Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80164 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by uscofield: 11:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Sincerely, I always find a way to show them that I am busy.
I don't know if I have been fair to the JWs.
Nairalanders, what are your reactions when Jehova Witnesses knock on your door?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by dollyjoy(f): 11:27am On Jun 05, 2016
I lock up everywhere whenever i sight them from afar or simply tell them to gerrahiamehn. They are hypocrites.undecided

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by talktonase(m): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2016
If naah woman i go allow her inside.After having healthy religious conversations i will sharply collect her number...

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by uscofield: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2016
@Seun, Lala, Mods, what are your actions and reactions?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Omotayor123(f): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2016
I simply tell them I don't need to be preached to..

Just last week, my mum sat one down and preach to him instead. cheesy
When the table turn around, The man quickly carry in leg Waka without looking back. smiley
I laugh so tey grin grin grin

My friend told me They don't pray, so she uses the 'Let us pray method' to disperse them. grin grin

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Tallesty1(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
I lock up everywhere whenever i sight them from afar or simply tell them to gerrahiamehn. They are hypocrites.undecided
How are they hypocrites?

They are a good example of what Christianity is about.
The go around preaching the gospel to all nations.

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They teach you to work hard instead depending on inexplicable miracles.

You hardly hear that a member of them molest an under aged kid.

They are united.

They make out time for the poor and needy.

They are not greedy.

What else is Christianity about?

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.
emsheddy:
Tallesty, my brother, they are indeed hypocrites! Have you ever tried giving a JW your church flier? You will be shocked how they will react! They hate being associated with anything that has Church written on it! Yet they want you to collect their Awake and Watch Tower! I use to welcome them with open hands! But ever since I noticed this behaviour, I don't even read anything with JW on it! Personally, I relate with even Muslims like my brothers but I hate hypocrisy! You can give me your books and journals and I will accept them with a free mind yet you can't accept same from me? Like seriously?
My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

What's in our fliers? A theme, a programme, a venue, my pastor's selfie and a testimony that is most times false.

Bro, make we leave talk. I used to accept fliers because I write quotation of goods at the back but I have stopped since they started writing testimonies there.

Why invite me to your church program when you know that I am member of another church?

I see them as revenue generators for their respective churches.

252 Likes 39 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by warrenweste(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2016
give them a stern face undecided and tell them am busy

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Olukokosir(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2016
I no dey answer them or if I will, I go just collect der tracts ( d one wey dey gt dz new discovery for bak) nd slammed my damn door

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mediapace: 11:39am On Jun 05, 2016
They are Xtians too,i'll let them in na only females o and sometimes male.
I'll listen to them and all their preaching and later ask for her number,if she no wan gree. I go send her away,and if she gree i go lie to her say i need wife and na her God tell me to marry,if she say NO then i'll tell her she is going against God will

The next thing she will do is to start going,for my mind i don send her away

BUT SERIOUSLY THEY ARE XTIANS LIKE WE ARE,WE NEED TO LET THEM IN

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mediapace: 11:39am On Jun 05, 2016
Are you a xtian?
dollyjoy:

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by dollyjoy(f): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

Not the ones i know,the ones i know misquote the bible.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by dollyjoy(f): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2016
Mediapace:
Are you a xtian?
Yes i am.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by RoyalBlak007: 11:44am On Jun 05, 2016
I don't open my door to any of them...not only JW....any body com preaching to me....i ignore.

cos they preach their Church....instead of preaching the WORD..must I com to ur church before am saved?...and some of them will still beg yu for money at the end of their preaching...#envelope format grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mediapace: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2016
Which church?
dollyjoy:
Yes i am.

@omotayor are you a christian?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

Jehovah's witnesses obey Jesus' command to preach found in Matthew 28:19,20.
Frankly speaking, no other Religious group do that.
Thumbs up for the JWs!

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Christianity is as divided as Nigeria.

Nonsense.

I share the word of God with them.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Tonnierichy(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Keep moving
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Kizyte(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
I welcome them cos they're doing a nice job cool

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Youngzedd(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Gerrara here grin
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ayanko(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
I love talking with them. It helps me spiritually.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ijaya123: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
The first thing I say is 'can we pray?'

If the response is negative, I simply walk them on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
I do welcome them because their teaching of the word of God is so deep and understanding
But they can talk hen

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Cutehector(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Well, if i'm bored, I let dem in.. we discuss..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by pennytration(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
well dats wot happens wen a group of pple believe in a story book dats filled with contradictions and lies..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by MyParadise(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
no reaction i just give them seats.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
I welcome them when in a good mood sad

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by BUSHHUNTER: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Horlufemi(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Jesus is God.

That's what I tell them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by teepsee(f): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Me I don't have problem with them oo, it's just that most often time when they come by is when i am just returning from church. The one i heard from church I have not finish digesting it you are here to over load it or even wash it away.

I simply let them know I'm just coming back from church so take it to those that have been at home all day. Thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by cherylsmith(f): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2016
My face when they knock on my door
"Niqqa its 3am fvck do you want?"

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by versashee: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2016
I am like; "Oh! crap"

Meanwhile...

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

"Prophet Joshua Iginla Shared Nudes With Stella" - Wife, Yemisi Iginla (video) / Prophet Odumeje: Native Doctor Performs Rituals Against Chukwuemeka Ohanemere / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.