Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Debunking Religion With One Question - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking Religion With One Question (5635 Views)

Religion With Common Sense / Debunking The Trinity Logic / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by dalaman: 9:00am On Jun 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
alright, you are an atheist, right ? And you believe evil exist, and can be created, right ? I return the question to you, the viewer has read my explanation. Let us hear from an atheist, how does evil came into being ? Since you beileve, evil is created, who create it ? Thank you.

What is evil? Was goodness created?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2016
dalaman:

What is evil? Was goodness created?
I gave my explanation and you guys reject, so I return the question back to you guys, instead of explaining, you are answering question with question. Trash!!!
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by dalaman: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And the obsession with the non existent God continues . Why give this thread an exciting headline when is its the same old boring question

Satan is bound

Revelation 20 : 2-3

2. He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

Satan is then vanquished and will never return again

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

You might consider asking Satan that question during this period though wink because

Revelation 20 : 12 -15

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Dalaman 'd be asking the question to ridicule now , you won't get a funny reply when the answer to that question would be given soon cool

The OP asked a simple question, instead of answering you are busy spewing thrash written by someone that was clearly high on cow dung when he wrote those things down.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Hey, please comment on my posts, I welcome skepticism and/or refutations but please no insults @ Lilbrown007................
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Slikbae: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
And who told you the tree was evil?
Lilbrown007:
So U Mean Satan Is Superior To GOD!!! He Was Able To Create Evil Of His Will Do U Also Mean God Is Not Perfect?? If U Agree That Angels Could Create Evil Of Their Will?? Did Satan Also Eat The Apple ni?? But God Created That Tree So GOD Created Evil!!!
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
dalaman:

The OP asked a simple question, instead of answering you are busy spewing thrash written by someone that was clearly high on cow dung when he wrote those things down.

And I answered him . Blame your inability to understand not me

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Slikbae: 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
Evil is the absence of good like malvis said.

Its like blaming TOYOTA whenever a brand has an accident. Does it then that Toyota or whichever created accidents? NO! our choices bring about evil. God gave us a freewill and there's a consequence for every decision we make. The physicist would call it the laws of cause of effect which is the 2nd law of motion. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.
Lilbrown007:
How Can Something Exist And Not Be Created
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
Slikbae:

Its like blaming TOYOTA whenever a brand has an accident. Does it then that Toyota or whichever created accidents? NO! our choices bring about evil. God gave us a freewill and there's a consequence for every decision we make. The physicist would call it the laws of cause of effect which is the 2nd law of motion. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.
Common Something Must Have Caused That Accident Maybe The Tire Ain't Good Or They Are Other Flaws Meaning U R Going To Blame Toyota Or The Owner In This Case GOD

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
Slikbae:
And who told you the tree was evil?
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil

The Devil New That The Fruit Will Open Their Eyes And GOD Probably Knew What Evil Was So Meaning He Created It And Intentionally Put That Tree There

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Hey, please comment on my posts, I welcome skepticism and/or refutations but please no insults @ Lilbrown007................
I Don't Do Insult
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
lordnicklaus:

"And He said, touch not the lad neither do anything to him: for now I know that you fear God, seeing that you have not withheld your son, your only son from me." - Genesis 22:12.

"And He said, who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, which I commanded you that you should not eat?" - Genesis 3:11.

With the above scriptures, we can see that in these cases, God decided not to foreknow the future. It would sound absurd for Him to have known the exact time, date and second they would eat of the tree and then when the time comes, He begins to ask "Have you eaten the fruit?."

Also during Abraham's test, He said "Now I know" which shows He decided not to know the future....
Lol Thats Cause Its Dumb Men That Wrote The Book Trying To Craft Their Fable Out

4 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by dalaman: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And I answered him . Blame your inability to understand not me

You answered him by quoting words of a man high on cow dung abi? Well done.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Lol Thats Cause Its Dumb Men That Wrote The Book Trying To Craft Their Fable Out

Actually no. There are scientific principles found in the bible, so those writers ain't dumb as you claim they were. God can decide to withhold the future from Himself just to find out something. If He wanted to find out something and He looks into the future to find out, then there is no point in trying to find out again because He already knows the answer.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by horlarwhalhe: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2016
I love this idea of a thing and reasoning, this white people brought this religion to our lands (bible and quran) tell me how many of this white generation went through slavery? None. Who and who is leading who astray? this white put charckles to our ancestors hands and legs, rape their wife and childrens, wipe with series of weapon, torture them with different types of materials weapon to give up their spiritual life, how many of you can go through this horror things, the last thing they do is to enslaved the following generation mental with their Bible and Quoran.
Were did white race came from and black race came from? And, if Adam and eve is our parent every body should have the same blood type don't you think? Lol.
those who love to read Bible you have pyramid in your Bible (chief corner stone) all seen eye (third eye which is spiritual eye) staff and rod ( for a Sheppard to lead as a kings) all this things are the work of you ancestors and this white race told you Is evil (they corrupted everything). They can to our lands steal our gold,royal artifacts, dig our ancestors grave and said is research, lol, you that owned the land did you study your history? Jesus is definitely God white that bullshit majority of home and churches have this white jesus pictures. lol

