Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,655 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

MTN Has Done It Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Has Done It Again (8667 Views)

MTN Has Landed The Big Train............ For Student / MTN Has Done It Again (part II) / Mtn Has Started Wiping Their Free Data Given Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Has Done It Again by Timijo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
I was been skeptical about writing this; but since my effort to reach them on customer care line has proved abortive I have no choice than to voice out here.
I was happy when I heard that MTN has increased #1000 plan to 1.5Gb. I subscribed for this data last week and I was giving 1. 5Gb data.
I started using it, until Thursday 2 when it stopped. I checked my data balance and I was told that I have exhausted my data. What! Within a week? I did not stream line video online. I only use it for whatsapp and browsing web pages.
I have called their customer care line but they did not pick. I regretted subscribing to this new MTN data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Detonator: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
Show us the screenshot of your phone data usage from the date you subscribed

6 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by WRAKE(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
A friend of mine complain about the same issue to me....he subscied for 1.5GB ,all exahusted in one night without downloading or streaming and he subscibe for 3GB also...500mb deducted after some hours of subscribing....

IThink you change your sub sim...mtn is very annoying
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mk una use GLO nw. It's cheaper and no zapping

2 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Kizyte(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Glo first started the zapping, but thank God they've doubled their data allocation for all plans
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
WRAKE:
A friend of mine complain about the same issue to me....he subscied for 1.5GB ,all exahusted in one night without downloading or streaming and he subscibe for 3GB also...500mb deducted after some hours of subscribing....

IThink you change your sub sim...mtn is very annoying

Guy speak your native language! Nawa u oo. You just dey wound person anyhow.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
I was been skeptical about writing this; but since my effort to reach them on customer care line has proved abortive I have no choice than to voice out here.
I was happy when I heard that MTN has increased #1000 plan to 1.5Gb. I subscribed for this data last week and I was giving 1. 5Gb data.
I started using it, until Thursday 2 when it stopped. I checked my data balance and I was told that I have exhausted my data. What! Within a week? I did not stream line video online. I only use it for whatsapp and browsing web pages.
I have called their customer care line but they did not pick. I regretted subscribing to this new MTN data.
We're really tired of hearing this same story from clueless people that don't know how to use data on their phones. U didn't use the data personally doesn't mean your phone can't use it. It's possible you have some automatic updates going on in your background. I used that 1.5gb data plan from mtn and every 1mb of it was accurately accounted for.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by mrbillz(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
I experienced that 3 days ago. I did the 500 for 1gig and I was given 750mb instead. The data finished last night and I just did another 1000 for 1.5gb I hope this last angry Mtn don start their thief thief be that.

Note: Before quoting me and spewing trash. I use an iPhone 6 and I turn off the data of the apps I'm not using. I only turn on for those I use frequently and even put them off when not in use. I think Mtn is trying to milk is this time. I have been with them for a very long time not until I started experiencing this lately

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Timijo(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

We're really tired of hearing this same story from clueless people that don't know how to use data on their phones. U didn't use the data personally doesn't mean your phone can't use it. It's possible you have some automatic updates going on in your background. I used that 1.5gb data plan from mtn and every 1mb of it was accurately accounted for.
U don't need to be insultive before u score a point. That wasn't d first time of using data of 1. 5Gb. I was using glo plan before I switched to mtn plan last week. glo plan of 1. 5Gb normally last for 3 to 4 weeks while mtn of 1. 5Gb just lasted for a week.
Pls don't insult me again.

16 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by bluemorg72: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
why will i go for mtn when glo gives me 3GB for same 1K, full details belowhttp://www.naijainformation.com/2016/06/is-official-now-get-10gb-for-just-n2500.html
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by vernalsage(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:

Your data usage can be measured from your phone.

Next time you subscribe, reset your data usage and check how much data you've used when you're told by the provider that it's exhausted.

That's the only way you can prove your network Provider is "zapping" your data.

From my own observation. MTN does no such thing.

