Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. (104958 Views)

See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Scientist Have Found A Way To Recycle Sunlight — Good News For Solar Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
promisengr:

According to the article below, the best and most expensive is mono crystalline type.

http://energyinformative.org/best-solar-panel-monocrystalline-polycrystalline-thin-film/
yes you are right. It was the Google keyboard that changed it to noncrystalline. I meant monocrystalline.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
Skykid1208:
op i would like to know d average cost of setting up a solar electricity for a 5 bedroom flat

Energy products are not dependant on tge size of your facility but your load function.
List the gadgets & equipments you plan to use on it and i can offer you an advice.
call/whatsapp 08137539988
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Funny enough, something just came to me. Over the years, I've been to a lot of sites and seen people (some after the damage was done) who have solar systems installed without their engineer installing lightening surge equipment's to protect the entire system and the home against lightening surges. Would just like to know how many people in the house have this installed and how many had their engineer skip this process.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
masseratti:
For people that av inverters already plus batteries, how can We connect solar panels and at what cost, mine is su kam, 1, 5kv inverter am not so sure the configuration.

The size of your inverter is very necessart, so you need to confirm well.
or you can request for our technician to help look it up but that will be when you are ready to embark on the project.
Thanks

call/whatsapp 08137539988
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lanjonath:
Funny enough, something just came to me. Over the years, I've been to a lot of sites and seen people (some after the damage was done) who have solar systems installed without their engineer installing lightening surge equipment's to protect the entire system and the home against lightening surges. Would just like to know how many people in the house have this installed and how many had their engineer skip this process.

You have stated a good point but i think its a step that can be akipped if the client isnt so bouyant
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
I feel it can be suspended for a while, but not skipped. Its better to keep it in mind and install it later, coz trust me, if a lightening surge does occur not a single piece of equipment will be spared. and that costs way more.

darocha1:

You have stated a good point but i think its a step that can be akipped if the client isnt so bouyant

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by emvico(m): 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
darocha1:

The useless boys who didnt think of climbing your roof to take your antenna.
they are just like you. infact you are one of them
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
davodyguy:

Oga, na money ooo. We spent millions of naira. Will give you a contact to call

Not interested in a sales call, thanks.

If you can share online it will be better.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
Err..the number of hours it will last for partly depends on the number of batteries and solar panels you have installed. But typically (based on your system design) it should take 6 to 7 hours to fully charge drained batteries with solar power alone.

buharisbae:
sychophanticgoat y ain't u replying anybody ?? I just wanna ask how many hours does the solar last after being charged fully and how many hours does it take for it to be fully charged for a 3 bedroom flat with 3 fridges 1 led tv 5 fans 13 bulbs 2 electric kettle and others sha. anybody pls answer
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by oblo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:
sychophanticgoat y ain't u replying anybody ?? I just wanna ask how many hours does the solar last after being charged fully and how many hours does it take for it to be fully charged for a 3 bedroom flat with 3 fridges 1 led tv 5 fans 13 bulbs 2 electric kettle and others sha. anybody pls answer

Buharis bae!!!! Your energy requirements are quite enormous if you have to use an off grid system to power it. Depending on how many batteries you have installed and capacity of inverter you have as well..that would determine how long it would last if you are using all appliances at the same time.

Your case would need a techy to physically come and access your house and equipment to be able to recommend the best system for you.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kk
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
emvico:
they are just like you. infact you are one of them

ok
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by ekpotek: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
Got one installed in December 2015. Cost me N250K including installtion. Consist of
130watt mono x6 panels N120,000
35Amp solar charger controller N15000
200Amh deep cycle batteriea x2 N100000
3KVa modified sine wave 12v inverter. Systems still workiing and powers my big fridge. Get up to six hours of power supply after sunset. Saves me about 10 litres of petrol everyday for my generator.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kindly give this a read sir:
http://www.tindosolar.com.au/learn-more/poly-vs-mono-crystalline/

pragmatistm:
yes you are right. It was the Google keyboard that changed it to noncrystalline. I meant monocrystalline.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by inception101(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hi, nice thread. I had mine recently installed. 2.4kva with 2 btl sollar batteries and 1_200wats solar panel but the truth is i'v never enjoyed it since day one as I stay in d east and I paid for for transportation and installation all d way from ibadan and yet the thing has been a real pain and regrets ever since. Imagine leaving d house since morning and coming bak and d so called solar doesn't last 30 minutes with ma laptop, ceiling fan, ps4 and one or two bulbs on(with out load, it reads 12.7 and when fully charged with gen it reads 13.1 but as soon as u power anything it goes down to 12.5 and below drastically). It's so disheartening. Pls what's d way forward

