one girl called zoe who works at naijainfo was showering praises on stela odua during the bullet proof car saga
Nigeria Info is another ball game altogether. The radio concept is good, but the sentiments of the presenters appears to be influenced towards a sectional bias. This often rubs off negatively on the station. One day a man called in and due to his heavy Northern accent, {ICC (International Criminal Court) sounded like ISIL (Islamic State)}, the female presenter so much castigated the caller that it took the reprimand of other callers, even call from the USA to correct her attitude, and she had to sheepishly apologize for the mix-up.
Her reaction was aggravated by the fact that the caller was not towing the presenters line of line of reasoning..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:51am On Jun 02, 2016
cbrass:
See this one! Don't listen na, who dey beg you! Geraraheremen shiiiii grin grin grin grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 02, 2016
LesbianBoy:

See this one! Don't listen na, who dey beg you! Geraraheremen shiiiii grin grin grin grin
This one Obasanjo was what derailed the last administration! Back to the matter. Is WAZOBIA sympathetic to IPOB?!

3 Likes

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by SirVintageCock: 2:49am On Jun 02, 2016
I want to use this medium to thank the anchor and his team for being vocal about the faulty Nigerian system and foundation.
So Op, why exactly are you fidgeting over this? Nigerian unity. Bwa bwa haahahaha. What's that

11 Likes

Re: Wazobia: Regulated Version Of Ipob Radio? by omowolewa: 3:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Almost all media houses are not neutral, we all have our sentiment as human being.
The agitation in some quarter about Nigeria indicates that we need to act fast. NE/SE/SS out of 6 regions? That mean there is a fault that eats deep into the foundation of the Nation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Baptist School: Bandits Release Another 15 Abducted Students / The Moment Remi Tinubu Shouted At Her Husband For Sleeping At APC Campaign / Ajaero: Most Governors In Review Committee Not Paying Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.