Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone (26339 Views)

I'm Using A Phone With A 5000mah Battery But I'm Seriously Disappointed / Checkout Tecno WX3P With 5000mah Battery That Cost Just N25,000. / 4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
The improvement of smartphones over the years in terms of specs and sophistication has been awesome. With Android, many things which were initially imagined were all of a sudden made possible.

At one point in time, it was hard to imagine a phone with a screen larger than 4 inches. 4" display was considered more than enough. But over time, courtesy of Android, bigger displays came into existence denying all assumptions. Phone screen size went on increasing, and finally it reached the maximum possible size that, one can hold in his hand. At present, 5" screen size has become the standard size but it is hard to feed large screens.

Aside bigger screen size; modern smartphones have faster processors, HD gaming abilities and not forgetting that Android which is the major OS is a resource consuming OS, it therefore requires more RAM and CPU which are all battery drainers.

Many of these phones with big screen and good specs but with regular 1500mAh to 2400mAh batteries can barely stay up to 12 hours at moderate use. It is safe to say therefore that all these good features of the modern smartphones came with a price; the major one being the rate of battery consumption. Gone are the days when your phone can last 2 to 3 days without charging.

Because of these battery challenges, many phone manufacturers innovated and brought in super battery phones to make consumers happy. We now see phones with 4000mAh, 5000mAh and even 6000mAh. These are massive juice to keep you going.
Is there anyone who doesn't love a big-capacity battery? For many people, the battery life is the single most important consideration when buying a new phone.

The advantages of having these big battery phones cannot be over emphasized enough especially in a country like Nigeria where epileptic power supply is the order of the day. Assuming you have a phone with 5000mAh battery capacity, you are certain that would last you well over a day at moderate use. Instead of carrying your charger about everywhere and always on the lookout for charging points, you can move lighter and much more conveniently while being rest assured that your phone would see you through the day.

You would also save money with a big battery phone. Money that would have gone into buying a power bank to supplement a small battery phone would be used for something more useful. 5,000 naira might look small but not everyone can afford such amount for power bank in Nigeria with the current economic situation.

Finally, a big battery phone gives you the ability to work much more efficiently, play games, browse and stream videos without thinking of battery consumption as your battery got your back.

What are the other advantages of having A BIG battery phone that you can think of?

2 Likes

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
Oga honsule and toluxa1, wetin una feel for this matter?

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by klinpami(f): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Which 5000mAh phone would you recommend?

3 Likes

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
klinpami:

If i start naming them now, it would look like i am marketing phones. Just make use of google

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Alphasunday(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
The risk of plugin your phone to charge at in safe points will be limited with a big power phone, like the new realised it1408 its a good tin itel knows what Nigerians need,
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Emmaway(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
On point, I think I'll be get a device with a big battery next time.
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Lawalmd(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Alphasunday:
The risk of plugin your phone to charge at in safe points will be limited with a big power phone, like the new realised it1408 its a good tin itel knows what Nigerians need,
Itel it1408 are you for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Esseson1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Does itel have a device running on this battery capacity? Pls help me...
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by golddeejay(m): 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
am a testimony to dat...with my lenovo vibe p1m that comes with 4000mah, I can go 1 and half day without charging. been an heavy user, I press my fone all thru d nite (my fine is for work and pleasure). I barely worry abt low ba3, I jst turn power saver on once it gets to 15%, dat will serve for a long time...I just reduce my usage. so battery is so important esp if u r in naija

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by ESheriff1(m): 1:10am On Jun 05, 2016
Which brand do you know and recommend for such battery capacity?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by donhils: 2:49am On Jun 05, 2016
All these long thing written here just to talk about battery? Plus I don't want to be carrying heavy load every now and then cos I want 5000mah battery. I'd prefer a super slim, fast, classy and elegant looking phone with 3000mah battery to all these heavy loads from chinko companies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Baroba(m): 5:20am On Jun 05, 2016
It all boils down to software and optimisation, Sony Xperia Z3 doesn't have anything remotely close to 5000mah but the screen on time / stand by time is outstanding, even the all mighty google had to implement this in android marshmallows ( doze function). That's how good it is.

