Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

God Is Literally A Stupid Designer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Literally A Stupid Designer (5272 Views)

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does / Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
I have heard the intelligent design argument so many times, and i sometimes ask myself, what are these people smoking

Lets break down this so-called "Intelligent Designer's" Design

Universe

- Most planets orbit are unstable
- Less than 3% of a gas-cloud actually forms a star
- Most places kill life instantly (heat, radiation, cold).
- Galaxy orbit brings you near a supernova (the chances that we would be wiped out by this means is very high)
- Our Galaxy is on a collision course with Andromeda
- One-way Universe will wind down to oblivion

Earth

- Earthquakes and volcanoes level cities and villages (These is Nature killing us and not man's inhumanity to man which can be argued is a consequence of freewill).
- Tsunamis kills in the thousands
- Floods, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Lightning strikes
- Cant live on two third of the earth's surface
- Freeze or starve on half of what remains
- Mass extinctions (diseases, climate shifts, killer asteroids)
- 99% of all life that ever lived is now extinct
- Inner solar system is a shooting gallery
- Took 3.5billion years for multi-cellular life to form (smh, intelligent indeed).

Humans

- Aggressive childhood lukemia, hemophilia, sickle cell anaemia
- Epilepsy, parkinson, ALS
- A Narrow view of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Vision loss with age
- Teeth fall out
- Alzheimers, Prostate cancer
- Exhale most of the oxygen we inhale
- Warm-blooded must eat constantly compared with crocodiles (a crocodile can eat a chicken for a month and be perfectly fine) lipsrsealed
- Pratically comatose for one third of our lives cry
- cant detect magnetic fields, ionizing radiation fields, Radon undecided
- cant smell the gases (C0, CH4, CO2) but when we inhale, we die instantly cry
- Birth defects cry
- we use the same holes to talk, breathe and eat (meaning choking is highly probable) lipsrsealed
- Those things inbetween your legs (who designs an entertainment house close to a sewage system)

I think God needs to go to Design school because there is nothing intelligent about his design whatsoever...

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
cc cloudgoddess, davien, ValentineMary, Tufanja, ElDaIllest, Immorttal, koolJ1, Redlyn, HardMirror, fearlesschicken, Baddchristy, alves4, ichommy, johnydon22, hahn
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by austin2all: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
Who believes in god anyway. Only the weak and gullible ones do.
I'm a god of myself. Even their god knows this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by stigmond(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Then suggest your own experimental design.
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by escavros: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Piccaso created many abstarct art works. They may look out of order, but scincerely they were designed to be so.

God is a greater artist, and Everything that God created is for a purpose. It may look out of order, but it was designed to be so for His divine pleasure.

"Thou art worthy O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast creadted all thing , and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev 4:11)

Q. what is yours?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by MDsambo: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
what an expensive nonsense?
Why dont yhu modify the things yhu think are not well designed..

yhu can't even sew ur own clothes...

3 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by HardMirror(m): 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
donnffd:
cc cloudgoddess, davien, ValentineMary, Tufanja, ElDaIllest, Immorttal, koolJ1, Redlyn, HardMirror, fearlesschicken, Baddchristy, alves4, ichommy, johnydon22, hahn
What if what we see as design is actually chaos?
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
stigmond:
Then suggest your own experimental design.

For starters, i would change or at least solve everything up there in the list
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
escavros:

Q. what is yours?

Thats the point of the post, if i wanted to design a universe for my creatures, would i do it with all these numerous flaws? what was i thinking?

3 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
MDsambo:
what an expensive nonsense?

Why dont yhu modify the things yhu think are not well designed..

yhu can't even sew ur own clothes...

I am not claiming its designed, you are the one claiming that, i am just pointing you to the obvious incredible flaws of your creator's design.

My standpoint is and always will be, IT WASNT DESIGNED

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
HardMirror:

What if what we see as design is actually chaos?

I agree, sometimes chaos can have the illusion of design even when it is clear not!

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Daft thread .

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by davien(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
donnffd, please do not reply any troll here... kindly go on.

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by ichommy(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?
Nice Thread donnffd.

KingEbukasBlog, Must u comment or show @ all thread? SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
ichommy:
Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?

Nice Thread donnffd.

KingEbukasBlog, Must u comment or show @ all thread? SMH

What's your problem ? Do you own this site ? undecided
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
This universe was created for temporal use . A new one would emerge when the time comes . Specious arguments as usual . Has any atheist brought forward a reasonable argument since the world began ? I haven't seen one
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by escavros: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
the obvious according to you are not flaws.
i earlier refered to Piccaso's works.

if something is for a purpose, do you call it a flaw?

donnffd:

Thats the point of the post, if i wanted to design a universe for my creatures, would i do it with all these numerous flaws? what was i thinking?
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by ichommy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What's your problem ? Do you own this site ? undecided

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Flora and Fauna

- Locust, nerve cells start in the abdomen but connect to the wing.

- The existence of unnecessary wings in flightless birds, e.g. ostriches

- The route of the recurrent laryngeal nerve is such that it travels from the brain to the larynx by looping around the aortic arch. This same configuration holds true for many animals; in the case of the giraffe, this results in about twenty feet of extra nerve.

- The loss of tetrachromatic vision by mammals as compared to other tetrapods.

- The enzyme RuBisCO has been described as a "notoriously inefficient" enzyme, as it is inhibited by oxygen, has a very slow turnover and is not saturated at current levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

- Sturdy but heavy bones, suited for non-flight, occurring in animals like bats.

