Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew (54073 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by johnnyrex(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
Nice one[b][/b]
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by admax(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Sheikwonder(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
armadeo:
Ali kumbaya Ali kumbaya Ali kumbaya.

Men awesome legends.

Legends are born they are made.

I believe you mean "Ali Bomaye"....
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by dasparrow: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
korel9:
RIP

Remaining somebody here in Nigeria with ear disease to come join you very soon angry

I didn't call anybody's name so beware of quoting me wrongly if you don't want to have ear disease overnight. angry

LOL! Nigerians! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Emmaoga: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
now that he is dead you are writing all this.

are you his personal Assistant on boxing, changing of names, even on type of sickness.

or you just want to draw our hard earned attention to yourself....

you don succeed .
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by echodrum(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
On April 28, 1967 Muhammad Ali made headlines for refusing to be drafted into the U.S. Army on the grounds of being a conscientious objector.Ali went before military induction officials inside Houston's Military Entrance Processing Station building off San Jacinto and refused to step forward for induction when his name was called. He was later arrested. This came after Ali had made three separate appeals to have his draft status changed due to what he called his non-violent Muslim faith and membership in the Nation of Islam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by omolola15(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:
Muhammed Ali was really a spotting icon, and fought for black people!
It's a pity he died as a moslem.
As we all know that Mohammed himself said he does not know what will happen to
both he himself "mohammed" & his followers, hence they won't make heaven.
Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."
If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Chai I tire for some people oooo. You want to know something more than the owner. You just pulled 1 verse from a whole chapter and manipulate it into something else. Usually I don't always answer people like you. But i think you need a little lecture on how to quote the Quran. Firstly that surah (al-ahqaf) was talking about the disbelievers on the judgment day. That was never the saying of the prophet.

Next time before you quote ignorantly. Always read 5 verses before the one you are trying to quote so that you can understand what the whole chapter means. Why not take the liberty of reading surah 46: 1-12. Maybe you can get the full gist. I can help with a link.

http://quran.com/46/6-12

Only quote me when you have read, comprehend and digest that verse. Se you hear me.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kaybee09(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

is an honour he died as a muslim

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by abdussalam(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
korel9:
RIP

Remaining somebody here in Nigeria with ear disease to come join you very soon angry

I didn't call anybody's name so beware of quoting me wrongly if you don't want to have ear disease overnight. angry
That someone may live more years than you have. Every soul shall die at its appointed time definitely. But it is wrong to wish others death.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Veronica0705(f): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
some people sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Obas101(m): 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ali is most peoples model now just immediately after his death
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by abdullkabar(m): 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Really I still find it hard why some people can't hold their religion nd let other religion be!!......Do u have to criticize d other religion to make a point?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Sheguama: 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Rip sir.
One of the finest books I read as a little boy that impacted my life was your classic "The Greatest; My own Story"
You were indeed great sir .
Adieu
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by aqeelah: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Idiot, do you think Christianity is a religion? Why you turn it to business, and the Bible contradicts while the name Christianity doesn't appear in the book u called Bible nor ur fucking Sunday party . You better cogitate think deeply. Don't die except u r muslim

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by DeltaOil: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
abdussalam:

Every soul has its appointed time to return to its creator. May Allah accept Muhammad Ali among His righteous servants, overlook his shortcomings and grant him Jannah!

But if allah cannot save muhammed , how can allah save anybody then?
Mohammed himself said has no idea of his destination.

kaybee09:
is an honour he did as a muslim

How can that be an honour when you cannot make heaven?

If mohammed was a prophet, he will know that he would go to heaven,
but he confessed that he does not know.

Unlike Jesus that promises heaven to all who believe in Him.

So guys why follow mohammed that is dead and not in heaven,
With Jesus you are promised heaven and Jesus is ALIVE.

Now why follow the dead when there is the Living?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by emmasege: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hope he found peace with God through Christ the only way, before he breathed his last.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by just4tech: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mohammed Ali the greatest boxer of all tym RIP
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by hollas2jnr(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Thanks for the info OP
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by sobastical: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
NJPot:
nice observation
meanwhile, see what Yorubas did to him when he visited their village.

Stop being tribalistic it's Nigerian's not yorubas
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by iamord(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

is it too hard to just respect an icon that made positive impact without bringing in silly and degratory sentiments

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by sokera: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
korel9:
RIP

Well death is a debt we all have to pay ... So you are not left out ...

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2016

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by sokera: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
korel9:
RIP

. Well death is a debt we all have to pay , you are not left out ... And I am sure that person you think you are referring to achieved what I don't think anyone from your generation would ever achieve ...
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by vanpeele: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven

keep dreaming....only the ignorant will claim they're saved.

James 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?
 15 If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food, 
 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit?
 17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

18 But some one will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 
19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder. 
20 Do you want to be shown, you shallow man, that faith apart from works is barren? 
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? 
22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by works, 
23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness”; and he was called the friend of God. 
24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 
25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Emperor4God(m): 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven
iamord:
is it to gard to just respect an icon that made positive impact without bringing in silly and degratory sentiments

Please the guy just quoted the Bible & Quoran.

If one is degratory, then that book is not of God. grin

So choose between the living Jesus and the dead mohammed grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by ibadanfinest(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

Leave another religion alone, Una no go gree, na this kin thing dey cause wahala. What's your business with his believe,

Naso on girl go central mosque for University of Ibadan go dey shout make dem repent when the Muslims were praying jeje, if that girl were lynched now, na anoda story we for dey here.

Mind u, am a Baptist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Jibreen4u(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

LOL

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

fanànâtíç spotted!! they will flood almost every thread wth talks about their imaginary big sky daddy

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mohammed Ali vs Laila Ali

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho / "Alex Iwobi Is A Lucky Guy"-Online Users Intrigued Over Photos Of His Girlfriend / Iheanacho Debut New Hairstyle As He Returns To Leicester City For Pre-season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.