Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection (10316 Views)

Delta Prostitutes Force Client To Drink Private Part Washing Water Over Bills / Yuletide : Ebonyi State Govt Expresses Worry Over Criminal Activities / For Broadcasting Whatsapp Message Criticising Oshiomhole, Police Arrest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ritababe(f): 1:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Friday issued a 24-hour ultimatum to the management of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company to restore power supply to disconnected communities in the state or risk criminal prosecution.

Oshiomhole, who gave the warning when he met with some principal officers of the BEDC at the Government House, decried what he described as “corporate greed” in the operations of the company,

He explained that the action of the electricity distribution company had not only subjected the residents to grief, but also stifling investments in the state.

He lamented that in spite of the level of security and hospitality provided by the state, the company insisted on leaving several communities without electricity over unpaid bills, which he also described as “criminal rates.”

Oshiomhole said, “Within the next 48 hours, go and restore power there. If you do not, I reserve the right to compound your problems. I am here basically as a trustee of the Edo people.

“That is the only reason they elected me. I also have a duty to protect you; that is why in spite of my own reservation, you enjoy security, you enjoy hospitality in this community, even as people are angry.

“Edo State Government will prosecute any criminal extortion; we will scientifically establish the criminality and we will prosecute. You have X megawatts of power to distribute and you have targeted your revenue profile at Y level.

“Now, the power accruing to you drops at 40 per cent and you then criminally insist on collecting the same level of revenue as if your power supply has not dropped; that is criminal and we will prosecute and send someone to prison.”

The Managing Director of BEDC, Mrs. Funke Osibodu, attributed the disconnection to the alleged refusal of the residents in the affected communities to pay their electricity bills.

www.punchng.com/oshiomhole-threatens-court-action-criminal-bills-mass-disconnection/

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ritababe(f): 1:43am On Jun 04, 2016
light no dey Oami and other community for 4 months now but now wey Auchi don join the blackout na by then him wakeup.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by madridguy(m): 1:50am On Jun 04, 2016
Noted.
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Chanchit: 1:58am On Jun 04, 2016
ritababe:
light no dey Oami and other community for 4 months now but now wey Auchi don join the blackout na by then him wakeup.

so na bad thing he do as he talk so.

18 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ritababe(f): 2:22am On Jun 04, 2016
Chanchit:

so na bad thing he do as he talk so.

no not bad thing but he shouldn't have wait for his area to get affected before speaking

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by chriskosherbal(m): 2:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Welcoming development. We all need light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20am On Jun 04, 2016
Now this sounds like the Oshobaba I used to know grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Firefire(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Story story, storyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy

"He explained that the action of the electricity distribution company had not only subjected the residents to grief, but also stifling investments in the state:

Oshi-Omole, your party is in government now, ACT and stop ranting. {Edo State Government will prosecute any criminal extortion}

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by abdulwizzy(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by looseweight: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Its been a while I heard of this man
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ihatebuhari(f): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
God bless Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by otokx(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
PHEDC take note.
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by vickylincon(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
If he talk people go complain. If him no talk na same

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ifyalways(f): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Now this sounds like the Oshobaba I used to know grin
Election time= Politicians time to " denge pose" cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by loadedvibes: 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Story that tickles the bum bum

Because election don near now Baba wan they form proactive. We see through

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by frankkingston(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Oshiomhole nice one... auchi as been in darkness for month now....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by frankkingston(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
oshiomhole nice one, auchi as been in darkness for month now...

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by aimuan(m): 8:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Election is close,so he will be altruistic in his speech and actions.but after d election, he will go back to his normal way,idiat politician.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by ChappyChase: 8:12am On Jun 04, 2016
APC government na just mouth Dem get, nothing go happen!
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by buoye1(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2016
Let's wait and are
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by cutetopsey(f): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2016
grin O ya nau........Let's go there cheesy

APC and their scandalous mouth.....from 19BC

Watching in 3D
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by assetman(m): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2016
ritababe:

www.punchng.com/oshiomhole-threatens-court-action-criminal-bills-mass-disconnection/