Know thyself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by horlarwhalhe: 10:22am On Jun 05, 2016
Wake up negros

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by horlarwhalhe: 10:45am On Jun 05, 2016
Know thyself

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I will answer the question on the first pic using an illustration.
A teacher was solving a question pertaining to Math and then a student stands up and says the teacher is wrong, if the teacher immediately sends the student out, other students will conclude that the teacher is actually wrong and the student is right, instead the teacher hands over to the student to solve the equation his own way and if he can't solve it right, he can then punish him. It is the same with God. Besides, no evil in this world is ever caused by God.

That's a dangerous assertion because God is deemed an absolute arbiter. By virtue of this absolute power, evil can not sneak into the world without not just his knowledge but with his authority.

So to say God is not the ultimate cause of evil is to also imply God loses control over his creation

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by horlarwhalhe: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2016
Bible verse your pastor will not preach

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:12am On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Yea, He also gave angels freewill, the Devil chose to misuse his own freewill, he suddenly developed a proud attitude since he was a god...........

You have to admit that the free will exercised by lesser beings is not with the same infinite range that God possesses. Otherwise we humans are Gods with equal relevance as God himself which is in effect blasphemy.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by horlarwhalhe: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2016
Your pastor will never tell who you are do your research and find out who you are

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

"And He said, touch not the lad neither do anything to him: for now I know that you fear God, seeing that you have not withheld your son, your only son from me." - Genesis 22:12.

"And He said, who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, which I commanded you that you should not eat?" - Genesis 3:11.

With the above scriptures, we can see that in these cases, God decided not to foreknow the future. It would sound absurd for Him to have known the exact time, date and second they would eat of the tree and then when the time comes, He begins to ask "Have you eaten the fruit?."

Also during Abraham's test, He said "Now I know" which shows He decided not to know the future....

By saying God decided not to fore know the downfall of Adam and Eve, especially when the relevant verse does not say so, betrays your assumption that the God the Genesis is talking is omniscient. Is it possible to set your sight on an object and refuse to see it without turning your eyes away?!

You should be honest enough to admit the possibility that God in Genesis is not conceived in the same manner as God in the other books in the Bible.

The Bible was not written by one man but a cultural and religious output of an ancient Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Actually no. There are scientific principles found in the bible, so those writers ain't dumb as you claim they were. God can decide to withhold the future from Himself just to find out something. If He wanted to find out something and He looks into the future to find out, then there is no point in trying to find out again because He already knows the answer.

What is more important to you is an external validation of the Bible. You are not really concerned with the authenticity of the scientific principles in the Bible.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2016
Slikbae:

1. God is Good

2. God is omnipresent

3. Therefore Good is omnipresent

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 11:28am On Jun 05, 2016
Slikbae:

Is a flawed judgment made out of the lack of an intellect free will? Is a decision out of ignorance free will?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by francis247(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

One of the most common reasons skeptics
reject the existence of God is due to the
presence of evil in this universe. They reason
that a perfect God would not create a universe
in which evil exists. Skeptics claim that since
God created everything that God must have also created evil. They even cite Bible verses, such as:
'' I form the light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, KJV)''

'' Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the
people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? ( Amos 3:6, KJV)''
'
' Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? ( Lamentations 3:38)''

However, evil is not really a created thing.
But the bible declares otherwise. Why?
malvisguy212:

You
can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil.
Seriously? I see, feel and hear evil every now and then. I don't know about you. Hence the saying "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".
malvisguy212:

Skeptics love the KJV so much, one would think
that they were still back in medieval England. Use of this translation is problematic these days, since it uses an archaic version of modern English, which doesn't necessarily mean the same things today as when it
was translated over 400 years ago. In addition,
the KJV was produced using a limited number of medieval manuscripts that did not represent the earliest Alexandrian set of manuscripts.
WHAT DO THE MODERN TRANSLATION SAY?
1.Isaiah 45:7.
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am
the LORD who does all these. ( Isaiah 45:7, NASB)
I form the light and create darkness, I bring
prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do
all these things. ( Isaiah 45:7, NIV)
Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the
opposite of peace.The Hebrew word translated
"peace" is shallom which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh, the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously,
"calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than
"evil."
2.Amos3:6.
If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the
LORD done it? ( Amos 3:6, NASB)
When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the
people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it? ( Amos 3:6, NIV) Likewise, Amos 3:6 uses the same word, râ‛âh, referring to calamity or disaster. the context (a disaster happening to a city) does not refer to moral evil.
3. Lamentations 3:38
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that
both calamities and good things come?
( Lamentations 3:38, NIV)
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That
both good and ill go forth? ( Lamentations 3:38,
NASB) The King James Version of Lamentations 3:38
Even the edited version is not saying anything less different.