I attach herewith a screenshot of my data usage for the N25 for 500MB.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by ChiomaUdemba(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by vernalsage(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by rafti4(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
You all should get a new sim and subscribe to the mtn 1GB for 100naira just load the card and you'll be given 1GB for free and your money will still be intact a word is enough for the wise the data zaps normal no extra charges
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Dungpamggyang(m): 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
Bros de guy is not clueless, i subscribed for 1.5 gig too and within 3 days the data was was wiped off. mind you, i used it with my modem, no streaming, no download no updating. so please if you dont have a solution just keep quiet. BUT I MIGHT THINK IF IT IS THE SIM CARD WE USE FOR SIMPLE SERVER THEN MAYBE THEY ARE DEDUCTING FROM WHAT WE USED (TRY CHANGE SIM, WHICH IS WHAT I WANT TO TRY TOO)
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Lamborghini(m): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
When I said it they said I'm lying.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by webincomeplus(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

Mr Clueful, you don't have to insult before making a point. I personally did a practical test and have confirmed what the OP said.

Here are my findings so far:

MTN's new data plans get exhausted very quickly.

Glo's new data plans (not the BBM plans) are slow as a wounded snail

Yet to test Etisalat and Airtel

3 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by johnsavy: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
pèle tongue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
U don't need to be insultive before u score a point. That wasn't d first time of using data of 1. 5Gb. I was using glo plan before I switched to mtn plan last week. glo plan of 1. 5Gb normally last for 3 to 4 weeks while mtn of 1. 5Gb just lasted for a week.
Pls don't insult me again.
Now I'm confused, where's the insult? Normally I don't insult people.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by johnsavy: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
Oops[color=#990000][/color]
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
vernalsage:

Your data usage can be measured from your phone.

Next time you subscribe, reset your data usage and check how much data you've used when you're told by the provider that it's exhausted.

That's the only way you can prove your network Provider is "zapping" your data.

From my own observation. MTN does no such thing.

I attach herewith a screenshot of my data usage for the N25 for 500MB.
Yes pls tell them.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
webincomeplus:

Mr Clueful, you don't have to insult before making a point. I personally did a practical test and have confirmed what the OP said.

Prove it. Prove that mtn exhausts faster than normal. Show me where you subscribed to the 1.5gb data and used only 700mb.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by krozay(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
rafti4:
You all should get a new sim and subscribe to the mtn 1GB for 100naira just load the card and you'll be given 1GB for free and your money will still be intact a word is enough for the wise the data zaps normal no extra charges
pls how do I subscribe for the Mtn 100 for 1GB
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by rafti4(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
krozay:
pls how do I subscribe for the Mtn 100 for 1GB
add me up let me send you the guide and I'm not on whatsapp telegram it is
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by pendusky(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
all these new data cap is the same!

if it was 1GB for 1k before and they charge 15kb/sec then it therefore means they will charge 48kb/sec for 1.5GG for 1k so we are the one suffering.

NCC need to look into these issues

I subscribe for Airtel 1.5k naira like 3 times in a month and I believe it time to turn my tentacles to GLO

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by itoese(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
I do advise my colleagues to run from MTN bait. They are the biggest scammer in the telecom industry in Nigeria
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Mattex001(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
webincomeplus:

grin grin grin

Etisalat and MTN rocks
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
iamexcelblog:

Guy speak your native language! Nawa u oo. You just dey wound person anyhow.

This is cold...

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by mychelyte(m): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
They will return your data soon.
Trust me,it has happened to a friend before
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Timijo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

Now I'm confused, where's the insult? Normally I don't insult people.
You said u did not use insultive word? What about the word "clueless?" Please mind the way u use word...
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by oslae(f): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
Useless mtn undecided
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
You said u did not use insultive word? What about the word "clueless?" Please mind the way u use word...
That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / Appli. From Skye Bank / Comparing The Extremely Similar Tecno H6 And New Tecno M6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.