Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) (2330 Views)

What Is The English Name Of / How To Make Tiger Nut Milk (kunun Aya) A Natural Aphrodisiac! / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) by djlaqua91(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hi everyone, it's the month of Ramadan and I would like to share this refreshing drink called Kunu Aya(Tiger Nut Drink) with everyone and especially to the muslim sisters & brothers. It's a drink that can increase vitality after breaking your daily fast.
I knew Aya(Tiger Nut) when I was a kid back in the middlebelt. It is usually sold by aboki mallams who sell in wheel barrows. It can also be made into snacks by toasting the nuts and coating with sugar, but this is mostly found in the northern part of Nigeria.
But I didn't know it as Tiger Nuts until many years later.Lol...
The first time I had kunu Aya, was about six years ago in Kano, Nigeria. I got hooked to the refreshing taste.
I never bothered to learn at that time mainly because it was readily available. Upon leaving Kano, I knew it was time to start preparing it myself.
Hygienically, its better to prepare this drink yourself because you will be 100% sure of the water source.
Tiger nut is called different names by various tribes in Nigeria:
*.Hausa - Aya
*.Yoruba - Imumi
*.Igbo - Aki Awusa
To get the recipe see more on;

http://www.flawlessoptions.com/2016/06/kunu-aya-tiger-nut-drink.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
This nut is so nutritous. Very good for the heart and male's sexual health. To prepare tigernut drink will require lots of tigernuts and they are kind of expensive these days but i would not mind a drink from you.
Re: Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) by jaysam28: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2021
i love these guide on making kunu aya but a lot has changed sicnce 2016 but you can learn a new and easy method at https://juicymade.com/how-to-make-kunu-aya/
Re: Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) by Salesnservices: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
Do you need Tigernut & Dabino in small and large quantity

If yes, please call: +2347066880314, 09128586853
Re: Healthy & Natural Kunu Aya (tiger Nut Drink) by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Very nutritious drink.

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Fresh Crayfish Is Been Dried Before Consumption (pictures/video) / How To Make Fluffy Nigerian Pancakes Step By Step / Nneka's Chinese Inspired Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.