Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:15 PM

Nysc Has Been Scrapped - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Has Been Scrapped (24666 Views)

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. / 5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped / NYSC Has Changed The Date Again Oooo... 27 April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nysc Has Been Scrapped by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Breaking News : FG SCRAPS NYSC SCHEME... WE WILL ALLOW SERVING CORPS MEMBERS TO PASS OUT Says FG As NYSC DG Appeals For Calm...

The Federal government has scrapped the National Youth Service Corps NYSC in a bid to cut down spendings. This was reached after today's Federal Executive Council Meeting. It will be recalled that the Federal Government had scrapped Post UTME to enable JAMB carry out its statutory responsibility of conducting admissions into the nation's Universities, Polytechnics and colleges of Education.
Meanwhile, all youth corps members currently serving now will be allowed to round off their service year with full financial benefits .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by 9ja4show: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lies
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by adren(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
OLUWAFUNMISE:
Breaking News : FG SCRAPS NYSC SCHEME... WE WILL ALLOW SERVING CORPS MEMBERS TO PASS OUT Says FG As NYSC DG Appeals For Calm...

The Federal government has scrapped the National Youth Service Corps NYSC in a bid to cut down spendings. This was reached after today's Federal Executive Council Meeting. It will be recalled that the Federal Government had scrapped Post UTME to enable JAMB carry out its statutory responsibility of conducting admissions into the nation's Universities, Polytechnics and colleges of Education.
Meanwhile, all youth corps members currently serving now will be allowed to round off their service year with full financial benefits .

source...

you have no idea how many hearts you are already breaking with this iroyin eleje of yours..

just apologise already before I send sango after you

2 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by jopretty(f): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
I hope it is not one of those rumors people peddle.
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Jetjacky(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
I ould have unveiled mynopinion had their been my source to back your claims
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Kylekent59: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
U say
Haa am hoping for batch B ooo. Abi make I go skul go collect my certificate jeje do my clearance

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Send the sango lipsrsealed
adren:

source...

you have no idea how many hearts you are already breaking with this iroyin eleje of yours..

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by nonstan(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
Source or ur talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Yuneehk(f): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
adren:

source...

Hope yours isn't among those hearts grin
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by ibroh22(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
Them no born FG well,,,me wey don dey wait for it like kilode,,,Why

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Caseless: 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
A stvpid decision, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by precious250: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
In Other news, HUSBAND NEEDED

2 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by OnWebTech: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
Who composed this lie..
you deserve a Masters degree in lieinology
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by pmc01(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lalasticlala
Mynd 44

Please close down this thread, FEC meet only on Wednesdays.
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by torqque7(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
The news is true so better believe it.
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by karrengold(f): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
what a great development.....i love this new development,dats if its true though....nysc is nothing but a time wasting and energy sapping scheme

14 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by ayindejimmy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
You people are so full of fake news.

The Federal Government said it will not succumb to agitations from some quarters to scrap the National Youth Service Corps scheme.
ugosupdate.com/fg-scraps-nysc-scheme-see-what-federal-government-has-to-say/

Breaking! Finally, FG releases fund to NYSC
 May 17, 2016  Featured , News Update 0 Comments
The Federal Government has acceded to the request of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by releasing funds meant for its Batch ‘A’ Stream II orientation programme.

nigeriapoliticsonline.com/breaking-finally-fg-releases-fund-nysc/
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by infoscope(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
NYSC was instituted by an Act of the National Assembly. Even Buhari has no powee to abolish it. For it to be abolished, a bill will have to be sent to the National Assembly and it will pass through the first and second reading before it is finally adopted.

We all know how long this process will take.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by amokeme(f): 12:04am On Jun 05, 2016
Wish the news is true angry
That one year is just a waste honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:07am On Jun 05, 2016
amokeme:
Wish the news is true angry
That one year is just a waste honestly.

some people have good stories though
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by jay44(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2016
Caseless:
A stvpid decision, I must say.
nd u r even more stvpid to av blived d fake news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by ibroh22(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2016
precious250:
In Other news, HUSBAND NEEDED
send E-mail to me
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by JAROSALEMY: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2016
(1) A decision to abolish the NYSC scheme but it cannot be implemented as suggested by some unnamed person here. The NYSC Act was made part and parcel of Nigeria's 1999 Constitution. Therefore to scrap the NYSC scheme would require a constitutional amendment. This is possible and it has been done but it is a tedious process.
(2) the FEC doesn't meet on Saturdays but Wednesdays as of tradition. This piece of 'Breaking News' is therefore suspect and should be taken with a pinch of salt, or better still, it should be completely discarded.
(3) If we may add an opinion, we wish the NYSC scheme was amended and ma
de more relevant after 38 years, or better still, if it was scrapped altogether.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by amifedaryor(m): 1:28am On Jun 05, 2016
adren:

source...

plz scrap mathematics and nt nysc

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by amifedaryor(m): 1:31am On Jun 05, 2016
OLUWAFUNMISE:

scrap mathematics and nt nysc
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Emeka71(m): 1:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Foolish statement.
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Gbaba1: 1:55am On Jun 05, 2016
I dare FG to scrap NYSC and see what becomes of her youths...me personally go kill people
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by scribble: 4:15am On Jun 05, 2016
Gbaba1:
I dare FG to scrap NYSC and see what becomes of her youths...me personally go kill people

We need more people like you in society. Carry on. When dem behead you for St Agnes junction, you go swerve get sense for part 2. Adieu amigo.

3 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by ednut1(m): 4:34am On Jun 05, 2016
Gbaba1:
the news is false btw. but scrapling it would be a good idea. if d 19800 going to change ur life. in saner climes u can graduate today and start work nxt week. not staying at home to be mobilised for 6-12 months. and wasting another 12 months in another mans land. abegi

4 Likes

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by sweethoneypie(f): 6:37am On Jun 05, 2016
If this news has an element of truth in it at all, then what happens to the number of employees of NYSC itself like the zonal inspectors, local government inspectors etc. Has any provision been made for their employment elsewhere?
I personally have not benefitted from service except for the fact that it made me geographically mobile but I know of certain person that have attained greater height just because of service. All the same, I trust Nigerians, we are highly adaptable, capable of surviving in any situation of change.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by Ishilove: 6:52am On Jun 05, 2016
infoscope:
NYSC was instituted by an Act of the National Assembly. Even Buhari has no powee to abolish it. For it to be abolished, a bill will have to be sent to the National Assembly and it will pass through the first and second reading before it is finally adopted.

We all know how long this process will take.
I taya. A scheme instituted by an Act of National Assembly was dissolved in a FEC meeting that dubiously held on a weekend...

Even if we are gullible, let us try to use our grey matter for what God put it there for.
Re: Nysc Has Been Scrapped by ShaqFu: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2016
OLUWAFUNMISE:

Where is your source?

(1) (2)

Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? / A thread for corpers posted to Ogun / Corper Brutalized By The Police In Katsina, His Pastor Flogged (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.