Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows (838 Views)

Driving In Heavy Winds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by pacino26(m): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2016
My infiniti QX4 currently unlocks itself and winds down the side windows automatically. This operation is usually done with the car remote but now it's running just like that since last night. embarassed

Help needed please house.
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by mayor2013: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
pacino26:
My infiniti QX4 currently unlocks itself and winds down the side windows automatically. This operation is usually done with the car remote but now it's running just like that since last night. embarassed

Do you have an aftermarket remote installed on your car? It seems more like your body control module is going Gaga. Take off your battery terminal for 5mins and refit back while the key is out of the ignition
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by pacino26(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
mayor2013:

Do you have an aftermarket remote installed on your car? It seems more like your body control module is going Gaga. Take off your battery terminal for 5mins and refit back while the key is out of the ignition

Will try just that. It came with the car.
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by DGD1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
seems metaphysical beings are chilling in ur ride,
Mfm prayercity things loading
lols

heed to expert's advice above

2 Likes

Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
pacino26:

water or liquid seeped into the FOB or the door electrical, have it cleaned out and problem will be solved
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
pacino26:

I think GAZZUZZ is right, that action you described is done be pressing and holding the open button for 2-3 secs, so its being engaged one way or the other, if you could open the fob and clean it.
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by baconline(m): 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
The unlock on the fob is permanently depressed, open d fob and remove the battery , don't put the battery back and note,if it no more happens your fob is d culprit, it it still happens check d door actuators
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by pacino26(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
baconline:
The unlock on the fob is permanently depressed, open d fob and remove the battery , don't put the battery back and note,if it no more happens your fob is d culprit, it it still happens check d door actuators

Seems I'll visit coal camp. Of the moment I only use the central lock by the driver's side to avoid the incessant opening.

FOB na wetin
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by baconline(m): 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
Fob na d remote oh
Re: Car Unlocks Itself And Winds Down Side Windows by pacino26(m): 3:32am On Jun 03, 2016
baconline:
Fob na d remote oh

Forward operating base nko grin grin grin grin na this kind grammar de make people lose fine girls.

(1) (Reply)

Do you use a semi-synthetic/full synthetic oil and how much is it? / In Need Of 2003-2005 Audi Allroad Spring Shocks. / This Innoson Bus Was Spotted In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.