Xiaomi redmi 3 with its 4000mah will be my choice for someone on a budget, the battery just keeps going..

Good write up all the same..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Humblesam(m): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2016
golddeejay:
am a testimony to dat...with my lenovo vibe p1m that comes with 4000mah, I can go 1 and half day without charging. been an heavy user, I press my fone all thru d nite (my fine is for work and pleasure). I barely worry abt low ba3, I jst turn power saver on once it gets to 15%, dat will serve for a long time...I just reduce my usage. so battery is so important esp if u r in naija

I hail you big Bro,that phone is a revelation. That phone aside the battery life,browsing on the phone alone is joy.
I have got married to all the M series of Gionee and the L series of Tecno....but I must confess,the speed of this phone can only be compared to the S5 I had earlier used, it's amazing. I will marry this one for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
klinpami:
I'm currently using a 5000mah phone. It's a tecno l5, cost just 20k. The battery is way superb. I'm a phone presser and the battery lasts me up to 12hours on continuous internet usage.

However, my camera is a big flop. I mean a very big flop that you would hate the phone. You would be embarrassed if your friends ask to use your phone for a selfie or whatever cos the camera is just like that of those 2008 laptop webcam. I will attach photos taken with my camera so you would see what I'm saying.

The phone's display is horrible, you need to see my brother rocking his own 19k phone which has 1080p HD display while mine looks just like 360p. Although his phone has just 3500mah. You need to see his camera, both front and back, it's mwah.

The is small at about 4.5inches screen but damn heavy. I mean if you put it in your pocket without using a belt or something your trouser will immediately fall off.

The phone also hangs a lot. I mean a lot. Especially if you have Facebook app or messenger on it. My dear this phone will make you wish you for Nokia torchlight as soon as you have up to 15 apps installed on it.

Lastly, this phone was made with a very unusual massive battery of 5000mah without fast charge feature. With the 2.0A super fast charger I use, it takes 4hours 30minute straight for the phone to get full from 0%, with the follow come charger which is a 1.2a charger, just be preparing to use 6hours cos even with my charger in exactly one hour my phone may just have added up 10℅.

So if you will buy a phone with 4000mah or above, check the features and specifications well. Make sure it has "fast charge" feature, sometimes it's listed on the phone's pack. And if you will take my advice, stay away from itel or tecno for value/satisfaction sake. You might consider gionee or infinix products. My 2 cents.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
With the back camera when the flash is on :/ sad as you can see in low light situation when you use flash, the light is entering the camera lol. The second photo is during the day with the front camera

5 Likes

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by kendrick9(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
Humblesam:

I hail you big Bro,that phone is a revelation. That phone aside the battery life,browsing on the phone alone is joy.
I have got married to all the M series of Gionee and the L series of Tecno....but I must confess,the speed of this phone can only be compared to the S5 I had earlier used, it's amazing. I will marry this one for a long time.
how much is it?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nutase: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
shocked
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
lepagawu:
I'm currently using a 5000mah phone. It's a tecno l5, cost just 20k. The battery is way superb. I'm a phone presser and the battery lasts me up to 12hours on continuous internet usage.

However, my camera is a big flop. I mean a very big flop that you would hate the phone. You would be embarrassed if your friends ask to use your phone for a selfie or whatever cos the camera is just like that of those 2008 laptop webcam. I will attach photos taken with my camera so you would see what I'm saying.

The phone's display is horrible, you need to see my brother rocking his own 19k phone which has 1080p HD display while mine looks just like 360p. Although his phone has just 3500mah. You need to see his camera, both front and back, it's mwah.

The is small at about 4.5inches screen but damn heavy. I mean if you put it in your pocket without using a belt or something your trouser will immediately fall off.