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by orunto27: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
That Religion Was Created Out Of Myth And Was Later Taken Serious. Yes you are right. For by Fabs we know all supreme spirits, kings and their common source of creation. We know Lions, Iroko Trees, Tortoise etc as special creatures. In our line in faith everytime(LIFE) for our relationship with these creatures and with ourselves for further search(ie, Feel, Think and Reason) and progress(ie, Act, Interact and Move) we found God, The Supreme Spirit and Creator of all creations. The Search for God in every Religion is a Fundamental Human Right. It is the Right to Search for Source and Progress of our common Humanity, without internal and external hindrances and inhibitions.

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
alright, you are an atheist, right ? And you believe evil exist, and can be created, right ? I return the question to you, the viewer has read my explanation. Let us hear from an atheist, how does evil came into being ? Since you beileve, evil is created, who create it ? Thank you.
THEY Is No Such Thing As GOod Or Evil They Is Only Survival
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by cloudgoddess(f): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
Sorry to butt in but I thought I'd try and answer this.

Evil isn't a "thing" in and of itself. It isn't some independent, invisible force or substance that infects and controls people. Evil only truly exists in an adjective sense. Actions can be evil, if they are intentionally taken to cause harm. Thoughts can be considered evil, if they contain hatred and spite. Evil actions are caused by evil thoughts, and evil thoughts can be caused by all manner of factors in a persons life. Egos gone haywire, obsession, hatred, or depression spiraling out of control. Even brain damage can cause a person to become hateful and want to kill.

So to sum up, "evil", as a noun, is a thing of myth. There are only humans, with thoughts or actions that can be evaluated as being evil (adjective), due to the harm they cause or intend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Kay17: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Evil isn't a "thing" in and of itself. It isn't some independent, invisible force or substance that infects and controls people. Evil only truly exists in an adjective sense. Actions can be evil, if they are intentionally taken to cause harm. Thoughts can be considered evil, if they contain hatred and spite. Evil actions are caused by evil thoughts, and evil thoughts can be caused by all manner of factors in a persons life. Egos gone haywire, obsession, hatred, or depression spiraling out of control. Even brain damage can cause a person to become hateful and want to kill.

So to sum up, "evil", as a noun, is a thing of myth. There are only humans, with thoughts or actions that can be evaluated as being evil (adjective), due to the harm they cause or intend.

Language is a vehicle for thought. It will be misleading to forget the purpose of language and employ language for purposes it is not suited for. An analysis grounded basically on the use of language without attempting to find the idea or thought language itself is trying to convey is self defeating.

Back to Evil, it is irrelevant whether it is a noun or an adjective or whatever. Language attempts to mirror the reality of Evil which we must admit is difficult to express.

Evil for me goes beyond harm and is an intrusion into my system of values. For example cowardice or rape. While misfortune or accidents or natural disasters are not evil to me inspite of their harm because they are situations/opportunities where the best characters shine brightest.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by cloudgoddess(f): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kay17:

Language is a vehicle for thought. It will be misleading to forget the purpose of language and employ language for purposes it is not suited for. An analysis grounded basically on the use of language without attempting to find the idea or thought language itself is trying to convey is self defeating.

Back to Evil, it is irrelevant whether it is a noun or an adjective or whatever. Language attempts to mirror the reality of Evil which we must admit is difficult to express.

Evil for me goes beyond harm and is an intrusion into my system of values. For example cowardice or rape. While misfortune or accidents or natural disasters are not evil to me inspite of their harm because they are situations/opportunities where the best characters shine brightest.
That's not what I was doing at all. The noun evil (ex. "That person is possessed by evil" ) and the adjective evil (as synonymous with bad, wrong, unjust, inhumane, ex. "That was an evil deed." ) describe two different ideas. The noun is used to describe some hidden force or entity which is the source of bad things humans do or think. That is what I'm saying is nonexistent.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:

That's the point I am trying to make. But the op insist, Evil is created, who created it ? I gave my explanation which he reject. If you believe, Evil is created, who created it ?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by malvisguy212: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:
THEY Is No Such Thing As GOod Or Evil They Is Only Survival
alright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Keep Having Dreams About Rapture..... Help / Women Were Not Created By God For Men - Seun Kuti / Witchcraft Manipulations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.