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Donaldomo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Flips:

Please can a 2.4 kva with 2 batteries carry a fridge and fans at the same time?
It depends on d rating of the fridge. In summary, a 2.4KVA system can carry most fridges and fans comfortably!
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
inception101:
Hi, nice thread. I had mine recently installed. 2.4kva with 2 btl sollar batteries and 1_200wats solar panel but the truth is i'v never enjoyed it since day one as I stay in d east and I paid for for transportation and installation all d way from ibadan and yet the thing has been a real pain and regrets ever since. Imagine leaving d house since morning and coming bak and d so called solar doesn't last 30 minutes with ma laptop, ceiling fan, ps4 and one or two bulbs on(with out load, it reads 12.7 and when fully charged with gen it reads 13.1 but as soon as u power anything it goes down to 12.5 and below drastically). It's so disheartening. Pls what's d way forward
You were thoroughly deceived by your technician; what's the size of each battery?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by gift01: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nobody is talking about how much the installer will charge and then pls emphasis on the use of Surge so as to protect Fri Thunder and Lightning. Had an experience 4 weeks ago but thank Goodness the surge was part of it
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
inception101:
If you are around Enugu, I ll take a look at your setup to find out whats wrong.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
What I'd say is this, err... 1 200W Solar Panel isn't enough to adequtely charge your two batteries, they look to me like 100Ah batteries. Try adding 1 or 2 more Solar Panels to the system. I haven't been on site to fully analyze your system but here are my estimated right now.

You have 1 200W solar Panel which has an estimated Imp of about: 7.45A
Assuming the current is constant (which wont be the case depending on your controller): 100/7.45 at 24V= 13.4hrs. It would take 13.4 hours to fully charge your batteries. and each day has 6-7 hours of good sunlight, so going with six hours it'll take 2.2 days to fully charge your batteries.

I'll also implore you to have someone check your batteries because with the way the voltage drops, there must be something seriously wrong with them.

P.S your installation is very messy, the technician really botched the job.

feel free to email me: Lanjonath@hotmail.com

inception101:
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darediamond(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
First thing first, when choosing your Solar Panel, if you can not get 3-junction PVC , then buy only Monocrystaline Panels.

You need not to spend so much to get Solar Generator to Power your Electronics.

Original Mercury Deep Cell Battery made in Korea works well for me.

Unless you need power in the evening, you can preferably buy Grid-tie Inverter which is always all in one as it as been integrated with Maximum Power Point Tracker Controller to enable you get the most out of your Solar Panels. BuybMonocrystaline Panels always only.

You can still use battery with a grid-tie inverter mind you. Butbif you are on rigth budget, then G.T inverter will save you cost at the expense of no night power.

MPTT controller integrated in grid tie inverter makes sure that if your Panel is rated at 300w for example, you will at least be getting a minimum of 250 Watt of Power from your panel during the daylight.

Make sure the inverter you will buy have proper copper wound transformer and is as well integrated with Overload Protection, Short Circuit Protection, battery Low Voltage Protection.

I bougth my Panels from China as well as my Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Pure Sine Wave Inverter is what you should always go for to keep safe your electronics from possible malfunction and fault.

You can buy your Pure Sine Wave inverter on Aliexpress. Mine is name I power. It is built to withstand Overload, reverse Polarity etc.and I have tested all this Protection levels and it works fine. No damage at all. When you mistakenly overload it for example, instead of it to affect it internal component like MOSFET, the inverter will Shut down on it own. Immaginne that!

