Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,382 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 PM

Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... (33718 Views)

Davido’s “assurance Falz’s “this Is Nigeria” Lead Nigerian Songs Released In May / Top Ten Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In May 2018 / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good lyrics is certainly a feature that is very scarce in the Nigerian Music industry ..However, there has been an improvement in recent times in line with the Global acceptance , nigerian artistes and their music are getting recently... We bring to you 11 lines that are synoymous with nigerian tracks like bread and butter and that you are almost certain to hear on most nigerian tracks...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
1) I will Take You – This is a line you are almost certain to hear in a Nigerian song. Artistes that are recording in slums and struggle to book studio sessions are so in love with this particular line. You see someone who is still living in ajegunle screaming i will take you to london, i will take you to paris, i will take you higher, i will take you to toronto....and many more fantasy lands. The most painful thing is that most of that dont even call togo, ghana and south africa which are countries they can struggle to take this girls to and help develop africa..

2) I get Money – I get money, i get dollars, i get pounds.. Most of this artistes have not even see real dollars and pounds , not to talk of holding it or possessing these currencies to the extent of spending it yafun yafun or on girls.. i will spray you pounds and dollars, i get plenty money, i get money, my money dey overflow ,the only competition i get na dangote yet their contract is 70 – 30 percent ...... hmmn, you get money and you still dey borrow clothes go show and borrow loan record track, God dey..

3) Back then when i was broke/ in the Ghetto - Every Nigerian artiste is never rich from the start. Even those with billionaire father will say “ i remember when i had no money in my back account “.Nigerian artistes believe they have to create a feeling that they suffered and husstled to the top with no dime. This is in order to connect with the crowd that listens to them . No recent nigerian album where a track wouldnt be how the artist use to drink garri with no water or walk to studio to and fro with one shoe.

4) Baby / love – Baby or doll, na them know.. perhaps Nigerian songs are the reason why most nigerian girls dont reason well again... Almost all songs , our nigerian girls are referred to as babies.. baby comman take chocolate, baby oo gimme love , baby na you i want.. What went wrong with using be my girl, with using woman, ladies or lass??

5) Eh and yeh - Eh .... yeba ooo ehen ehen..i thank God for blessing .. you will hear one background eh ehen... ehen ehen.. what are you ehen ehen ??.... ye oo baby.. ye .. ah ah ... yeh yeh.... why this

6) Low- Nigeria artists will never tell you to go high ...... there is almost an 100 percent certainty you will hear this in any nigerian club track.. Bend down low, go down low, wine it low , shake it low, take it slow.... A sure item in nigerian tracks.No wonder the economy is low.. oya buhari, go low, oya okonjo , go low..

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by CzarRex: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
what of lines like

'baby i like ur package,i like ur body'
'i go marry u if u...'
or claiming to be from the streets or they own the streets and also a special part of the song is dedicated for hailing fellow artists or important people

almost all lines in naija songs are predictable

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
7) I will Buy you- I will buy you motor, i will buy you house.. i will buy you this ,i will buy you car ...yet you cant buy yourself a car, everything na hire purchase....I will buy you house for banana island yet you dey..... no make me vex ooo.

cool Am killing/ i am the king- Bragging right... Av been killing this since primary four, i be killing all the beat ... Na me be king ... king for where.. Even those with no hit song will be shouting na me be king na me be king.... You see almost all naija rappers using this line .. God dey

9) Yoruba- It almost certain to hear a yoruba line on 90 percent of nigerian songs.. Lagos been the capital of entertainment and everyone is trying to break into the lagos market might been the reason for artistes decision to drop one or two yoruba lines in their song.. mostly oya jo, beremole, omoge and many more.

10) On the mix- you must hear this one ...... its someone that sha mixed it and in nigerian music scene, it is by fire by force that you mention the sound engineer name at the end of the track or your track no go blow.. Oya lalasticlala aka snakeman on the mix ... frontpage mix .. lol

11) Barca- Baby this your barca, when i see her barca.. she carry gan ....... this are lines that is almost sure that you hear in naija tracks. I will give u designer, she say she want designer and this barca go reach my final.... ‘ sighs’

notable mentions- designer, baba,

written by iamsynord
twitter @iamsynord

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by ivyy(f): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
very on point grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by floragregs(f): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
If them remove all these things wey u mention, wetin come remain again na? Abeg free them jor.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by ettaetta(m): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nigerians only dance to the beats without listening to the lyrics.

