Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

FG Scraps Post-ume - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps Post-ume (74411 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Endison:

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-scraps-post-utme/

Rumour!! Lol*** shey na only u watch NTA on thursday ba? Kai, ur lie no polite O.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by mayorchelsea(m): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.
You really suck according to your monicker. so post-utme is really recognised by Nigerian law?It's better you restrict your comments to party and tribal ones so as to avoid this kind of display of epic ignorance

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by stanisbaratheon: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
universities will admit candidates with higher jamb scores. Ouch to those that score low because in the end 180 may not be enough to get into any university when the required number of students have been admitted
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Oruemu(f): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Has anyone tried dis food combination? Weed n garri soaked n eaten fresh pepper , go give it a try today n thank me later
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Rajosh(m): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
This will just make admission more difficult for a common man
With post UTME,they have no choice they must give you admission if you beat the cut of mark
But now it will boil down to connection,i mean you have to bribe before you get admission
ra ra o. Even with after attaining the cut off mark, admission isn't that sure o. until they give to their own candidates first. It's happening already bro. connection things.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Does this mean once you attain 180 you are sure of admission?

This jokers.... Now people who passed will be uncertain of getting admission and the schools will say they have exhausted the available capacity. It will now be who knows who.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Muyoatlanta(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Its not University of Ife but Obafemi Awolowo University. And its not University of Lagos but Moshood Abiola University, sowie UNILAG.....WINK!quote author=Endison post=46207532]

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-scraps-post-utme/[/quote]
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Instead of them to leave post ume and scrap jamb they are doing the opposite. Which kind leaders dey this country sef.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Taryur3(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Story for the gods of Buhari. I trust schools like Oau,unilorin,unizik,and unn...they will surely conduct Pume...those four schools always think they surpass fed government policy.If u are a jambites and u relaxing ur nerves on this news,you are on your own.naija universities takes law into dere own hands.federal government have been trying this since 2008....e no work out.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
CzarRex:
wow i like this kind of news,so person no go roll for ground b4 him enter school

watchout for some top schools increasing their cut-off marks to 250
Only the A listed schools can go above 180. Pegged at 200
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is very good. Kudos cool
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
menix:
Thank God ooo!!!, with my 181 i will get admitted into UNILAG to study medicine...

U scored below 200 simple because u can't comprehend simple news report.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Mickael2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
But this is absolute crap.

I could care less about this policy since I'm already done, but my junior brother just told me that they have scrapped putme. I mean, are they even thinking at all either through their anus or anywhere at all?! Jamb is the main problem in Nigeria not Putme. Putme is the real yardstick, or how will they admit students now? Highest Jamb score first? But that's not fair knowing that a lot of abnomalities occured during this past Jamb, I mean Nigeria! Which way are we going?!

5 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by bettercreature(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
Rajosh:
ra ra o. Even with after attaining the cut off mark, admission isn't that sure o. until they give to their own candidates first. It's happening already bro. connection things.
You are wrong! schools set Post UTME cut of mark according to the number of available slot and number of candidates that beat the particular scores,if you beat the scores you will get admitted that is 100%
School want best candidates so they will never deny you if you fly very high
No matter how poor your family is if you score very high,they'd have no choice than to add your name to first batch
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by LemonBoy1: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue

oga, try to understand a post before commenting.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by seunny4lif(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
grin grin
Tell oooh
But watchout for Zombies bullets grin grin
Rilwayne001:

yes they can lie for Africa.

Don't you know the full meaning of APC?

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ibietela2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Scrap jamb allow schools to conduct their own exams, how hard it is? Why can't this useless country get things right
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ibietela2(m): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
You are wrong! schools set Post UTME cut of mark according to the number of available slot and number of candidates that beat the particular scores,if you beat the scores you will get admitted that is 100%
School want best candidates so they will never deny you if you fly very high
No matter how poor your family is if you score very high,they'd have no choice than to add your name to first batch

He is right if you like score 300% you might miss out
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by wellmax(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.

Kindly show us the LAW enabling Post UME.

Some of just wake up, thinking NL is your village square with you as the local champion.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by johnero353(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin Ope oooh grin grin But I don't believe sha grin grin APC can lie jooor grin grin

APC and lies
lolz
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by wellmax(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin
Ope oooh grin grin
But I don't believe sha grin grin
APC can lie jooor grin grin
APC and lies

This pics is becoming stale.

Point out the lie in the report, dundee united.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Damfostopper(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
congratulations..... Uve av suceeded In showing ur stupidiity to d world.... Ur stupidiity exceeds my understanding

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by pfadom: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Why is it so hard to think before making comments. What is clueless in this policy? To curb corruption, you have to block all avenues that aid the monster. What good thing had post-UTME offered prospective candidates to our tertiary institutions rather than milking the parents dry.

Please think.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by tete7000(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue

Go back and read well. You definitely don't understand what was written there. If you read and still can't understand, come back and I will explain to you. Olodo!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by agadaone1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pls scrap NYSC too....its of no use anymore

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tankotanko: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
The Best Policy so far. What the HELL is post-jamb tests. Avenue to defraud already defrauded Nigerians. Honestly best news of the decade.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by MaziOmenuko: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bonjelomo:
We are getting there little by little.

One more thing remaining: supplementary admission should be ended!

Poor smart kids will study so hard to score 260 and the university authority will put the cut off at 270. Only 10 students will be admitted on merit....at the end of the day, 200 students will be matriculated!

Where did d remaining 190 students come from? Yes, relatives of lecturers and children of rich men, who can afford to buy admission!

A recent secret survey revealed that about 97 percent of the students admitted into colleges of Medicine in Nigerian universities are either RELATED TO A LECTURER, or has a rich parent.

Good move mr Minister.

This is exactly what we faced in the pre-PostUTME era: after hitting 254 in JAMB, the Univeristy will place a very high cut-off of 280 with very few names in the merit list. They will later sell supplementary forms and admit over 100 students much later.
What is the rationale behind this?

I believe the post UTME was a welcome development as it weeded off the chaffs that scored high in UME with runs.

4 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tankotanko: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:

The ASUU Strike can load to high Heavens if they care. The devilish Exploitation MUST Stop. Q E D.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tankotanko: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:

The ASUU Strike can load to high Heavens if they care. The devilish Exploitation MUST Stop. Q E D.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Emimoney(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
menix:
Thank God ooo!!!, with my 181 i will get admitted into UNILAG to study medicine...
apply for next yr jamb

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tome4real(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Really Nice
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ojeota(f): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is a welcome development. Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to education. Both the academic sound and the not too sound because at the end it is what you can do and not what you graduate with or the school you graduate from.

School is just a Platform to build on and everyone should have that opportunity and experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.