You can buy your Panels from Chinese on Alibaba.com

Just negotiate with the sale rep per watt starting fro say 10Watt. But prepare he or she ahead to agree to the fact that the more wattage you buy, the lesser the price.
But presently, most manufactures are selling Monocrystaline Cellers per Wattage between 30cent to 55cent.

Solar Business is the next big highly lucrativevBiz you can go into now. You justvhave to avoid greediness in the biz to make it big time or do I say attract people at large to buy from you.

One Package you can bring in now is 120Watt Folding Monocrystaline Panel with 150W Pure Sine Wave Grid Tie Inverter with 5V 2A USB port. This Package is for Students.

You can even remove the inverter and go straight for Integrated Universal Laptop DC to DC Charger of 150. The integration therein implies that the DC to DC universal Laptop Adapter will have on it board MPTT Circuit which will be feeding the main Circuit of the Universal Laptop Adapter Circuit.

So Buyers of this Package will need no Battery at all to use the folding 120watt Monocrystaline Panel to get there Laptops Charged during the day anywhere they are.

The panel will have a shock absorbing carrier bag to ensure Smith mobility. It Advance universal adapter will have the major tips of Laptop brands like Accer, Samsung etc.

You can get electronics engineering company to newly manufacture this type of laptop adapter for you.

The adapter can also be made to have 2 USB output of 5v/2A each for fast charging assurance.

If you have the money go into this Biz now forget electronics as people lacks constant power supply to power there phones let alone other bigger ones.

Be wise. Be a problem solver not Problem creator.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Donaldomo(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
inception101:
With the picture u posted, I bet say that you work lacks d perfect touch of an expert. On d other hand, d nature, type and no of batteries used may have contributed to ur predicament with d system. So I urge u to contact a correct expert to look at the system properly for accurate diagnosis. So can work well in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by dapsonlou(m): 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Flips:

Please I will like to buy a solar inverter (3.5kvA) + 4 batteries. Do you know a reliable seller(s) in Lagos?
Where did you get yours if I may ask?

0708 999 6942 he's the best. Seun
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by sonety2k(m): 9:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
cool
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by 1kinggy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Please what do i need to add a solar system to my inverter assembly.
I have a 1.5KVA Luminous inverter and 2 x SIMBA batteries for my home.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
You'll upgrade the system to a hybrid system, it's a quick, straight forward process. However an engineer will have to visit your site because the inverter DC input Voltage is very necessary to the Solar Panel configuration.

masseratti:
For people that av inverters already plus batteries, how can We connect solar panels and at what cost, mine is su kam, 1, 5kv inverter am not so sure the configuration.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
You'll need 4 250W Solar Panels
1 40A mppt charge controller
Solar Panel Mounting Rails
1 Lightening protector

the described system should fully charge your batteries with 6 hours of god sunlight.

and that's about it. feel free to email me: Lanjonath@hotmail.com

1kinggy:
Please what do i need to add a solar system to my inverter assembly.
I have a 1.5KVA Luminous inverter and 2 x SIMBA batteries for my home.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
inception101:

I am really interested in your case, i really feel your plight but hang in there, help its on its way.
pls call/whatsapp 08137539988.

Think Transformation...Think Technology
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Alternative power sources like inverter/batteries and solar are for powering light load esp for convenience. They cannot economically replace public power supply when the load becomes large. For 3 bedroom flats , 5 energy bulbs is enuf at any particular time, 1 freezer is enuf to run for 5hours per day, 1 led TV and prob 2 rechargeable fans(they are more energy efficient). A 300w* 4 solar panels, 40a epsolar charge controller, 1.5kva sulkam inverter, 4*200AH batteries and you're good. If you need specifics...hala me
buharisbae:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by inthack: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
I have 3.5inverter with 4batteries, I need solar panel and i need to change 2batteries, is there a way i can get your contact to reach you?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by inception101(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
You were thoroughly deceived by your technician; what's the size of each battery?

100ah
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
My firm can help with this sir, kindly email me: Lanjonath@hotmail.com

inthack:
I have 3.5inverter with 4batteries, I need solar panel and i need to change 2batteries, is there a way i can get your contact to reach you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) / Sloth Caught In My School Today / Prepaid Meter Codes| How To Recharge & Check Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.