Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers (27605 Views)

BREAKING: FG To Launch New ‘n-power’ Scheme / Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers / Outcry As Nigerian Banks Set To Sack Thousands Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Oilandgas1(m): 6:27am On Jun 04, 2016
The federal government has directed banks, insurance and financial institutions to suspend plans to sack workers in the sector. Minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige in a statement said; “Following spate of petitions and complaints from stakeholders in the banking, insurance and financial institutions, I hereby direct the suspension of the on- going retrenchment pending the outcome of the conciliatory meetings in the industry,” “This is as a result of the apprehension by my office of the various disputes in the sector in accordance and in compliance with the provisions of the labour laws of Nigeria. “In this wise, all the retrenchments and redundancies done in the last four months and all proposed ones should be put on hold pending the outcome of the proposed stakeholders’ summit for the banking, insurance and financial institutions’ employers and employees, slated for July 2.” The statement added that the continued retrenchment and redundancy by the sector were jeopardising the outcome of the reconciliatory and mediatory processes undertaken by the ministry.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-orders-banks-not-sack-staff

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by maxwell767(m): 6:33am On Jun 04, 2016
Good move there..... grin

Good morning Seun, lalasticlala, moderator and distinguished men and ladies of Nairaland.

HAPPY WEEKEND to you all.cheesy

FTC! #Seun must give me weekend award#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by emeijeh(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2016
But can they really stop these banks if they(banks) want to sack?

I don't think so

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Cutehector(m): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Gbam! The power of the Federal Government cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by HungerBAD: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
I don't know how true this news is.

But in a democratic setting,the Federal Government cannot interfare in the free market.

The Banks are not owned by the Government,and as it is obtainable all over the world,the Government plays a regulatory role and nothing else.

The Government cannot dictate to banks on who to sack or not.

226 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by agbangam: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Good move
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by kingphilip(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
This is laughable.. Big time laughable. Even if I don't like how people are been retrenched, I can't help but wonder how the government expect the so called banks, insurance and other financial institutions to keep up with holding on to employees when they don't have the financial wherewithal to keep up with them

They should rather coarse state government to stop sacking workers instead because most of these financial institutions are private owned and are out to make profit

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by sammyj: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
I advise the FG to rather provide alternative job opportunities for the Nigerian people which America is currently doing in the agriculture sector which just added 30,0000 job in one month alone rather than stopping the banks from down sizing if thier private business is not yielding profit !!!!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Saintbonnie(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Very laughable. How can they dictate how they run their businesses when they haven't created enabling environment for their businesses to thrive.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by oluwato69sin(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Some people will still come to this thread and spit hateful rubbish ...when the thread that workers were sacked, same idiots government should do something, now you're shouting this is not military rule, even if they transfer all Nigerians to the u.s and transfer Americans here, we can never be satisfied

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by RichDad1(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Hope they'll provide money for the banks to pay their over bloated and redundant staffs.

Although I'm against the incessant sacking of staffs by these visionless banks but the earlier they prune down their huge salary overhead the better for the profitability of the banks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by pendusky(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2016
In One year, We will create 3m jobs, and in one year they successfully did that but in opposite direction!

Sorry for all those that loose their jobs! I just hope they didn't vote APC to be sacked later.

Good Morning Nigeria!

Dr Ngige! good moves Nigerians are watching you...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by edlion57(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Dis government love media so much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by MyParadise(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2016
ok
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Generalmac(m): 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Any alternative?
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by onismate: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Is it the FG that is paying their staff salaries that They should stop them! Nawah for them oooh..

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Elinob(m): 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Buh y all dis sacking?
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by GrandMufti: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin a government at war with itself

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by FolabiCash: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by gift01: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2016
We are not in the military era. You can't order anyone not to sack. You make the environ conducive for business and watch the magic that happens. Where's the yearly 3 million jobs promised?

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Surfboard(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2016
This is funny. How can government order private businesses on how they should run? Government should be coming up with policies that should keep people in their jobs, and not ordering banks, except they want to start helping banks pay their staff.

Another big miss from this government.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by ThreeGEEKS(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Hope they will not deny it tomorrow cool.
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2016
grin
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Sirmuel1(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2016
As if the Government will be in charge of the salaries grin
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Nonsense,is it FG that wants to help them pay salaries?

Create an enabling environment, and see business blossom.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Pavore9: 6:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Will the FG help the banks pay the workers' salaries? undecided
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 04, 2016
What a caricature of governance. W I'll the federal govt now start paying them for the banks?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Kaybee14(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2016
I hope so. Anyway, it is well.
Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by crazygod(m): 7:00am On Jun 04, 2016
Last I checked, commercial banks are not govt companies. What jurisdiction does the federal govt have as regards human capital in banks, na dem dey pay salary ni?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Nicur: 7:00am On Jun 04, 2016
government of orders!! short man devil ngige thinks this is military rule grin will orders pay their salary? rubbish!!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / Punch Newspaper Massive Recruitment For Graduate Trainee / Lagos Government Is Recruiting Teachers. Application Closees 25th July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.