See behind the scene pictures of my first music video shoot https://www.nairaland.com/3146875/behind-scene-pictures-first-music

10 Likes

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
I am also an artist myself.... And i believe Good lyrics is good music

check out my New single Tonight ft Ybeez

DOWNLOAD HERE

i promise you wont regret it..

Comments and Criticisms are highly appreciated

3 Likes

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by LesbianBoy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
I will take you round the world - Lesbianboy ft. ivyy

1 Like

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
Cc lalasticlala, dominique
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by elobyobi: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
What about giving God the glory that they're supposed to be giving Satan. Cuz I'm pretty sure mentioning God on the same track as "when juice no dey to mix my gin" or in the same album as "shake up ya bum-bum" or in that "Manuchim so" video with halfnaked babes....God be like "no be me and you o!" undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
elobyobi:
What about giving God the glory that they're supposed to be giving Satan. Cuz I'm pretty sure mentioning God on the same track as "when juice no dey to mix my gin" or in the same album as "shake up ya bum-bum" or in that "Manuchim so" video with halfnaked babes....God be like "no be me and you o!" undecided

which one be manuchim so...?
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by CaroLyner(f): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
3)"Back then when i was broke/ in the Ghetto -Every Nigerian artiste is never rich from the
start. Even those with billionaire father will say “ i remember when i had no money in my back
account “.Nigerian artistes believe they have to create a feeling that they suffered and husstled to the top with no dime. This is in
order to connect with the crowd that listens to them"

davido grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Gabaleve(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
ettaetta:

I greet u bros, I dey try pm u, but e b like say d stuff dey fuckedd up
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by BossKratos: 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
grin

What of "kirikata"?

4 Likes

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

What of "kirikata"?
. Lol....
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by ettaetta(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Gabaleve:

I greet u bros, I dey try pm u, but e b like say d stuff dey fuckedd up
here is my current mail address offiongentertainment@gmail.com
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by elobyobi: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Iamsynord:

which one be manuchim so...?
A song
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
CaroLyner:
3)"Back then when i was broke/ in the Ghetto -Every Nigerian artiste is never rich from the
start. Even those with billionaire father will say “ i remember when i had no money in my back
account “.Nigerian artistes believe they have to create a feeling that they suffered and husstled to the top with no dime. This is in
order to connect with the crowd that listens to them"

davido grin

lol... Why ?. Na u talk am ooo

3 Likes

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by ivyy(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
LesbianBoy:

grin grin grin
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Cc lalasticlala..lalasticlala, can this get to frontpage to sample the people opinion on this lines.
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2016
floragregs:
If them remove all these things wey u mention, wetin come remain again na? Abeg free them jor.

see them oooo........cc lalasticlala
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lmao .....oga oooo .....
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:
Lmao .....oga oooo .....
na so we see am
cc hatux, redcard1,iamopemipo
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by HornyTiwa(f): 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
What of whine your waist cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
HornyTiwa:
What of whine your waist cheesy
lmao thats true ooo... Whine your waist ,,,,,
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
CzarRex:
what of lines like

'baby i like ur package,i like ur body'
'i go marry u if u...'
or claiming to be from the streets or they own the streets and also a special part of the song is dedicated for hailing fellow artists or important people

almost all lines in naija songs are predictable

true yarn boss... You hardly hear meaningful lyrics in songs this days

the i go marry you if u ..line got me grin
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
ettaetta:

true talk oga mi..if not, wetin make terryG...
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
LesbianBoy:

the remix will feature vic O.....grin

1 Like

Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by demolinka(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
...xyz on the beat
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
demolinka:
...xyz on the beat
,,,, shocked
Re: Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lalasticlala, this thing no go reach front page so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.