- Unstable, light, hollow bones, suited for flight, occurring in birds like penguins and ostriches, which cannot fly.

- Various vestigial body parts, like the femur and pelvis in whales (evolution says the ancestor of whales lived on land).

- Turritopsis nutricula and Hydra genus have biological immortality, but most animals do not.

- Plants are green and not black, as chlorophyll absorbs green light poorly, even though black plants would absorb more light energy.

- Whales and dolphins breathe air, but live in the water, meaning they must swim to the surface frequently to breathe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by ValentineMary(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice one Donffd. I wonder why people call it an intelligent design yet nothing is intelligent about it.

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by johnydon22(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
ValentineMary:
Nice one Donffd. I wonder why people call it an intelligent design yet nothing is intelligent about it.

Neil Degress Tyson calls it, The Stupi_d design Hypothesis....

It's a hypothesis one which i find noble but starkly biased in it's defence, i find it a noble line of thought conceived by the ancients who used superstition to make sense of their world.

But in essence its simply Naive.

I'll open a thread soon in the science section giving a scientific perspective to most of these wriggles of man's philosophical, theological, scientific approach to the world.

Meanwhile you can Join our 'Cosmological and Philosophical forum' in the science section. I'm sure this question of universal design will soon crop up to be discussed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
escavros:
the obvious according to you are not flaws.
i earlier refered to Piccaso's works.

if something is for a purpose, do you call it a flaw?

When you design a whale and dolphin for the sea but give them lungs, while giving other fishes gills!!!

its obvious you know what works, but instead you do the opposite! does that sound very intelligent to you?

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by hahn(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
donnffd:
I have heard the intelligent design argument so many times, and i sometimes ask myself, what are these people smoking

Lets break down this so-called "Intelligent Designer's" Design

Universe

- Most planets orbit are unstable
- Less than 3% of a gas-cloud actually forms a star
- Most places kill life instantly (heat, radiation, cold).
- Galaxy orbit brings you near a supernova (the chances that we would be wiped out by this means is very high)
- Our Galaxy is on a collision course with Andromeda
- One-way Universe will wind down to oblivion

Earth

- Earthquakes and volcanoes level cities and villages (These is Nature killing us and not man's inhumanity to man which can be argued is a consequence of freewill).
- Tsunamis kills in the thousands
- Floods, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Lightning strikes
- Cant live on two third of the earth's surface
- Freeze or starve on half of what remains
- Mass extinctions (diseases, climate shifts, killer asteroids)
- 99% of all life that ever lived is now extinct
- Inner solar system is a shooting gallery
- Took 3.5billion years for multi-cellular life to form (smh, intelligent indeed).

Humans

- Aggressive childhood lukemia, hemophilia, sickle cell anaemia
- Epilepsy, parkinson, ALS
- A Narrow view of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Vision loss with age
- Teeth fall out
- Alzheimers, Prostate cancer
- Exhale most of the oxygen we inhale
- Warm-blooded must eat constantly compared with crocodiles (a crocodile can eat a chicken for a month and be perfectly fine) lipsrsealed
- Pratically comatose for one third of our lives cry
- cant detect magnetic fields, ionizing radiation fields, Radon undecided
- cant smell the gases (C0, CH4, CO2) but when we inhale, we die instantly cry
- Birth defects cry
- we use the same holes to talk, breathe and eat (meaning choking is highly probable) lipsrsealed
- Those things inbetween your legs (who designs an entertainment house close to a sewage system)

I think God needs to go to Design school because there is nothing intelligent about his design whatsoever...

I have to disagree. The world is perfectly bleeped tongue

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by davien(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Humans can grow tiny balls of stony gunk at the back of their throat called tonsil stones,it is mostly leftovers of food eaten by bacteria... Who designed that? shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
The idea of design is particular to man's visual perspective only.

If we had the visual capacity of a microscopic lens, we will be able to observe all the chaos around us.
For instance, the smooth surfaces we see would appear rough if we could observe the war amongst germs and other microscopic lifeforms.

The world, the moon, the waters, the human body, the atmosphere will be chaotic from a closer perspective.

And most people often live in the illusion of a perfectly shaped world. Whereby we don't have the right to interpret the world in our own visual capacity only. This would be errornous, and as a matter of fact, unrealistic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
ValentineMary:

People see order, beauty in the universe and they call it Design, they either forget to look closely or simply ignore all the disorder and unpleasantness of the Universe...

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Foolish threader

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
Muafrika2:
Foolish threader

Even his reasons can be easily rebutted or even no significant reason at all . It would be a rigmarole , so i'll let him enjoy feeling reasonable undecided

4 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
Muafrika2:
Foolish threader
hahaha
E pain am!

KingEbukasBlog

I'm sure you are the one who liked this pained comment.

Modified: I couldn't be more correct!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pyrrho:
hahaha
E pain am!

KingEbukasBlog

I'm sure you are the one who liked this pained comment.

Modified: I couldn't be more correct!

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Even his reasons can be easily rebutted or even no significant reason at all . It would be a rigmarole , so i'll let him enjoy feeling reasonable undecided
Just another pained atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by theoneJabulani(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
This universe was created for temporal use . A new one would emerge when the time comes . Specious arguments as usual . Has any atheist brought forward a reasonable argument since the world began ? I haven't seen one
Here comes the troll

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Tithes Are Important / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength / TB Joshua Prophesies Death On 2go / Facebook Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.