Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) (2425 Views)

Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) / PHOTO Of Mohammad Ali In Awka 1982 / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2016
Legendary Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali just Passed on.
May His soul rest in Peace.
This is a Picture compilation of His visit(s] to Nigeria.
Enjoy.
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2016
Heavy weight Champion Muhammad Ali welcomed by African model Joyce Obong in Lagos (1964) Source: JET

Girls angry grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2016
World heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, wearing the Nigerian brown and white striped Agbada, shouts to the crowd of youngsters who met him on his arrival in Lagos, Nigeria. (June 1, 1964). Source: Sacbee

The kid's (next to Ali) stance and facial expression = priceless!! He is like "ahhh!! Wo! I'm the alaye here oh" gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Eager to shake his hand, Nigerians swarm round American World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Muhammad Ali as he sits atop his car during the drive to his hotel after arriving at the airport in Lagos, Nigeria on June 1, 1964. Ali, who is on a tour of West Africa, led the crowd in cheering himself as "King of the World." (AP Photo)

I must touch the King mehn cheesy
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Legendary Broadcaster, Tolulope Adeleke Ishola Fatoyinbo of blessed memory (2/10/46-4/4/15), as a young broadcaster in an interview with the boxing legend of all time,Mohammed Ali,on a visit to Nigeria.(Date Unknown)

To the Oldies, Y'all Remember him right? Commentator for Nigeria football matches in the 70s and 80s?
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Former world Heavyweight boxing champion, Muhammed Ali (left) and President of Nigeria Senate, Dr. Joseph Wayas during the installation ceremony of President Shehu Shagari which held at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos (1979).
Source: New Nigeria.

It was written in the sky that another nation will be born... Hopes were so high, expectations were fever pitched that the greatest black nation on earth was emerging.... But alas, why did we allow it to go wrong? 37years later we are still wondering what went wrong.. sadsadsad
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Reporter interviews Nigerian ambassador to the UN Chief Simeon Adebo with heavyweight boxer Muhammad ali standing left , ali`s younger brother rahman ali middle and the Great Malcolm x ,new york 1964

This was not really in Nigeria, but in New York. smiley
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 10:00am On Jun 04, 2016
Muhammad Ali on a three day tour of Lagos, Nigeria is shown here clad in Nigerian Chief costume with drum in hand. 2nd June 1964.

Looking good on the Attire really.
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2016
[sub][/sub]go on
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by CACAWA(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2016
Fp pls
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by PRYCE(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2016
R.I.P Champ!
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by Nature8(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Nice..
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2016
He was also in Ghana, pictures of His Ghana visits are here http://omgvoice.com/news/muhammad-alis-visit-ghana-1964/
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by fiizznation: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2016
My favourite Ali's quote;

I'm so mean that I make medicine sick - Muhammad ALI{The Greatest}

R I P
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by davodyguy: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Ali's popular visit to Yoruba land, just before the 1967 Civil war was great grin
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by nairaimporter: 12:42am On Jun 20, 2016
AbuMikey:
Legendary Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali just Passed on.

May His soul rest in Peace.

This is a Picture compilation of His visit(s] to Nigeria.

Enjoy.

Hello, Abu Mickey.

I used to own a moniker called Akinmail. I met and interacted with some wonderful peeps then. I keep wondering whatever happened to Nomski0. Last I heard she was at med school in uniben.

I know you know her and I suspect you know her real name. Can you help me I want to contact her, I had a boy crush on her then.

Even if I can just get her real names, I could try contacting her on Facebook.
Re: Muhammad Ali In Nigeria. (pictures) by AbuMikey(m): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2016
nairaimporter:

Hello, Abu Mickey.

I used to own a moniker called Akinmail. I met and interacted with some wonderful peeps then. I keep wondering whatever happened to Nomski0. Last I heard she was at med school in uniben.

I know you know her and I suspect you know her real name. Can you help me I want to contact her, I had a boy crush on her then.

Even if I can just get her real names, I could try contacting her on Facebook.

Bro, its been ages since I last spoke with her, would really want talk or see Her.... But I cant seem to reach again.

Nomski0 when ever You read this, please do send me a mail.

Cc Homesteady Vivly

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Nigeria Wins Gold And Silver In The Olympics! / Vip Sure 2 Odd Daily / Bet9ja, The Second Most Visited Website In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.