The phone also hangs a lot. I mean a lot. Especially if you have Facebook app or messenger on it. My dear this phone will make you wish you for Nokia torchlight as soon as you have up to 15 apps installed on it.

Lastly, this phone was made with a very unusual massive battery of 5000mah without fast charge feature. With the 2.0A super fast charger I use, it takes 4hours 30minute straight for the phone to get full from 0%, with the follow come charger which is a 1.2a charger, just be preparing to use 6hours cos even with my charger in exactly one hour my phone may just have added up 10℅.

So if you will buy a phone with 4000mah or above, check the features and specifications well. Make sure it has "fast charge" feature, sometimes it's listed on the phone's pack. And if you will take my advice, stay away from itel or tecno for value/satisfaction sake. You might consider gionee or infinix products. My 2 cents.

Very explanatory. I think most large battery size phones now come with fast charge feature
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Humblesam(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
kendrick9:
how much is it?

I bought it 36k here in Makarfi plaza,Kaduna.....
Amazing phone support 4Lte, fast charge, sleek,camera is average but not bad at all,no lag....no heat with 4000mah 2g RAM 16g ROM. What else am I looking for in a phone as an average user.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by golddeejay(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Humblesam:

exactly...that phone is amazing even though it doesn't ride on hype waves like tecno and others. that phone is smooth and its getting me addicted.
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Humblesam(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
golddeejay:
exactly...that phone is amazing even though it doesn't ride on hype waves like tecno and others. that phone is smooth and its getting me addicted.

I repeat again.....am staying in marriage with this baby till innjoo fire plus upgrade to marshmallow grin
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
stalyf:

Very explanatory. I think most large battery size phones now come with fast charge feature
Yeah latest ones that don't come cheap lol
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by golddeejay(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
donhils:
All these long thing written here just to talk about battery? Plus I don't want to be carrying heavy load every now and then cos I want 5000mah battery. I'd prefer a super slim, fast, classy and elegant looking phone with 3000mah battery to all these heavy loads from chinko companies.
a phone having 4000mah or above does not it will be heavy like dat...sometimes d difference in size or weight is negligible
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Ay04z(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Alphasunday:
what d spec bro?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
lepagawu:
Yeah latest ones that don't come cheap lol

Cheap is relative though. is a 21k phone cheap?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
stalyf:

Cheap is relative though. is a 21k phone cheap?
yeah for a 5000mah phone with fast charge technology
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by ritababe(f): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
lepagawu:

bro did they pay u to type rubbish About tecno, I have use two tecno l5 and the camera is brighter than that pics u just upload and also full charge takes up to 2 hours 30 minutes, bro stop lying u hear.

4 Likes

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2016
lepagawu:
yeah for a 5000mah phone with fast charge technology

Okay. Because itel is releasing a 5000mAh phone later this month and it would be available for about 21k. So you won't mind buying it?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2016
ritababe:

bro did they pay u to type rubbish About tecno, I have use two tecno l5 and the camera is brighter than that pics u just upload and also full charge takes up to 2 hours 30 minutes, bro stop lying u hear.

So who do we believe among two of you now?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by ritababe(f): 9:24am On Jun 06, 2016
stalyf:

So who do we believe among two of you now?
believe anyone u want but that guy type rubbish
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
ritababe:

believe anyone u want but that guy type rubbish

Okay ooo
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by paulstrings(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
lepagawu:
With the back camera when the flash is on :/ sad as you can see in low light situation when you use flash, the light is entering the camera lol. The second photo is during the day with the front camera

You have guts I admit.I can't even attempt to take a selfie with my Tecno S9..I just pretend my phone isn't a "camera phone" undecided

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Caption This Massive Typo Error On Samsung Galaxy Note Advert / Watch The Shocking Moment An Iphone Explodes & Burst Into Flames On A Dashboard / See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.