The most annoying thing is that this power distribution company did not bother to look into their tariff despite knowing that power distribution had dropped by over 80%...........!... wat a greedy country we are staying

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by SmileXtraone: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2016
Oshobaba thumps Up. No Light yet the bills keep coming. Abeg carry them go court

If you reside in Benin City, this is the best time to get on the SMILE 4G LTE Network. Come on board Now while this promo lasts

1. Atel Kit with 20GB @ N9,800 (5GB anytime + 15GB MidNite over 3 months) : 15GB MidNite = Get 5GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

2. Smifi kit with 70GB @ N16,800 (10GB anytime + 60GB MidNite over 3 months) : 60GB MidNite = Get 20GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

3. Router offer with 160GB @ N25,800 (10GB anytime + 150GB MidNite over 3 months) : 150GB MidNite = Get 50GB bonus monthly when you recharge 10GB anytime bundle monthly.

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 04, 2016
Watched it in the news this morning.
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Subway1011: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2016
[s]
Firefire:
Story story, storyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy

"He explained that the action of the electricity distribution company had not only subjected the residents to grief, but also stifling investments in the state:

Oshi-Omole, your party is in government now, ACT and stop ranting. {Edo State Government will prosecute any criminal extortion}
[/s]

I simply hate wicked and heartless people like you. Everything in your own life is politics, only God knows how you sleep at night. Gosh....

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by texazzpete(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2016
This makes no sense. you threaten a private corporation with criminal prosecution over attempts to collect unpaid bills yet you're still talking about 'attracting investors'.

Oshiomhole said, “Within the next 48 hours, go and restore power there. If you do not, I reserve the right to compound your problems. I am here basically as a trustee of the Edo people.

Will Oshiomhole also guarantee payments to BEDC of unpaid bills?

“That is the only reason they elected me. I also have a duty to protect you; t[b]hat is why in spite of my own reservation, you enjoy security, you enjoy hospitality in this community[/b], even as people are angry.

So a Governor is saying he has reservations about extending police protection to BEDC staff?
Has nobody reminded the Governor that he has a duty largely because these folks are taxpayers, and thus he MUST provide security?

“Edo State Government will prosecute any criminal extortion; we will scientifically establish the criminality and we will prosecute. You have X megawatts of power to distribute and you have targeted your revenue profile at Y level.

So how does he know the bills are 'criminal' if he hasn't yet established any wrongdoing?

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Subway1011:
[s][/s]

[s] I simply hate wicked and heartless people like you. Everything in your own life is politics, only God knows how you sleep at night. Gosh[/s]....

Sorry, Ajadi elegbogi' grin

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Slymonster(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2016
seriously the light issue is terrible and am sorry for those they bring bill for.Those guys don't have conscience at all,no stable light and you still get mind to bring high bill..

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by Subway1011: 8:46am On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:

Sorry, Ajadi elegbogi' grin

Same trash. Expecting you to make sense is a waste of time, your kids will curse you when they finally see the kind of man you are, you need to grow up and stop acting like a malnourished kid. Smh
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by DrHighchief(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2016
otokx:
PHEDC take note.
They should take note. They have disconnected alakahia light because of Flimsy excuse that some persons are not paying light bill. Must the people paying light bill suffer because others are not paying light bill? I support Oshiomhole on this.
Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by DrHighchief(m): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2016
Port Harcourt Electricity distribution Company (PHEDC) have disconnected alakahia light because of Flimsy excuse that some persons are not paying light bill. Must PHEDC disconnect an entire area because some persons are not paying light bill? How do you compensate for those paying light bill? This injustice must stop. I support Oshiomhole on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Threatens Court Action Over ‘criminal’ Bills, Mass Disconnection by neocortex: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2016
Subway1011:

Same trash. Expecting you to make sense is a waste of time, your kids will curse you when they finally see the kind of man you are, you need to grow up and stop acting like a malnourished kid. Smh
Why are you so bitter ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) / Graphic Photos: Trailer Smashed Pregnant Woman To Death, Unborn Baby Gushes Out / Mexican Gang Castrates Rapist By Letting Pit Bull Eat His Testicles(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.